Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Does God Really Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Exist? (2089 Views)

Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? / Did God Really Write The Bible? / Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Really Exist? by frebike: 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2010
note:please give your answers with realistic proofs.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Pukkah: 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2010
You must have taken a position on this before making this post. Whatever the position, the burden of proof is on you to sell your viewpoint. If you believe that God does not exist, which is what one may suspect from your post, you should state the reasons why you think so and then expect us to either support or refute your position with 'realistic proofs'.

Again, you may want to take another approach of bashing the arguments of those of us who believe in God and then expect us to defend ourselves.

Either way, you should bell the cat. Waiting.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:18pm On Aug 08, 2010
Silly thread. No one can "realistically" prove or disprove the existence of God. We've gone through all this a 1000 times before, so this thread should die a quick death.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by manmustwac(m): 8:31pm On Aug 08, 2010
if it can't be proven that he exists then he dosen't exist
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Iyineda(m): 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2010
frebike:

note:please give your answers with realistic [size=14pt]proofs[/size].

Topic failed right thar.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 08, 2010
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2010
Nonsense thread. Seems the dude(thread author) is new here. The God issue have been discussed couple of times since i became a member of NL from 2006 to date, with the atheists,theists,deists&skeptics sticking with their respective opinions. @ op, its now left to u to tell us a new thing about the subject&also tell me where u stand as regards Gods existence/otherwise b4 i discuss with u. Im waiting.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by frebike: 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2010
Goodday nairalanders,i really applause everyone of you,for having contributed on the subject matter.the subject has been a controversial issue in the world at large and have affected us either positive or negative base on our beliefs,ideas and thoughts. Many thinks that God does not exist,while inreverse,many also diagree to it.most especially,this has been the major problem affecting Africans and Nigerians and not just corruption.Let take examples scientifically, from our societies,neighbourhoods,peer-groups,even our families both nuclear and extended.you will find out that many lack the knowledge of God and of his existence,unlike as it is here on nairaland.i posted the subject,in other to carry out a proven experiment,which in discovery,it's a proof to what am saying. my dear,there is a living God who is not known by all,whom i strongly believe in.He is the self existing God,who loves you to give you the best in life.see ref:jn 4:24;num 19:23;jer 29:11;23:23.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2010
@poster, I have found out that God exists, but he does not wish anyone including the Devil to know his present whereabouts grin So take it from me, he could be popping out of a rice bowl in China someday grin
Re: Does God Really Exist? by blackcypha(m): 4:14am On Aug 11, 2010
shoooo,
overflogged issue!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by yommyuk: 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2010
Let me give a simple illustration.

In Nigeria, there is a boy named Joe who is a student of UNILAG. 90% of the students of UNILAG drink wine. Relative to this information, it is highly probable that Joe drinks wine. However suppose Joe is a christian and 95% of the christians in UNILAG don't drink wine. Suddenly the probability of Joe's being a drinker of wine is dramatically reversed!

But the real question is whether God's existence is improbable relative to the total evidence available. I'm persuaded that when you consider the total evidence, God's existence is probable without a doubt smiley
Re: Does God Really Exist? by LAGOS1976: 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2010
Yes he does,i am proff.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by niceguy10: 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2010
Poster, you must be a Mad man 4 posting this here, if God Does not Exist in your Life maybe Satan does!!!!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by sprayer(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2010
Certainly, this is a question that would amaze anyone who has ever designed a thing or planned an event.

Every man-made object we see around us or use, has a design.
If there is a design, certainly, there is a designer.

If you have ever used a car or entered into an airplane, ship or a new car you will certainly appreciate the elegance and importance of designs. There would never be a design if there never was a designer.

Now, if these things made by man amaze anyone for whatever reasons, wouldn't we agree that man himself must have been made (designed) by a designer?

Look at the similarity between the human brain and the computer, the human eyes and the camera and several other things around us. These are all enough proofs that somewhere out there, there is a supreme designer and indeed a creator who creates all things visible and otherwise, little or great earthly or heavenly.

If you still doubt the existence of God (the grand creator), answer this question: Did you design and create yourself?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by nancyekpoh(f): 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2010
yes God exist
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 24, 2010
God is in the "I" of the beholder . . .
Re: Does God Really Exist? by harakiri(m): 8:30am On Aug 24, 2010
@poster. . . Don't bother yourself asking this question coz most of the religious zombies here would rather kill you than take a step back to think about things. I have flogged this issue tireslessly with the likes of MAZAJE and TUDOR. The replies are usual the irrational-childish-off key-thread derailing posts you see here. I even went to another forum to open a very comprehensive inquiry to this same question. I am using my phone 2 type so i cant post links but you can google 'harakiri religion naijapals'. Type it out like that and search. Its all there. Cheers.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by harakiri(m): 8:45am On Aug 24, 2010
In between, the thread is now quite long and as expected, tons of kindergarten comments but it would be best to read from page one to grasp the whole thing. Cheers.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2010
No one can help the fish in the ocean to find the water. . .

No one can (really) help you to find God . . .
Re: Does God Really Exist? by matoyeh(m): 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Does God Really Exist? by dejiariyo1: 7:59pm On Aug 24, 2010
Poster i Think you shud ask christians and muslim where was the foreign God when pastor bimbo odukoya was killed in a plane crash and where was this God when 500 thousand innocent pple got killed in haiti earth Quake.

Mind you they will avoid that question as usual, and to the Muslims where is the God 4 million pple have being affected by flood in pakistan? or are they not praying enough?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2010
deji.ariyo:

Poster i Think you shud ask christians and muslim where was the foreign God when pastor bimbo odukoya was killed in a plane crash and where was this God when 500 thousand innocent pple got killed in haiti earth Quake.

Mind you they will avoid that question as usual, and to the Muslims where is the God 4 million pple have being affected by flood in pakistan? or are they not praying enough?
Whatever is TRULY alive on the earth plane must die. . .

Death is a NATURAL part of life. . .

Death does not NEGATE [/b]the existence of God, in fact it [b]AFFIRMS it. . .
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2010
deji.ariyo:

On the street I saw a naked [/b]child, [b]hungry [/b]and [b]shivering [/b]in the cold.

I became [b]angry [/b]and said to God, "[b]Why [/b]do you permit this? [b]Why [/b]don't you do something?"

For a while God said [b]nothing

That night he replied, quite suddenly, "I certainly did something. I made you."
Re: Does God Really Exist? by harakiri(m): 10:54pm On Aug 24, 2010
@imhotep. . . I'm quite sure you believe you made a 'logical' argument. This is why i don't post regularly on nl anymore. The forum is being over run by retards! And i thought someone going by an eygptian deity id such as 'imhotep' would have more than enough basic ancient history to know better. Good grief! ! !
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 24, 2010
harakiri:

@imhotep. . . I'm quite sure you believe you made a 'logical' argument. !

You will have realized by now that God is not [/b]fully revealed in the realm of [b]LOGIC.

===================MORE "LOGIC" FOR YOU=================
The words of the scholar [/b]are [b]to be understood.

The words of the master [/b]are [b]not to be understood.

They are to be listened to as one listens to the wind in the trees and the sound of the river and the song of the bird.

They will awaken something within the heart that is[b] beyond all knowledge[/b].
Re: Does God Really Exist? by dejiariyo1: 12:28am On Aug 25, 2010
imhotep:

On the street I saw a unclothed [/b]child, [b]hungry [/b]and [b]shivering [/b]in the cold.

I became [b]angry [/b]and said to God, "[b]Why [/b]do you permit this? [b]Why [/b]don't you do something?"

For a while God said [b]nothing

That night he replied, quite suddenly, "I certainly did something. [b]I made you.[/b]"

Dude, are you sure God said that to you? WTF

Anyway i believe in God but just not a God that will punish me for what he created nah, and why shud i believe in christanity or islam when i can practise my religion as an african?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 25, 2010
deji.ariyo:

Dude, are you sure God said that to you? WTF

Anyway i believe in God but just not a God that will punish me for what he created nah, and why shud i believe in christanity or islam when i can practise my religion as an african?

An elderly woman who was an enthusiastic gardener believed that all that was needed to control the weather was prayer.

Then one summer, while she was away on a foreign trip, a drought hit the land and wiped out her entire garden. She was so upset when she got back that she changed her religion.

(Morale: She should have changed her unfounded beliefs.)
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Dolemite(f): 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2010
God exists in your brain, God is dopamine. grin
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Zodiac61(m): 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2010
You can neither prove nor disprove the existence of god or gods. But then, you can neither prove nor disprove the existence of the flying spaghetti monster, yet, no one in his right mind would say that that the flying spaghetti monster exists.
Seeking realistic proofs one way or the other is, frankly, dishonest.
A god who exists in the eye of the beholder is just that - a figment of the beholder's imagination. That is not evidence of the existence of god.
The evidence (scientific) so far points to the fact that there are no gods. Having said that, no atheist would ever say that there is no god. The best that can be said is that there is no evidence for the existence of god.
Contrary to posts on this forum from some ignorant theists, most atheists are rational people who believe in scientific methods. the day there is a compelling proof of the existence of god, most atheists would at the very list become deists. Of course, it is extremely unlikely that any such proof will ever be forthcoming.
imhotep:

You will have realized by now that God is not [/b]fully revealed in the realm of [b]LOGIC.

===================MORE "LOGIC" FOR YOU=================
The words of the scholar [/b]are [b]to be understood.

The words of the master [/b]are [b]not to be understood.

They are to be listened to as one listens to the wind in the trees and the sound of the river and the song of the bird.

They will awaken something within the heart that is[b] beyond all knowledge[/b].

These kind of statements are meaningless in the context of whether god exists. They do not move the argument forward. A god not revealed in the realm of logic has to be a very subjective being - meaning different things to different people depending on how they perceive him/her/it. Clearly does not help in determining whether god exists. There cannot be anything "beyond all knowledge". These are the type of meaningless phrases that are bandied around in these kinds of discussions. They are are meaningless to the point of dishonesty.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 25, 2010
Zodiac61:

You can neither prove nor disprove the existence of god or gods. But then, you can neither prove nor disprove the existence of the flying spaghetti monster, yet, no one in his right mind would say that that the flying spaghetti monster exists.
Seeking realistic proofs one way or the other is, frankly, dishonest.
A god who exists in the eye of the beholder is just that - a figment of the beholder's imagination. That is not evidence of the existence of god.
The evidence (scientific) so far points to the fact that there are no gods. Having said that, no atheist would ever say that there is no god. The best that can be said is that there is no evidence for the existence of god.
Contrary to posts on this forum from some ignorant theists, most atheists are rational people who believe in scientific methods. the day there is a compelling proof of the existence of god, most atheists would at the very list become deists. Of course, it is extremely unlikely that any such proof will ever be forthcoming.These kind of statements are meaningless in the context of whether god exists. They do not move the argument forward. A god not revealed in the realm of logic has to be a very subjective being - meaning different things to different people depending on how they perceive him/her/it. Clearly does not help in determining whether god exists. There cannot be anything "beyond all knowledge". These are the type of meaningless phrases that are bandied around in these kinds of discussions. They are are meaningless to the point of dishonesty. 

Philosopher: Why are you so wary of thought? Thought is the one tool we have for organizing [/b]the world".

[b]Master:
True. But thought can organize the world so well that you are no longer able to see it".

Philosopher: How do you mean?

Master: "A thought is a screen, not a mirror; that is why you live in a thought envelope, untouched by Reality".
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Zodiac61(m): 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2010
imhotep:

Philosopher: Why are you so wary of thought? Thought is the one tool we have for organizing [/b]the world".

[b]Master:
True. But thought can organize the world so well that you are no longer able to see it".

Philosopher: How do you mean?

Master:  "A thought is a screen, not a mirror; that is why you live in a thought envelope, untouched by Reality".
More meaningless statements untouched by reality. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 25, 2010
Zodiac61:

More meaningless statements untouched by reality. grin grin grin grin grin

. . . untouched by R[/b]eality, with a capital "[b]R" . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wahhabism And Neo Salafism / What Is The Point Of Christianity? / Name Of The Gospel Artist For Thjs Song? If I Had 10 000 Songs To Sing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.