Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2176647 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Knelsoon: 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2021
ednut1:
be careful o. Scammers plenty out there. Investing in a truck driving business won't be bad.

Thank you. Will check this out.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by irijuola: 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:
How will I run into an error? I just feel i should be abreast of whatever is going on and carried along regardless of any plan or he would have come out truthfully and let me know what’s going on. I am also worried he might have submitted fake divorce documents without my knowledge.

I know you are hurt and very angry but you have to be careful also. All these ways you are looking at will spell doom for you both. How? If he ends up being deported, he will never stay married to you. Try all amiable ways to fight for your marriage. Involving Canadian and school authority will be bad for him but what will you gain from it? Really, if the marriage can be saved, try and save it. If not, let it go. If you threaten him with all these, you don't know the extent him or his family will go. Don't lose your life my dear.
The only advice I have for you as a Christian is this: PRAY. The same way voodoo can be made to reset someone's mindset, prayer can do better. Pray that God should make him miss you terribly. Pray that God should withhold rest from him until he contacts you. In the midnight, cry out to God and he will surely answer you.

My sister, try God when all hope seems lost. All is well with you.

19 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Venom104: 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2021
Knelsoon:

Recommendations are welcomed. Thank you.

Real estate.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Phabbs: 12:41am On Jun 09, 2021
Is it possible to get a mortgage for buying a property on landing or is this a different form of real estate investment?

Venom104:

Real estate.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:44am On Jun 09, 2021
Phabbs:
Is it possible to get a mortgage for buying a property on landing or is this a different form of real estate investment?

yes very possible if you have the cash to buy outright. But if it's mortgage parole you won't qualify on landing ( good job and credit score no dey)

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakaoyekachi1: 2:41am On Jun 09, 2021
irijuola:

I know you are hurt and very angry but you have to be careful also. All these ways you are looking at will spell doom for you both. How? If he ends up being deported, he will never stay married to you. Try all amiable ways to fight for your marriage. Involving Canadian and school authority will be bad for him but what will you gain from it? Really, if the marriage can be saved, try and save it. If not, let it go. If you threaten him with all these, you don't know the extent him or his family will go. Don't lose your life my dear.
The only advice I have for you as a Christian is this: PRAY. The same way voodoo can be made to reset someone's mindset, prayer can do better. Pray that God should make him miss you terribly. Pray that God should withhold rest from him until he contacts you. In the midnight, cry out to God and he will surely answer you.

Thank you �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakaoyekachi1: 2:42am On Jun 09, 2021
ankaravillageng:

I can't say I totally understand you but I do sympathise with you. Even when you find the truth and it hurts, you'll might feel like taking a pound of flesh but try to just resist, it would be hard I know, infact it might be impossible, but try you best to leave him to his cross. Trust me when I say life would deal with him if your hands are clean and he did do you wrong, he would definitely meet his Waterloo.
In the main time find your happiness again and see if you can move on.
Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JennyKadry2: 2:54am On Jun 09, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:
It’s easier said than done, I’m pretty sure if you were in my shoes you won’t say this, it’s very painful cause I don’t deserve this happening. Imagine if it was the other way around, will you tell me to wait for karma? Or if I was your blood relation, won’t you want to get to the root of the matter? I just feel whatever is going on he should be man enough and feel me in, I wont kill him if he does.

Yep. It is easier said than done. Sometimes, there are two different types of advise from strangers.....
1. The one they give to fellow strangers
2. The one they give to family members or people really close to them.

I cannot tell you to sit and pray and I also cannot tell you to hit him hard. You are the one living out this story in this present moment and only you know how much it hurts.

It doesn't matter which way you go (sit and pray or hit him hard), there will be consequences (emotional and/or physical and/or psychological) from your actions. The real question though is ........"are you prepared to own whatever fall out from this with your full chest?"

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakaoyekachi1: 8:58am On Jun 09, 2021
JennyKadry2:

Yep. It is easier said than done. Sometimes, there are two different types of advise from strangers.....
1. The one they give to fellow strangers
2. The one they give to family members or people really close to them.

I cannot tell you to sit and pray and I also cannot tell you to hit him hard. You are the one living out this story in this present moment and only you know how much it hurts.

It doesn't matter which way you go (sit and pray or hit him hard), there will be consequences (emotional and/or physical and/or psychological) from your actions. The real question though is ........"are you prepared to own whatever fall out from this with your full chest?"
That’s why I want to see how things unfolds in the following months, without taking an irrational decision, by just been calm and stay mute. I know the truth will eventually come out
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Knelsoon: 8:58am On Jun 09, 2021
ednut1:
be careful o. Scammers plenty out there. Investing in a truck driving business won't be bad.

Bro do you mean freight business? Or I will drive the truck myself grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Knelsoon: 8:59am On Jun 09, 2021
Venom104:

Real estate.

This will require bulk funds on landing.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jayifeanyi1234: 9:28am On Jun 09, 2021
Good day all. Please, anybody living in any of the Atlantic Provinces that migrated by buying a business? Please, I have some questions.tnks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Eilenora: 7:22pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hello Guys,
Please is there a whatssap group in Toronto I can be added to?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Orange1234: 9:34pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please does anyone know an online exchange company that facilitates ₦ to either CAD or USD transfers? I want to convert NGN directly to either currency . Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanadianNaija: 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2021
Orange1234:
Hello everyone,

Please does anyone know an online exchange company that facilitates ₦ to either CAD or USD transfers? I want to convert NGN directly to either currency . Thanks in advance.

Try fm exchange, lemonade finance, ping express etc.

Though I think FM Exchange may be your best bet since you're looking to buy cad. Lots of these other companies give you naira.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanadianNaija: 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2021
oluayebenz:

Infact ehn

That man is facing alot honestly.
International student for that matter.

Schooling and paying all the bills by himself is very very tough.

If the man doesn't love her, he won't bother coming home last year to marry her, that money will even go a long way....
The marriage shows the plan is still there, guyman just need some time off to figure out the way around

I think the man is just using that said lady in Canada to survive, International students will understand better. She might just be a girlfriend

“She might just be a girlfriend?” Will this same tone and understanding for this man’s behaviour be the same if it were his wife in this situation?

We really should have empathy, and try to be reasonable. 4 months of not speaking to your spouse and not knowing if he's dead or alive shouldn't be dismissed as a woman not being understanding.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanadianNaija: 10:34pm On Jun 09, 2021
JORDAN55:
Hi guys,
please what’s the best site to buy electronics in canada apart from best buy and Amazon.

Please help

Google search the name of the electronic you want to buy. The result will show you all the stores that have it and at what price.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanadianNaija: 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2021
Alchemist01:
Hello Guys,

What do you think about getting a room in a basement apartment in Oshawa that is 40 mins away from Ontario Tech and cost $600 CAD per month?

I am a bit sceptical that the entire apartment is in a basement coupled with the fact that transportation will be an extra cost.

What do you guys think ? as I don't have much options when it comes to accomodation.

Is it 40mins by bus or car? If it's by car, it means that it will take longer by bus and may be too far for you

Also the basement apartment might be good for you if it's in summer because it will be �, and if it's a short term arrangement. That way you could land there, and have a month or so to get a better place since you're on ground.

This advice will mostly be dependent on if your agreement is month to month or you have to sign a one year lease.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanadianNaija: 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Knelsoon:
Can anyone recommend a good business I can invest $70kcad into few months after landing in canada.

I am already looking into some businesses but since I am not on ground yet, it's been a little difficult getting the real time infos. I don't know if $70k will be enough.

Hopefully I will be landing in Calgary in few months, waiting for IRCC.
Recommendations are welcomed. Thank you.

https://investalberta.ca/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:15am On Jun 10, 2021
Hey all, I have a friend who is in Canada and wants to sponsor his spouse. My friend is a PR and his wife has a valid Nigerian passport but wants her hubby's name on her new passport. The new passport has been applied for since April but Naija no get booklet.

The other evidence and acknowledgement of the new name are noted on the forms, newspaper publication, affidavit of change of name, so they wanna continue the application process with the old valid passport until Naija get sense.

Including a new passport biodata page can wait until embassy or IRCC is ready for something, right?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olasubomy: 2:36am On Jun 10, 2021
JORDAN55:
Hi guys,
please what’s the best site to buy electronics in canada apart from best buy and Amazon.

Please help

Try Walmart
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Delta007(m): 1:53am On Jun 11, 2021
JORDAN55:
Hi guys,

Please help
Costco. Typically comes with extended warranties; you can also buy their concierge services.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Delta007(m): 1:58am On Jun 11, 2021
jayifeanyi1234:
Good day all. Please, anybody living in any of the Atlantic Provinces that migrated by buying a business? Please, I have some questions.tnks
Send me PM. What kind of business are you looking to buy?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pee2Jay9: 4:25am On Jun 11, 2021
Don't mind them.. People just type rubbish online.. There's food bank here and there, students get cheaper deals with banks and transportation, the International service office of almost all schools give out things regularly.. What exactly is he working that he can't speak to his wife for months? Except he's in jail and was denied communication, no other excuse will cut it. He's just irresponsible abeg

DrFreemason:
I honestly cannot believe there are people here trying to defend not talking to one's wife for four months, giving excuses that being an international student is difficult. Even world leaders that are tasked with running their countries create time to talk to their wives not talk of an ordinary masters student abroad. Are you saying masters student abroad are so busy that they cannot create 5 minutes a day just to say hello to their wives?

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pee2Jay9: 4:41am On Jun 11, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:
I just stay calm and see how things unfolds, so I don’t make a wrong move, one day one day the truth will come out and I won’t be blamed as not been a virtuous woman or lack patience

It's good that you're patient enough to still wait for months, but try and stay sane cos I think the bros is living life. Keep trying to reach him and document for evidence sake, cos you'll need those. Pray like it's been advised but sha start rearranging like a single lady. From what I've gathered, he was already a student before the marriage, so immigration may have his record as single. I don't know what the plan was for both of u as regards life after his school, but if him don change am for you, you sef go change am for am, when you're sure that he wasn't in prison, hospital, kidnapped or dead. Someone said black magic, � Africans sha. Anyway, just know peace.. I emphasize with you and send u light.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pee2Jay9: 5:01am On Jun 11, 2021
Your advise is good but my concern is if the man will utilize this approach, if the reverse was the case. God is my all in all, but sustaining a marriage by one person's prayer is hard work.. When will she stop using prayer to reset his head? Can't she comfortably just stay happy knowing that she has a responsible man? This whole prayer advice sha. I can pray for one off decisions to turn out in my favor, but that I'll keep praying for my spouse to be reasonable and loving? Nah.. That's too much

irijuola:

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JennyKadry2: 5:19am On Jun 11, 2021
Pee2Jay9:
Your advise is good but my concern is if the man will utilize this approach, if the reverse was the case. God is my all in all, but sustaining a marriage by one person's prayer is hard work.. When will she stop using prayer to reset his head? Can't she comfortably just stay happy knowing that she has a responsible man? This whole prayer advice sha. I can pray for one off decisions to turn out in my favor, but that I'll keep praying for my spouse to be reasonable an loving? Nah.. That's too much

cheesy

Now on a more serious note, I hope we are all going to WAKE UP from this very deep slumber and not rely on prayer alone come 2023 election and do the hard work of kicking these evil politicians out because the comments on this page regarding this woman's issue is depressing and is not giving me hope for the near future.

God has given us all free will. I hope we do not baby sit adults with prayers come 2023

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by irijuola: 5:31am On Jun 11, 2021
Pee2Jay9:
Your advise is good but my concern is if the man will utilize this approach, if the reverse was the case. God is my all in all, but sustaining a marriage by one person's prayer is hard work.. When will she stop using prayer to reset his head? Can't she comfortably just stay happy knowing that she has a responsible man? This whole prayer advice sha. I can pray for one off decisions to turn out in my favor, but that I'll keep praying for my spouse to be reasonable an loving? Nah.. That's too much

I know it isn't easy that's why I said if she can't save the marriage, she should let the marriage go. No one can force anyone to stay married. She should count her losses and let go. BUT, if she believes it's worth fighting for, then I still stand by what I said - PRAYER. Really, even a married man that did not travel out and he's still in Nigeria will just start misbehaving and after trying everything, there's nothing you can do but to stick it out or let it go.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by irijuola: 5:34am On Jun 11, 2021
JennyKadry2:

cheesy

Now on a more serious note, I hope we are all going to WAKE UP from this very deep slumber and not rely on prayer alone come 2023 election and do the hard work of kicking these evil politicians out because the comments on this page regarding this woman's issue is depressing and is not giving me hope for the near future.

God has given us all free will. I hope we do not baby sit adults with prayers come 2023

I've been in position where I tried my all and I had to give in and ask God for help. I understand the work of prayers and I understand the role of hardwork. Though I understand your points but one should stick to whatever works for him.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 11:56am On Jun 11, 2021
Wow! Just wow!

I really can not believe people's comments. She should "fight for her marriage"? She should "fast and pray"? She should know that "if the man is deported, he will not stay married to her"? Is this marriage? Someone even said the other lady "is just a girlfriend". What is wrong with people? How damaged can anyone be to try to rationalize this man's behaviour?? There is no reason for anyone to not speak with their spouse for 4 months. 4 good months! Even if he's in jail, he will be allowed to make calls every once in awhile. The only reason that makes sense to me is if he is dead.

Amakaoyekachi1, what you are going through is not ok and I've got to say; you have handled it with so much grace. I am pretty sure I would have lost my mind after 1 week. I'm so sorry you are going through this. This is not what marriage should look like, and it sucks even more that you were newly weds before his trip. This is the time you two should be building your future with each other. I don't know what the foundation of your marriage is, but sis, it does not look good. If he is indeed alive, then he does not want to be in that marriage and it is NOT your job to make him remain in it. Marriage requires two people's effort and commitment, only yours cannot sustain it. He must have told his family his plan and that is why they are not forthcoming with information. Even his close friends will know. You are nobody's fool and don't act like one. I repeat, this is not how marriage should be.

You asked if someone who is married in Nigeria can be allowed to get married again in Canada. . .It depends on his status when he did his application. If he came into Canada as a married man, then he would need to produce divorce papers or death certificate of the previous spouse to be allowed to get married again. But there is nothing stopping him from having a live-in-lover (and I suspect this is the case) and the authorities won't do anything if that's what is going on. It is not illegal to cheat on one's spouse.

You said you have the contact of his supervisor? Why haven't you called? How does calling his supervisor to ask his whereabouts put him in trouble? You need to reach him through any means possible. You deserve some closure. You are his WIFE. Thankfully, you two don't have kids yet. Start planning how to move on from this after you get the closure. It will take some time, but eventually, you will heal. Know that this is not your fault. Even if you are the worst wife in history, you do not deserve to be ghosted.

Good luck sis.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakaoyekachi1: 1:04pm On Jun 11, 2021
SlowlybtSurely:
Wow! Just wow!

I really can not believe people's comments. She should "fight for her marriage"? She should "fast and pray"? She should know that "if the man is deported, he will not stay married to her"? Is this marriage? Someone even said the other lady "is just a girlfriend". What is wrong with people? How damaged can anyone be to try to rationalize this man's behaviour?? There is no reason for anyone to not speak with their spouse for 4 months. 4 good months! Even if he's in jail, he will be allowed to make calls every once in awhile. The only reason that makes sense to me is if he is dead.

Amakaoyekachi1, I've got to say; you have handled this with so much grace. I am pretty sure I would have lost my mind after 1 week. I'm so sorry you are going through this. This is not what marriage should look like, and it sucks even more that you were newly weds before his trip. This is the time you two should be building your future with each other. I don't know what the foundation of your marriage is, but sis, it does not look good. If he is indeed alive, then he does not want to be in that marriage and it is NOT your job to make him remain in it. Marriage requires two people's effort and commitment, only yours cannot sustain it. He must have told his family his plan and that is why they are not forthcoming with information. Even his close friends will know. You are nobody's fool and don't act like one. I repeat, this is not how marriage should be.

You asked if someone who is married in Nigeria can be allowed to get married again in Canada. . .It depends on his status when he did his application. If he came into Canada as a married man, then he would need to produce divorce papers or death certificate of the previous spouse to be allowed to get married again. But there is nothing stopping him from having a live-in-lover (and I suspect this is the case) and the authorities won't do anything if that's what is going on. It is not illegal to cheat on one's spouse.

You said you have the contact of his supervisor? Why haven't you called? How does calling his supervisor to ask his whereabouts put him in trouble? You need to reach him through any means possible. You deserve some closure. You are his WIFE. Thankfully, you two don't have kids yet. Start planning how to move on from this after you get the closure. It will take some time, but eventually, you will heal. Know that this is not your fault. Even if you are the worst wife in history, you do not deserve to be ghosted.

Good luck sis.

Thank you so much your words actually uplifted my spirit, most of the suggestions I have been getting has been making me feel like a bad wife and people telling me to over look things, like it is that easy. I can imagine how some would have reacted, no one deserves this kind of maltreatment from their spouse, I have been calm enough and deserves every form of closure I can get. I’ll watch his things unfolds till the end of June.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Aimajoyce: 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2021
Money Tangle (physical office in Calgary), Lemonade Finance or MyFX

Orange1234:
Hello everyone,

2 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: ferfer(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.