Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? (28537 Views)

What Country Can I Migrate To With 7 Million Naira / I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. / "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by bettyLad(f): 1:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
Focusmind:
Are you married or single parent? You can start the Canadian federal skill immigration programme that has taken large chunk of Nigeria middle class.

Most of my friends have relocated but I am not cut out for this abroad stuff. I wouldn't want to go and start life afresh at this my age and I seems comfortable here. God has been kind to me so far.

I believe that when my kids grows up, they will find their level. I don't need to deny myself some comfort and luxury just because I want my kids to have a better future. I need to enjoy my life why still young.

I travel and come back and can't enjoy a better place than Nigeria despite all our problems.

Start the process for Canada PR, it may take 3 to 5 years for you to be issued with permanent resident card.

Ensure you have sufficient fund, upwards of 4m and above in your account. Get your hubby to be involve to speed up the process.
you mean it might take 3-5 years to get Canada permanent resident visa from Nigeria ? are you talking about the duration of the process from Nigeria or when one land Canada ?
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by bettyLad(f): 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2019
biggestmanhood:
go to Canada and thank me later,i am currently there and gainfully employed there

share ideas, did u go through study means or express entry ?
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by biggestmanhood(m): 1:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
bettyLad:

share ideas, did u go through study means or express entry ?
express entry
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by bettyLad(f): 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2019
biggestmanhood:
express entry

please share ideas on how you did it, did you use an agent ? my husband wanted to start Canada or Australia process agent in Ikeja lagos are charging us 1.8million which I'm not even sure of the success rate sef.
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by biggestmanhood(m): 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2019
bettyLad:

please share ideas on how you did it, did you use an agent ? my husband wanted to start Canada or Australia process agent in Ikeja lagos are charging us 1.8million which I'm not even sure of the success rate sef.
b very careful when dealing with agent 70% of them are thieves, am talking from experience
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by Focusmind: 6:38am On Jan 04, 2019
bettyLad:

you mean it might take 3-5 years to get Canada permanent resident visa from Nigeria ? are you talking about the duration of the process from Nigeria or when one land Canada ?

Duration it takes from starting the process in Nigeria and receiving it from the embassy in nigeria. Some could be longer.
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by bettyLad(f): 11:51am On Jan 04, 2019
Focusmind:

Duration it takes from starting the process in Nigeria and receiving it from the embassy in nigeria. Some could be longer.
wow .I didnt even know it takes this long ,and some agent will say 4-6months , this people are so full of lies. only God can save us from Nigeria Agents
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by FocusedB1h(f): 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2019
nurex01:
If you can study Medicine/Nursing/Physiotherapy and try Canada.
What about medical radiography?
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by adesbaba: 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2019
bettyLad:

wow .I didnt even know it takes this long ,and some agent will say 4-6months , this people are so full of lies. only God can save us from Nigeria Agents

Express entry process is done and dusted maximum of 8 months...Infact most times its average of 6 months once all needed docs are ready..IELTS results,ECA and co....if u av those 2 already go start now this January.. By September /October you will be in cannyland....

Just budget #600k roughly ,for all processes ,if u are doing it fr yourself n not including ur hubny or kids or wife..but rem to have roughly #3.6m as proof of living expenses fund sha....

Stay 4 years straight in cannyland and apply fr citizenship..... Then u can now come back to naija...but u v given your kids lifetime opportunities, that's if u include them in ur application....

Note'..You dont need an agent for the process at all..... You can do it yourself...

Are you blessed?lolz

Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by bettyLad(f): 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2019
adesbaba:

Express entry process is done and dusted maximum of 8 months...Infact most times its average of 6 months once all needed docs are ready..IELTS results,ECA and co....if u av those 2 already go start now this January.. By September /October you will be in cannyland....

Just budget #600k roughly ,for all processes ,if u are doing it fr yourself n not including ur hubny or kids or wife..but rem to have roughly #3.6m as proof of living expenses fund sha....

Stay 4 years straight in cannyland and apply fr citizenship..... Then u can now come back to naija...but u v given your kids lifetime opportunities, that's if u include them in ur application....

Note'..You dont need an agent for the process at all..... You can do it yourself...

Are you blessed?lolz
thanks for this information, I'm really glad . I want to start the process and my husband and kids ll b involve, what's the first step first ? I guess hubby and I will have to write the IELTS first before any step?
I have gone through the Canada express entry thread and most of the abbreviated words are confusing me .I dont understand what most people are saying there that was why I wanted to use an agent
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by nurex01(m): 12:52am On Jan 05, 2019
FocusedB1h:

What about medical radiography?

It's also nice madame

Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by Engr2000: 10:00am On Jan 05, 2019
bettyLad:

Most of the Visa you get from agent is Temporary Resident Visa.

What you need is Immigrant Visa (PR), there is a thread on nairaland for Canadian Express Entry follow it Bumper to Bumper. If you need more clarifications you can PM some of the active guys on the thread excluding me.

May your dreams come to pass this year!
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by adesbaba: 11:27am On Jan 05, 2019
bettyLad:

thanks for this information, I'm really glad . I want to start the process and my husband and kids ll b involve, what's the first step first ? I guess hubby and I will have to write the IELTS first before any step?
I have gone through the Canada express entry thread and most of the abbreviated words are confusing me .I dont understand what most people are saying there that was why I wanted to use an agent

Smiles...its no problem ma...

Yes ,You and hubby will write IELTS and then immediately go start ur ECA- Educational Credential Assessment for you and your husband. ..Evaluate your highest qualifications ...if u have bsc and MSC .evaluate only your msc...

The ECA can take up to 3 months or less depending on your university... You tell the skul to send your transcript to either WES or ICES depends on ur choice...

Also for the IELTS,pls give it your best shot especially the listening aspect...cos from my observation ,that aspect drops ones marks a lot...

Then, also for Proof of Fund(POF) for living expenses.Depends on the total no of ppl involved in the process... I.e. you,your husband and kids..if its a family of 6(4 kids,hubby n u) u need approximately 9 million for that .....meaning,you need to present a 6 month bank statement showing minimum of #9m ...

You will be spending approximately #1.3m for processing for 6 of u.....

So when your IELTS result is out and ur ECA is ready,just go to CIC website and fill in the form for ur interest, then there is a cut-off points for ITA(Invitation To Apply) which is arnd 440 ...then if you meet the points for the draw,you will be invited to apply...

Pls lemme stop here

Feel free to ask your questions pls....

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by slydog(m): 4:36am On Feb 10, 2019
adesbaba:

Smiles...its no problem ma...

Yes ,You and hubby will write IELTS and then immediately go start ur ECA- Educational Credential Assessment for you and your husband. ..Evaluate your highest qualifications ...if u have bsc and MSC .evaluate only your msc...

The ECA can take up to 3 months or less depending on your university... You tell the skul to send your transcript to either WES or ICES depends on ur choice...

Also for the IELTS,pls give it your best shot especially the listening aspect...cos from my observation ,that aspect drops ones marks a lot...

Then, also for Proof of Fund(POF) for living expenses.Depends on the total no of ppl involved in the process... I.e. you,your husband and kids..if its a family of 6(4 kids,hubby n u) u need approximately 9 million for that .....meaning,you need to present a 6 month bank statement showing minimum of #9m ...

You will be spending approximately #1.3m for processing for 6 of u.....

So when your IELTS result is out and ur ECA is ready,just go to CIC website and fill in the form for ur interest, then there is a cut-off points for ITA(Invitation To Apply) which is arnd 440 ...then if you meet the points for the draw,you will be invited to apply...

Pls lemme stop here

Feel free to ask your questions pls....

.hi Baba, kindly advice me. I just wrote my ielts and want to begin my eca. Two issues:
1/ I have a Ph.D, but a banker here in Nigeria. In terms of job search in Canada do you suggest I evaluate my PhD alone or MSC and PhD?
2. If I have to evaluate both or one, pls suggest the evaluating agency I can use..
3. I intend leaving with my fiancé, should I also evaluate her degree? We not married yet buy will before we eventually begin CIC profile creation.
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
slydog:

.hi Baba, kindly advice me. I just wrote my ielts and want to begin my eca. Two issues:
1/ I have a Ph.D, but a banker here in Nigeria. In terms of job search in Canada do you suggest I evaluate my PhD alone or MSC and PhD?
2. If I have to evaluate both or one, pls suggest the evaluating agency I can use..
3. I intend leaving with my fiancé, should I also evaluate her degree? We not married yet buy will before we eventually begin CIC profile creation.

Baba, I'm in the race for the PR too, pg from uniport as well, can we link up in pH and see how we can be of help to each other?
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by slydog(m): 9:06pm On Feb 27, 2019
kentoski:

Baba, I'm in the race for the PR too, pg from uniport as well, can we link up in pH and see how we can be of help to each other?

No probs bro. Email me
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2019
slydog:

No probs bro. Email me

Reply with your email bro.
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by slydog(m): 1:28am On Feb 28, 2019
kentoski:

Reply with your email bro.
Ssfunaya@gmail.com
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by noona(f): 10:07am On Feb 28, 2019
johnmix12:
I am a thirty four year old mother of three.

At the moment, I am gainfully self-employed. I have a B.Eng in Chemical engineering

Sick and tired of Nigeria, I want to travel abroad to give my kids, my family a better chance.

I have on my wishlist for 2019 a goal to gain admission to study a professional course in a developed country abroad.

Please I need your wisdom, Nairalanders.

1st question: Which country outside Africa, Asia, will give me peace of mind, security, comfort and lowest racism if I relocate there with my children? I’m looking for a country that will allow me to permanently live in with my kids after i’m done with my professional course.

2nd question: What professional course would you advise me to study in this country abroad to give me the best chances of living a very comfortable, very good life there.

Your replies will be deeply appreciated.

Why don't you study some professional courses online and then use it to upgrade your Cv then search for a job in the country of your choice then start processing your travelling..
Just a suggestion..
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 28, 2019
slydog:

Ssfunaya@gmail.com

I sent you a mail

Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2019
I doubt the mother of 3, the new immigrant woman living with her 3 children in America, the country which pays more than others, would survive. Being a new immigrant it's all very expensive here, including the child care and the law here is very strict, you can't leave the children at home alone and the babysitter for 3 is too expensive, working even as a professional, is not enough to afford the child care here and being a new immigrant, the lady can't get welfare and benefits on her children, not in the first years at least. My advice, if the lady wants to immigrate, she needs to leave her kids with her family and send them money for living while she is working or studying abroad, then later to bring her kids to the foreign country when she is already established and knows how much does it cost. Traveling to another country with 3 children, it could be a disaster, the developed country authorities even could take her children away if they see she has not enough for feeding them and taking care of them.
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by kimewills(f): 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2019
noona:

Why don't you study some professional courses online and then use it to upgrade your Cv then search for a job in the country of your choice then start processing your travelling..
Just a suggestion..

Great suggestion, please kindly suggest some of these courses. Thank you
Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by noona(f): 12:03am On Sep 25, 2019
kimewills:

Great suggestion, please kindly suggest some of these courses. Thank you

Check these sites,they offer cheap courses that you can take on your mobile or laptop at your own pace and time..

Udemy.com
Alison.com
Udacity.com
Coursera.com

Re: What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? by kimewills(f): 10:16am On Sep 25, 2019
noona:

Check these sites,they offer cheap courses that you can take on your mobile or laptop at your own pace and time..

Udemy.com
Alison.com
Udacity.com
Coursera.com
oh thank you so much.

Lagos Traffic: Pregnant Woman, Others Pay 500Naira Each To Cross Muddy Road(Vid) / Truck Suffers Brake Failure, Crushes Woman To Death In Lagos (Graphic) / Driver Veers Off Asa Dam Bridge In Kwara, Lands Into A River (Photos)