Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,034 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2177535 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Fabguen: 12:02am On Apr 13, 2021
orobs93:

Why did you leave ?

Work took me to another province.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Fabguen: 1:00am On Apr 13, 2021
Anyone in Montreal looking to do coloc/share?

I sabi cook. �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Haryoureendey4(m): 1:03am On Apr 13, 2021
Fabguen:
Anyone in Montreal looking to do coloc/share?

I sabi cook. �

Yeah
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oyibo4real: 8:07am On Apr 13, 2021
Wow!!! I'm finally here, I've been dreaming of this day and I thank God for the upgrade from STUDENT Visa application thread to this one. Yipeeeeeeee!!! 

I appreciate all those that have been keeping this thread alive, thank you, thank you and thank you again.

I got my PPR yesterday and I intend to travel anytime soon, get my study permit and other necessary docs to apply for my SOWP, and then return to Nigeria as my classes is online for this term. Please gurus, is this a wise decision?

Secondly, please someone should help add me to the Ontario group as that is my province. My school is in London but I can stay anywhere around GTA since my classes will be online.

Thank you all as i await your response
Thank you.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oyibo4real: 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
oyibo4real:
Wow!!! I'm finally here, I've been dreaming of this day and I thank God for the upgrade from STUDENT Visa application thread to this one. Yipeeeeeeee!!! 

I appreciate all those that have been keeping this thread alive, thank you, thank you and thank you again.

I got my PPR yesterday and I intend to travel anytime soon, get my study permit and other necessary docs to apply for my SOWP, and then return to Nigeria as my classes is online for this term. Please gurus, is this a wise decision?

Secondly, please someone should help add me to the Ontario group as that is my province. My school is in London but I can stay anywhere around GTA since my classes will be online.

Thank you.

Anybody please, am also looking for accommodation around GTA
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
oyibo4real:

Thank you.

First of all...Congratulations! Classes are online for now but I have read a few times on the news that schools will be returning to in-class learning by Fall, Trent University still sent me an email to that effect this morning. It’s better you get an apartment in London to be safe except you don’t mind moving again. I also think it’s not wise to go back to Nigeria (except what you are going for is really important) because lectures are online, these are unprecedented times , it’s better to stay put.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Haryoureendey4(m): 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2021
oyibo4real:

Thank you.
Pls could you tell us the steps you made to apply for your visa........

Congrats man
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
Haryoureendey4:

Congrats man
visit student visa thread

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by orobs93(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
oyibo4real:

Anybody please, am also looking for accommodation around GTA

Will you share I am up for sharing

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ellajingi: 11:55pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hi. I am looking for a room in Brampton Ontario. Willing to share kitchen and wash room Nd laundry room.

Please anyone ??�
thank you
Email me....
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kaykaykay1: 2:42am On Apr 14, 2021
Sorry for the late response. I paid with my dollar card. I suggest you should get one. It makes payment very easy and can be used anywhere in the world.
irijuola:

How did you make payment for your hotel quarantine and Airbnb from Nigeria. I'll be landing next week. Please explain
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2021
Ellajingi:
Hi. I am looking for a room in Brampton Ontario. Willing to share kitchen and wash room Nd laundry room.

Please anyone ??�
thank you
Email me....

Have you checked on Kijiji and FB Market place ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pleasant19: 3:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
19CannyMum:

I use the regular liquid milk. I have no problem with it and if you have children it's better to get them adapted to it at home. For yourself as an agbalagba that might not be able to adapt to the change, buy evaporated milk. That's basically our liquid peak milk. It goes for around $1 and sometimes on sale for as low as $0.80. I've never seen it go bad even when opened and left in the fridge for over a week.

I really like the regular milk because you can make tea, oatmeal etc without adding water. Or pour in cereal and fire down. It's very creamy compared to powdered milk. Though I heard one time that the hormones fed the cows can cause children drinking the milk to blow up.

Canada has stricter rules than the US when it comes to meat production. Canadian farmers are not allowed to use growth hormones on their animals. The USA doesn’t have such law so farmers can but corners.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ellajingi: 3:22pm On Apr 14, 2021
Yes.. the ones I called either whats families or vegetarian or Indians.

I am still looking tho

Have you checked on Kijiji and FB Market place ?[/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oyibo4real: 12:16am On Apr 15, 2021
NaijaCanadian28:

First of all...Congratulations! Classes are online for now but I have read a few times on the news that schools will be returning to in-class learning by Fall, Trent University still sent me an email to that effect this morning. It’s better you get an apartment in London to be safe except you don’t mind moving again. I also think it’s not wise to go back to Nigeria (except what you are going for is really important) because lectures are online, these are unprecedented times , it’s better to stay put.

Thanks for this response, you're absolutely right. Travelling back has been scrapped. Thanks again, let me start the hunt for permanent accommodation then, it's well oo.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oyibo4real: 12:23am On Apr 15, 2021
Haryoureendey4:

Congrats man

Thank you so much. Please I can't explain everything here as it's a tedious process, you'll be better informed when you check student visa thread.

Here is the link:
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/511
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oyibo4real: 12:25am On Apr 15, 2021
orobs93:

Will you share I am up for sharing

Awwn, unfortunately am a female and I wouldn't want to share with the opposite sex. Thanks for offering smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oyibo4real: 8:18am On Apr 15, 2021
Please someone kindly add me to the ontario group, please I beg. I dont even know where to start planning from

@crespo67
@everybody please oo
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2021
Hello Oyibo4real, personally, I think you should do what works best for you and your family. Thank you for this suggestion, I will include it in my plans.

The cost of living here is very high. If you can return to Naija or work from home and wait till classes resume, then it's a better option. This place is too lonely.

Vaccination is currently ongoing and some schools are planning in-person resumption.

oyibo4real:

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Badabada(m): 6:19am On Apr 16, 2021
Congratulations, I'm happy for you.
oyibo4real:

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oyibo4real: 8:41am On Apr 16, 2021
Mami1:
Hello Oyibo4real, personally, I think you should do what works best for you and your family. Thank you for this suggestion, I will include it in my plans.

The cost of living here is very high. If you can return to Naija or work from home and wait till classes resume, then it's a better option. This place is too lonely.

Vaccination is currently ongoing and some schools are planning in-person resumption.

Awwn, thank you so much for this insight, honestly am as confused as confusion itself. I'm praying for strength oo
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oyibo4real: 8:41am On Apr 16, 2021
Badabada:
Congratulations, I'm happy for you.

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by irijuola: 9:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
DM me if you're traveling to toronto on the 26th and need a quarantine partner. Female only.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Castorinho: 11:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hi all

My family landed 3 years ago and left almost immediately. We have our SINs, bank accounts and or cards.

We’re moving soon to meet the 2 yr requirement to retain the pr and I have some questions if anyone can help:

1) I have not filed any tax returns for Canada as I figured I wasn’t a resident. I saw a thread on another site that contradicted this. Am I in trouble for not filing the last 3 years? Should I submit one for this year before the end of the month?

2) for those in Calgary, what areas are safe and affordable with good schools for elementary-age children?

3) can I get a phone SIM card at the airport? Which providers are recommended (I shouldn’t need more than 4gb monthly)

Thanks for your time!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GloShare(m): 2:27am On Apr 17, 2021
Castorinho:
Hi all

1) I have not filed any tax returns for Canada as I figured I wasn’t a resident. I saw a thread on another site that contradicted this. Am I in trouble for not filing the last 3 years? Should I submit one for this year before the end of the month?

Thanks for your time!

Yes you're supposed to file taxes. You can file for previous years you missed, better late than never.

You are required to declare foreign income, so if you're in nigeria, you are expected to declare your nigerian income.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 7:51am On Apr 17, 2021
Castorinho:
Hi all

My family landed 3 years ago and left almost immediately. We have our SINs, bank accounts and or cards.

We’re moving soon to meet the 2 yr requirement to retain the pr and I have some questions if anyone can help:

2) for those in Calgary, what areas are safe and affordable with good schools for elementary-age children?

3) can I get a phone SIM card at the airport? Which providers are recommended (I shouldn’t need more than 4gb monthly)

Thanks for your time!
3. Cant get sim card at the airport due to COVID

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kayyyy(f): 10:09am On Apr 17, 2021
Hi all, I will be traveling to Canada on May 7th, by God’s grace and I want to start shopping. Please I need everyone’s help as to what is allowed and what isn’t allowed. Here are the things I’m planning to bring with me when coming;
Ogbono, egusi, crayfish, black pepper, seasoning cubes (knorr and Royco), granola (roasted oats), satchet milk, tea bags, satchet milo, spaghetti, macaroni, red garri.
Please please please, will they all be allowed into Canada??
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2021
Kayyyy:
Hi all, I will be traveling to Canada on May 7th, by God’s grace and I want to start shopping. Please I need everyone’s help as to what is allowed and what isn’t allowed. Here are the things I’m planning to bring with me when coming;
Ogbono, egusi, crayfish, black pepper, seasoning cubes (knorr and Royco), granola (roasted oats), satchet milk, tea bags, satchet milo, spaghetti, macaroni, red garri.
Please please please, will they all be allowed into Canada??

All are allowed except sachet milk. Dairy products are prohibited with the exception of those for babies.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chikawego: 10:38am On Apr 17, 2021
I live and work in the middle east, is it better to apply from there or I should apply from Nigeria?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chikawego: 10:39am On Apr 17, 2021
sorry, not this thread
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kayyyy(f): 11:40am On Apr 17, 2021
SlowlybtSurely:

All are allowed except sachet milk. Dairy products are prohibited with the exception of those for babies.
Thank you very much, I appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.