Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2178276 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 2:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
shupy:

You can always return to Nigeria where everything is lively.
grin grin
Good response lol

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kenn55: 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2021
Dollywood:
So nobody's going to talk about how boring and depressing living in Canada can be. I sometimes don't know the essence of this thread, only talks about assistance of visa applications, and so on.

I can understand the boring aspect but majority are not in that category. It depends on where you live and your social interaction even before coming to Canada.

I went to Stratford Ontario one day and I was wondering what life will be for any Nigerian who live there. It is a small city/town with probably 98% whites and these are conservative whites not ya liberal whites like you have in multi cultural cities. So if you live in those kind of places, it definitely going to be boring. There is no Nigerian or even African community there.

However I don't think anyone will be bored in places like Toronto, GTA, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, London, Ottawa in Ontario. I have never been bored. In fact, my social life improved in Canada. Before covid, there was never a dull moment except during the winter months and even at that, we still do ice skating. This summer, I did 2 barbecue events and attended 6 different more barbecues hosted by fellow Nigerians even with the covid wahala

But if someone situation gets to a point of depression, abeg just go back to Nigeria. This is because your mental health will be affected and it is not worth it.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
Dollywood:
So nobody's going to talk about how boring and depressing living in Canada can be. I sometimes don't know the essence of this thread, only talks about assistance of visa applications, and so on.
Come home now or are you under bondage? undecided Please come, I am sure Ondo state is lively and waiting for you.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dollywood(m): 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
Lesbihornest:
maybe nobody is talking about it because they are not bored and depressed.

This sounds like a you problem. Have you tried to relocate back home?

Staying alive is better than dying in silence abroad.

The stuff im saying is that, people should be aware about style of life in Canada, it's a very cold, depressive, dull and uneventful place to live for an average African. Yall should tell them what they can do to help themselves from those ruthless mental torture.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 9:52pm On Oct 26, 2021
Dollywood:

The stuff im saying is that, people should be aware about style of life in Canada, it's a very cold, depressive, dull and uneventful place to live for an average African. Yall should tell them what they can do to help themselves from those ruthless mental torture.
You should speak more for yourself and not for the average African. Some people don't even know what you are talking about. Again, like many people have said, is not by force to live in Canada. You can always go back home to Nigeria where it is lively every single day.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 11:07pm On Oct 26, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

Come home now or are you under bondage? undecided Please come, I am sure Ondo state is lively and waiting for you.

Why the attack?
Must you comment

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 11:09pm On Oct 26, 2021
Lesbihornest:
maybe nobody is talking about it because they are not bored and depressed.

This sounds like a you problem. Have you tried to relocate back home?

Staying alive is better than dying in silence abroad.

Chop knuckle grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shupy: 11:12pm On Oct 26, 2021
Dollywood:

If you are ever feeling depressed, just read Nigerian news and you'll be glad you're here. Canada is not all bed of roses but Nigeria ehn...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by casiello(m): 12:14am On Oct 27, 2021
CountVersailles:

You should speak more for yourself and not for the average African. Some people don't even know what you are talking about. Again, like many people have said, is not by force to live in Canada. You can always go back home to Nigeria where it is lively every single day.

Let's hear him out rather than get defensive and sometimes aggressive. I have a feeling that the boredom he is expressing has to do with where he is living and doesn't apply broadly. However, it's hypocritical to just dismiss him. You didnt even enquire the province he's based in and you're responding hashly to him.
No country in this world is 100 percent exciting.. The idea of this thread is to discuss the good bad and ugly of living in canada after all. Don't dismiss his comments please. We are here to help each other irrespective of whether you're in Canada or a prospect.

49 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:31am On Oct 27, 2021
Dollywood:
So nobody's going to talk about how boring and depressing ;Dliving in Canada can be. I sometimes don't know the essence of this thread, only talks about assistance of visa applications, and so on.
before you came to Canada you were aware of this.1. You chose to come .2 you did nothing about it . Download apps like alltrail, meetup etc where you can join others for different activities. Join WhatsApp groups in your province or connect with other nairalanders. People organized road trips, picnics , beach parties etc . There are Nigerian bars/joints in most cities here. If you dey find babe use dating apps. Don't stay at home and complain about boredom.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lianna2020: 3:30am On Oct 27, 2021
Honestly, no one o.
Try and get all the emotional support you need.
Dollywood:
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GoldenCrown1160: 3:57am On Oct 27, 2021
Don't Change anything before you travel.
RoyalDukeDon:
Hello guys! I'm new here, I got my ppr but yet to travel. I want to ask between Pharmacy technician and Environmental Technology which will favour me the most in New Brunswick in terms of Job opportunities. Note: I'm going for undergraduate diploma. I just graduated from high school. Please who knows about this province should help me with answer.
Also if I change course in same DLI hope it won't affect anything before I travel.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jam2jam: 6:19am On Oct 27, 2021
Hi,

Thanks for the reply and your suggestions. Yes, I already have made similar posts on LinkedIn.

I also have been contacted by a few recruiters on there and even had an interview. But so far, nothing concrete yet.

Although I have an option for a non-paid internship, but that will only be as a last resort, because it would be very difficult not having an income for at least 4 months, because I would have to leave my current part-time job for the fulltime internship.

I appreciate your input.
truthsayer009:

You should have created this post on LinkedIn itself, a lot of recruiters will reach out to you by themselves. Also post the language stack you are very familiar with and your portfolio.

Then tell people you know working as software devs to share it for on their timeline.

It should be easy for you to get non paid internships.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:16am On Oct 27, 2021
oluayebenz:

Why the attack?
Must you comment
Amebo, I follow you talk? Supporters club undecided If you no like my comment, comment your own. Biko swerve.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blurpy: 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2021
Well said. I even prefer these kind of trips in Canada than the so called fun in Nigeria where you can only catch fun in bar or night club. So tourism spice like beaches,long night drive, skidiving, cycling etc. The only way to catch fun in Nigeria is bar and clubs and it's not even healthy and stress relieving compared to the variety of fun available abroad
ednut1:
before you came to Canada you were aware of this.1. You chose to come .2 you did nothing about it . Download apps like alltrail, meetup etc where you can join others for different activities. Join WhatsApp groups in your province or connect with other nairalanders. People organized road trips, picnics , beach parties etc . There are Nigerian bars/joints in most cities here. If you dey find babe use dating apps. Don't stay at home and complain about boredom.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kenn55: 4:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
casiello:

Let's hear him out rather than get defensive and sometimes aggressive. I have a feeling that the boredom he is expressing has to do with where he is living and doesn't apply broadly. However, it's hypocritical to just dismiss him. You didnt even enquire the province he's based in and you're responding hashly to him.
No country in this world is 100 percent exciting.. The idea of this thread is to discuss the good bad and ugly of living in canada after all. Don't dismiss his comments please. We are here to help each other irrespective of whether you're in Canada or a prospect.

It's like you haven't been observing this travel section lately. Some anti abroad people push some assertions just to achieve one thing and that is to begin arguments about Nigeria is better than abroad bullshit. They no longer come direct cos people will jump and pass, they now make it look like they are asking,talking or inquiring about something genuine but the end game is to start an argument to push their narrative.

The issue of boredom is as clear as daylight for any serious person. A non yoruba person who has lived in Lagos all his life and suddenly finds himself living in Ogbomosho or any non multicultural towns will certainly be bored. A non igbo person who suddenly gets to live in Nsukka will definitely be bored there. Even at that, people with an outgoing type of personality still try to make it happen for themselves.
Are we now going to make it an issue and say Nigeria is boring?
I'm not saying the person that talked about boredom is in that category, I'm giving you an example of why the reaction is what it is.

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cyif2003(m): 6:29pm On Oct 27, 2021
Quick question although this might not b d right thread to ask.
Pls master in d uk and canada which is more easier to get (visa wise).
Going with a spouse in which of these countries will it b more favour able (visa wise)?
I just have this notion dat canada is difficult and more strict when it comes to visa…
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2021
oluayebenz:

Use your head next time before you comment.
Mumu
You know if I insult, you will not like it. But I will pass this time around. All you do on this thread is be a moral police and supporters club, fighting battles that are not yours. Don't you ever, I repeat, don't you ever mention me again. You no get work? Whether you agree with what I post or not, don't you ever quote me again in your Nairaland life. Arrant nonsense! Was I talking to you? Must you be mannerless? Avoid me please.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
oluayebenz:

I just open my gutter to say trash as usual....
Anyways I'm in for nonsense, I repeat, I will use my head before I comment and learn to mind my business and I will try to have a purpose in life.......

Yes I'm jobless, can you get me one?
What a Nitwit I am
I just corrected it for you. Go find a purpose! When you do, you won't go around insulting people who didn't insult you. South Africa, UK, Canada, USA visit visa thread na only you dey there. Where you wan go? Go ask yourself that question before putting mouth in what doesn't concern you. You are fast becoming a nuisance on this thread. Haven't seen any of your reasonable contributions, all you do is be a moral police insulting everyone. When you find a purpose, you will learn to mind your business. Now get out of my mention!

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Fatkideric: 8:21pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hey guys, I just found this thread recently. I have a couple of questions to ask.

I went to ottawa to renew my nigerian passport on the 15th of Oct, 2021. They said it takes about 6 weeks or more. However, I need it before the end of december but I have heard horror stories.

My question guys is that is there anyone here that can vouch to me that it did not take long or it will come in the stipulated time or got their own recently and when did they apply. I would appreciate the responses. Thank you in advance
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:39pm On Oct 27, 2021
oluayebenz:

Lol

Infact ehn, my mumu is out of the world...

I keep mentioning you but I want otherwise.

I really need to work on my senses
Fixed. Go work on yours first. Idiot.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dickson2000(m): 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2021
shupy:

You can always return to Nigeria where everything is lively.
grin grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dickson2000(m): 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2021
raimiade11:

Come amd join me at iyana ipaja, e dey lively
abeg make una no kee me with laugh grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Fatkideric: 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hey guys, I just found this thread recently. I have a couple of questions to ask.

I went to ottawa to renew my nigerian passport on the 15th of Oct, 2021. They said it takes about 6 weeks or more. However, I need it before the end of december but I have heard horror stories.

My question guys is that is there anyone here that can vouch to me that it did not take long or it will come in the stipulated time or got their own recently and when did they apply. I would appreciate the responses. Thank you in advance
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 2:17am On Oct 28, 2021
Nobody can vouch anything. It is what it is.

Last I heard, there was a one day service which costs an extra $200 for admin fees. I am not sure if that is still available.

If you need to travel to Naija, abike and aregbesola said, you can come home with expired kpali.

If you need it for something else, reach out to those folks and ask for extension. Even immigration grants extensions for things like this.

Fatkideric:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Fatkideric: 2:57am On Oct 28, 2021
Okay, thank you.

maziude:
Nobody can vouch anything. It is what it is.

Last I heard, there was a one day service which costs an extra $200 for admin fees. I am not sure if that is still available.

If you need to travel to Naija, abike and aregbesola said, you can come home with expired kpali.

If you need it for something else, reach out to those folks and ask for extension. Even immigration grants extensions for things like this.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Edelweiss28: 7:29am On Oct 28, 2021
[Hello, @myrace, I've been trying to send you mails but haven't gotten your approval. Pls I need your help urgently.quote author=MyRace post=102975733]Good day all,

It feels good to be posting here, having just received a Study Visa. I am trying my best to read through the thread as there is so much information to garner. However, I would like to ask a few location specific questions since I would be going to Halifax, Nova Scotia.

1. What is the best location to stay with family?

2. Which region within Halifax has the best Elementary and Middle school, as that will likely determine where we'll stay.

3, Are there specific Elementary and Middle schools that can be recommended?

4. Is there a Whatsapp or Telegram f=group I can join?

Thank you all so much as I await your kind responses[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.