Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria (49177 Views)

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 01, 2019
The important question now is WHEN WILL WE START MANUFACTURING OUR OWN PLANES??

aint we tired of consuming in Africa?

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2019
badmrkt:
more wicked than Hausas and Yorubas even Igbos??

Bro chill... That's why I said "some".

I lived in Uyo for 3 good years and I met some good Akwa-ibomites tho. What I luv about your people sha na their food and round shaped curvaceous women cool

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by otokx(m): 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2019
How many of the suffering masses of Akwa Ibom can buy the air ticket of the new airline?
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by AnthonyAk(m): 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2019
Might be a really good look. There are seldom flights from ph to calabar/uyo If he can run that route steady it may survive yet
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by ProdigyUMS4: 2:01pm On Jan 01, 2019
This is a welcome one. All we need is sustainance, continuity!

The central government should take a blueprint from this and do same for the National carriers.
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by patrickmuf(m): 2:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
My own Governor promised Deep seaport, we no see...
He shouted super highway, we never see, him don almost clear our timber finish...
He made noise with Calapharm, we never see.
He signed MoU for CaliAir, we still dey wait...
Garment Factory is yet to fully take off...
Ayade is a conman...

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by princeuzoh: 2:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
The branding is poor pls! Give them a classic unique branding with better colour combination pls. it is very important
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by micah04: 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
The dethronement of Lagos by Akwa Ibom state as the best state in Nigeria is just a matter of a decade...I don't care who agrees with me....I'm not from Akwa Ibom though but I just love the rapid development taking place in the state..

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 01, 2019
The government shouldn't manage that airline. They should concession it to a private firm. Just like Ethiopian Airlines.

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by biobio111: 2:16pm On Jan 01, 2019
Make una no buy second hand aeroplane.
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by Afamed: 2:16pm On Jan 01, 2019
baliyubla:
This is a Governor that's knows what he's doing unlike one dullard.

Meanwhile, we are already in January, but yet to see the Nigerian Air the Lifeless and his son Hadi Sirika promised Nigeria by December.
Your beloved evil PDP grounded the Nigeria Airways
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by audujosh(m): 2:22pm On Jan 01, 2019
Scam
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by sammie99: 2:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
Buhari scammed Nigeria with national carrier, just look at a governor doing what a president cannot do. Udom emmauel 4 continuity

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by StudyCrestLtd: 2:26pm On Jan 01, 2019
I still wonder why our leaders neglects basics and move to show off. A lot of our environs/neighbourhoods are shams, dusty, dirty, rough, ugly but yet they get involve in show offs
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by na2016: 2:27pm On Jan 01, 2019
AnthonyAk:
Might be a really good look. There are seldom flights from ph to calabar/uyo If he can run that route steady it may survive yet

You really dont sound as if you know what you are saying. What is the minimum distance required for a flight? PH you or calabar isn't a viable route for any airline.
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by 4Play(m): 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
You would think that decades of seeing the poor outcomes from government run enterprises would teach people the lesson that no Nigerian government - state or Federal - has any business running a business. The country is doomed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by mrpeps(m): 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
Another state airline bound and sealed for doom...when will the govt realise that any govt owned or event partly owned is not gonna succeed.

Privately owned airline are barely surviving and even the most promising was taken over by AMCON.

Here are the problems that will kill the airline already even before it started.

1. NEPOTISM: known family members, friends and allies given job they are not qualified for.

2. CHANGE IN POWER: Each adminstration does not follow continuity, many administration comes to power and remove former employees with old adminstration because of loyality and favours.

3. MISMANAGENT: This also comes in for of financial remittances, many government owned establishment gives free waivers for top ranking individuals...many people will not pay air fares all in the name of shabi its govt owned and I am part of the govt.

4: CORRUPTION: well you already know this.

It is just gonna fail.

3 Likes

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by Blackfire(m): 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
Fake news....

PDP and lies
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by AnthonyAk(m): 2:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
na2016:

You really dont sound as if you know what you are saying. What is the minimum distance required for a flight? PH you or calabar isn't a viable route for any airline.

Says who? It's just now that the road between the two is much better. But I have flown from ph to calabar multiple times.
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by Ikpongiton: 2:39pm On Jan 01, 2019
there is a lot of work to do on land,like uyo -etinan -eket road and other unfinished projects like ikot ekpene -uyo road . he should know that ,anybody who can not perfectly walk on land can not fly on air .

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by na2016: 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
AnthonyAk:

Says who? It's just now that the road between the two is much better. But I have flown from ph to calabar multiple times.

And I ask you, which airline does that? I am not talking of a connecting flight ooo.
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by AnthonyAk(m): 2:47pm On Jan 01, 2019
na2016:

And I ask you, which airline does that? I am not talking of a connecting flight ooo.

ADC had that route when I was in secondary school 45mins.

I believe I used Chanchangi once as well
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by Ikpongiton: 2:54pm On Jan 01, 2019
badmrkt:
Pls Akwa-ibomites on this forum do you guys have any reasons not to vote Udom? If yes state them here pls...for me I'd vote for him, but I no dey dia. God bless my state..
please tell him to finish uyo -etinan road that is on ground,before he start to fly in the air .
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by Atouke: 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
na2016:

The goal for a start should be to service the southern zone. With the 3 aircraft, lagos to uyo and Abuja to Uyo and Uyo to lagos and uyo to abuja.

In between these routes will be stop over or connecting flights in any of the airports in Asaba, owerri, port harcourt, calabar and benin when necessary.
There will be enough bussiness to keep this airline running and profitable if it is well managed.

Lagos to Uyo can add a stopover in PH, Uyo to Abuja can add a stopover in calabar.
That provides a PH to Calabar passenger a connection. Untill the demand grows enough for a dedicated route.

They can repeat those stopovers in all the southern routes for easier onnection where neccessary.

CRJ 900 their choice of aircraft is Apt for this types of short connections. Its modern aircraft and very fuel efficient and can carry 78 to 90 passengers depending on seating configuration.
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by Guestlander: 3:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
Kobicove:
A state government has no business going into the business of running an airline undecided

If they are serious about it this could actually be a good investment. Ethiopian airlines was started by the government.

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by icedbreez(m): 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2019
michoim:
Not addressing the urgent need of the masses ...

That is a revenue earner bro...THINK.

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by Atouke: 3:18pm On Jan 01, 2019
Udom is working seriously.

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
icedbreez:

That is a revenue earner bro...THINK.

Nsuto revenue?!

Akwa Ibom doesn't need an airline. What she needs is to create industrial estates in each senatorial district, tax waivers for industrialists and 24/7 electricity. Profit margins in the aviation industry are slim and very few airlines churn out profits year-in-year-out.

However, if he's bent on doing this, then he should let the British or Singaporeans manage it.
Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by Atouke: 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2019
Gerrard59:

Nsuto revenue?!

Akwa Ibom doesn't need an airline. What she needs is to create industrial estates in each senatorial district, tax waivers for industrialists and 24/7 electricity. Profit margins in the aviation industry are slim and very few airlines churn out profits year-in-year-out.

However, if he's bent on doing this, then he should let the British or Singaporeans manage it.

You are misguided. How will those industral estate survive without a fast link to the state?

When will Nigerians learn to manage thier own businesses everything cannot be foreign owned. African/nigerians must learn to be efficient managers.

Akwa ibom state generates 191 MW of electricity via Ibom power plant. A major IPP in the state. And there is ongoing expansion to 600MW. Qua ibo power plant project with 500MW capacity is also on going in the state.
FYI
Akwa ibom is already home to a budding industrial hub. It is current leader in foreign direct investment in the country second only to lagos state.
Google https://www.nairaland.com/4931692/onna-industrial-corridor-budding-new

2 Likes

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by plaetton: 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
Visionless leaders.
A white elephant investment dead on arrival.

I 'm betting money that in maximum of 5yrs, this stuupid investment will incur huge debts for Akwa Ibom.

Running a successful and profitable airline is difficult enough for professional profit oriented companies, talkless of a corrupt state government in the most corrupt nation in the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by na2016: 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Atouke:

The goal for a start should be to service the southern zone. With the 3 aircraft, lagos to uyo and Abuja to Uyo and Uyo to lagos and uyo to abuja.

In between these routes will be stop over or connecting flights in any of the airports in Asaba, owerri, port harcourt, calabar and benin when necessary.
There will be enough bussiness to keep this airline running and profitable if it is well managed.

Lagos to Uyo can add a stopover in PH, Uyo to Abuja can add a stopover in calabar.
That provides a PH to Calabar passenger a connection. Untill the demand grows enough for a dedicated route.

They can repeat those stopovers in all the southern routes for easier onnection where neccessary.

CRJ 900 their choice of aircraft is Apt for this types of short connections. Its modern aircraft and very fuel efficient and can carry 78 to 90 passengers depending on seating configuration.

I am not talking about the choice of aircraft. My major concern is a state government going into something that will not benefit any common man in akwa ibom. You couldnt manage AKTC and now u r talking of managing an airline. Is that not foolishness?

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria by Atouke: 3:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
na2016:

I am not talking about the choice of aircraft. My major concern is a state government going something that will not benefit any common man in akwa ibom. You couldnt manage AKTC and now u r talking of managing an airline. Is that not foolishness?
AkTC is well managed, stop hasty generalization.
AKTC has been around since late 80 early 90s when i was a kid and still running till today.

An airline will benefit the common man a lot. It will create jobs and will bring tourist and investors to the state, who will inturn add vale to our economy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This The True State Of Imo First Flyover? - Photos / What Will You Do if you find your international passport like this? (photo) / Inside A Private Boeing 767 Chartered By Saudi Ambassador That Costs N10.8m/hr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.