Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2181647 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1cor2v9: 10:59am On Nov 29, 2020
1cor2v9:

Thanks however I'm not in Canada..I am in Nigeria...
The truth is I actually need someone who can help me pay my Rprf of 500CAD and I will pay the person in naira..

I will appreciate if a regular member of this thread can assist

Modified.
Glad to finally find someone who helped out yesterday..
Thanks to all those who reached to me offering assistance.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Shanid(m): 10:59am On Nov 29, 2020
evergold:

I did my own from outside Nigeria by myself.
work permit ? Can you put me through ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joselum: 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2020
Sorry, just saw this message.
I sent the passport to VFS Accra September 28 or so and got it back October 25. So about 4 weeks. It was delayed by a week due to #Endsars.

ghyrita:
Congratulations on your COPR.When did you submitted your passport for stamping and how long did it take before it was returned.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sholaystar4me(m): 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
Sure!

Amakyzuu:
hi, i just sent u a pm. i'm applying this year to uoft for pharmd. can we connect pls?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by UBCcookies: 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2020
Please I'm a bit confused with this covid readiness plan. Is it one's DLI that will give you even if you plan to quarantine in your apartment not in school's accommodation?

And what is the minimum pof ( maybe cash) one can pass the border with?

As I am going to BC must I land in an airport in BC? What if I decide to go through Toronto then to Kelowna because it's likely cheaper that flying to Vancouver? Please help me figure it out abeg this is my first time

Where can we get the lists of prohibited foods to carry?
Una thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SophyO: 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Hope you doing great.

I have a very clean, neat and amazing one room available for rent January 1st in Markham, Ontario for $750. Its all inclusive. It has its own private laundry.Looking for a single lady or guy. Its a two bedroom and one room is currently available. Its close to the bustop, grocery store and banks. Nice owner and top notch neighborhood. Please if interested kindly send a private message. No kids or pets unfortunately. It's for singles only.

Please tell anyone who may be interested as well. Start the new year in a lovely accommodation. Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ashirioluwa: 4:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
NaijaCanadian28:

Hello everyone. Pls does anyone know anything about Slavelake in Alberta. How the place is, job prospects, weather etc. I didn’t think getting admission for practical nursing will be this complicated despite already having a science related degree. All the the colleges I have applied to did not give a positive response. I reside in Ontario with my family.

But why practical nursing since you claimed you already have science related degree? Why don't you look for a 2 year RN program. Or you look for BScN Accelerated or after degree program. This program takes between 15 months to 24 months if you already have the prerequisite for the nursing program.

I guess they all look pass your application because of your degree. You will be in a better advantage if you use high school diploma because LPN is like first year program in polytechnics OND program. You should try RN or BScN accelerated or after degree program.

The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) After Degree Program is for students who come to nursing with a recognized university degree in any field of study, and is offered in Edmonton. The Faculty of Nursing recognizes that students who already hold a degree have developed critical thinking and analytical skills

https://apps.admissions.ualberta.ca/programs/nu/nu530

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Julijuli73(f): 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2020
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
Julijuli73:
Can someone get a Canada menial job from Nigeria? Has anyone gone through such? I have a legit agent who is not collecting a dime until my friends visa, document and process is confirmed from the embassy and the company hiring her. But i wish someone here can attest that he or she got to Canada with work visa and didn’t go to immigration point of entry stress when he or she landed Canada. And I would like to know what the immigration officers at the point of entry process is like
scam, there are alot of students, assylum and pr who are available to do the so called menial job. Unless you have a rare and unique skill or qualification its almost impossible to get a job from outside ( employer also has to prove no one in canada is available to do the job via LMIA) . These stupid agents need to be rounded up and jailed.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2020
[quote author=Ashirioluwa post=96562814]

But why practical nursing since you claimed you already have science related degree? Why don't you look for a 2 year RN program. Or you look for BScN Accelerated or after degree program. This program takes between 15 months to 24 months if you already have the prerequisite for the nursing program.

I guess they all look pass your application because of your degree. You will be in a better advantage if you use high school diploma because LPN is like first year program in polytechnics OND program. You should try RN or BScN accelerated or after degree program.

The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) After Degree Program is for students who come to nursing with a recognized university degree in any field of study, and is offered in Edmonton. The Faculty of Nursing recognizes that students who already hold a degree have developed critical thinking and analytical skills

https://apps.admissions.ualberta.ca/programs/nu/nu530[
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2020
[quote author=NaijaCanadian28 post=
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 7:56pm On Nov 29, 2020
[quote author=NaijaCanadian28 post=96568068][/quote]

Thank you so much for this. I already looked into this but the requirement for this particular school is that I must have graduated from the first degree less than five years ago and I graduated 2012. I also didn’t do two of the required courses (Psychology and Statistics). But now that you mentioned it, I will look into other Universities (since I only checked Uni of Alberta). Thank you once again .
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 8:12pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kekereekun123:
i used to think guys in canada use to over exaggerate the dating situation in canada. Most Nigerian ladies here wont even give you eye or answer you if you are still a struggling migrant, took me time to get a job in my field unto covid. Suddenly they are now coming close.so what happens if i am laid off tomorrow for example. They will japa again abi. I no longer pity those ladies complaining of no husband in canada o. Na ojukokoro dey worry most, looking for a guy earning megabuck, living in a downtown condo with 2019 car cheesy

damzy88:
This is true to some extent cheesy

Until many of them are ready to lower their standards, they may stay single for long.

Naija guys wey no send dem grin
Why would I leave Nigeria to Canada and continue stressing myself with Nigerian women?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2020
NaijaCanadian28:

Thank you so much for this. I already looked into this but the requirement for this particular school is that I must have graduated from the first degree less than five years ago and I graduated 2012. I also didn’t do two of the required courses (Psychology and Statistics). But now that you mentioned it, I will look into other Universities (since I only checked Uni of Alberta). Thank you once again .

Did you try the compressed program at Lakehead University?
I talked about this in one of my previous posts. Do look through. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
legionISproteus:

Why would I leave Nigeria to Canada and continue stressing myself with Nigerian women?

most guys with pr here all seem to be looking for 9ja babes. Oyinbo too get skion skion

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BCkeys: 9:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
Please did you book directly with Ethiopian airline or an agent. Thank you.
evergold:

Yeah. I booked Ethiopian Airlines
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford1: 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2020
NaijaCanadian28:

Please check ULeth and U of C. University of Regina/Saskpolytech also offers similar programs.

I do not know why you decided to switch from Pharm, but I trust your judgement. My wife, (a Pharmacist) too has often mentioned about going to Uni to get a medical degree. I am sure she would have embarked on it, if not that our kids are still young and needs supports with their school stuffs.

About the career change, it's normal. Some years ago, a lady I used to work with on a survival/security job at AHS hospitals in Calgary graduated from an Electrical Engineering program from one of the Federal unis in Nigeria. I remember we always discussed about careers and stuffs, and she was thinking of going to SAIT for a diploma program. Last I heard, she went to U of C for the BscN four years program, and is now an RN in Alberta.

For LPN, and it also easier to get into the diploma program at Bow Valley College in Calgary with just your WAEC Certificate; however, there could be up to 2 years waitlist. A few I know that went through that program are also taking the part-time RN program at Athabasca while they continue to work as LPNs.

I do not know much about Slave laKe Alberta, other than its not far from Edmonton. Likely an oilfield region as well, and I trust there would be a good number of our people up there.

Goodluck in your endeavors.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 10:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
SlowlybtSurely:

Did you try the compressed program at Lakehead University?
I talked about this in one of my previous posts. Do look through. smiley

Will check , thank you �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
salford1:

Please check ULeth and U of C. University of Regina/Saskpolytech also offers similar programs.

I do not know why you decided to switch from Pharm, but I trust your judgement. My wife, (a Pharmacist) too has often mentioned about going to Uni to get a medical degree. I am sure she would have embarked on it, if not that our kids are still young and needs supports with their school stuffs.

About the career change, it's normal. Some years ago, a lady I used to work with on a survival/security job at AHS hospitals in Calgary graduated from an Electrical Engineering program from one of the Federal unis in Nigeria. I remember we always discussed about careers and stuffs, and she was thinking of going to SAIT for a diploma program. Last I heard, she went to U of C for the BscN four years program, and is now an RN in Alberta.

For LPN, and it also easier to get into the diploma program at Bow Valley College in Calgary with just your WAEC Certificate; however, there could be up to 2 years waitlist. A few I know that went through that program are also taking the part-time RN program at Athabasca while they continue to work as LPNs.

I do not know much about Slave laKe Alberta, other than its not far from Edmonton. Likely an oilfield region as well, and I trust there would be a good number of our people up there.

Goodluck in your endeavors.

Thank you for your kind words. I’ll check these schools you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by uyaiabasi123: 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dicedapples: 12:35am On Nov 30, 2020
NaijaCanadian28:

You could also look into the University of Lethbridge for the after degree, for your prerequisite they offer a program called nursing preparation program. I am also doing something similar.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 1:52am On Nov 30, 2020
dicedapples:

You could also look into the University of Lethbridge for the after degree, for your prerequisite they offer a program called nursing preparation program. I am also doing something similar.

Thank you.. I’ll look into it too
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:33am On Nov 30, 2020
Kekereekun123:
ok. I have heard. Come first and see how majority are lamenting. As for me i no send them now because when i was hustling they no send me. All i'm saying is they should be open minded, 9ja guys dont mind coming home to pick babe. 9ja ladies wont do it as the guys is likely a user or scam. Once again Nigerian ladies should lower their expectations. The loneliness and frustration is biting them hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehY3YaJdVE watch this, both work in same company but have different backgrounds, guy has 26k in student loans from a normal family, girl has zero student loans and from a rich home. Is the lady not better than him Siddon there o
You are correct my guy. Nigeria has created a mentality in Nigerian girls such that they only aspire to date well-to-do guys even if it means giving up on any other thing in a relationship including love. You hit the nail on the head.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jus4c: 4:42am On Nov 30, 2020
Hello everyone,
I would like to connect with someone in Windsor who can help or give advice with respect to apartment rental. I will be coming to the University of Windsor next year with my family ( Wife and Kids), and I would need a 2-bedroom apartment with a cost of no more than $1000 USD per month. It would have been much better to land and search for one myself, but due to the family size, it might not work that way. Hence, the need to connect with someone already on ground who may have very important information concerning some of the available apartments nearby. Anyone living in Windsor who can be of help in this regard would be appreciated.Thanks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BCkeys: 8:11am On Nov 30, 2020
Please people that booked Ethiopian airline did you book directly from the airline or used an agent. Please help
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Doughyeenbae(f): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2020
Hello bezimo, Good day. I have just applied to study Advanced business management at PACE, Uni Winnipeg. I will like to ask you a few questions if you dont mind. Thank you.
bezimo:

Oh really. There are quite a number of Nigerians in Winnipeg. I am one of them. You should be fine. I dont think there is any special whatsap group..what info do you need. I may be able to direct you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by reliableGod(f): 10:06am On Nov 30, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
BCkeys:
Please people that booked Ethiopian airline did you book directly from the airline or used an agent. Please help
if your want to book your ticket contact this number 08035666213 he works with Ethiopian airline silver bird Abuja he can help out.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Gokoyer1401: 11:47am On Nov 30, 2020
Hello House,

Help a sister of mine who is studying Nursing in Europe to do internship in Canada

Is there anyone here that can give some informations, tips or even ideas on how to get internship as a student Nurse from one of the European countries in Canada?
Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Colourisblack: 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
Dear Family

Please can someone assist me with my query.

I am a British born citizen and permanently reside in the UK, I will be getting married in January 2021 to my fiance who lives in Nigeria (he was born in Nigeria).

Our intentions are to apply for PR and move to Canada permanently. I have family that live there also.

My main concern or worry is the fact that we live in two different countries which will be apparent on application and wouldn't want this to hinder the outcome, just incase the marriage is considered to be sham?

Is there anything I should do differently or mention in the application?

Please advise, many thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by fratermathy(m): 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AyabaS: 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
evergold:

Is there a POST-PPR Toronto/Ontario group? I got my PPR and submitted my passport already.

I have also booked my flight while waiting for the visa, hoping to coming December 29th.

I would be grateful to join a Toronto/Ontario group that's for those with Work permit preferably.

Co-ask

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by steroid: 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2020
BCkeys:

Download their app from google playstore. You will get fair prices there. I booked on their app and paid at their office in Victoria Island.

6 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: lyndaoyewole(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.