Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,888 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:51 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2158279 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Comfyski(f): 7:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hi Everyone.

Please does anyone know about a whatsapp group for Nigerians in edmonton and Calgary

Looking to connect.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JennyKadry2: 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2021
irijuola:

I've been in position where I tried my all and I had to give in and ask God for help. I understand the work of prayers and I understand the role of hardwork. Though I understand your points but one should stick to whatever works for him.

No offence(about to offend) but this attitude and that of the 98% of Nairalanders that have given their "opinion" on this matter....is the same attitude our parents have/had that left us with a failed country called Nigeria....and to be quite honest..same attitude coming from our generation is quite scary

No one should be told to fast and pray out a stupid behaviour from a mighty grown person. If we dropped all these fast and pray advise and hold people accountable with our "full chest", the world will be a better place.

To whom it may concern please read the below..

Know this and know peace.......YOU ARE NOT A REHABILITATION CENTRE. IT IS NOT YOUR JOB TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR A TOXIC BEHAVIOUR. IT IS NOT YOUR JOB TO BABYSIT ANOTHER NAUGHTY GROWN PERSON WITH PRAYERS AND FASTING. IT IS NOT ANYONE'S JOB BUT THE SILLY PERSON's TO FIX THEMSELF.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 11, 2021
Nigerians kicking out old evil politicians and people out of office in 2023 is like everywhere in that country having constant electricity. It is not possible!

A lot of men and women mess around here in Canada esp those claiming refugee status and students while their partners are abroad. But ghosting her is on another level..again let her do what she feels ok with.
JennyKadry2:

No offence(about to offend) but this attitude and that of the 98% of Nairalanders that have given their "opinion" on this matter....is the same attitude our parents have/had that left us with a failed country called Nigeria....and to be quite honest..same attitude coming from our generation is quite scary

No one should be told to fast and pray out a stupid behaviour from a mighty grown person. If we dropped all these fast and pray advise and hold people accountable with our "full chest", the world will be a better place.

To whom it may concern please read the below..

Know this and know peace.......YOU ARE NOT A REHABILITATION CENTRE. IT IS NOT YOUR JOB TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR A TOXIC BEHAVIOUR. IT IS NOT YOUR JOB TO BABYSIT ANOTHER NAUGHTY GROWN PERSON WITH PRAYERS AND FASTING. IT IS NOT ANYONE'S JOB BUT THE SILLY PERSON's TO FIX THEMSELF.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lobell: 8:55am On Jun 12, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:
Thank you so much your words actually uplifted my spirit, most of the suggestions I have been getting has been making me feel like a bad wife and people telling me to over look things, like it is that easy. I can imagine how some would have reacted, no one deserves this kind of maltreatment from their spouse, I have been calm enough and deserves every form of closure I can get. I’ll watch his things unfolds till the end of June.

Really sorry about your ordeal. Kudos for staying strong so far.

Some clarifications if you may please.
1. What sort of program is he running? Bachelor's, Certificate course, Diploma, masters, PhD?
2. How is he funding the program? Self-funded, scholarship etc.

These will inform my next communication.
Cheers.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 12, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:
Thank you so much your words actually uplifted my spirit, most of the suggestions I have been getting has been making me feel like a bad wife and people telling me to over look things, like it is that easy. I can imagine how some would have reacted, no one deserves this kind of maltreatment from their spouse, I have been calm enough and deserves every form of closure I can get. I’ll watch his things unfolds till the end of June.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by akosh005: 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:
Thank you, I would keep updating the Nairaland family how it eventually turns out. I will be patient to see how this month unfolds�
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TPound(m): 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2021
Good evening....I'd like to move my family of myself, wife and son to Canada...
What will it entail and how much Will it cost?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 7:03pm On Jun 12, 2021
TPound:
Good evening....I'd like to move my family of myself, wife and son....

https://www.parents.com/parenting/money/buy-a-house/make-moving-easier-on-you-and-your-kids/

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakaoyekachi1: 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2021
lobell:

Really sorry about your ordeal. Kudos for staying strong so far.

Some clarifications if you may please.
1. What sort of program is he running? Bachelor's, Certificate course, Diploma, masters, PhD?
2. How is he funding the program? Self-funded, scholarship etc.

These will inform my next communication.
Cheers.
1. Masters
2. Self- funded
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dumiel: 10:08pm On Jun 12, 2021
maziude:

https://www.parents.com/parenting/money/buy-a-house/make-moving-easier-on-you-and-your-kids/
grin @maziude/@ednut1/@Lagbaja88 no go kill person o cheesy.

TPound:
Good evening....I'd like to move my family of myself, wife and son to Canada...

Chairman, you go visit the link below go disturb immigration angels after reading its page 1 if you want get answers to your question o. Sannu fa.
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/593#102661037

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TPound(m): 7:10am On Jun 13, 2021
dumiel:
grin @maziude/@ednut1/@Lagbaja88 no go kill person o cheesy.

Chairman, you go visit the link below go disturb immigration angels after reading its page 1 if you want get answers to your question o. Sannu fa.
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/593#102661037

Ok bro
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lobell: 10:23am On Jun 13, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:
1. Masters
2. Self- funded

This implies (I may be wrong though) that he is most likely considering marriage route as he won't be qualified for the CEC route.

Writing the Canadian embassy will get you what you want. But! I will suggest you inform his family members that this will be your next move because if you do this, and he is actually doing something shady, he will be deported and probably banned for a really long time. Informing his family of you move, may make them and him open up.

Weigh your options and choose carefully.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakaoyekachi1: 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
lobell:

This implies (I may be wrong though) that he is most likely considering marriage route as he won't be qualified for the CEC route.

Writing the Canadian embassy will get you what you want. But! I will suggest you inform his family members that this will be your next move because if you do this, and he is actually doing something shady, he will be deported and probably banned for a really long time. Informing his family of you move, may make them and him open up.

Weigh your options and choose carefully.
But someone mentioned here that as a student after studies, you would be given post graduate work permit then can apply for PR afterwards. It’s hurt and I feel he should have carried me along with whatever plans as his wife.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pee2Jay9: 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
To get that NOC 0, A or B job no be here oo. Other factors can hinder too.
Amakaoyekachi1:
But someone mentioned here that as a student after studies, you would be given post graduate work permit then can apply for PR afterwards. It’s hurt and I feel he should have carried me along with whatever plans as his wife.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakaoyekachi1: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
nowhere:
To get that NOC 0, A or B job no be here oo. Other factors can hinder too.
please I don’t understand. I thought they give post graduate work permit immediately someone graduates. Whatever the case maybe I just feel I should be carried along, even if he wants a divorce he should have told me
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by folla: 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2021
Hello good people

Please I have a question that requires an urgent clarification.

My wife newly received a study visa approval, and myself and the children wish to travel to Canada as soon as possible. In fact, we plan to put in the application by next week. She is still in Nigeria and planning to travel in August for the fall intake. I plan to apply for SOWP, while the children will apply for study visas.

Meanwhile, in filling the family information form, she had indicated that no family member would accompany her to Canada. She had stated thus in order to use me and the children as home ties.

Now the question is: if the rest family members now apply to join her in Canada, would IRCC not consider this as amounting to misrepresentation? Could IRCC use the information in her family information form against us?

Do we have people here who had stated similar thing in their family information form, yet still got SOWP for the spouse and study visas for children?

Lekiboboe, Justmellow, Frankrobbn, and people who had gone through the process such as ILoveDLord, Schonebaby, jaybaby2017, please how did you tackle the issue raised below?

Thank you for helping out.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
folla:
Hello good people

My wife newly received a study visa approval, and myself and the children wish to travel to Canada as soon as possible. In fact, we plan to put in the application by next week. She is still in Nigeria and planning to travel in August for the fall intake. I plan to apply for SOWP, while the children will apply for study visas.

Meanwhile, in filling the family information form, she had indicated that no family member would accompany her to Canada. She had stated thus in order to use me and the children as home ties.

Now the question is: if the rest family members now apply to join her in Canada, would IRCC not consider this as amounting to misrepresentation? Could IRCC use the information in her family information form against us?

Do we have people here who had stated similar thing in their family information form, yet still got SOWP for the spouse and study visas for children?

Lekiboboe, Justmellow, Frankrobbn, and people who had gone through the process such as ILoveDLord, Schonebaby, jaybaby2017, please how did you tackle the issue raised below?

This is totally dependent on the VO that would handle your case. While some vo might be generous some have no joy (because you folks presented the opportunity to them).

Find an immigration lawyer or wait for a year before you apply.

In fact once she get to Canada, let her look for an immigration lawyer and narrate to them. They would advice accordingly.

PS: She shouldn’t have said no. There are other things/people she could have used as home ties. In fact , once a married person is applying for study visa, the expectation most of the vo’s have is that their family will join them. I am sure she would have still gotten the visa even if she says you guys are coming with her.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lobell: 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:

The criteria for a post graduate work permit is plentiful.

See here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html

Try and see if he meets all the requirements. If he does, then I see no reason to be shifty because the process is straightforward.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakaoyekachi1: 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2021
lobell:

The criteria for a post graduate work permit is plentiful.

See here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html

Try and see if he meets all the requirements. If he does, then I see no reason to be shifty because the process is straightforward.
He does, I know he was working full time( doing two jobs) and I asked him then that hope it won’t get him into trouble with immigration, he said no that there is a way they do it without immigration finding out. Except he wants to fast track everything and doesn’t want to be patient cause I see no reason with the game he is playing and to what end? When the truth will eventually come out sooner or later.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ankaravillageng: 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:
He does, I know he was working full time( doing two jobs) and I asked him then that hope it won’t get him into trouble with immigration, he said no that there is a way they do it without immigration finding out. Except he wants to fast track everything and doesn’t want to be patient cause I see no reason with the game he is playing and to what end? When the truth will eventually come out sooner or later.

If only you have someone that can approach him one on one there. Cause I have racked by brain for a thousand and one reasons why this is happening and the only logical explanation is death and we know for a fact he is alive. Me I don't know the reason for this wickedness.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakaoyekachi1: 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
ankaravillageng:

If only you have someone that can approach him one on one there. Cause I have racked by brain for a thousand and one reasons why this is happening and the only logical explanation is death and we know for a fact he is alive. Me I don't know the reason for this wickedness.
He is very much alive, I think he is in a relationship with someone over there and trying to kick me out of the way painful but that’s the honest truth probably because of papers or money I really can’t fathom. But I know I will pull through
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:
He is very much alive, I think he is in a relationship with someone over there and trying to kick me out of the way painful but that’s the honest truth probably because of papers or money I really can’t fathom. But I know I will pull through
you need to go off Nairaland and solve the issue. Go to his parents house with your parents to discuss. All this one you are typing here wont help you

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakaoyekachi1: 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
Lagbaja88:
you need to go off Nairaland and solve the issue. Go to his parents house with your parents to discuss. All this one you are typing here wont help you
I have been going to the family house alone but this time around I might have to go with my parents. I just want to see how things unfolds this June before making a move.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by adaoyoyo: 10:12pm On Jun 13, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:
I have been going to the family house alone but this time around I might have to go with my parents. I just want to see how things unfolds this June before making a move.

Some families sha.... Am sure they know whats going on but choose to be mute and watch you suffer.Nne pls be strong and watever be d outcome i advise you to remain calm. God will repay him and everyone involved in their own coin. Dont let this break you sis!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by signature2012(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:

No sane man will abandoned his lovely wife and not put a call through for 4 months.
Deep down in you heart,you know what's is happening between you both.
All this back and forth trying to seek adevice from peeps who dont know what really transpired between you both wont work.

You were both married,I believe his parents are aware he married you.
So you want to tell me none of your own family have put a call through to your hubby or you will say they don't have his number?You dad,mum or siblings!
Your husband's family all denied you?Common now!!!!
There is more to your story...Your last conversation with me,reflect more on it..
From your story,he was already a student before he married you,he came to naija,got married to you and went back to Canada,then suddenly ghosted you...Just like that.
You claim to have his supervisor's number,how did you get it?How man diasporan will their superior number to relatives back home.
Now call the supervisor and ask about your hubby from him.You dragging this story too much.
Sincerely,I am tired of reading your story here.Make a move and know where you stand.

Other option,look for someone matured here,send the person your hubby's number.The person will reach out to him and hear his side of the story.
You did not mention if you have kids yet.If it happen you dont have yet,return his bride price,divorce him and move on.
You cant be dying in silence while the dude is living his dream life.

Please,enough of your comment here,make move,take action.This thread has been derailed enough.

Some of my message might be harsh,but the truth is always bitter!!!!

Let me say it again,no man that love you will not reach out to you for 4 months,kojo!.
You said he told you to remove his pictures from facebook or so.The writing is on the wall there.Very very bold.

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Anndav(f): 10:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
s

quote author=folla post=102684852]Hello good people

[/quote]

Yes you can join your wife
What dat question imply is that you are not going together on same trip
But nothing stop you from coming later
All she needs to do is apply for you after she has settled down, and gotten SIN, Home address and study permit proper those are the documents required to apply for you

Just be patient and allow her go alone first and you join later.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Anndav(f): 10:58pm On Jun 13, 2021
maziude:

This is totally dependent on the VO that would handle your case. While some vo might be generous some have no joy (because you folks presented the opportunity to them).

Find an immigration lawyer or wait for a year before you apply.

In fact once she get to Canada, let her look for an immigration lawyer and narrate to them. They would advice accordingly.

PS: She shouldn’t have said no. There are other things/people she could have used as home ties. In fact , once a married person is applying for study visa, the expectation most of the vo’s have is that their family will join them. I am sure she would have still gotten the visa even if she says you guys are coming with her.

Wao ....that question does not need any lawyer
It just imply they are not accompany her presently
Most ppl who are not applying for the family together has to say no because if you answer yes you are expected to attach all the family members application together.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 14, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:
please I don’t understand. I thought they give post graduate work permit immediately someone graduates. Whatever the case maybe I just feel I should be carried along, even if he wants a divorce he should have told me
You look for the job..govt can only link you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:26am On Jun 14, 2021
signature2012:

No sane man will abandoned his lovely wife and not put a call through for 4 months.
Deep down in you heart,you know what's is happening between you both.
All this back and forth trying to seek adevice from peeps who dont know what really transpired between you both wont work.

You were both married,I believe his parents are aware he married you.
So you want to tell me none of your own family have put a call through to your hubby or you will say they don't have his number?You dad,mum or siblings!
Your husband's family all denied you?Common now!!!!
There is more to your story...Your last conversation with me,reflect more on it..
From your story,he was already a student before he married you,he came to naija,got married to you and went back to Canada,then suddenly ghosted you...Just like that.
You claim to have his supervisor's number,how did you get it?How man diasporan will their superior number to relatives back home.
Now call the supervisor and ask about your hubby from him.You dragging this story too much.
Sincerely,I am tired of reading your story here.Make a move and know where you stand.

Other option,look for someone matured here,send the person your hubby's number.The person will reach out to him and hear his side of the story.
You did not mention if you have kids yet.If it happen you dont have yet,return his bride price,divorce him and move on.
You cant be dying in silence while the dude is living his dream life.

Please,enough of your comment here,make move,take action.This thread has been derailed enough.

Some of my message might be harsh,but the truth is always bitter!!!!

Let me say it again,no man that love you will not reach out to you for 4 months,kojo!.
You said he told you to remove his pictures from facebook or so.The writing is on the wall there.Very very bold.
the matter is tiring abeg. This is not a Canadian marital thread. There is def more to the story. Make she go solve am off Nairaland

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kayyyy(f): 6:26am On Jun 14, 2021
Lagbaja88:
the matter is tiring abeg. This os not a Canadian marital thread. There is def more to the story. Make she go solve am off Nairaland
This matter has been going on for over a week now or so on this platform, me self tire oh. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kayyyy(f): 6:29am On Jun 14, 2021
Comfyski:
Hi Everyone.

Please does anyone know about a whatsapp group for Nigerians in edmonton and Calgary

Looking to connect.

Thank you
I am also interested

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (708) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.