Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,481 members, 7,781,434 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:19 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2158487 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
exmaysn12000:

Ask d scammer (agent) just 1 question.

Why is he still in naija when he knows how to dish refugee visa?
Not valid. Not everyone will leave and why should he when he is making cool cash?

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
exmaysn12000:

Off point....

Do you think everybody want to relocate

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by exmaysn12000: 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2021
nowhere:

Not valid. Not everyone will leave and why should he when he is making cool cash?

A lot of Nigerians are wise now, only very few mugus will fund such scammer. I don't see any cool cash for him. And of course, not everyone will be qualified to japa.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by exmaysn12000: 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
oluayebenz:

Off point....

Do you think everybody want to relocate

Ok. I don hear. Can we now move on
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ayce: 8:58pm On Sep 16, 2021
exmaysn12000:

My own agent did asylum visa for Canada for me and he’s also in asylum in uk. Anyone here has relocated using asylum visa ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ayce: 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2021
Good day everyone, please who has relocated to Canada through asylum here.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ayce: 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2021
Also can permanent residency be done before entering Canada ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 9:08pm On Sep 16, 2021
ayce:

My own agent did asylum visa for Canada for me and he’s also in asylum in uk. Anyone here has relocated using asylum visa ?
asylum visa Too many gullible people out here

16 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Richdee1(m): 9:33pm On Sep 16, 2021
ednut1:

Nigga where have you been! Seems work took your time!
Missed your savage and shoot on sight responses
*Grins*
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hoodboy(m): 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
nowhere:

You are a scamming thief, and aider and abetter.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 10:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
ednut1:

Infact ehn
The thing tire me
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 11:08pm On Sep 16, 2021
ayce:
Also can permanent residency be done before entering Canada ?
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled yes. If you meet the requirements
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:40am On Sep 17, 2021
hoodboy:

You are a scamming thief, and aider and abetter.
Yes, I scammed your brain.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:42am On Sep 17, 2021
exmaysn12000:

A lot of Nigerians are wise now, only very few mugus will fund such scammer. I don't see any cool cash for him. And of course, not everyone will be qualified to japa.
Wise? I don't think so, unless in scamming.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:43am On Sep 17, 2021
ednut1:
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled yes. If you meet the requirements
I guess he is talking about asylum pathway.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
nowhere:

I guess he is talking about asylum pathway.
ok. He should keep dreaming. The only realistic way is to get visa to usa, cross into Canada. File for asylum. In 2 years time they may say your asylum claims are false and deport the person. Many Nigerians are using gay laws and boko haram. Canada is not buying it anymore

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2021
ednut1:
ok. He should keep dreaming. The only realistic way is to get visa to usa, cross into Canada. File for asylum. In 2 years time they may say your asylum claims are false and deport the person. Many Nigerians are using gay laws and boko haram. Canada is not buying it anymore
I know...what about finding true love and marriage while claiming asylum..? Many do this in the US.
Does the third safe country agreement even work?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
nowhere:

I know...what about finding true love and marriage while claiming asylum..? Many do this in the US.
Does the third safe country agreement even work?
no idea. Good luck to anyone attempting it. Make una shine un eyes sha and avoid agents as they will likely scam you

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2021
ednut1:
no idea. Good luck to anyone attempting it. Make una shine un eyes sha and avoid agents as they will likely scam you
toh.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by OluwasureGig: 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2021
owee:
Hello Guys,

Traveling to Ca this month to start my post graduate program. What permissible food items would you guys advise I carry along given your experience? Thanks
Congratulations sir, did you use ielts?please do you mind putting me through, I’m currently looking for a Canadian school to go to for PGD but I’m really really struggling help a brother out please
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gmcb: 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
Those sending me email invite about this event, you may as well join the organizers tomorrow for answers relating to the theme of the event or contact them on LinkedIn

Thanks
gmcb:

Hi ACSgrans1

Welcome to Canada!. To answer some of your questions. I am also an internationally trained engineer like you and have lots of questions as a newly landed immigrant. What I did to connect with other engineers was to join "Community of Black Engineers of Canada" on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13889829/) founded by a Nigerian connecting everyone who identifies as a Black engineer from different parts of the world. From time to time different job opportunities are posted on their LinkedIn page and you know how important networking is in Canada. I saw an event coming up in a couple of days which you my benefit from. I will attach the flyer here. Feel free to connect with any member of the community in same area of specialization. I learnt there's a program coming up with job placement to fast track getting licensed in Ontario as an Engineer

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BunmiBie: 10:32am On Sep 18, 2021
Good morning house.
Please, can a family of three in Canada (the child is less than 2years) survive with $1500 every month without house rent or house utilities like, heat, internet etc.

Also, can someone switch from visiting visa to spouse open work permit inside Canada, if the partner is a student.

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2021
BunmiBie:
Good morning house.
Please, can a family of three in Canada (the child is less than 2years) survive with $1500 every month without house rent or house utilities like, heat, internet etc.

Also, can someone switch from visiting visa to spouse open work permit inside Canada, if the partner is a student.

Thanks

Yes. 1500 is okay if not paying house rent or bills. And you don't take car loan. I'm not sir if you can afford daycare on that amount sha because that varies by location.

Yes to your second question.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BunmiBie: 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2021
19CannyMum:

Yes. 1500 is okay if not paying house rent or bills. And you don't take car loan. I'm not sir if you can afford daycare on that amount sha because that varies by location.

Yes to your second question.

I am considering Saskatchewan.
Thanks for the response.
Also, if is it adviceable to live on campus with my status?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
From a pirate boat �

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2021
BunmiBie:

I am considering Saskatchewan.
Thanks for the response.
Also, if is it adviceable to live on campus with my status?

I don't know much about student things. But isn't on campus accommodation not more expensive?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 6:07pm On Sep 18, 2021
Toronto people please what's the point of speed limits that nobody obeys? Speed limit 60, everybody driving 100...

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2021
19CannyMum:
Toronto people please what's the point of speed limits that nobody obeys? Speed limit 60, everybody driving 100...

Until popo catch you grin grin grin

Na Ottawa own worse pass
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shams040(m): 12:06am On Sep 19, 2021
New
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kvdag(m): 6:03am On Sep 19, 2021
Until police catch you grin grin grin. I don't joke with speed limit o, I see speed limit of 60!! I drive 59 grin grin
19CannyMum:
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jclassiq(m): 9:14am On Sep 19, 2021
I'm very excited to be here, honestly. But pls i have just one question....

So I currently work in federal government research institute in Lagos where I earn approximately 100k naira after tax, and I'm 34 year old and single.

Pls, I need anyone with experience to tell me what are my chances of emigrating to Canada by 2023?
And what exactly do I need to start doing right now?

Thanks guys. This is really encouraging.

PS. I have no savings at the moment.

Pls help me as this is really really important to me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (708) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.