Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2182179 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 25, 2021
demure178:
Abeg, how can I book from Lagos to Ontario London by flight. I would really appreciate an answer
student that cannot make simple research. Omo. Book a flight to Toronto, from Toronto book local flight to London ontario

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Queenmama03(f): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
Me too I've been thinking about this. So it's established that milk of any sort isn't allowed.
Please how about groundnuts & cashewnuts?
Let's be managing the rat poison till we get used to oyibo food.

RELAN2446:
Quick one please, can I carry powdered milk with me to canada? What I'd the best way to carry it? Is it advisable to carry it with the can?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2021
Lake Louise AB, Canada.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 5:38pm On Jul 25, 2021
The Fairmont Chateau, Lake Louise.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
Downtown Banff.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
1. Correct meat �

2. Banff!

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2021
Moraine Lake. Elevation = 6,181 feet.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2021
Look at those clouds <3 <3

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2021
Downtown YYC

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2021
Downtown YYC on a random Friday night.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 6:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
1. Gotta love Nachos.

2. Enjoy this old fashioned with me �

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 6:13pm On Jul 25, 2021
1. Entry to the last Stampede.

2. Beautiful teepees, courtesy our landlords.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 6:14pm On Jul 25, 2021
Scenes from the last Stampede.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olasubomy: 9:10pm On Jul 25, 2021
Queenmama03:
Me too. I've been thinking about this. So it's established that milk of any sort isn't allowed.
Please, how about groundnuts & cashew nuts?

You can come with groundnuts. I came with those. Transfer the groundnut to a light plastic like those eva bottles. That will weigh lesser.

Their milk is evaporated milk and affordable, not the powdered milk we are used to in Nigeria; although you can get the powered milk in African stores, it would be pricey.

I suggest you focus on your ogbono, egusi, elubo (Amala), maybe a little groundnut oil you can use while you settle in before moving around; very dried fish, Semo is available here in their regular stores (Walmart) and its 2 dollars. They also have almost similar to our kind of beans and rice is here too in their regular stores. But you can come with some beans and rice to start you up before you fully get used to the environment because you would need food, especially when you arrive from a long-distance trip.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olasubomy: 9:17pm On Jul 25, 2021
Queenmama03:
I'm trying to find accommodation in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Don't know why I'm not getting response in kijiji, I'm probably not doing something right. Anyone with useful information regarding this please help a sister.

I live in Fredericton. Have you seen a place you like? Is the landlord number posted there? I can help you put a call to the landlord. Due to high demand for houses this period, they always prefer some assurances you will be renting their place for them to wait for you but we can try.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 1:07am On Jul 26, 2021
Queenmama03:
Me too I've been thinking about this. So it's established that milk of any sort isn't allowed.
Please how about groundnuts & cashewnuts?

But groundnut and cashew nut Dey here na. I still buy them yesterday sef.

Use that space carry ogbono abi Egusi grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Changeofscene(m): 4:30am On Jul 26, 2021
Alchemist01:
Are the following allowed when travelling to Canada from Nigeria?

Fried meat
Groundnut oil
Dried fish

We have plenty groundnut oil here so don't stress yourself bringing in groundnut oil. I don't think you will have problems getting past border officers with your dry fish and fried meat.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Changeofscene(m): 4:53am On Jul 26, 2021
jjohndoe83:
In the spirit of summer...taken from the summit of Sulphur Mountain at Banff National Park, 7486 ft from ground.

Banff is such a beautiful sight to behold.I was at Banff Gondola on Canada day 2021.I still savor the experience , especially on the Gondola ride.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 6:00am On Jul 26, 2021
Changeofscene:

We have plenty groundnut oil here so don't stress yourself bringing in groundnut oil. I don't think you will have problems getting past border officers with your dry fish and fried meat.

Meat of any form is not allowed.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 7:05am On Jul 26, 2021
Alchemist01:
Are the following allowed when travelling to Canada from Nigeria?

Fried meat
Groundnut oil
Dried fish

Why are you stopping at Fried meat and Groudnut oil? Why not bring in a live goat? Wouldn't that be just nice! grin
There's no goat in Canada to kill and eat o, so you really should.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Queenmama03(f): 8:44am On Jul 26, 2021
Thanks a lot for the insights. I've sent you an email.

olasubomy:

I live in Fredericton. Have you seen a place you like? Is the landlord number posted there? I can help you put a call to the landlord. Due to high demand for houses this period, they always prefer some assurances you will be renting their place for them to wait for you but we can try.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jjohndoe83: 11:36am On Jul 26, 2021
Changeofscene:

Banff is such a beautiful sight to behold.I was at Banff Gondola on Canada day 2021.I still savor the experience , especially on the Gondola ride.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2021
19CannyMum:

Meat of any form is not allowed.

Why pesin wan carry meat come? grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2021
oluayebenz:

Infact ehn

That Agege bread go make sense o cheesy cheesy grin grin
Pesin wan carry fried meat come lol.

Wetin you get to talk?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2021
maziude:

Wetin you get to talk?
i carried fried meat to eat in the plane sha. Make airplane food no go purge persin grin grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2021
maziude:

Wetin you get to talk?

Let's be sincere with ourselves.

Nija meat is better than those frozen meat in Canada nah...... The taste and aroma no be here.

Lemme chat that person up maybe he/she can help with some jor....

I be 100% nigerian, all those junks food for here no dey do well for my body jor.

Baba How far, shey you get fufu for house?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
maziude:

Why pesin wan carry meat come? grin

Because a lot of our meat forms aren't available here: Kilishi, suya, tiko etc. Let's not even talk about taste difference between Canadian goat and naija goat, e be like say their goat na only pet fit dem lol.

Also people bring food to tide them over before they start earning in dollars. Converting naira to buy food in your first month is not easy at all and meat is expensive so if it was allowed, it's the kind of thing I'll advice someone to bring.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2021
ednut1:
i carried fried meat to eat in the plane sha. Make airplane food no go purge persin grin grin

Lol
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2021
19CannyMum:

Because a lot of our meat forms aren't available here: Kilishi, suya, tiko etc. Let's not even talk about taste difference between Canadian goat and naija goat, e be like say their goat na only pet fit dem lol.

Also people bring food to tide them over before they start earning in dollars. Converting naira to buy food in your first month is not easy at all and meat is expensive so if it was allowed, it's the kind of thing I'll advice someone to bring.

Hahahahahaha… true sha.

But dem go seize the meat
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2021
oluayebenz:

Let's be sincere with ourselves.

Nija meat is better than those frozen meat in Canada nah...... The taste and aroma no be here.

Lemme chat that person up maybe he/she can help with some jor....

I be 100% nigerian, all those junks food for here no dey do well for my body jor.

Baba How far, shey you get fufu for house?

You go like food sha … grin

Dey your house, I no get fufu grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ericksen(m): 5:24pm On Jul 26, 2021
Hello all,
I will be coming to Halifax, Nova Scotia next week.
I will be attending Dalhousie University for my masters.
It's been hell trying to get an apartment from Nigeria.
Anyone here with an apartment (or any lead) that's available for rent in Nova Scotia? Budget is 550-600 per month.
Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ModestGal(f): 5:28pm On Jul 26, 2021
Anyone in Toronto?

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.