Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,516 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" (379369 Views)

Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert / CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / The Sincere Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
SUNDAY OCTOBER 27, 2019

Self-Control
TEXT: 2 Peter 1:5-11

"And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness" (2 Peter 1:6).

People make much efforts to exercise control over others but none on themselves. They lack the slightest control over their actions, affections, desires, appetite and temper. One who lacks control over himself cannot exercise control over others.

Self-control means temperance in the King James Version of the Bible. The word self-control is also called self-discipline. Self-control is that act of exercising control over your feelings, actions, emotions, desires and appetite.

A life without self-control is like a car without a steering wheel and brakes. There are many things that will appeal to your physical appetite. In our key verse, you observe that 'temperance' or 'self-control', together with the words 'patience' and 'godliness', are key words upon which the life of a God-honouring Christian stands.

You have to exercise godly control of what you eat, watch, listen to, places and internet sites you visit, friends you keep, dresses you put on, and even thoughts you allow in your heart. This is possible only if you have received Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and Lord.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to show godly fear in whatever I do, think and say.

FURTHER READING: 2 Samuel 22:24-27

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57am On Oct 28, 2019
MONDAY OCTOBER 28, 2019

Pass On The Baton
TEXT: John 1:35-42

"He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ" (John 1:41).

No one runs the relay race alone. A team of four or more competitors take part in the race, with one person running alone at a time. How each team ends up will largely depend on not only how fast the first competitor runs, but also on how well he passes on the baton - a thin short stick that is passed from one runner to the next runner in a relay race.

One important rule that governs the relay race is that, no matter how fast a team runs, if any member drops the baton on the way, the team will certainly be disqualified.

In our Bible passage, Andrew shows us a very good example to follow. Immediately he turned away from his sins and became a friend of Jesus, the next person he brought to Jesus was his brother, Simon.

If you are the first in your family to know Jesus as your Lord and Friend, God has given you the responsibility of passing on the baton of the gospel of salvation to your parents, brothers and sisters. Do not say, "I am but a child". Where the members of your family end up their lives, whether in heaven or in hell, will depend on you.

PRAYER: Lord, please help me to be faithful in my efforts in preaching the gospel to, and leading members of my family to You.

FURTHER READING: Jeremiah 1:7-10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14am On Oct 29, 2019
TUESDAY OCTOBER 29, 2019

Help From God
TEXT: Acts 26:19-23

"Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come" (Acts 26:22).

Christians have faced more persecution than any other group of people on the surface of the earth. This has been the case from the days of Christ, our Saviour, till now. In the last decade alone, thousands of followers of the Christian faith have been slaughtered, particularly in the Middle East and in West Africa.

Some have been chased away from their homes and villages. It is not because of any evil they have done. In fact, Christians are comparatively more peace loving than all other group of humans. Why then are Christians being persecuted all over the world? It is because the people of the world hate the light of righteousness Jesus Christ brought to the world.

Several attempts had been made on the life of Paul the Apostle. If not for the help of God, the enemies of his faith would have killed him. He confessed at that time that it was only through the help of God that he was still alive.

If you are a true friend of Jesus, you will be persecuted and hated at school, at home and among your neighbours just because you love Jesus and stand for righteousness. But God will help you. Do not stop loving and obeying Jesus.

PRAYER: Lord, please send your help to me at my moment of suffering for your sake.

FURTHER READING: 2 Thessalonians 1:2-4

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:35am On Oct 30, 2019
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 30, 2019

The Best Way To Give
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 8:1-6

"And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God" (2 Corinthians 8:5).

Giving is an age-long practice. It started from God, Who gave His only begotten Son to save the world. God gave two reasons, one was to meet an urgent need for the salvation of man. The other reason was to express His love for mankind.

Our Lord Jesus Christ also followed God's example when He willingly gave His life on the cross to meet the need of a Lamb to take away the sins of the world, and to express His love for every one of us. Our Lord Jesus Christ also commands all His friends to give because there is blessing in giving. But, how do we give?

We must give like the Corinthian believers. They first gave their own selves to the Lord. They became born again by turning away from their sins. Second, they gave themselves to obeying the word of God preached by the Apostles. Third, they gave what they had for the work of God in the form of tithes, offerings and special donations. Fourth, they gave for the support of the needy among them.

Giving should be done by all boys and girls, to express their appreciations and thanksgivings to God for His love and care all the time. Give willingly and cheerfully, God loves a cheerful giver.

PRAYER: Lord, give me a willing heart to always give my best to You.

FURTHER READING: Mark 12:41-44

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2019
THURSDAY OCTOBER 31, 2019

Instructions For Life
TEXT: Proverbs 4:7-13

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life" (Proverbs 4:13).

To instruct is to inform, to impart knowledge, to enlighten, or to direct. Without proper knowledge, a child will not know what to do and how to do it. However, knowledge comes through instructions we receive. Do you know that, when a plane is flying in the air, it keeps receiving instructions from the control room to know what to do while travelling from one country to another? Otherwise, it will be lost and all the people on board will perish.

Whenever a new product like a fridge, radio set, handset, computer, etc., is manufactured, the manufacturer will write all the necessary instructions on how to operate or use the new product. This is called a product manual.

In the same way, God has given us the Bible to provide instructions on how to live. That is why it is only the people who live their lives according to the instructions of the Bible who will enjoy a happy and blessed life. God has given to every child godly parents, teachers and pastors as instructors. They are to pass across necessary instructions on how to seek God early, read the Bible, talk, dress, where to go, where not to go. It is your number one duty to follow these godly instructions and live by them and it will be well with you.

PRAYER: Lord, give me the grace to follow instructions from my parents and other godly teachers You have given me.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 8:32-36

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:53am On Nov 01, 2019
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 01, 2019

Reward For Diligence And Proper Preparation
TEXT: Proverbs 12:23-28

"The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute" (Proverbs 12:24).

David, as a shepherd boy, gave himself to God's word. He composed psalms and songs. He meditated on God's word, while other boys of his age were given to playfulness and idleness. As David meditated on God's word, his faith and confidence in God grew. He prepared himself to be great. When he came face to face with Goliath of Gath, because of his faith in God, he conquered and killed Goliath. God promoted David because he had developed himself before the day of battle.

What is your goal in life? Many children dream of becoming doctors, lawyers, engineers, missionaries, pilots, but they are not preparing themselves. They spend all their time in watching cartoons, playing games, watching football, sleeping, and they expect to be great in life. They have no time for the word of God.

The key to real success is knowing and living by the word of God (Joshua 1:8). Think of the twelve disciples who were following the Lord Jesus and seeing how He was healing the sick and preaching the gospel. They prepared themselves.

What do you want to be in life? Do you want to have good success and get to heaven in the end? How are you preparing yourself? How much of your time do you spend for God and His word?

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, make me to be a wise child who prepares to succeed in life, and to get to heaven at last.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 22:29

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37am On Nov 02, 2019
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 02, 2019

The Law Of Sowing And Reaping
TEXT: Galatians 6:6-9

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" (Galatians 6:7).

Children who grew up on a farm settlement understand the law of sowing and reaping very well. Sometimes, a single seed of maize planted can yield three or more sticks of maize with hundreds of seeds. What a reward!

The law started from when God created the earth. However, this law applies to all areas of life - spiritual, academic, social and others. Many children who desire to reap do not sow. They want to be spiritual, successful and acceptable, but they only daydream without taking any action.

Joseph was dutiful, obedient and God Fearing. Timothy learnt and memorized the scriptures that made him wise unto salvation. Daniel was a scholar and scientist who was found ten times better. They all reaped great rewards in life because they sowed right attitudes and values.

How are you sowing to your spirit? How are you working to excel in your studies? Spend time to pray like Esther. Read and meditate on God's word like David. Be obedient and God fearing like Joseph. Read and study your books like Daniel. Pray for grace.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, give me wisdom to sow what is right so that I can succeed in life.

FURTHER READING: Romans 2:6-11

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:55am On Nov 04, 2019
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 03, 2019

Hearing Without Listening
TEXT: Isaiah 51:1-7

"Hearken to Me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the Lord: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged" (Isaiah 51:1).

"John, take a look at the rice on the gas burner, it is almost ready. Put it down and put off the gas burner as soon as it is ready. I need to plait my hair in the next compound," said John's mummy as she walked to the door on her way out.

About 20 minutes later, she was back. The woman who was to plait her hair was not at home. Immediately she opened the door, she was greeted with the smell of burnt rice. John was still in his room where mummy left him watching cartoons.

She yelled at John, "What of the rice I asked you to put down from the gas cooker?" "Oh mummy..." muttered John. It was then John remembered his mummy was saying something to him on her way out, but John was not listening. He did not hearken even though he heard.

The online English dictionary defines the word 'hearken' as "To listen, to lend the ear; to attend to what is uttered, to give heed, to hear, in order to obey or comply."

This means then that you can hear without listening. You can hear without giving close attention to what is being said. God wants His children not just to hear, but to hearken, to listen, and to give close attention to His word in order to obey Him.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, give me a listening hear and a heart to always obey Your word.

FURTHER READING: Deuteronomy 28:1-2, 13

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33am On Nov 04, 2019
MONDAY NOVEMBER 04, 2019

Let The Lord Fight For You
TEXT: 1 KINGS 13:1-6

"And it came to pass, when king Jeroboam heard the saying of the man of God, which had cried against the altar in Bethel, that he put forth his hand from the altar, saying, Lay hold on him. And his hand, which he put forth against him, dried up, so that he could not pull it in again to him" (1 Kings 13:4).

Many children like to fight back whenever somebody offends or do something wrong to them. This is called retaliation. Some children fight back, curse and abuse. All these are signs that those children lack the salvation experience. A born-again child does not fight back.

Jesus Christ says, "But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you, that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven."

The prophet in our text was sent by God to deliver a message. He did it, but the king was angry at the word of God and attempted to lay hands on the man of God. God intervened and fought for the man of God.

Every child of God must know that God watches over him or her, and He will not allow any evil to come upon any of His children if they are keeping to His word. Do not fight for yourself. Do not retaliate. Hand over all your battles to the Lord in prayer, and He will fight for you.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I hand over all the battles of my life into Your hands, please fight for me.

FURTHER READING: Exodus 14:13, 14

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 05, 2019

You Cannot Hide It From God
TEXT: 1 KINGS 14:1-6

"And the Lord said unto Ahijah, Behold, the wife of Jeroboam cometh to ask a thing of thee for her son; for he is sick: thus and thus shalt thou say unto her: for it shall be, when she cometh in, that she shall feign herself to be another woman" (1 Kings 14:5).

Jacob heard that his father, Isaac, wanted to bless Esau, the firstborn. Jacob therefore disguised himself by covering his body with the skin of an animal to appear hairy to his father. He succeeded in deceiving his father, though he suffered for it later. But no one can deceive God.

Like Jeroboam and his wife, many children pretend to be what they are not. Some pretend to be born-again at home, but they are very troublesome and disobedient at school. Many tell lies and deceive others to cover up their bad ways.

Some think that because they dress up as Christians, that means they will get to heaven. No, God knows everything about you. Your name, your house address, your school, your class, your parents, what you do, what you think, even the number of the hair on your head, God knows! Do not wait until God reveals you. Go to God in prayer and tell him about your life before it is too late. Ask for His forgiveness. Jesus is waiting for you today. Open your life to Him and ask Him to save you. He will.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, deliver me from all secret sins and give me the power to do Your will.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 139:1-10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by Nobody: 2:14am On Nov 06, 2019
I am in a financial distress and want any help no matter how little. I am in a mess now . I need a token of support from Nairalanders with good intentions. nothing would be too small.
Polaris Bank
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 06, 2019

Any Difference?
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" (2 Corinthians 6:14).

Light and darkness differ. Black and white differ. Sheep and goat differ. Lamb and lion differ. Day and night differ. So, a child of God is different from the children of the devil and the ungodly.

When a sinful child surrenders his life to Jesus by turning away from his sin, he becomes a new creature. Old lifestyles of sin will pass away. Such a child becomes different.

Today, many children claim to be children of God, but there is nothing new in their lifestyle. They tell lies like others, talk like others, fight like others, and are stubborn like others who are not born-again. Such children do not understand the gospel power. The gospel changes lives and makes a new creature out of a bad child.

If you notice that you are still doing things unbelieving children do which are not according to the word of God, you need to sincerely pray and ask Jesus to make your life new and free from sin. As a Christian, your life must be totally different from that of sinners.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, give me the power to live for Christ and to live like Christ.

FURTHER READING: John 1:4-7

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Nov 07, 2019
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 7, 2019

Do Not Disappoint The LORD
TEXT: 1 Kings 14:7-12

"And rent the kingdom away from the house of David, and gave it thee: and yet thou hast not been as My servant David, who kept My commandments, and who followed Me with all his heart, to do that only which was right in Mine eyes" (1 Kings 14:8).

The story of king Jeroboam is a lesson for all friends of Jesus. There are many children whom God has promoted, lifted up and given great opportunities in life. But they disappointed the Lord.

Saul, the first king of Israel, was a nobody when God lifted him up and made him king. But he disappointed the Lord. Jeroboam, the son of Nebat, was a nobody when God chose him to be a king, but he disappointed the Lord. Demas was chosen by God to go and preach the gospel, but he forsook the Lord.

On the other hand, there are children who though God promoted and made great, they did not disappoint God. They made God happy till the end of their lives.

Samuel was called of God from childhood. He made God happy and followed God all the days of his life. David was taken from following the sheep to become a king. He followed God and served Him all his life. Timothy was a child who learnt the word of God and became saved from childhood. He did not forsake God all his life. What will your own story be? Make up your mind never to disappoint the Lord. Let your decision be: "Others may, I cannot."

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, help me to never disappoint You in life.

FURTHER READING: 2 Timothy 3:14, 15

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:48pm On Nov 08, 2019
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 08, 2019

Certified Good
TEXT: Genesis 1:26-31

"And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day" (Genesis 1:31).

In every country, there is always a government agency that certifies the quality of food, drugs and other products. To make sure that the product is genuine and good, the buyer must always look for the symbol of these agencies.

From our passage, we learnt that God created everything. In the end, He created man in His image. He looked at what He created in verse 31 and said, "It was very good." This statement was made by God about man. That means that when God created man, he was good.

But what made man bad today? It is sin. Sin has made man to be stubborn, covetous, rebellious, troublesome and wicked. God, in His mercy, has made a plan for man to come back to Him through the death of Jesus Christ on the cross.

If you are a child of God, God says that you are very good. You do not need attachment, lipstick, nail-paint, eye-pencil, artificial hair, etc. You are already very good, certified so by the Lord God Almighty. Remain a child of God. Remain good.

If you are a sinner, you may paint your face, fingernails, decorate yourself with gold, pearls and costly array, you are not still good in the sight of God. Repent!

PRAYER: Dear Lord, help me to remain good in Your sight always.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 8:4, 5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 10, 2019

THE ARK OF COVENANT
TEXT: EXODUS 25:10-16

"And they shall make an ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof" (Exodus 25:10).

There are different types of arks mentioned in the Bible. They all have different functions. We have learnt about Noah's ark. Today, we are examining the ark of covenant. This ark:

(i) Was made of shittim wood.
(ii) Was overlayed with pure gold, within and without.
(iii) Had four rings of gold by its sides, two on each side; and two rods put through the rings, one on each side.
(iv) The length was 2 1/2 cubits, the breath 1 1/2 cubits and the height 1 1/2 cubits.
*(v)* It contained the ten commandments, Aaron's rod that budded, and there were two cherubims above the mercy seat which covered the seat.

The ark of covenant was a symbol of God's presence with the people of Israel. We have a better covenant today which is established upon better promises. Jesus has brought a better covenant. All saved children are partakers of this covenant. Jesus says, "Lo, I am with you always even unto the end of the world". A sinner is not a covenant child. Only genuine repentance and faith in the blood of Jesus can bring you into a covenant relationship with God. Repent today and be saved, then become a partaker in the covenant blessings.

PRAYER: Lord, let me always be a partaker in the better covenant.

FURTHER READING: Hebrews 8:6-8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2019
MONDAY NOVEMBER 11, 2019

Weep Not Child
TEXT: Luke 7:11-16

"And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not" (Luke 7:13).

There was a man who was from a poor family, but he was intelligent. Through hard work, he gained admission into the university. When he got the letter of admission, he held it in his hand and started weeping.

As he was weeping, a rich man came around and asked him why he was weeping. He told the rich man that he had no money for his education. The rich man told him to stop weeping, that he would pay his school fees, which he did. That man later became a great person in his community.

In our bible text, the woman of Nain was weeping because she had lost her son after losing her husband. Nobody could help her until Jesus came. He told her not to weep, then Jesus restored the child to life, and the woman became happy.

You may be weeping because of one thing or the other. It may be that your parents cannot pay your school fees. Maybe you cannot get enough food to eat or clothes to put on.

Weep not, Jesus is on the throne. Tell Him the things that make you weep. He is compassionate. He is kind. He will wipe away your tears. Is there trouble anywhere? Do not be discouraged. Take it to the Lord in prayer. In His arms He will take and shield thee, you will find a solace there.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, wipe away my tears.

FURTHER READING: Isaiah 61:1, 2

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2019

The Great Deliverance
TEXT: 2 Timothy 4:14-18

"And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen" (2 Timothy 4:18).

Ajayi Crowther was a young boy from Iseyin, Oyo State, Nigeria. The slave trade struck, and he was caught. Before he knew it, he found himself on the slave ship heading for the West Indies. As the ship carrying Ajayi sailed towards the slave land, the British Navy caught it and freed all slaves on board. Ajayi Crowther became free. He was miraculously delivered.

Ajayi Crowther later studied at Fourah Bay University in Sierra Leone, and became the first African Bishop of the Anglican. Through him, his mother, Hannah, was converted to Christianity. He translated the English Bible into Yoruba.

You may be a child of God, but your situation looks as if there is no hope. But what was the hope of Ajayi Crowther? The Lord will deliver you miraculously. God can intervene in your situation and deliver you, and set you free. It may be that you are a sinner whom Satan has taken into slavery. The Lion of the tribe of Judah will set you free. Take heart, He can save you. Repent and accept Jesus today. You will become free, and free indeed.

PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from every bondage of the devil.

FURTHER READING: Romans 7:22-25

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2019
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2019

The Law Of Gravity
TEXT: 2 Timothy 55:8-13

"So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth, it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it" (Isaiah 55:11).

Do you observe that if you throw a football upwards it must come down and bounce on the ground? What if you throw a stone upwards? It must come back to the ground. This is what is called the law of gravity. Everything that goes up must come down. Nothing disobeys the law because God has ordained it. When the rain falls on the ground, it cannot go up in the same form. It is an ordained law of God.

Whatever God has said in His word, He cannot change it. His word is settled forever in heaven. It is like the law of gravity that can not change. As a friend of Jesus, believe that all His promises will be fulfilled in your life.

If you are a sinner, know that God's punishment on unrepentant sinners cannot fail. It may take many years, yet the sinner shall not be unpunished. Repent and be saved today.

PRAYER: Lord, give me the grace to believe Your word.

FURTHER READING: Numbers 23:19, 20

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 14, 2019

Life Jacket
TEXT: 1 John 5:9-12

"He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life" (1 John 5:12).

In most of the cities of the world, people travel on the sea to go to various destinations. This makes the journey faster since one can avoid the traffic problem on the road.

This journey is however based on the condition that passengers must put on life jackets. A life jacket is not something very big. It is not heavy to carry. It is even given freely to passengers.

Why do passengers need life jackets? It is a safety measure. If the boat capsizes, the passenger putting on a life jacket will float on the water, and will be rescued. But the one without a life jacket will sink and drown.

In the same way, life is a journey on troubled waters. There can be tempests on the way. If you have Jesus, you are safe. The life jacket is worn around the chest covering the heart.

Whosoever puts on the life jacket is saved from drowning. So also, whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord Jesus, and receive Him into his or her heart, shall be saved. If you are a sinner, repent today, and let Jesus come into your heart. He will save you.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, help me to trust in You for my salvation.

FURTHER READING: John 3:35, 36

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:47am On Nov 15, 2019
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2019

Purpose Of Heart
TEXT: Daniel 1:8-17

"But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the kings meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself" (Daniel 1:8).

But Daniel purposed in his heart. This means that Daniel was determined. He decided in his heart. No one made the decision for him. It was a decision he took on his own. He chose to make the right decision. Daniel decided to please God and reject evil things.

God wants you to please Him too. No matter what challenges you face, God wants you to be strong and make the right decisions. Do not follow the crowd to do evil.

Many children do whatever they see others do, even when it is wrong. Right decisions are made through meditation on God's word. This is when God can fight for you. He will rescue you from troubles.

The right decision has to be made in your heart. No one else can decide on your behalf. You need to purpose in your heart to become a permanent friend of Jesus and live a holy life. This is the way to get to the top.

PRAYER: Dear God, make me strong in my decision to follow You.

FURTHER READING: Acts 11:23-24

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2019
MONDAY NOVEMBER 18, 2019

Volcanic Eruption
TEXT: Mark 7:20-23

"And He said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man" (Mark 7:20).

There is a type of mountain called a volcanic mountain. The major characteristic of this mountain is that something called 'Magma' can come from its depth to the surface. If the magma does not come out (erupt) for a long time, the mountain is said to be an extinct volcanic mountain. If the magma has erupted in recent times, it is said to be an active volcanic mountain.

Some children are like volcanic mountains. They can be calm and peaceful when there is no trouble at all, like when they are to sing in the choir or read the Bible to the hearing of others. But when they are offended, they pour out "Magma." They can abuse somebody and pick a quarrel with anyone who crosses their way. After abusing and quarrelling with other people, they will put on their choir uniform on Sunday to sing.

A child of God is a changed person. As God's child, when you are offended, you should remember that you are a new creature and old things have passed away. If sinful habits are not in your heart again, they cannot come up when you are offended or tempted. Ask God for forgiveness and cleansing of your heart so that evil things will not come out of it again. The Bible says, make the tree good and the fruit will be good.

PRAYER: Lord, save me from both inward and outward sin.

FURTHER READING: Colossians 3:5-9

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Nov 19, 2019
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 19, 2019

The Rechabites
TEXT: Jeremiah 35:5-10

"But they said, We will drink no wine: for Jonadab the son of Rechab our father commanded us, saying, Ye shall drink no wine, neither ye, nor your sons for ever" (Jeremiah 35:6).

The Rechabites were the grandchildren of a man called Rechab. This man taught his son a lesson of consecration unto the Lord. The man taught his son the lessons and it was passed on from generation to generation. They were not to drink wine nor build houses, neither were they to own vineyards, etc. The Rechabites held strongly to the teachings of their father. One day, according to the direction of God, Jeremiah provided wine for the Rechabites to drink. They refused, and God was happy with them and promised to bless them. God wanted Israel to learn a lesson from the Rechabites.

Today, we can learn some lessons from the Rechabites as well:

(i) We should not disobey the godly counsel of our parents no matter what happens.

(ii) We should not disobey the word of God even if a prophet tells us to do so.

(iii) Blessings follow obedience.

(iv) We should obey God and our godly parents. As you obey God and your godly parents, the blessings of God will be yours in Jesus' Name.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, help me to be obedient to my parents.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 4:1-4

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2019
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2019

Bible City - Caesarea
TEXT: Acts 10:1-8

"There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band" (Acts 10:1).

Caesarea was the Roman capital of Judea at the time of Jesus Christ and the Apostles. It is a city located by the sea, thirty-two miles north of Joppa and about sixty miles northwest of Jerusalem.

A king known as Herod the great built the city and named it Caesarea in honour of Emperor Caesar Augustus. He made the city the Roman capital of Judea. It soon became not only the capital of Judea, but a busy seaport, a great commercial centre, and one of the most attractive cities of its day.

What is special about the city of Caesarea? In this city lived Philip the Evangelist who had four daughters who were virgins, and also workers in God's vineyard. Also, in this same city, Apostle Paul was imprisoned because of his missionary work. He later appeared as a prisoner before Felix, Festus and King Agrippa. The city experienced conversion of souls including Cornelius and his family.

However, after some centuries, Caesarea was captured and destroyed by an enemy king. Today, Caesarea lies in ruins. All the beautiful cities of the world today will one day become ruins. This is why it is important to preach the gospel in season and out of season. Through the preaching of the gospel, sinners will be saved and delivered from the ruin and judgment of God.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to be a true witness of the gospel in my community and wherever You send me.

FURTHER READING: Acts 25:1-6

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 22, 2019

The True Peace Giver
TEXT: John 14: 23-27

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14: 27).

*PEACE* is the opposite of trouble. Peace is very essential to any person who wants to be happy. Peace is the absence of war. The first world war ended, and Germany was defeated but many people had died. As a result of this, the league of Nations was formed to prevent the possibility of another world war. Unfortunately, the second world war came up again. It was caused by Adolf Hitler of Germany. The war ended with the defeat of Germany. The United Nations Organization (U. N. O) was established to maintain peace in the world but there are still a lot of wars and rumours of war in the world today. True peace can only come from God. If there is no peace in individuals' hearts, there cannot be peace in the world.

The fact is that the world cannot have peace without Christ. Before there can be peace in the world, there will be peace in individual's heart. This will lead to peace in every family, leading to peace in every society, every nation and the whole world. Jesus alone can give peace to the individual's heart. He is the Prince of peace. Receive Jesus into your heart and enjoy the peace of God that passes all understanding. Embrace his peace today.

PRAYER: Lord, give me that peace that the world cannot give.

FURTHER READING: John 16:33

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28am On Nov 23, 2019
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 23, 2019

Rest For The Weary
TEXT: Matthew 11:28-30

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).

Joseph was sold into Egypt. He was bought by Potiphar, Pharaoh's officer, and Joseph became his slave. Later, Joseph was put in prison. But when he interpreted Pharaoh's dream, he was made the prime minister of Egypt. The people of Israel enjoyed good things while Joseph was alive.

But after the death of Joseph, there arose a pharaoh who did not know Joseph. He put the people of Israel under bondage. The Israelites were now in a bad situation in Egypt. They worked, they were weary, they cried, they lamented, they suffered in the hands of their taskmasters. This situation continued until God sent Moses to deliver them.

Pharaoh is a type of Satan. Somebody serving him will serve with hard labour. Moses is a type of Christ, the Deliverer, Redeemer and Comforter. Sinners are under the bondage of Satan, who gives sinners work to do like lying, fighting, stealing, immorality, murder, drug addiction, and all forms of wicked acts. After doing all these hard labour, the sinner becomes tired and weary of life. Jesus is the One who gives rest to the weary. If you are a sinner, Jesus is willing to give you rest from your bondage of sin. As a believer, the Lord will give you rest from all sicknesses, satanic oppressions, persecutions, trials and troubles. Jesus gives rest to the weary.

PRAYER: Oh Jesus, give me rest from all my troubles.

FURTHER READING: Isaiah 32:1-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:30am On Nov 25, 2019
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 24, 2019

Take Cover!
TEXT: Isaiah 26:20-21

"Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast" (Isaiah 26:20).

During war, an enemy bomber jet would sometimes be seen hovering very close to the ground. The belief was that it would drop a bomb. The commander of the soldiers would shout, "Take Cover!" Soldiers would then lie flat on the ground and stretch their hands and legs.

It was believed that the bomb dropped would explode and cut down anything or anyone standing. It was believed that this simple act of obedience could save somebody from death.

Today, the devil, who is the enemy, is throwing his bombs of sickness, sin, affliction, destruction and calamities all over the world. The wrath of God will also come upon the children of disobedience. The antichrist will arise during the time of the great tribulation. There is a simple thing to do to escape all these things. "Take cover" in Jesus Christ. How do you do this?

(a) Realise that you are a sinner.

(b) Repent of your sins.

(c) Request for Jesus to come into your heart.

(d) Receive Jesus into your heart.

(e) Rejoice now that you are saved.

(f) Remain with Christ until the end

PRAYER: Lord, let me take refuge in Thee.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 18:10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:56am On Nov 25, 2019
MONDAY NOVEMBER 25, 2019

A Man After God's Own Heart
TEXT: Acts 13:21-23

"....I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after Mine own Heart, which shall fulfil all My Will" (Acts 13:22b).

Believers always give testimonies of what God did in their lives. They testify of the goodness, mercy and protection of God. It is however a great honour for God to give a testimony about a man. God gave testimonies of Enoch, Moses, David and Job. God testified of David of being a man after His heart.

What were the qualities in David that we need to emulate?

(i) David did not associate himself with anything called an idol like most other kings did.

(ii) David worshipped God with his whole heart. He wrote many Psalms to praise God.

(iii) David was very forgiving, he forgave king Saul who sought to kill him.

(iv) David was humble in heart. He repented wholeheartedly when he sinned against God in taking Uriah's wife.

If you have these qualities, you will be a child after God's heart. If you are a sinner, the first step to take is to repent of your sins. Then seek God wholeheartedly. He will accept you.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, make me a child after Your heart.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 3:16, 17

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2019
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 26, 2019

God's Thought Towards You
TEXT: Jeremiah 29:10-14

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end" (Jeremiah 29:11).

Haman was a wicked man. He planned evil against Mordecai, he built a gallow where he was going to hang Mordecai. He planned how he would destroy the Israelites. Before he could execute his plan, God put a good thought in the heart of the king of the land about Mordecai and the Israelites. The good thought of the king changed the evil thought of Haman. So, Haman was hanged on his own gallows.

God is the King of kings. He has good thoughts towards His children. He wants His children to have an expected end. If you are sick and the devil says, "You are going to die", ask yourself, "Is this the good thought of God towards me?" "Is this God's expected end for me?" The answer is "No!" So, you should refuse to be afraid. You will not die. The people of Israel had been in captivity for seventy years. They had suffered a lot. The time came when God decided to release them. It is not God's will that the devil will hold you in the captivity of sickness, failure, ill luck, oppression or poverty. If you are a sinner, repent and give your life to Jesus. He will give you an expected end.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, let Your good thoughts towards me be established.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 139:17

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2019
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 28, 2019

Look Before You Leap
TEXT: Matthew 7:15-20

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves" (Matthew 7:15).

"Look before you leap" is a wise saying warning us to show restraint and some carefulness in the way we do some things. When we are careful, we shall be able to stand out of trouble. A steadfast and watchful Christian will not fall prey to false prophets and false teachers around. They come in sheep's clothing but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

How do you know false prophets? The Lord Jesus gave a simple solution. By their fruits. Through their lifestyles, they can imitate real prophets, but they cannot imitate their characters. These are the characteristics of false prophets:

(i) They do not emphasise repentance from sin.
(ii) They love money more than salvation
(iii) They ask people to pay for prayers
(iv) They and their followers are not free from sin

Any body who follow their ways will end up in hell fire. To avoid being led away by false prophets:

(i) Meditate on the word of God always.
(ii) Pray that you will not fall into the hands of false prophets.
(iii) Do not attend their fellowship or programmes.
(iv) Do not forsake the assembly of true children of God.

PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from false prophets and teachers.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 7:21-23

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2019
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 29, 2019

Judas Iscariot
TEXT: Matthew 26:21-25

"Then Judas, which betrayed Him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said" (Matthew 26:25).

Jesus chose twelve friends to work with Him during His earthly ministry. He taught them many things and prepared them to continue the work after Him.

But there was one odd man out of the twelve. His name was Judas Iscariot. Judas Iscariot was very close to Jesus. He ate with Christ. He was one of Jesus' disciples. He was the treasurer of the group, but he betrayed Jesus. He sold the Lord for thirty pieces of silver.

Many children betray Jesus today. They do not sell Christ for thirty pieces of silver, but through the behaviour of these children, the Name of the Lord is blasphemed.

These children claim to be Christians, but in secret, they behave like unbelievers. They talk like sinners. Their ambition is worldly. They dress like sinners. They join gangs of wicked people. By doing all these, they betray Jesus.

When your life does not agree with the teachings of Christ, yet you claim to be born again, you betray Jesus. Take time to check your behaviour, check your actions with other children. Can they truly testify that Jesus is in you?

PRAYER: Lord, help me not to betray You.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 26:47-50

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2019
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 30, 2019

He Makes All Things New
TEXT: Matthew 21:4-7

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful" (Revelation 21:5).

Augustine was brought up by his uncle who was his teacher in Primary Six. His uncle was very strict with Augustine as he wanted him to excel in life. This later yielded a good result. Augustine grew up to become a petrochemical engineer.

One day, Augustine visited his old uncle and he was welcomed. Augustine asked his uncle to drive him around the town in his car. His uncle's car was old.

After touring the town, Augustine asked his uncle to drive him to a motor company nearby. When they got there, Augustine asked his uncle to pick a brand new car! His uncle was very happy.

Jesus can exchange your old life with His brand new life. If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature. Old things are passed away.

As a child of God, your speech will become new, your ambition will become new, your company will become new, your character will become new, your interests, your Lord, your language, your destination, all will become new. Come to Christ for newness of life today.

PRAYER: God, take away the old life from me and make everything in my life new.

FURTHER READING: Ezekiel 36:25-28

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2019
Sunday, December 1, 2019

The Fragrance From Mary
TEXT: John 12:1-8

"Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment" (John 12:3).

Fragrance is a pleasant and distinctive odour. It is often used to make the body or environment smell nice or to cover unpleasant smell. Mary was a friend of Jesus who brought a costly ointment and poured it on the feet of Jesus. She also wiped the feet of Jesus with her hair.
This was to show how much she loved the Lord and how much she appreciated the mercies of the Lord on her. She gave her best to the Master. Despite Judas' unpleasant remarks, Jesus thanked Mary for her kindness to Him. It was a fragrance of worship, praise and thanksgiving to the Lord. Judas only thought of money, but Mary thought of honouring Christ.

Christ said, the oil was to anoint His body which was to be broken for our redemption. The pleasant fragrance also symbolises the beauty of the Gospel Message which Christ wants us to share with the sinner for whom His body was broken.

Are you like Mary? Can you give your talent, money and love for the work of God? Giving your best starts with surrendering your life to Jesus for Him to become your Saviour and Lord. And your life must always bring forth sweet fragrance of holiness, humility, thanksgiving and praises to the the One who loves and gave His life for you

PRAYER: Lord, help me to give my best to You always.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 26:6-9

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (49) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.