Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" (379131 Views)

Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert / CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / The Sincere Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48am On Jun 10, 2019
A Go-Between

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2019
Jesus Cares For You

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:57am On Jun 12, 2019
There Is Time For Everything

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:16am On Jun 13, 2019
Sufficiency In Christ Jesus

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:24pm On Jun 14, 2019
Delay Is Dangerous

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:21pm On Jun 15, 2019
I Give Unto You Power

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2019
The Reward Of Sin

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:21am On Jun 19, 2019
Doers Of The Word

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2019
Be A Soul Winner

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:35am On Jun 20, 2019
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
THURSDAY JUNE 20, 2019

BIBLE CITY - NAZARETH
TEXT: MATTHEW 2:19-23

"And He came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene" (Matthew 2:23).

Nazareth was a city during the New Testament period in the lower part of a place called Galilee. It is located in the heart of a valley surrounded by mountains. It could have remained an unknown city, but for some significant events that happened there. Firstly, it was the place where Mary and Joseph lived. Secondly, Nazareth was the city where Angel Gabriel was sent to announce the Messiah's birth to Mary. Thirdly, when Jesus was brought back from Egypt after the death of Herod who sought to kill Him, God directed Joseph to take both Mary and Jesus to Nazareth.

Also, Nazareth was the place Jesus grew from a boy to a man because He spent about thirty (30) years of His life there. This is the reason He was often referred to as Jesus of Nazareth. Although the people of Nazareth were bad and even rejected Christ's message, yet "He grew, waxed strong in Spirit, was filled with wisdom and the grace of God was upon Him." Jesus has shown us the example of how to stand strong in a corrupt and wicked society. You are to shine forth the light of the gospel where God has placed you.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, make me a shining light in my community.

FURTHER READING: Luke 4:16-24

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2019
Pray Always

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:31am On Jun 22, 2019
Study The Book

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:52pm On Jun 23, 2019
The Visit Of The Queen Of Sheba

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:51am On Jun 24, 2019
MONDAY JUNE 24, 2019

THE TRIAL OF JOB
TEXT: JOB 1:12-22

"In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly" (Job 1:22).

A story is told of a faithful servant of the Lord. He was a senior official in a government-owned oil company. He was friendly with his supervisor and other workers in the company. But suddenly, there was a misunderstanding between him and his supervisor. All his efforts to bring others in to settle the misunderstanding did not yield positive results. The worse happened one day when he resumed one morning only to be served the sack letter. He said that it was the most painful moment of his life because his children were still in secondary school.

It was sometime later that he came to know that God used the trial to save him from untimely death. The team he belonged to in the oil company from where he was sacked suffered a plane crash on their way back from a management retreat. God is good all the time, though we may not fully understand His ways.

Job was a righteous man, but he was tried. The devil knew he was faithful to God and that God had blessed him in every area of his life. As a child of God, you may face trials in your personal or family life. Trial is not sin. It is just a test of your faith in God. When you are tried, endure it. God will help you in Jesus' name.

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, I pray that You give me victory over all my trials and temptations.

FURTHER READING: James 5:10, 11

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Jun 25, 2019
TUESDAY JUNE 25, 2019

A CHANCE FOR CHANGE
TEXT: JOEL 2:11-13

"And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth Him of the evil" (Joel 2:13).

A Christian ought to be a Christian in words and in deeds. However, this is not always the case. Children who claim to be Christians have either lost their salvation experience or were never saved before. They participate in church activities, but their names are not in the Book of Life. They behave like some youths who, having been expelled from the university, yet they decided to stay with their friends on campus. Although they participate in some school activities, they have no record with the university as students. If you, in the House of God, are like these youths, there is a chance for you to change today.

The children of Israel were zealous in observing the outward religious duties, but their hearts were filled with wickedness, idolatry and disrespect for God. God, in His mercy, offered them a chance for change. He commanded them to repent of their evil ways and be His real children so that He could bless them.

When religious sinners like Nicodemus, the Woman by the well, Saul of Tarsus and Martin Luther discovered their sinful state, they turned to God. There is a chance for you today to repent and turn from your bad ways. The change other children see in your life will draw them to your Saviour.

PRAYER: Holy Father, change my life today and give me the grace to please you always.

FURTHER READING: 1 John 1:7-9

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:20pm On Jun 26, 2019
WEDNESDAY JUNE 26, 2019

THE BOTTOMLESS PIT
TEXT: REVELATION 20:1-10

"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand" (Revelation 20:1).

A bottomless pit is a pit or mine that is so deep that whatsoever is thrown inside it, keeps falling and falling for eternity without getting to the bottom. For a moment, imagine yourself being thrown into such a pit. Many people consider things like the bottomless pit to be imaginary or unreal. But as God has made Heaven so awesome and beautiful as a place of rest for those who love Him, He has also made hell so terrible and horrible as a place of punishment for those who hate Him.

Those who refuse to turn away from their sin and accept Jesus as Saviour have made a deliberate choice to go to hell. God will cast Satan, his messengers, and sinful children into the bottomless pit of hell fire. The Psalmist says, "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God" (Psalm 9:17). This is the punishment God has reserved for them. Hell is a place of punishment for the devil, his angels, and sinful boys and girls who refuse to repent. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hand of the Almighty God. What have you done for yourself, and how have you helped others to escape the punishment of hell?

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, deliver me from sin and make me a candidate of heaven.

FURTHER READING: Revelation 20:7 -10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08am On Jun 27, 2019
Solomon's Greatness

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54am On Jun 28, 2019
Tenet Before Talent

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24pm On Jun 29, 2019
SATURDAY JUNE 29, 2019

HIS WORD IN YOUR HEART
TEXT: PSALM 119:9-12

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee" (Psalm 119:11).

Your heart is the centre of your internal activities such as affection, compassion, interest, desire, emotion and temperament. The book of Proverbs commands us to guide our hearts with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life. Therefore, the Psalmist provides a solution for the proper handling of our heart. We must use the Word of God to control the activities going on in our heart.

If every friend of Jesus obeys this eternal counsel, they will never be servants to sin, self and Satan. King David learnt this truth after he was restored from his backslidden state. Jesus told His followers, "ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." This truth is the Word of God that you must keep in your heart.

Our Lord Jesus Christ always had the Word of God in His mouth. He used it to overcome Satan's temptations. To keep the Word of God in your heart: take time to read it, study it, listen to it, memorize it, meditate on it, and most importantly, obey it. It will keep you from sinning against people and God.

PRAYER: Lord God, give me the grace to read Your word daily and have it in my heart.

FURTHER READING: Joshua 1:6-8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
Bought With A Price

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:43am On Jul 02, 2019
MONDAY JULY 01, 2019

IN HIS IMAGE
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 15:45-49

"And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly" (1 Corinthians 15:49).

Often times, children usually look like their parents. You probably have experienced this before, you were somewhere among many people and someone told you that you look familiar. He mentions the name of someone and that person is your father! This means that you look like your father. You are his exact image. The resemblance is unmistakable.

Our text today points out that every child of God must bear the image of our Almighty God. You were created in the image of God. God is holy, gracious, good, kind and loving.

Are you a child of God? Are you truly His image? If yes, you must live your life in public and private in righteousness and holiness so much that everyone will see that you resemble your heavenly Father. If the answer is no, take the following steps to have the image of Christ: accept that you are a sinner, believe the Saviour, confess your sins, and decide to follow the Saviour. It is only through His Name that you can be delivered from the image of Satan and sin in you. Come to Jesus today and continue to grow in His image.

PRAYER: Blessed Jesus, make me to conform to Your image.

FURTHER READING: Genesis 1:27

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:29am On Jul 03, 2019
TUESDAY JULY 02, 2019

JOB'S FRIENDS
TEXT: JOB 2:11-13

"Now when Job's three friends heard of all this evil that was come upon him, they came everyone from his own place" (Job 2:11a).

Your friend is somebody whom you love apart from your parents and relatives. There are good friends; there are also bad friends. You know a good friend when you are sick or when you have problems. Some friends are better than brothers. Good friends speak words of comfort to their friends who are suffering.

Job had friends. In our passage, three of them came to see him when they heard that he was sick. They were Eliphaz, Bildad and Zophar. When they came to Job, they could not recognize him because of the sickness. They did not talk to him for seven days.

When they started talking to him, they were saying things that were not helping him. They spoke discouraging words and made him to curse the day that he was born. You should be a good friend who encourages and lifts up his friends in the time of need, because a friend in need is a friend indeed. Why some friends are not faithful is because they do not have Christ. However, the best Friend to have is Jesus. When the storm of life is about to make you perish, Jesus will rise up and rebuke it, and there will be calmness.

PRAYER: Oh Jesus, be my Friend now and always.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 18:24

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2019
AS THE DEER
CHILDREN CHOIR MINISTRATION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmzkCfifQ5c
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:58am On Jul 06, 2019
FRIDAY JULY 05, 2019

A STITCH IN TIME...
TEXT: PROVERBS 6:6-11

"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise" (Proverbs 6:6).

A stitch in time saves nine is a proverb that describes the profit of doing things at the right time and doing it promptly. A timely effort will prevent more work later. A little or consistent maintenance will help to prevent a major damage.

It was her mother's voice and the smoke from the burnt plantain that woke her up. Peculiar had forgotten the plantain she was cooking, she had left for the sitting room to read a story book. She was so engrossed in the reading that she forgot that she was cooking. She later slept off on the couch. She was fond of doing her house chores half way. Plate washing was a problem for her, she would not wash up until there is a heap of plates in the kitchen sink.

Boys and girls, friends of Jesus are expected to make necessary changes in their habits towards doing house chores, homework and daily Bible reading. Do not be lazy, do not postpone what you can do now to a later date. Be up and doing. Be at your duty post at the right time and God will crown your effort with success.

PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from laziness and procrastination in Jesus' Name.

FURTHER READING: Ecclesiastic 10:18

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
SUNDAY JULY 07, 2019

BE AN EXAMPLE
TEXT: 1 TIMOTHY 4:11-16

"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity" (1 Timothy 4:12).

God calls all friends of Jesus to show Christlike examples in all they do. "A tree is known by its fruits", so says an adage. A child's character or attitude makes one to know the type of child he/she is. The Bible has many examples of men, women, boys and girls who showed shining examples for others to see and learn from.

Joseph was an example of holiness even in a strange land. He showed holiness and his fear of God when he was tempted by his master's wife. Daniel also purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself. The three Hebrew boys (Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego) were thrown into the fiery burning furnace, but they showed strong faith in God's power to save and deliver the righteous. God delivered them, and they were not consumed.

Our perfect example is our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ. He came to show us the way of holiness, love and humility. He died on the cross for us. He shed His blood for our sins and for as many as will accept His offer of free salvation. Surrender your heart to Jesus Christ today and be an example of the believer.

PRAYER: Lord, make me an example of a believer.

FURTHER READING: Philippians 3:15-17

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:13am On Jul 09, 2019
TUESDAY JULY 9, 2019

OVERCOMING EVIL WITH GOOD
TEXT: ROMANS 12:17-21

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good" (Romans 12:21).

Victoria was given a hot slap from the back by Johnson her classmate. She tried to hold back her tears as she least expected this from him. Her classmates were waiting for her to retaliate because she was treated badly. She only helped Johnson pick up his torn notebook from the floor when he was fighting with a fellow classmate.

Instead of repaying evil for evil, Victoria quietly left for her seat. Most of her mates jeered at her and called her "a fool" for not retaliating after being treated unjustly.

Later on, Precious came to Victoria and said, "I want to be like you, I like the way you responded without fighting back. I pray to have this type of gentle heart." Victoria led Precious to Christ and they became good friends.

With God's grace, you too can be like Victoria who did not "do her own back." Her way of life helped Precious to find Jesus Christ. Whenever you are provoked, just pray to God, He will help you out.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to be a peacemaker as I repay evil with good.

FURTHER READING: 1 Peter 3:9

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2019
WEDNESDAY JULY 10, 2019

GIVE GOD YOUR BEST
TEXT: EZRA 7:7-10

"For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the Lord, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments" (Ezra 7:10).

Ezra was a priest and a scribe among the children of Israel. He made up his mind to serve God and to be a shining example to all around him. The glory and power of God could not be hidden in his life because the hand of the Lord was upon him.

Artaxerxes the king of Babylon also saw the evidence of God's hand on him and decided to support in the building and beautifying of God's temple that Ezra wanted to do. He also made a decree that all the treasures which are beyond the river, and whatever Ezra requested for, should be given to him speedily. Ezra did not miss favour from God and man.

Make up your mind to always be your best in all you do in your service to God. When you pray, when you read your Bible, when you preach the gospel, when you sing in the choir, in all things, be the best you can. It is only when Jesus lives in your heart that this can be possible. Invite Jesus into your heart now and let Him reign in your life. You have not given your best until you give your life to Jesus.

PRAYER: Take all of me, Lord.

FURTHER READING: Deuteronomy 33:10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54am On Jul 11, 2019
THURSDAY JULY 11, 2019

REHOBOAM REJECTS GOOD COUNSEL
TEXT: 1 KINGS 12:8-16

"But he forsook the counsel of the old men, which they had given him, and consulted with the young men that were grown up with him, and which stood before him" (1 Kings 12:8).

Who is your best friend? Why is he/she your best friend? Your answer to these questions will show who you are. King Rehoboam rejected the good advice of the elders to treat the people with kindness. He was misled by his childhood friends who advised him to treat the people wickedly. At the end, he was rejected and missed God's blessings.

There are good and bad friends. As a friend of Jesus, make sure you associate more with fellow friends of Jesus with whom you can pray, preach the gospel, and serve God together with in holiness and righteousness.

Are you always found among the bad boys/girls in your class? Or are you among the trouble makers? Who are your best friends? The disciples were called Christians first in Antioch because their ways of life resembled the life lived by Jesus Christ our Master.

What would be said about you because of the type of friends you keep in your neighborhood, school, etc.? "Be not deceived, evil communications corrupt good manners." Surrender your heart to Jesus Christ today and let Him be your best Friend.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to choose my friends wisely.

FURTHER READING: Amos 3:3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:53am On Jul 12, 2019
FRIDAY JULY 12 2019

A JOSEPH OR AN ABSALOM?
TEXT: 2 SAMUEL 15:1-6

"And on this manner did Absalom to all Israel that came to the king for judgment: so Absalom stole the hearts of the men of Israel" (2 Samuel 15:6).

Who are you? A Joseph or an Absalom? Check out their characteristics and see which one matches your own. Joseph was a well-favoured child. His father loved him so much that he made a special garment of many colours for him. This made his brothers hate him. Joseph was not proud, neither was he rude to his brothers.

Absalom, on the other hand, was a handsome young man with very long hair. But he was proud because of his beauty. He allowed pride in his life and was taken over by a selfish ambition to become the king while his father was still alive. His uncontrolled anger made him kill his brother, Amnon, in retaliation for raping his sister (Tamar).

Absalom was not like Joseph who also had an opportunity to take his revenge on his brothers when they came to Egypt to buy food for their family. Instead, Joseph allowed God to avenge for him. God promoted and honoured Joseph because he waited for God's time, and his dreams came to pass.

Absalom did not wait for God's time, and so he died in his evil pursuit. It is only when Jesus reigns in your heart that you can be forgiving and loving like Joseph. Invite Jesus into your heart and let Him reign in your life.

PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from pride and selfish ambition.

FURTHER READING: 2 SAMUEL 15:1-6

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55am On Jul 13, 2019
SATURDAY JULY 13, 2019

WATER FOR THE THIRSTY
TEXT: REVELATION 22:14-17

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely" (Revelation 22:17).

There are many beverages and soft drinks that people take to quench their thirst. However, it has been discovered that there is no other drink that can satisfy or quench one's thirst like water. It has a soothing and refreshing effect in the body.

No one can survive without water. Lack of water in your body will lead to dehydration which can cause serious health problems. Also, in the spiritual, we need the water which only Jesus can supply. To survive spiritually, you must drink the water of life.

Jesus is calling on all who are thirsty to come to Him for a refreshing drink. Are you thirsty for a change of life? Thirsty for God's best? Thirsty for His blessings of salvation, healing, success and much more? All that you need in this life is in Jesus Christ. He is the only way to God. All other ways will lead one to eternal damnation.

Jesus is that drink. He is the water of life which is freely given to all who will come and accept His offer to come and drink. All sinful boys and girls that come to Jesus will not perish but have eternal life, healing and freedom from sins. Come to Jesus today. Come and drink freely.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I come to You to quench my thirst.

FURTHER READING: John 7:37,38

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
SUNDAY JULY 14, 2019

NOT A DROP
TEXT: 1 KINGS 17:1-7

"And it came to pass after a while, that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land" (1 Kings 17:7).

There is a time of the year called the rainy season. Rain falls at this time. Sometimes, in the month of July, rain can fall continually for three days. In the dry season, rain hardly falls.

In the land of Israel, they had the time of the former rain and latter rain. When rain falls, our crops grow, the trees are refreshed, the grasses grow, and the flowers blossom.

In our text, God, through Prophet Elijah, said that rain would not fall in the land of Israel for a certain period. It did not fall for three and a half years. This was because of the sin of Ahab and his wife, Jezebel. They made the people of Israel to worship idols, and God punished the land. Sin brings problems, sorrow and suffering. Rainfall is a natural blessing from God, but some children do not know it.

We have spiritual rainfall also. When the Lord brings salvation, healing, protection, power and success to you in abundance, that is spiritual rainfall. God can also rain righteousness upon you. However, sin can stop the spiritual rainfall in your life. If you are a sinful child, repent so that you can experience this rainfall.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, rain righteousness upon me.

FURTHER READING: Zechariah 10:1

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:41am On Jul 15, 2019
MONDAY JULY 15, 2019

GOD HELPS JOB
TEXT: JOB 42:11-17

"So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning" (Job 42:12).

A certain football team of a country had been beaten by the opponent 4-0. All hope was lost for that team. A man who was watching the match on the television switched it off and went away because he felt that his country had been put to shame.

Surprisingly, he heard, "It is a g-o-a-l!" He heard it again and again. What happened? His country's team scored four goals, one after another, and won the game in the end. It was called a miracle. They were sad at the beginning, but they had cause to rejoice at last.

Job's case was like that. He suffered many trials, but at the end, God blessed him. God gave him twice of what he had before his suffering. Not only that, God prolonged his life to enjoy the blessings. He saw his children's children unto the fourth generation.

As a child of God, you may be suffering some problems now. Trust God, He has the power to turn things around in a moment. Those problems will end one day, and God will bring His blessings upon you. The only person who can take away your problems is Jesus Christ. Let Him be your Friend.

PRAYER: Lord, I commit all my problems into Your Hands, help me.

FURTHER READING: Genesis 50:20

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.