Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2181630 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by uyaiabasi123: 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2021
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by uyaiabasi123: 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2021
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 03, 2021
99% of Canadian Nigeria bloggers are females . Una dey use am find husband or wetin angry grin

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nivek321: 12:42am On Jul 04, 2021
Hello everyone,

Looking for an affordable short term stay/accommodation in the south west area of Calgary?

A shared 2 bed 1 bath apartment on the 3rd floor of a 3 storey building with a cool headed dude in his early 30s out working for about 8 to 9 hours every weekday?

kindly send me a dm or email if you're interested.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Neam9: 10:06am On Jul 04, 2021
Good morning, please I'm looking for an affordable room to rent in Toronto before 22nd July. It could be a shared bathroom. Anyone looking for a female flatmate should please dm or email. Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Alchemist01: 10:06am On Jul 04, 2021
Hello guys,

Does anyone know any other means of making payment internationally from Nigeria asides opening a dom account or using barter ?

There is a $100 monthly limit on mastercard and I am looking for other means with reasonable exchange rate.

Any suggestions?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Neam9: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2021
Anyone flying klm lagos to Toronto on the 21st should please dm. Travel buddy needed�
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2021
Alchemist01:
Hello guys,

Does anyone know any other means of making payment internationally from Nigeria asides opening a dom account or using barter ?

There is a $100 monthly limit on mastercard and I am looking for other means with reasonable exchange rate.

Any suggestions?
no, there is nothing like reasonable exchange rate, you buy at black market rate.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ankaravillageng: 3:50pm On Jul 04, 2021
Alchemist01:
Hello guys,

Any suggestions?

Download vesti on play store. You can use it, or flutterwave barter card. But vesti is cheaper

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by RaheemTee(m): 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2021
Hello,
Good day,
I would love to be added to the WhatsApp group of those going to University of Regina.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Homextras: 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amakaoyekachi1:
I have been going to the family house alone but this time around I might have to go with my parents. I just want to see how things unfolds this June before making a move.

If you have his Canadian number, someone can reach him through his church leaders(if he is a christian) to have a conversation with him.
It’s important to know your position in his life as soon as possible.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 04, 2021
Who no go back to Nigeria or do Asian here get wahala. #facts!
Lagbaja88:
99% of Canadian Nigeria bloggers are females . Una dey use am find husband or wetin angry grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iamblessed007: 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
Hello house, Pls do you know if GTbank still allow one to deposit USD into ones Dorm Account and transfer it to our USD account here in canada? I wish to deposit some USD and transfer it to my TD USD account. I did that when i moved here in 2019. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ankaravillageng: 8:53pm On Jul 04, 2021
Iamblessed007:
Hello house, Pls do you know if GTbank still allow one to deposit USD into ones Dorm Account and transfer it to our USD account here in canada? I wish to deposit some USD and transfer it to my TD USD account. I did that when i moved here in 2019. Thanks

I don't think so. It's either no or its limited to a certain amount per month.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by adanac13: 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
Hey everyone, please does anyone have a cargo company contact that cargos from Abuja. If you do, please hook me you. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
Hello House, please who has successfully converted ICAN to CPA?

Please do you have materials and how do I go about it.

Your responses are highly appreciated.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2021
Lagbaja88:

You go like wahala oh��

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mastravel: 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
Mami1:

you can read through this.
Tap on the quoted username to read more options from others. You can always use the search option to get more answer.

slushy:
Path 1: Through CIMA and since you don’t have either ACCA or ICAN you will have to write all exams too athink.

Path 2: Register directly for CPA. Write the exams, fulfil the requirements and get the designation.

Either path; completion of ACCA, CIMA or direct CPA, I see exams waiting (Maybe a lot). It might even benefit you to go directly through CPA given that the MRA they have with ACCA and CIMA (that allows you convert without exams) is getting reviewed by March or so. I do not know how hard the CPA exam is though if you want to go the direct route.

On the learning/school question, I’m sure there will be lecture centres because there are same for ACCA. There can even be a school where they teach with CPA in mind the way LSBF does for ACCA. You might need to surf the internet for that part.

Hope it’s helpful!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mastravel: 10:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
Mami1:

If you decide to go thru ACCA, here's a detailed process from @raphrulz.

raphrulz:
The steps I took to convert my ACCA to CPABC under the MRA with ACCA include the following ( you will also find it on their website):

NB: This specifically applies to CPABC... other provinces may have their own process which differs from this.

1. I wrote to CPABC to declare my intentions to convert using the MRA with ACCA.
2. They replied with an application form which I completed immediately and scanned back to them. This is key because before u commence the process, they would want to assess if u qualify to commence it before giving u a go ahead. They don’t expect u to just start like that.
3. They then gave me a go ahead to commence the process with a mail stating all I should do and the documents to send to them.
4. So I sent a mail to ACCA to send my letter of good standing to CPABC which they did by courier for me free of charge. They also gave me an evidence of dispatch which I attached in a mail and sent to CPABC as an evidence of dispatch.
5. Now the next is ur transcript. CPABC allows u to either send ur university transcripts directly to them for assessment or to use ur Wes assessing body ( course by course assessment- which is different from the usual one we used for the immigration purpose). I went for the earlier because it was cheaper and my school is very responsive. So I processed the delivery of my transcript by my university to CPABC, which they sent and gave me an evidence of delivery. I forwarded the evidence of delivery to CPABC.
6. The next requirement was to do a refresher course from CPA: introduction to canadian tax and law. This one posed the biggest challenge because they wouldn’t allow us pay with our naira cards from naija. Infact on their website they requested for at least an international bank draft. Although I know someone that changed his vpn to another country thus making his naira card acceptable.... I actually took advantage of the fact that I had a friend in Canada. I paid the naira equivalent to his account while he paid he canadian equivalent to CPA. They been granted me access to the module on CPA. I finished it in barely 2 days of a weekend and attached he certificate of completion to the mail which i sent to CPABC. This cost me about 590 CAD
7. Pls bear in mind that the evidences of delivery and completion of the refresher course were all attached in the same mail which I sent after I had completed all the activities from point 4 -6 above. So I awaited their response.
8 They then responded after a few weeks asking me to send them 2 means of Identification out of a list of 3 ( with at least one having my picture showing clearly on it) notarized by a lawyer, etc. This posed another slight challenge to me because all my national means of ID did not have clear pictures. Well I still sent through courier my notarized drivers license and international passport. This cost me about 20+k for courier.
9. When it got to them, they were not convinced because of the unclear picture... so they replied and asked me to send another means of ID and attach a passport picture. This time around not via courier but through mail. I then sent them my Lagos state registration, National ID slip(which is still in paper form), tax clearance card etc because they all had my pictures. And attached a scanned copy of my passport photograph to them.
10. Then they responded and informed me that I would hear from them in May 1 as that was their induction date. I got a mail on may1 that I had been conditionally inducted and I would need to pay my one time induction fee + subscription fee which summed up about 1,200+ cad before I would be deemed a full member. A deadline was given to me to pay within otherwise the conditional membership would be revoked.
11. I paid the same week and in no time started getting mails from CPABC. I also went to their website to check the list of members and saw my name there. So that settled the process and I included it in my resume.
12. Some weeks after, then sent me a mail via courier confirming my admission into membership with a CPA lapel in the envelope.
13. I intend to transfer my file from CPA BC to CPA Ontario when I land.

Ps: From point 1 - 6.... the average response time was about 3 to 4 weeks average. And point 7 upwards was in days. I guess from point 7 they had now deemed me serious about the process.

Good luck.

If u require further clarification, u can reach out to me.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 04, 2021
Thank you so much for this.

I have reached out to them, hopefully I can get advise on how to convert my ICAN.

mastravel:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:01am On Jul 05, 2021
mastravel:

the acca to cpa mra ended in April 2021. Cpa did not renew it

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 4:15am On Jul 05, 2021
ednut1:

Lobatan
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:23am On Jul 05, 2021
Mami1:
Thank you so much for this.

I have reached out to them, hopefully I can get advise on how to convert my ICAN.

you will need to a transcript assessment with cpa, not too sure if wes course by course evaluation is involved. They will tell you the papers to write, it's about 5 or 6 papers. Going to cost you 12k over the 2 and half years. Wahala be llike bicycle
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 05, 2021
Hi!
Pls have you got any feedback to this enquiry for the London whatsapp group?
I am also interested.
Sent you a message so we can connect.

Bass989:

Hello, I sent a mail, I’m heading to london this august and will like to be added to the group.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 7:17am On Jul 05, 2021
Lagbaja88:
It actually works!

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BFWestAfrican: 9:49am On Jul 05, 2021
Hi dears,
For those who got their PCC while outside Nigeria and had to add their fingerprints themselves on the form, when the completed PCC was send back to you, was the last section on the fingerprints page "Impressions taken by.... Rank... Date.... Station" filled out by the inspector or simply left blank?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GWM06: 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
hi, anyone in Manitoba here?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2021
ednut1:

Really? Wow. So how will people with ACCA get CPA now?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2021
SlowlybtSurely:

by writing cpa exams noni angry
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ILoveDLord(m): 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2021
Hi.

I am just seeing your message now. I have not been on this platform for a while. Very busy life in Canada.

Ok. Yes you can apply for SOWP now if you want. I did same during my time. After my visa was approved, once I received my stamped passport back from IRCC, before I left Nigeria I applied for my wife (SOWP) and child (Visitor visa).
When I arrived Canada, obtained my study permit, my enrolment verification letter from my university and other relevant documents, I uploaded them to my wife's application to show that I am already in Canada studying. Their visas were approved in two month's time after we submitted the application. And they came to join me when they were ready.

I have seen a case where someone applied immediately for their spouse before leaving Nigeria and fortunately the spouse visa approved and they all traveled together to Canada at the same time, because the resumption date was still far.

But just like it has been said, it depends on who is the visa officer is. But even if you have to wait and arrive Canada first before applying, don't waste time, apply immediately you arrive Canada, or even apply before you leave Nigeria, as long as you have the right documents and the proof of funds.

I am saying this based on my personal experience and living in Canada.

Anndav:
s

quote author=folla post=102684852]Hello good people

Please I have a question that requires an urgent clarification.

My wife newly received a study visa approval, and myself and the children wish to travel to Canada as soon as possible. In fact, we plan to put in the application by next week. She is still in Nigeria and planning to travel in August for the fall intake. I plan to apply for SOWP, while the children will apply for study visas.

Meanwhile, in filling the family information form, she had indicated that no family member would accompany her to Canada. She had stated thus in order to use me and the children as home ties.

Now the question is: if the rest family members now apply to join her in Canada, would IRCC not consider this as amounting to misrepresentation? Could IRCC use the information in her family information form against us?

Do we have people here who had stated similar thing in their family information form, yet still got SOWP for the spouse and study visas for children?

Lekiboboe, Justmellow, Frankrobbn, and people who had gone through the process such as ILoveDLord, Schonebaby, jaybaby2017, please how did you tackle the issue raised below?

Thank you for helping out.

Yes you can join your wife
What dat question imply is that you are not going together on same trip
But nothing stop you from coming later
All she needs to do is apply for you after she has settled down, and gotten SIN, Home address and study permit proper those are the documents required to apply for you

Just be patient and allow her go alone first and you join later.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Influential101: 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2021
SlowlybtSurely:

To write CPA exams but people yet to land were able to submit applications before deadline.. Ontario allowed applications from outside Canada..

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lianna2020: 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2021
Good morning ,
Please I need input, would they be a problem if I go back to Nigeria when my 14 days quarantine isn’t over?
I left my infant behind and he’s being cranky since then.
This is like day ten quarantine n I don’t think I can wait since I hv option to study online .

Please advise

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50