Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,493 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2177835 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2021
allexy2:
Hello everyone,

I know this is the wrong thread but I'm in an urgent need now.

Please I need someone that sells Canadian dollars. I am unable to pay my tuition fees from Nigeria because of scarcity of dollar caused by COVID-19.

Please I need a recommendation of a trusted person who can sell CAD to me.

Thanks.

Why don't you talk to your bank? If you are paying for school fees there's no reason your bank can't give you dollar. Just go and fill Form A.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by RoyalDukeDon: 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2021
Hello guys! I'm new here, I got my ppr but yet to travel. I want to ask between Pharmacy technician and Environmental Technology which will favour me the most in New Brunswick in terms of Job opportunities. Note: I'm going for undergraduate diploma. I just graduated from high school. Please who knows about this province should help me with answer.
Also if I change course in same DLI hope it won't affect anything before I travel.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ciwi: 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2021
irijuola:
Hiiiiiii
I'm kinda ashamed to type this here but the kain laugh wey my Indian housemates use me laugh today warrants say make I ask for help. Whenever I cook beans or make vegetables in the shared kitchen, it smells so awful embarassed though this doesn't affect the taste. I'm a good Nigerian cook tongue. Even me perceive the shitty smell. The whole kitchen plus corridors had the stink. There was a day I prepared Afang and went for midnight shift. The next morning, the shitty stink was still in the air. Now, shame don dey catch me on top my food. I've been thinking, maybe I should just adapt and start making sandwiches, etc. Funny thing is that my Indian housemates food also smell but the smell is that of a heavily spiced 'indian' food and is 'kinda' not bad laidat. This evening, I had to spray the kitchen with air freshener, even at that, the smell is still there.

Help!!! What should I do to eradicate this smell. Note, the kitchen has vent and air conditioning.

If you’re on Instagram, check out this link.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVI-y03rGtW/?utm_medium=copy_link

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 9:23pm On Oct 17, 2021
ciwi:

If you’re on Instagram, check out this link.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVI-y03rGtW/?utm_medium=copy_link
WHy cook something that smells in the first place? If you don't cook something that smells, you don't have to get rid of any smell.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:58am On Oct 18, 2021
CountVersailles:

WHy cook something that smells in the first place? If you don't cook something that smells, you don't have to get rid of any smell.
you are not making any sense lol

28 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifywhyteman: 8:22am On Oct 18, 2021
Anybody or family going to Canada from Abuja via Ethiopian Air on 22nd Oct (coming Friday)? Need a travelling buddy for a family member please...Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by badlands: 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
seunpinky:
Boss, I have a valid Nigerian Drivers license and a valid International Drivers permit, do I still need to apply for my driving record to enable me wave g2?

I intend writing G1 next week.

any idea of the process for obtaining this international drivers license??
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Julijuli73(f): 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2021
Please Has anyone flown Lufthansa airline from Lagos to Toronto recently?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 4:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
seunpinky:
Boss, I have a valid Nigerian Drivers license and a valid International Drivers permit, do I still need to apply for my driving record to enable me wave g2?

I intend writing G1 next week.

Yes, you'll need to apply for your FRSC extract which you will present here together with your valid Nigerian driver's license to obtain a waiver for G2 test. Hope you have over 3 years driving experience otherwise you will not get the waiver. International drivers license is not required to process Canadian drivers license.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hakeemah: 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2021
Bushboy009:
E con be like na only me be Nigerian wey dy Sydney Nova Scotia .. i pray PPR Land for my brothers and sisters . If you’re coming to cape Breton university, there is a 2bedroom apt we can share . You’ll see it yourself before we pay .
Good day @Bushboy009 I am a prospective student of CBU please is there a way I can get in contact with you personally? I have some enquiries to make. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
ednut1:
she don kolo lol. Some landlords in gta dont take Nigerians because of this food issue, there houses are not well ventilated. I remembered when i stayed in a basement to use pepper and onion na wahala grin. Cook with low heat and also spray perfume grin

Yep. One landlord asked me if I cooked with onion. I answered in the affirmative. She went on to tell me how much food smell irritated her. I come dey wonder to myself; so she considers onion smell irritating. I never even add iru and stock fish.

Both of us agreed we were not meant for each other. cheesy

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
SlowlybtSurely:

Yep. One landlord asked me if I cooked with onion. I answered in the affirmative. She went on to tell me how much food smell irritated her. I come dey wonder to myself; so she considers onion smell irritating. I never even add iru and stock fish.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2021
SlowlybtSurely:

abi na same landlord ni lol. Our food and spices dey cause kasala in basements wella. Their pako houses are not well ventilated lol

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2021
allexy2:
Hello everyone,

I know this is the wrong thread but I'm in an urgent need now.

Please I need someone that sells Canadian dollars. I am unable to pay my tuition fees from Nigeria because of scarcity of dollar caused by COVID-19.

Please I need a recommendation of a trusted person who can sell CAD to me.

Thanks.

Are you in the GTA? Panfol Investment in Etobicoke is a registered company that deals with stuff like this. You can receive and send money to Nigeria. Lemonade Finance app also launched a new feature that enables you to receive money from Nigeria. Buying dollars from an anonymous platform is risky in my opinion.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by KlausMike(m): 9:08pm On Oct 18, 2021
tongue
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:08am On Oct 19, 2021
*Forwarded*
Got from a friend

SINP nominee's citizenship application rejected

I got into a bit of trouble. my citizenship application is in trouble. My citizenship application was in progress for almost 2.5 years. they asked for passport pages, fingerprint , interview etc etc . Now just on last month i got a procedural fairness letter, they want to reject my application. Their reasoning is that i did not stayed in the province that was nominate me for pr. I was an SINP candidate pr and when i came from BD i stayed in SK for a week and came to toronto. living in toronto since then. In the letter they said , i did not made any attempt to stay in the province nor i tried to contribute to the province as job or otherwise.

They said i signed as in my pnp/pr application that i will made every attempt to stay in nominated province as in good faith. but broke it with bad faith intention.

The letter is 6 pages long and with an appeal date. of course i appealed with a very good toronto lawyer, but the lawyer said honestly i will have very tough battle ahead. even if i stayed at least a year or so i would have fighting chance. i am so scared. i am loosing sleep. and finally if i lost the appeal they will cancel the application and eventually my pr. i have given 7 years to this country of my life.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dyolahh: 4:01am On Oct 19, 2021
Wow too sad
ednut1:
*Forwarded*
Got from a friend

I got into a bit of trouble. my citizenship application is in trouble. My citizenship application was in progress for almost 2.5 years. they asked for passport pages, fingerprint , interview etc etc . Now just on last month i got a procedural fairness letter, they want to reject my application. Their reasoning is that i did not stayed in the province that was nominate me for pr. I was an SINP candidate pr and when i came from BD i stayed in SK for a week and came to toronto. living in toronto since then. In the letter they said , i did not made any attempt to stay in the province nor i tried to contribute to the province as job or otherwise.

They said i signed as in my pnp/pr application that i will made every attempt to stay in nominated province as in good faith. but broke it with bad faith intention.

The letter is 6 pages long and with an appeal date. of course i appealed with a very good toronto lawyer, but the lawyer said honestly i will have very tough battle ahead. even if i stayed at least a year or so i would have fighting chance. i am so scared. i am loosing sleep. and finally if i lost the appeal they will cancel the application and eventually my pr. i have given 7 years to this country of my life.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 5:03am On Oct 19, 2021
Dyolahh:
Wow too sad
There's nothing sad about what has happened to someone who wants to cheat the system

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jam2jam: 6:02am On Oct 19, 2021
Hello guys,

I know this isn't LinkedIn but I thought its worth a shot.

I'm studying Software development at Lambton College, Toronto. I'm going into my final semester and due to start co-op (Internship) in January as a requirement for my program.

Its proving to be more difficult than I thought to find placement. Even though January seems far away, I'm getting anxious because if I'm unable to get a placement, I would have to enroll in another semester and pay its fees, for which I have not budgeted.

If anyone here has any leads, or can connect me, or refer me, or employ me, it would be really helpful.
Also, I dont have to be in Toronto, so if there are opportunities elsewhere, I'm open to that too.

You can reach out to me privately, or reply to this post or ask for my contact information.

I hope my helper gets to see this.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Shokoloko(f): 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2021
Jam2jam:
Hello guys,

I'm studying Software development at Lambton College, Toronto. I'm going into my final semester and due to start co-op (Internship) in January as a requirement for my program.

Its proving to be more difficult than I thought to find placement. Even though January seems far away, I'm getting anxious because if I'm unable to get a placement, I would have to enroll in another semester and pay its fees, for which I have not budgeted.

If anyone here has any leads, or can connect me, or refer me, or employ me, it would be really helpful.
Also, I dont have to be in Toronto, so if there are opportunities elsewhere, I'm open to that too.

You can reach out to me privately, or reply to this post or ask for my contact information.

Quickly look for the telegram group NIPCA (Nigeran IT Professionals in Canada. Search out the admins Ositaman or Chinny and ask if you can place this Advert there. Its a wonderful group and one or more people will help you there.

See if you can contact a recruiter from Recruiting in motion - they are one agency that has a preference for entry-level staff

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2021
Jam2jam:
Hello guys,

Try to reach out privately to recruiters on LinkedIn
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by depair: 7:07pm On Oct 19, 2021
Hello What can be done if IELTS expires after 4months of receiving AOR. kindly share your thought and opinions
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jam2jam: 9:40pm On Oct 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

Quickly look for the telegram group NIPCA (Nigeran IT Professionals in Canada. Search out the admins Ositaman or Chinny and ask if you can place this Advert there. Its a wonderful group and one or more people will help you there.

See if you can contact a recruiter from Recruiting in motion - they are one agency that has a preference for entry-level staff

This is great! Thank you for sharing.
I have just registered to become a member of NIPCA, so hopefully, I will be added to the Telegram group soon.
I also have checked out Recruiting in Motion, so while I wait to be added to the Telegram group, I will pop into one of their locations and discuss my needs.
Hopefully, visiting their office in person will lead to better results than my online applications have done so far.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jam2jam: 9:41pm On Oct 19, 2021
CountVersailles:

Try to reach out privately to recruiters on LinkedIn

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, this is one of the ways I currently am using to search.
I have spoken with a few recruiters, but unfortunately, it is yet to lead to a job. I still will continue with this approach tho.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Phatkayconcept: 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2021
Thanks guys
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by VinaB: 10:38pm On Oct 19, 2021
Hello Guys. I’m new here in BC, Burnaby to be precise. Please is there any WhatsApp group or Telegram group? Any suggestions on areas to rent, ideal for children

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shams040(m): 1:39am On Oct 20, 2021
hello please, I am new to Ontario, Guelph to be precise, and would like to join a WhatsApp group to connect with other people.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by portablesuzy: 10:37am On Oct 20, 2021
CountVersailles:

There's nothing sad about what has happened to someone who wants to cheat the system
oga am not sure dis person got the whole details about provincial nominee and its the most important thing about staying in the province for 2yrs or more before moving to another province i guess. Canada is a system that works you cant cheat the system in anyway it will surely come back to you peace

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by portablesuzy: 10:42am On Oct 20, 2021
MY GUY so sad to hear dis all you need is divine favour now and prayers . when it comes to provincial nominee you will have to stay in the province that nominated you. there is nothing prayers cannot do an d divine favour cry
ednut1:
*Forwarded*
Got from a friend

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanadianNaija: 10:48am On Oct 20, 2021
Sammychi90:
Good morning everyone, Please I'm looking for a room or basement for rent, my program starts Jan but I will be in Canada by first week of December . I'm willing to share a room but my budget is 350 to 400 a month. Thanks .

Looking for a room or basement where? Do you know how big Canada is?
You guys need to learn how to ask questions so that you can get answers from people that know.

Eg: “I'm a student coming to Canada in ....... Date, looking for a room or basement in ..... city. Does anyone have any leads, or could you point me to where I can find accommodation?”

To answer you:
- Search on kijiji.
- Facebook marketplace (put your destination as location when searching), search room for rent on Google + your destination.
- Ask on the Canada student visa thread, you might find someone heading to your destination or school.
- Ask here if there's a WhatsApp group for Nigerians in your city, join if there is and ask your question there. Folks might point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
portablesuzy:
MY GUY so sad to hear dis all you need is divine favour now and prayers . when it comes to provincial nominee you will have to stay in the province that nominated you. there is nothing prayers cannot do an d divine favour cry
it clearly states there it was forwarded. Its not mine. You can leave a province that nominates you after getting go ahead from them. Lets say you didn’t get a job there in 6 months. This una divine favor crap does not work in developed world. You do something wrong you go face the consequences. This obsession with religion in Nigeria is part of the reasons Nigeria is where it is today.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.