Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2182058 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ladywinterfell: 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2021
Getsaved:
Good day friends, I need advice

I am planing to migrate to Canada. Since I needed a guide, I met someone ( an agent) who was recommended to me by a good friend of mine. My firiend is processing his visit to the UK with this agent too.

When I met him for the easiest and quickest way for me, he advise me to go through work - since I am a graduate and a sound tradesman in industrial electrical work.

He said the work package is geniune, that it was the Canadian government who made it available for people with good skills to move to Canada.

I do not know how true this is. And I would like to verify his words here so that I do not end up being deceived or cajoled into spending so much and at the end there was nothing like that.

Please how true is this Canadian work package ?

It will end in tasteless tears

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Getsaved(m): 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2021
ednut1:
scam

How do you mean?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Getsaved(m): 3:32pm On Jan 18, 2021
Ladywinterfell:

It will end in tasteless tears

Could you explain ?

Please I will like to speak with you

Here is my email : imakulato@gmail.com

I need your counsel please.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Getsaved(m): 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
ednut1:
scam

Mr. Ednut1 could we chat privately ?

Email : imakulato@gmail.com
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:52pm On Jan 18, 2021
Getsaved:

Mr. Ednut1 could we chat privately ?

Email : imakulato@gmail.com
there is to nothing to discuss. It is a scam end of story. If you want to migrate to Canada visit the express entry thread, study thread or find canada pr or citizen marry. Ask the agent to show you his family member that have gone to Canada through his so called work package

20 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by capsule(m): 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
Getsaved:

How do you mean?
The is actually a pathway called 'skilled Trade ' , I don't know how it works, but people have gone in via this route.

And it's something you can do yourself, please keep off agents because in addition to you being scammed, you could be misrepresented, it comes with a consequence.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/skilled-trades.html

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2021
Getsaved:
Good day friends, I need advice

I am planing to migrate to Canada. Since I needed a guide, I met someone ( an agent) who was recommended to me by a good friend of mine. My firiend is processing his visit to the UK with this agent too.

When I met him for the easiest and quickest way for me, he advise me to go through work - since I am a graduate and a sound tradesman in industrial electrical work.

He said the work package is geniune, that it was the Canadian government who made it available for people with good skills to move to Canada.

I do not know how true this is. And I would like to verify his words here so that I do not end up being deceived or cajoled into spending so much and at the end there was nothing like that.

Please how true is this Canadian work package ?

You're about to get scammed. There's no such work package authorized by the Canadian government. Simple research on Canadian government website will reveal this to you. If it's the Skilled Trades program you want to consider, a key requirement for that is that you have to obtain a trades license or certificate here in Canada which is why most people don't bother with this route cos entering Canada to get the certificate to begin with is a tall order.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/skilled-trades.html

I suggest you go and study the Skilled Worker route of the Express Entry program or pursue a school admission and come as a student. Check the Express Entry or Canadian student threads on Nairaland and save yourself future heartache with that scam agent you're talking to.

Wishing you the best ahead.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by larrypha(f): 7:27am On Jan 19, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am just post AOR but I like to plan in details so I can rest well.

We are a family of 4. Me and my husband are both software engineers and we are looking to settle in BC.

Because of the kids, we would prefer to live in a family friendly environment while we work in Vancouver (or anywhere we find a good job).

Please what are the family friendly cities we should be looking at that are close to Vancouver?

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Thegirl2019: 7:32am On Jan 19, 2021
Good day everyone,I am currently awaiting PPR hopefully today grin (faith) but I need guidance...
I was added by my spouse(PA) post AOR so I didn't evaluate my degrees thus I would like to work once I arrive and am settled.
Is there a need to evaluate while waiting and what other courses can I study to help boost my chances of getting a great job grin
Studied economics and statistics with a masters degree in economics...

Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Thoscine: 10:21am On Jan 19, 2021
Good morning everyone, please how many times will one get Ghost updates without changes in the profile before PPR?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jerryval42: 12:24pm On Jan 19, 2021
Good evening fam, please is it advisable for a newcomer to buy phone from kijiji?

Can someone please attend to this?

Thanks fam!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by QueenJoeffrey: 12:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
kachikapor:

Hello please can you check your email. Would like to ask further questions. Thank you

Hi QueenJoeffrey. Yes, you can except something's changed, that's exactly what we did. We landed in Toronto took a train(ViaRail) from the Union Station. Flights were grounded that day due to the weather and after hanging around the airport for a couple of hours we decided it was better to go by rail. It also happened to be a much cheaper option.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by QueenJoeffrey: 12:56pm On Jan 19, 2021
toboy:

Do you mean Quebec City or Quebec province?

Province please
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Thoscine: 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
Good morning everyone, please how many times will one get Ghost updates without changes in the profile before PPR?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Stevewonder(m): 9:56pm On Jan 19, 2021
Were you called for interview in Accra after being added by your spouse post AOR?

Thegirl2019:
Good day everyone,I am currently awaiting PPR hopefully today grin (faith) but I need guidance...
I was added by my spouse(PA) post AOR so I didn't evaluate my degrees thus I would like to work once I arrive and am settled.
Is there a need to evaluate while waiting and what other courses can I study to help boost my chances of getting a great job grin

Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wizean(m): 12:22am On Jan 20, 2021
Just take a chill. I can imagine how anxious those ghost updates make you feel. What you are expecting will surely come. grin grin grin

Thoscine:
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wizean(m): 12:26am On Jan 20, 2021
It isn't a bad idea. Just shine your eyes, make sure the phone works well and unlocked so that it can work with any other carrier.

jerryval42:
Good evening fam, please is it advisable for a newcomer to buy phone from kijiji?

Thanks fam!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 3:13am On Jan 20, 2021
jerryval42:

Thanks fam!

Personally I won't buy phone from kijiji but I can't advise you not to buy phone from there. Use common sense, follow your instincts and you will likely find a great deal there.

Reason I won'tt buy from there is there are so many other options to get a phone for cheap. I'd rather buy refurbished, open box, generic brand / budget phones or take a contract to get phone from a network.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 3:17am On Jan 20, 2021
Thegirl2019:

Thank you

In my experience only government jobs require degree evaluation.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Thegirl2019: 8:02am On Jan 20, 2021
No, I wasn't
Stevewonder:
Were you called for interview in Accra after being added by your spouse post AOR?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Thegirl2019: 8:08am On Jan 20, 2021
Thank you for the response
From the response , evaluating keeps the job search open to various sectors
19CannyMum:

In my experience only government jobs require degree evaluation.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Thoscine: 8:50am On Jan 20, 2021
wizean:
Just take a chill. I can imagine how anxious those ghost updates make you feel. What you are expecting will surely come. grin grin grin

Oops, you got me...lol... thanks for your response grin grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Stevewonder(m): 10:10am On Jan 20, 2021
Thegirl2019:
No, I wasn't

I just pm you. Please reply. I need to clarify something. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lekiboboe: 11:24am On Jan 20, 2021
Good morning great minds,

Is it possible for an Applicant to leave a Province where he got a PR from via their PNP?

E.g
a guy schooled in Alberta, did his one year PGWP in Saskatchewan, got PR via SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program) but he eventually had a lucrative job offer in another Province (Manitoba) and want to relocate, is this possible?

If yes, is there a period (months/years) the applicant needs to stay in that province before relocating to another province

If No, what's the way forward?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by steroid: 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lekiboboe:
Good morning great minds,

Is it possible for an Applicant to leave a Province where he got a PR from via their PNP?

E.g
a guy schooled in Alberta, did his one year PGWP in Saskatchewan, got PR via SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program) but he eventually had a lucrative job offer in another Province (Manitoba) and want to relocate, is this possible?

If yes, is there a period (months/years) the applicant needs to stay in that province before relocating to another province

If No, what's the way forward?

Thanks

You can move but you need to write to the Premier that you were unable to get a job in this province with proof. You are supposed to stay for 3 years in the province of PNP before you move.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lekiboboe: 5:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
steroid:

You can move but you need to write to the Premier that you were unable to get a job in this province with proof. You are supposed to stay for 3 years in the province of PR before you move.
Thanks for much for the detailed response.
Fully noted

I want to ask for first hand information purpose

I was checking out the Step By Step guide for SINP (SINP Point Assessment)

Under the international Skilled Worker

In the EMPLOYMENT OFFER (Job offer Section)

One of the requirement is EDUCATION & TRAINING,

and I saw
- Masters or PHD (Canadian Equivalency) - 23 points
- Bachelor's Degree - 20 points
- Canadian Equivalency certificate or at least two semesters (but less than a two-year program) at a University , College -15 points
- Trade Certification - 20 points
- Canadian Diploma - 15 points

Now my question is ,

For an Applicant who
- has a Bachelor's Degree in Nigeria
- and a One year PG. Cert from a college in Canada

Can such applicant claim points with both degrees or must choose One of them?

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 1:17am On Jan 21, 2021
Thoscine:

There’s no fixed amount, some people don’t even get GUs

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Oganammuo: 6:24am On Jan 21, 2021
Good day seniors in the house. Pls those that are knowledgeable in this should pls help me with an answer or a suggestion.
I have HND in accounting.
I am coming to Canada this May to study Strategic Mgt Accounting at Centennial college.
My target is to later register and write CPA after obtaining my PR by God's grace.
But from my research, I found out that without Bsc, you can't start CPA.

Now my question is:

1. With PGD from a Canadian college, can I obtain a one year fast track Bsc program in accounting?

2. If yes, I will be glad. But if no, pls can one give me a suggestion on how to maneuver this.

I will really appreciate every suggestion, idea or pointer. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iwant2travel: 9:32am On Jan 21, 2021
larrypha:
Hi everyone,

I am just post AOR but I like to plan in details so I can rest well.

We are a family of 4. Me and my husband are both software engineers and we are looking to settle in BC.

Because of the kids, we would prefer to live in a family friendly environment while we work in Vancouver (or anywhere we find a good job).

Please what are the family friendly cities we should be looking at that are close to Vancouver?

I don’t live in Canada but British Columbia is my dream province, however, based on research you can look into Richmond, Delta, New westminster, North Vancouver, Coquitlam Or Burnaby, Surrey
They are close to Vancouver and less than 1 hour. Every city has it family oriented neighborhood.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by radeke2017: 10:13am On Jan 21, 2021
Please has anyone received ready to travel email from IRCC recently close to COPR expiry or are they still letting the number of those with expired visa’s pile

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Goshen22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.