Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Advice Needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Needed (426 Views)

My Encounter With A Slay Queen (bad Boy Advice Needed) / Advice Needed.. Should I Quit Or Remain In This Kind Of Relationship / My Girlfriend Lied To Me About Being Pregnant. Advice Needed Please!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed by LittlestAngel: 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2019
Please help, people talk to me anyhow they please cause I'm quite shy and reserved, hardly talk and I get scared of talking back to them same way, how do I deal with this and start regarding people as they regard me?
Re: Advice Needed by SweetBuns(f): 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2019
You must be an introvert. Try to relate with people more. BTW, you sound like a young child. Try to socialize but not too much.
Re: Advice Needed by Khallyella(f): 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2019
I can relate, Stop being shy, relate with people, throway face and regard em how you're being regarded, if your respect ain't reciprocated, withdraw it, life's too short to be all snugged up in bed thinking about things you should confidently deal with and get over, all the best Mon Amor kiss
Re: Advice Needed by MissRaine69(f): 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2019
LittlestAngel:
Please help, people talk to me anyhow they please cause I'm quite shy and reserved, hardly talk and I get scared of talking back to them same way, how do I deal with this and start regarding people as they regard me?
Learn how to box/mixed martial arts
Anytime someone runs their mouth at you
Head butt them word goes around and they will leave you alone.
Finito
Re: Advice Needed by Kidaholic(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2019
That's sad angry Hey, I googled some stuff about dealing with shyness. Hope it helps...

1. Act confidently.
Confidence comes through action, learning, practice, and mastery. Remember when you learned how to ride a bike? It was terrifying at first, but after you just went for it and tried it, you got it, and felt confident. Social confidence works the same way.
Feeling anxious is not the problem; avoiding social interactions is the problem. Eliminate avoidance and you will overcome your anxiety.
2. Engage.
This means participating in small talk in the checkout line and talking to strangers at bars, stores, sporting events, and the gym. Additionally, approach the individuals to whom you are attracted romantically. Talk to them. Ask them to dance. Ask them out on dates.
Life is short. Who cares if you get rejected? There are seven billion people on this planet. You’re not expected to like or be liked by all of them. Take some chances and put yourself out there to meet new people.
3. Try new things, even if they make you anxious.
Join a club, a sports team, or an improv class. Pick up a new project, take on a difficult task at work, or learn a new skill. Do something to get out of your comfort zone.
Part of overcoming shyness is about developing confidence in several areas of your life and not letting anxiety, fear of failure, fear of rejection, or fear of humiliation get in your way. By practicing new activities, you are confronting your fear of the unknown and learning to handle that anxiety more effectively.
4. Talk.
Start practicing giving speeches or presentations and telling jokes or stories at every opportunity. Be more talkative and expressive in all areas of your life. Whether you’re at work, with friends, with strangers, or walking down the street, you can practice talking more openly. Let your voice and your ideas be heard.
Confident people are not preoccupied with whether everyone is going to like what they have to say. They speak their mind because they want to share, engage, and connect with others. You can do this too. Anxiety and shyness are not reasons to stay quiet.
5. Make yourself vulnerable.
A fear of being judged contributes to social anxiety and shyness. The only way to overcome this fear is to make yourself vulnerable. Practice doing this with the people you are close to and can trust. You might realize the more you do it, the closer you feel to others and the more pleasure and meaning you get out of those relationships. This will lead to increased confidence in yourself and in social interactions.
Being vulnerable requires a willingness to let others see the real you. Be proud of who you are. Being genuine and vulnerable is often the quality that others will appreciate the most about you.
6. Practice displaying confident body language.
Make eye contact when talking to someone. Walk with your head held high. Project your voice clearly and effectively. Shake hands. Give hugs. Stay in close proximity to others.
7. Be mindful.
Mindfulness has been defined simply as awareness. Wake up. Be present to all of your thoughts, feelings, sensations, and memories in any given moment. There is no part of your experience that you have to run from, escape, or avoid. Learn to appreciate yourself and the world around you, including those “panicky” thoughts and feelings, and just notice them without judgment.

Courtesy: Google
Re: Advice Needed by Oluromantic: 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2019
LittlestAngel:
Frankly, the best way to deal with ppl talking to you anyhow and not being able to talk back to them same way is to start one day, somehow by talking back to them in a more terrible and derogatory way. Your instinct will tell you how to begin when you're pushed to the wall. Even you won't believe you can. I don't think there's any other short cut..

Forget about google facts weh u dey see above. You have to face it bluntly, if possible carry garri turner or soup spoon threaten to hit am for the person head though you know you don't have the lever and one part of ur mind is panting seriously out of fear and shyness..but do it.

Na so I start my own o, ppl dey fear me now sef. Its madness that can cure madness. Even when you're on d wrong side and you don't have points to defend yourself, make it clear to the person that its wrong to address you in such a disrespectful manner when you can both talk things out amicably..and stand on that. Orelse ppl will keep taking you for granted. Till the end of the world, there will always be crazy people

Then when you've gained balance in ur reactions having mixed with a lot with people, you'll know who, when and how of replies to give to people depending on their actions towards you...cus definitely not all annoying actions needs a mad reaction.

Many parents don't know what they do to their kids' psychy by being authoritarians.
Re: Advice Needed by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 02, 2019
register in a sports club like kick boxing ,judo or tennis club or any other sports club.it will help to work on ur shyness and give u more confidence.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Trustyshoess I Love You / His Word / How Can I Make Real Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.