Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,664 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

A Maiden's New Year (poem) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Maiden's New Year (poem) (335 Views)

Dka Annual Short Story Competition 2023 (maiden Edition) / The Winner Of The 2018 Maiden Edition Of Isaac Egbuniro Literary Prize Announced / Apply For The Maiden Edition Of Isaac Egbuniro Prize 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Maiden's New Year (poem) by storypoet(m): 1:47am On Jan 01, 2019
The season arrived again In its busy wind Clashing bud against bud In its fury movement I have likewise been shaken by the season ‘Cause I salute the young year with my shrill cry With a river of tears Drowning my maiden face like the Titanic How will I suckle a baby in my virgin breast? Fatherless child of a living father How will I bear my shame to Mama Who is my baby fatther Solo? Jerry? Jeff? I was their season’s ride Solo first tore my innocence That cold night, my back was on the rustic grass His strength above me Danced the melody of crickets And the moon above us was the torch bearer His thrusts soaked me in a pool of blood and tears While his promises were a heavy Downpour in a harmatarn night I will buy you motor I will buy you chocolate I will buy you an elephant Promises my eyes never met It was a painful pleasure That turned me into an Oliver Twist And Jerry’s bait caught me And likewise did I find my back on the grass For Jeff It all did not exceed the seventh day And I drowned in my own pool of shame

published on the following link
https://storypoet.com/2019/01/01/a-maidens-new-year/

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get A Press Card? / Bless A Young's Hustle / Democracy Is The Pursuit Of Mediocrity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.