Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:47 PM

7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day (22648 Views)

How To Overcome Shyness Help!!! / 7 tips to keep your room smelling natural and fresh always / If You Were Once An Introvert How Did You Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by udemzyudex(m): 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2019
Drsavage:

I can relate bro...

People who don't know me think am quiet... The people who do, actually wish I was.

Bottom Line: We introverts do more of thinking than talking... Add most of reading to it, you'll definitely loveyourself for who you are. We don't always get the girls like most of our opposite loud-mouthed folks but it's still cool, I can live with that.

Lol, the girl part got me grin, so true. And we like to observe things, sometimes instead of watching TV I can just sit at the balcony and watch how people behave, how children play, how people interact.

There was a day I was describing a place to friend and he was like, me wey dey this area I no even know say something like that dey there ooo. Well I like to observe my environment especially a place I'm just going for the first time. Should in case anything happens I'll know the best way to take off. grin
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by buklarbest: 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2019
udemzyudex:
Thanks op.
I just love my own company,I prefer to chat online than discussing offline.

I just love my own company.
Being an introvert doesn't mean we don't talk, when we are with people we are comfortable with, we do.

Talking about shyness, I always try to avoid anything that will bring embarrassment.

All these just describe someone like me.
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Sarang(f): 8:08pm On Jan 02, 2019
Sorry op but not all introverts are shy. Or not out spoken. I just derive energy from being alone

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Sarang(f): 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2019
udemzyudex:
Thanks op.
I just love my own company,I prefer to chat online than discussing offline.

I just love my own company.
Being an introvert doesn't mean we don't talk, when we are with people we are comfortable with, we do.

Talking about shyness, I always try to avoid anything that will bring embarrassment.

Even when we are with people we are not uncomfortable with or strangers.. some of us still talk.
I am very outspoken and very introverted

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by udemzyudex(m): 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2019
Sarang:

Even when we are with people we are not uncomfortable with or strangers.. some of us still talk.
I am very outspoken and very introverted

Well it depends though, sometimes when I'm with someone I'm just meeting it doesn't mean I won't talk, but I prefer the person to take the lead, like start the conversation while I respond and we get along but expect me to start talking naa you go old oo.

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Firstandonly(m): 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2019
Opinionated:
Today, January 2, is World Introvert Day. We are sharing with you these tips for overcoming shyness as an Introvert as written by Joel Annesley.

1. Avoid negative labels. Labels can build you up or destroy you; choose the label that empowers you instead of tears you down. Think Quietly Confident instead of Shy.

2. Look within. The key to finding your true self is to look within and to celebrate who you really are. Practice non-judgemental awareness, self-compassion and loving kindness for the beautiful person you are inside and the way you see the world.

3. Stop overthinking everything. Overthinking and shyness go hand-in-hand. Overthinking leads to indecisiveness, mental exhaustion and self-defeating, negative thoughts. The solution is to learn how to outsmart your overthinking.

4. Find your safe place. When you develop your safe environment, a place where you can be free to be vulnerable, you will have no need to overthink things. When you slowly expand this environment, your Quiet Confidence will also expand and grow.

5. Find your tribe. Spend time with those who build you up, and support and encourage you unconditionally to express yourself.

6. Find a creative outlet. Developing and expressing your creative passions can lead you to become a Subject Matter Expert, which will help you will naturally become more confident.

7. Develop positive body talk. Confidence doesn’t have to be verbal. Becoming aware of, and adjusting, your body language, posture and physical appearance can provide you with instant confidence.

More: 7 Tips for Overcoming Shyness on World Introvert Day

words can't express how happy I'm for this piece of write up. more grease to ur elbow
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2019
[quote author=Yeyeboy88 post=74388441]How do i reach out to you on whatsapp [/quote

Send a whatsapp message to my business phone. Number- 0809199920.
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2019
Trademark007:

How do we get ur num nah oga boss

It's on my signature sir. Check my profile
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Itzneowizy(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2019
Passionate888:
I don't wish to overcome it.. It has saved my life twice.
..Lol....how?? grin.....I'm still hooked up in your line of thought...I don't want to overcome being an Introvert...
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Sunnyflex(m): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2019
xdunamis:
The truth is that we are all introvert and extroverts at the same time. Something is responsible for your present mood.

Infact you're 100% correct. Human mood varies with some certain degree of extroverted and introverted lifestyle.It's regulate. Not always constant.

In summary, we are all introvert and extrovert combined together. Something is responsible for the present mood we exhibit.
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Ayobami7(m): 9:32pm On Jan 02, 2019
Noted
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Yeyeboy88(m): 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
The number is not complete. Check well [quote author=PrecisionFx post=74391310][/quote]
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Reinah(f): 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2019
dancok:
don't mind them, shyness is not really an introvert feature, for me, i don't shy when the atmosphere interest me, i will talk nothing concern me.

I'm telling you.. I talk freely when I have with, even ask questions or contributions in any gathering but I'd have it at the back of my mind that recharging is important, I'd need hours of keeping quiet and thinking to have my energy back. grin

You don't think you could be an ambivert? wink wink

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Reinah(f): 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2019
marvinsync:

shey !!!!

people tell me I'm shy but I laugh and tell them I'm simply an "energy saving man"

Lol.. That's it, we are always on " energy saving mode"

Mine is more like a vampire's.. The sun drains my energy, so I come back home tired every time grin

Funny how some people think we are lazy too cry

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2019
Yeyeboy88:
The number is not complete. Check well

Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2019
Some are even boasting with it sef
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2019
Tissue:
Just make money bro...the confidence comes with it

I was once like that...until i started making money

It means ur own was caused by poverty sir grin
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
Reinah:
Being an introvert doesn't mean you are shy though.. We just prefer to stay calm more than anything and avoid whatever will sap our precious energy grin

Introverts run on low energy?
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2019
Tissue:
sports analysis...I'm good at it, making at least 20k everyday via live games...life is good bro

I have a whatsapp group on a 2k subscription fee, incase you're interested in getting my games and also want to know my gaming techniques

Here are some of my games

If it making 20k daily, u won't bother to disturb other people n collect 2k from dem every month grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
raptex:
That's a lie. Introverts aren't lazy people. Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Warren Buffet and many of the richest people in the world are introverts.

Evidence pls
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 02, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Evidence pls
Isn't the post you quoted enough evidence? undecided
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Reinah(f): 11:04pm On Jan 02, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Not exactly..

"We invest a lot and require greater returns. Indeed. I can have a long, deep, intense conversation at a party and feel energized by it whereas an equal amount of time spent in shallow chit-chat just sucks the life out of me. Yet some quiet people, people who don't hold up their end of a conversation, also exhaust", this is the sum grin
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Genty05(m): 12:21am On Jan 03, 2019
Passionate888:
I don't wish to overcome it.. It has saved my life twice.
how?
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Tissue: 12:26am On Jan 03, 2019
PrecisionFx:

It means ur own was caused by poverty sir grin
your madness has started, carry on smiley
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Sarang(f): 3:10am On Jan 03, 2019
udemzyudex:

Well it depends though, sometimes when I'm with someone I'm just meeting it doesn't mean I won't talk, but I prefer the person to take the lead, like start the conversation while I respond and we get along but expect me to start talking naa you go old oo.

For me it goes both ways..now

1 Like

Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by encryptjay(m): 5:32am On Jan 03, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Yeah, too much social contact drains me. Sometimes, I just quietly disappear from a gathering just to go and recharge.
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by udemzyudex(m): 7:15am On Jan 03, 2019
Sarang:

For me it goes both ways..now

Cool
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by marvinsync(m): 8:26am On Jan 03, 2019
Reinah:

Lol.. That's it, we are always on " energy saving mode"

Mine is more like a vampire's.. The sun drains my energy, so I come back home tired every time grin

Funny how some people think we are lazy too cry

lol yeah
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
raptex:
Isn't the post you quoted enough evidence? undecided

No.
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 03, 2019
PrecisionFx:

No.
I think it is.
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2019
PrecisionFx:

No.
What kinda evidence do you want then? angry
Re: 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
raptex:
What kinda evidence do you want then? angry

""That's a lie. Introverts aren't lazy people. Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Warren Buffet and many of the richest people in the world are introverts""

Evidence for this statement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? / How Did You Feel After Your First Child? / Are Introverts Born Or Made?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.