Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2182232 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by vvansalam: 9:38am On May 06, 2021
Please check your email. I want to seek your advise on relocating to Canada
[/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 06, 2021
Itzlinda:

Like how much is needed to for migration using student route.
I am just regretting not going for Msc after graduation.
Here's my brief profile..

Bsc quantity surveying 2018, second class lower.
Worked in bank for just 3 months before moving to personal business.

Now I have gotten a federal government job and the salary isn't impressive. Reason why I de consider migrating to Canada.

I am 28 years old btw.
What do you think is the best and easiest route for Canada migration for me?
Thanks

University of Manitoba should cost around 15,000 to 21,000 CAD (6 Millio plus). The issue is that rejection rates for study visa is high.

Canada route via PR also requires that you do French exam now because you need upto 470 in points to qualify for ITA. Except you are lucky you get Provincial Nominations.

Once you get to 30, your CRS point reduces.

If you have 15,000 pounds (10 Million naira) for UK Msc, then i suggest you head to the Uk jejely and get your residency.

Canada is complicated now, really complicated.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sleekcheek: 1:47pm On May 06, 2021
On it, thanks

ednut1:
get one here, you dont qualify for monthly repayment stuffs just like that.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Itzlinda(f): 1:52pm On May 06, 2021
truthsayer009:

University of Manitoba should cost around 15,000 to 21,000 CAD (6 Millio plus). The issue is that rejection rates for study visa is high.

Canada route via PR also requires that you do French exam now because you need upto 470 in points to qualify for ITA. Except you are lucky you get Provincial Nominations.

Once you get to 30, your CRS point reduces.

If you have 15,000 pounds (10 Million naira) for UK Msc, then i suggest you head to the Uk jejely and get your residency.

Canada is complicated now, really complicated.

Even if I liquidate everything, I won't be able to raise 10 million naira now.
I just clicked 28 this month, considering I have just 2 years now to reach 30, what's the best way you think I can increase my score to 470 within a year or so.
Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Itzlinda(f): 2:01pm On May 06, 2021
Lagbaja88:
this is how we know people catching cruise

Lol. I am not catching any cruise brother.
Many people here in the North use Niger passport to travel out. They say it gets fast visa approval and longer visa time compare with Nigeria. I'm just trying to make use of all the resources at my disposal.
Thanks for your reply anyway
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by phabulous88(m): 3:07pm On May 06, 2021
Itzlinda:

I just clicked 28 this month, considering I have just 2 years now to reach 30, what's the best way you think I can increase my score to 470 within a year or so.
Thanks

You're 28; that's good.

Get a PGD or MSc before you clock 29.
Max out your IELTS General (Target to score 9, 9, 7.5, 7.5 in LRWS respectively).

With PGD and BSc (2 or more certificates), your CRS score comes to 474
With an MSc, you score 481

Please post your questions here: https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/548

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oty1993: 9:29am On May 07, 2021
I would advise you do an additional certificate like ACCA, CIIN, BCS. You will finish it before the year ends and if you get your certificate plus max out IELTS, your score will be 474 which is a good score.
Itzlinda:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by portablesuzy: 10:17am On May 07, 2021
Please Quebec immigrants kindly look into this can u shed more lights A friend of mine is using an immigration lawyer can dis be real

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:28am On May 07, 2021
portablesuzy:
Please Quebec immigrants kindly look into this can u shed more lights A friend of mine is using an immigration lawyer can dis be real
clearly fake. This is just a edited rejection mail to make it a success mail.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Itzlinda(f): 11:45am On May 07, 2021
oty1993:
I would advise you do an additional certificate like ACCA, CIIN, BCS. You will finish it before the year ends and if you get your certificate plus max out IELTS, your score will be 474 which is a good score.

Thanks for your response. How easy it is to max out ielts? Is not like I am not ready to put in work, but I am not really that solid with English language.
How about getting two of these certificates or any other additional criteria that might boost my score?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Itzlinda(f): 12:31pm On May 07, 2021
phabulous88:

You're 28; that's good.

Get a PGD or MSc before you clock 29.
Max out your IELTS General (Target to score 9, 9, 7.5, 7.5 in LRWS respectively).

With PGD and BSc (2 or more certificates), your CRS score comes to 474
With an MSc, you score 481

Please post your questions here: https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/548

Thanks but maxing out ielts. Urgghh. May God help me. I know guys better than I am that got lower score
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 07, 2021
Itzlinda:

Thanks but maxing out ielts. Urgghh. May God help me. I know guys better than I am that got lower score
ielts doesn't work that way. I had a strong 2.1 and wrote ielts multiple times. My sister we no sabi book did it once

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 07, 2021
Itzlinda:

Thanks for your response. How easy it is to max out ielts? Is not like I am not ready to put in work, but I am not really that solid with English language.
How about getting two of these certificates or any other additional criteria that might boost my score?
go to the express entry thread to read up and understand the process. Immigration to canada is not for people making excuses or looking for short cuts.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by phabulous88(m): 3:01pm On May 07, 2021
Itzlinda:

Stop defeating yourself.
Prepare well and you'll pass.
Some write it once and max out; others write it several times (up to 7 times!) before they max IELTS.
All the best.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Itzlinda(f): 4:23pm On May 07, 2021
phabulous88:

Stop defeating yourself.
Prepare well and you'll pass.
Some write it once and max out; others write it several times (up to 7 times!) before they max IELTS.
All the best.

Thanks for the encouragement, I will give in my best
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 07, 2021
Fake
portablesuzy:
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MayorOfEdmonton: 6:47pm On May 07, 2021
Is doing me I shu tag ur sister.... sadly u be lagbaja cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lagbaja88:
ielts doesn't work that way. I had a strong 2.1 and wrote ielts multiple times. My sister we no sabi book did it once
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by nsshawty: 7:20pm On May 07, 2021
IELTS is pretty easy to max out.There are lots of materials online that'll help you. I personally think you should learn French and write the French exam because in a year or 2, 470 will most likely not be the score you should be aiming for. Also this is assuming that you have at least 3 years work experience.

Itzlinda:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olasubomy: 5:06am On May 08, 2021
OPPORTUNITY FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENTS/ STUDENTS TO APPLY DIRECTLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS NOW OPEN

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/how-to-apply.html

All the best to those eligible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Adexxplace: 9:37pm On May 08, 2021
Hi kyrie, I would like to get more information about this program. Can I please send u an email?
Kyrie2018:
Just to clarify about Lakehead university.

*Most universities who offer the accelerated BSN will require you pass the prerequisites as part of their application criteria. For these schools the program would normally run for 2 years.

*Lakehead university offers the prerequisites as part of your first year course, including some other core nursing courses. So, you do not need to write the prerequisites before applying. And the accelerated BSN program is 3years (or 2yrs 8months if you count it that way). I think this is fair because if you include the time you need to study for and write the prerequisites before applying to those schools that run the program for 2 years then it adds up.

*To get exemption for the prerequisites, you need to submit your course description from your previous studies. I submitted this and got exemption for statistics. I know someone who got exemption for psychology too. So, in first year I took psychology, anatomy and physiology plus other nursing courses.

* Also, in Lakehead university clinical placement starts from year one whether you're doing the 4yrs degree or accelerated degree. I don't know what is obtainable in other schools.

*The accelerated degree program in Lakehead university is quite intensive. Be ready to STUDY. A lot of students are able to work while going to school, you just have to know your own capabilities and decide how many hours you can sacrifice for work. Also, after your first year you are qualified to work as a PSW ($20.68/hr where I worked).
* About the 10 years timeline, I'm not sure what the conditions are in Lakehead university. But I finished my first degree over 10 years ago and was able to get admission.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pee2Jay9: 12:33pm On May 09, 2021
Hello people, pls who's traveling tomorrow, Monday via BA? Let's hook up as travel buddies

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Admin9: 12:35pm On May 09, 2021
Good afteenoon.

I just got my approval to study oil and gas engineering in Memorial university of newfoundland. I intend changing my course to Safety and Risk Engineering.

Please, what are the job prospects between the two courses Newfoundland?

Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dumiel: 7:00pm On May 09, 2021
@justwise @seun; na wa o. How una go take open una eyes dey watch this thread turn into something else? For d past few pages, na so so talk talk about weytin nor even concern this thread. Funny enuff, folks who should even know better are aiding and abetting this thrash acts!!!

Wetin nor good nor get any other name, e nor just good ni. If this thread don outlive it's purpose then u guys should rather lock it and have it archived. Naija and nonsense!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 09, 2021
Admin9:
Good afteenoon.

I just got my approval to study oil and gas engineering in Memorial university of newfoundland. I intend changing my course to Safety and Risk Engineering.

Please, what are the job prospects between the two courses Newfoundland?

Thanks.
no offence, but are you allergic to researching online

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 09, 2021
dumiel:
@justwise @seun; na wa o. How una go take open una eyes dey watch this thread turn into something else? For d past few pages, na so so talk talk about weytin nor even concern this thread. Funny enuff, folks who should even know better are aiding and abetting this thrash acts!!!

Wetin nor good nor get any other name, e nor just good ni. If this thread don outlive it's purpose then u guys should rather lock it and have it archived. Naija and nonsense!
true. The thread should be locked people are no longer interested in sharing information as most things have been shared already
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Admin9: 9:20pm On May 09, 2021
Lagbaja88:
no offence, but are you allergic to researching online

what is the essence of this thread? whenever someone asks a question you guys keep saying that the person should go and make research. It doesn't make sense
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 11:06pm On May 09, 2021
Admin9:

what is the essence of this thread? whenever someone asks a question you guys keep saying that the person should go and make research. It doesn't make sense

The purpose basically is to help new comers find their feet- accommodation, what to come with, how to navigate their intended location.

However, you are asking for job prospects for fields that no one might be in. Hence the advice to google search.

More so, if you are planning to switch courses, one would assume you already did the research already and just looking for an approval of your decision.

Like @Lagbaja88 said, asking these questions on google is your sure bet.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jhoci: 8:10pm On May 10, 2021
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Neam9: 1:26am On May 11, 2021
Please l sent an email

maziude:

You are in luck...

Send dm... I will send you the link for our telegram group.

I am in Ottawa by the way.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by funtime: 12:19am On May 12, 2021
please is there any one in the house living in hamilton ontario,which is the best placese to live
Neam9:
Please l sent an email

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Virnee(f): 7:34am On May 12, 2021
Lagbaja88:

Haba bros, your sister wey no Sabi book? I am angry on her behalf! LOL...

Ielts is not about having a 1st class or 2.1... that thing showed me pepper too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: sisit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.