Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,467 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:54 PM

Adekunle Gold’s Dad Becomes Lagos State’s Secretary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adekunle Gold’s Dad Becomes Lagos State’s Secretary (1048 Views)

16-year-old Student, Jemimah Marcus Becomes Lagos One-day Governor / PDP Expel State Secretary In Anambra / What Will Happen To Tinubu If Otedola Becomes Lagos Next Governor – Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adekunle Gold’s Dad Becomes Lagos State’s Secretary by Earlytrends: 3:12am On Jan 01, 2019

https://360lumia.com.ng/entertainment/adekunle-golds-dad-becomes-lagos-states-secretary/
Adekunle Gold announce the appointment of his dad as Lagos state permanent secretary by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode today.

Just like they say it’s never too late for ones life to turn around even on new year’s eve, his dad witnessed the efficacy of the statement today.

Adekunle Gold however however found himself in dripping tears of joy when he got the information. He couldn’t contain his excitement as he recounts all that his father has been through in the past years.

Read the wonderful quote below.

Growing up, I watched my dad worked so hard for too little. Teachers weren’t big earners. But my dad, with the help of my mum, provided everything all 4 of us needed – maybe not wanted, but definitely needed.
I remember when my dad went to Uniben for his first degree. My sisters and I were very young, and communication with him was pretty much impossible, because it was before the era of cellphones. We only saw him when he had school breaks.

He finished as the best in his class with a distinction in Fine Arts, Painting & Graphics Major. He was part of the team that co-wrote the module for teachers at one time. Everyday, after his primary assignment as a Fine Arts teacher in Keke High School, he would go to Teachers’ College to teach other teachers.

He was willing to do whatever it would take to make extra money to fend for us and build a house for us to live in. I almost forgot – he is a published writer. Brilliant Man!

My dad didn’t literally sit me down to teach me great values and diligence. Luckily, he didn’t have to, because I saw it in him everyday.
He has given so much of himself, and truly values the opportunity to be serving the government and every school he’s worked at as either teacher, VP or principal. He’s won about 30 awards for his selfless service to the state.My Dad. A Man!

A man that refuses to cut corners, believes in hard work and is known for his integrity. He always said to me; “Your name is precious, you must protect it!”
Hard as it might be to believe, I can honestly say I’ve never seen him disobey traffic rules or give bribe.
When other principals allowed people use their schools for special centres,
my dad said no. He said – “I have been in service for far too long to let quick money ruin my reputation.” His dream has always been to become a Permanent Secretary of Lagos state. It was his dream, it was also mine for him.
In this moment, this 56 year old brilliant man’s dream is now his reality. Today, I sat in the audience, and I listened as they read out loud, his achievements. I watched as he was sworn in as a Tutor General/Permanent Secretary for Education.

So I cried today, but they were happy tears.
Re: Adekunle Gold’s Dad Becomes Lagos State’s Secretary by ayoncox: 3:34am On Jan 01, 2019
Adekunle you emergence and the diligence of your father worked it out. Thanks be to God
Re: Adekunle Gold’s Dad Becomes Lagos State’s Secretary by ImperialYoruba: 3:39am On Jan 01, 2019
Congrats!

Perm Sec in Lagos Civil Service is above skill level of a Governor in SE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Gold’s Dad Becomes Lagos State’s Secretary by 9jahotblog: 5:50am On Jan 01, 2019
hmmmm so inspiring. really hard work pays.
Re: Adekunle Gold’s Dad Becomes Lagos State’s Secretary by PassingShot(m): 6:08am On Jan 01, 2019
“Your name is precious, you must protect it!”

Good name is better than gold and silver.

Someone needs to drum this saying into Atiku's and Atikulooted brains' ears.
Re: Adekunle Gold’s Dad Becomes Lagos State’s Secretary by asfrank(m): 6:17am On Jan 01, 2019
papa God done pick call...
Re: Adekunle Gold’s Dad Becomes Lagos State’s Secretary by helinues: 6:18am On Jan 01, 2019
Wow.

So his dad is also a guru.

Lucky family
Re: Adekunle Gold’s Dad Becomes Lagos State’s Secretary by mungoparks: 9:42am On Jan 01, 2019
and? undecided
Re: Adekunle Gold’s Dad Becomes Lagos State’s Secretary by Lagosfinder(m): 10:30am On Jan 01, 2019
Onward Lagos
Re: Adekunle Gold’s Dad Becomes Lagos State’s Secretary by TalkBazemedia: 2:00am On Mar 19, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Is The Only True Nigerian I Have Seen - Rotimi Amaechi (LEAKED TAPE) / Onnoghen: Lawyers, Csos, Others Mobilize 220 Million Nigerians For Killer Punch / 2019: 10,000 Prostitutes Endorse Atiku, Declare Free Sex In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.