Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,463 members, 7,781,340 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:41 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2158447 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ruthiegal:
Lawyers in the house who immigrated to Canada , please assist with the following
1. What is it easy requalifying as a lawyer
2. What are the job prospects after requalifying as a lawyer
3. Would you advise to do a specialized llm while requalifying to land you a better job
4. Would you rather have done a post graduate course in a another field .

Please this answers would really help in making a decision. Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5OLahrLBSc this lady has videos on all you asked

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by radeke2017: 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2021
Please does anyone know anybody that has travelled Ethiopian or been denied boarding with post March 18 COPR this month. They posted on the 28 of last month that they should deny boarding to those without exemptions
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shege45: 9:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
awys:
Hello Everyone I will be going to University of Winnipeg and actually looking for a room accommodation for rent prefarebly close to my school anyone with shared accommodation to please contact me so we discuss further prefarebly utilities included. Thank you.
P.S: For female
Hi
I stay in winnipeg

U of W is in downtown. But living in downtown is actually risky

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dyolahh: 10:44pm On Mar 07, 2021
Pls, Can a parent who has visiting visa come into Canada to see her son who is a PR holder with the restrictions on ground?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mbhs139(m): 11:14pm On Mar 07, 2021
Dyolahh:
Pls, Can a parent who has visiting visa come into Canada to see her son who is a PR holder with the restrictions on ground?

The answer to this question is not far fetched. It is however best answered by the son, who is a PR. Since he's a PR and resides here, he should have information, the best information as pertained to his situation.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iyamefa: 4:18am On Mar 08, 2021
Dyolahh:
Short answer is Yes. it entails requirements that are present on ircc website.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sirabbey(m): 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2021
Dyolahh:

Yes. But the son will have to fill a form and get it notarized by a Lawyer or Public Notary in Canada. This form will then be sent by the parent to IRCC to obtain an Authorization Letter(AL) to travel otherwise, airlines will not board the parent without the AL

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by caseynewnn: 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2021
sirabbey:

Yes. But the son will have to fill a form and get it notarized by a Lawyer or Public Notary in Canada. This form will then be sent by the parent to IRCC to obtain an Authorization Letter(AL) to travel otherwise, airlines will not board the parent without the AL
I thought parents do not need the AL to board as long as they can provide a copy their child's PR card and evidence of relationship.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BlestHanneSSG: 8:05pm On Mar 08, 2021
Good day seniors and good people of this thread. Please, if I may ask, does anyone know if the government of Alberta province also supplement (a form of subsidy) the rent of PRs with a family set-up? I have two close family friends in MN who have confirmed they enjoy such and my hubby's friend (a family man too) who is in Ajax, ON has also confirmed that ON govt subsidise his rent as well. We are looking at Edmonton/Calgary actually, and this clarification I seek will help in making up our minds.

Thank you a great deal in anticipation..
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Influential101: 11:08pm On Mar 08, 2021
@BlestHanneSSG , yes there are govt subsidised apartments in Calgary..

But I don't know the criteria to getting one.. Hopefully someone else weighs in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford1: 5:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
BlestHanneSSG:
Good day seniors and good people of this thread. Please, if I may ask, does anyone know if the government of Alberta province also supplement (a form of subsidy) the rent of PRs with a family set-up? I have two close family friends in MN who have confirmed they enjoy such and my hubby's friend (a family man too) who is in Ajax, ON has also confirmed that ON govt subsidise his rent as well. We are looking at Edmonton/Calgary actually, and this clarification I seek will help in making up our minds.

Thank you a great deal in anticipation..
I do not know about Edmonton, but there are two types of rent subsidies in Calgary that I know off. I don't know if that has changed as my info is from like 6 years ago.

Both are with Calgary housing. One has a very long waitlist. Like 3 to 5 years or so, but the subsidy on this is greater. Like a 2 bed house apartment for $500 a month, and there is the other one which has a shorter waitlist of maybe a few months to a year. Sometimes there are zero waitlist on this one, but the subsidy is lower. You could get a 2 bed house for like $1000. They call it near market or something like that.

Both have an income criteria to qualify, and you would be required to submit your family's notice of tax assessment for the mandatory yearly lease renewal.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iyamefa: 2:15am On Mar 11, 2021
To all Black professionals, recent grads and students looking to make a career change living in Atlantic Canada, this event is for you!
Join the event on March 23, 2021 to network with RBC recruiters, hiring managers, and business leaders from across Atlantic.

If you are interested REGISTER TODAY via this link - https:///dbTZzT7

Please note this event for Black Professionals is organized in support of our Actions Against Systemic Racism.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BlestHanneSSG: 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2021
Influential101:
@BlestHanneSSG , yes there are govt subsidised apartments in Calgary..

But I don't know the criteria to getting one.. Hopefully someone else weighs in.

Thanks a lot sir for the input. Stay blessed.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BlestHanneSSG: 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2021
salford1:

I do not know about Edmonton, but there are two types of rent subsidies in Calgary that I know off. I don't know if that has changed as my info is from like 6 years ago.

Both are with Calgary housing. One has a very long waitlist. Like 3 to 5 years or so, but the subsidy on this is greater. Like a 2 bed house apartment for $500 a month, and there is the other one which has a shorter waitlist of maybe a few months to a year. Sometimes there are zero waitlist on this one, but the subsidy is lower. You could get a 2 bed house for like $1000. They call it near market or something like that.

Both have an income criteria to qualify, and you would be required to submit your family's notice of tax assessment for the mandatory yearly lease renewal.

I'm highly grateful for your time and contribution. You'll call one, a thousand will answer..

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2021
Passport was received today with CoPR and Visa stamped..

Next hurdle is for IRCC to lift or relax the ban on travel restriction cos I don book flight for May already.

seunpinky:
Hi guys,

Please I got a mail from IRCC, checked my profile and saw counterfoil number with August 2021 as expiry date and my profile had updated to approved Feb 23rd. Accra VO

Does this mean that my passport has been stamped? I am confused because I have been reading stories of passport being returned without stamp

16 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 3:54am On Mar 12, 2021
Dyolahh:

You are eligible to get an authorization letter but you need the authorization letter to travel

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 12, 2021
seunpinky:
Passport was received today with CoPR and Visa stamped..

Next hurdle is for IRCC to lift or relax the ban on travel restriction cos I don book flight for May already.

Congrats....did you send your passports to London VFS or Accra VFS pls?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2021
Mmamaroon:

Congrats....did you send your passports to London VFS or Accra VFS pls?
Accra VFS

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ultrazone(m): 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2021
seunpinky:

Accra VFS
Thank you. How long did it take to get your passport back? Did you send to Accra directly or through Lagos?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 10:27pm On Mar 13, 2021
ultrazone:

Thank you. How long did it take to get your passport back? Did you send to Accra directly or through Lagos?
Through Lagos
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ultrazone(m): 11:02pm On Mar 13, 2021
seunpinky:

Through Lagos
Many thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dejavu44: 7:03am On Mar 14, 2021
Hi Guys,
Trust we all doing well.

How do I get my driving records? I just wrote my class 7 knowledge test and was told at the registry in Calgary I will need to provide my driving record before my license can be processed further because the driver licence I have is expired. Can I get the driving records from Nigerian mission in Canada?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jjohndoe83: 2:29pm On Mar 14, 2021
Dejavu44:
Hi Guys,
Trust we all doing well.

How do I get my driving records? I just wrote my class 7 knowledge test and was told at the registry in Calgary I will need to provide my driving record before my license can be processed further because the driver licence I have is expired. Can I get the driving records from Nigerian mission in Canada?

I assume you're trying to get an exemption so you can attempt the road test without waiting a year. If so, reach out to cb.okoye@frsc.gov.ng, they should be able to provide your driving record electronically for a fee.

25 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AirBay: 2:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
jjohndoe83:

I assume you're trying to get an exemption so you can attempt the road test without waiting a year. If so, reach out to cb.okoye@frsc.gov.ng, they should be able to provide your driving record electronically for a fee.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
seunpinky:

Accra VFS

seunpinky:

Through Lagos

Thanks for responding

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dejavu44: 5:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
jjohndoe83:

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Feygbe: 8:09am On Mar 15, 2021
Hello everyone, it has been a long while. Good to see the forum still thriving!

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sugarbunny94: 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2021
Let me rephrase my request.

Good afternoon all, please If you know anybody that can collect naira equivalent and help send CAD to someone in Canada please link me with the person.

Help a sister out biko ejoor. I don't mind the rates.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Virnee(f): 10:03pm On Mar 15, 2021
Hello all, please is there hope of IRCC/Canada easing the travel restriction soon? CoPR will expire in May and we have been waiting to land... ny hope?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:35am On Mar 16, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone that applied to Mcmaster University for the accelerated nursing program in September, 2021?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sugarbunny94: 6:08am On Mar 16, 2021

Good afternoon all, please If you know anybody that can collect naira equivalent and help send CAD to someone in Canada please link me with the person.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tracy2020: 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2021
Sugarbunny94:

It depends on how much you need, you can PM me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (708) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: ednut1(m), Iamsheye(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.