Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo (755 Views)

David Umahi Inspects The Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Road / ​Ossiomo Power Plant Begins 24-Hour Power Supply To Facilities In Edo State / Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Removal Of Lekki Second Roundabout (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by sundayerhun(m): 9:55pm On Jan 02, 2019
In a bold move to free Edo people and residents from the stranglehold of the inefficient Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) and undo the endless cycle of darkness foisted on electricity consumers in the state, Governor Godwin Obaseki on Wednesday, visited the 55 Megawatts CCETC-Ossiomo Power plant as the facility prepares to commence operation.

Addressing journalists after inspecting facilities and progress of work at the CCETC Clean Power/Ossiomo Power Plant, in Ologbo, near Benin City, Obaseki said the first phase of the project will be commissioned in April and would make more electricity available for distribution in the state.

He said the construction of transmission lines to deliver the power from the site to the city centre would soon commence, as the first set of equipment for the project would arrive from China in the first quarter of this year.

According to him, “We believe that before the end of the first quarter of the year, the first 5MW would be delivered to light up government offices and streets within the Sapele Road corridor of Benin City.”
He explained that “to ease distribution of the power, a substation would be set up around Kings Square, which would power streets in the city.”

The governor added: “We are concluding transaction to light up 200 Kilometres of our streets across the city. When the plant is completed, it will free up some electricity for the state. We believe that if the megawatts produced increase, the distribution company will have more power to distribute to other cities in the state.

"The ordinary Edo people will benefit from this power arrangement because there is an arrangement to drop power in certain processing centres where artisans can move into and do their businesses with the assurance of steady power supply.”

Director, CCETC Clean Energy/Ossiomo Power Plant, Dr. Uwa Igiehon, said the power plant is a joint venture between a Chinese Company, CCETC Clean Energy and Ossiomo Power to build a 55Megawatts plant in the state.

He said the power plant started in August 2018 and would be delivered in the next four to five months.

“We will be using natural gas from a 50-metre gas pipeline close to the site. The project will be in phases with the first phase of 5 megawatts to be delivered to the state government.”

The governor was also at the 1800-housing unit Emotan Gardens on Upper Sokponba Road, to see the extent of work at the estate.

Follow Governor Obaseki on Social Media
Facebook: fb.com/godwinobasekiofficial
Twitter: @governorobaseki
Instagram: @governorobaseki
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsPsv0iqJ0rBo_9qRYCoCag

Laslasticlala
Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by Born2Breed(f): 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2019
Great news....

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by buharitill2023: 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2019
the best governor in Nigeria. edo is APC., vote for next level
Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by abiolert(m): 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2019
Oba gha to pkere
Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by sundayerhun(m): 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2019
buharitill2023:
the best governor in Nigeria. edo is APC., vote for next level
Sorry, my dear, Edo people are wiser than that.
We know Obaseki is doing a good job, and we know Buhari is grossly incompetent.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 02, 2019
Modified
Does this reduce the load shedding going on over there?
Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by Jonadull: 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2019
sundayerhun:

Heart attack loading for you.
Edo is APC. Fact!
Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by buharitill2023: 4:53am On Jan 03, 2019
sundayerhun:

that is how you lack sense.
edo State can not be in an opposition party to fg party, if not , the good work can not continue if pdp by mistakenly win the presidency.
and we need to support buhari 100% in order to enjoy the benefit of this government,
for instance, States were not given right to generate their electricity. this is the first time such thing is happening.
Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by Nobody: 5:03am On Jan 03, 2019
buharitill2023:
the best governor in Nigeria.
edo is APC.,
vote for next level
yes na do you really think we'll vote for a party that almost ruin our state for over a decade?

Do you really think we'll leave oshiomole, Tony momoh and co to vote for Igbo party?
Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by helinues: 5:04am On Jan 03, 2019
Projects/achievements slayers. Best governor so far in Nigeria

Respect sir
Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by slimfit1(m): 5:05am On Jan 03, 2019
PDP will sign the contract you won't see money and the product only signboard.
Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 03, 2019
buharitill2023:
edo State can not be in an opposition party to fg party, if not , the good work can not continue if pdp by mistakenly win the presidency.
and we need to support buhari 100% in order to enjoy the benefit of this government,
for instance, States were not given right to generate their electricity. this is the first time such thing is happening.
you are right, Edo state was one of the 3 highest state buhari gave key appointment in federal level.

We cant go back playing opposition when it clear buhari will win
Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by buharitill2023: 5:21am On Jan 03, 2019
Edodefender:
yes na do you really think we'll vote for a party that almost ruin our state for over a decade?

Do you really think we'll leave oshiomole, Tony momoh and co to vote for Igbo party?
the way thief lucky igbinedion, thief anene and thief obj ruin edo STATE for 8yrs, i will never forgive or support pdp in my life.
and i don't know why any sane electorate in edo will ever think of voting for pdp.
Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by sundayerhun(m): 5:40am On Jan 03, 2019
Jonathan:
Heart attack loading for you. Edo is APC. Fact!
Seriously? I'm not that petty, my dear.
Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by sundayerhun(m): 5:43am On Jan 03, 2019
buharitill2023:

Sometimes, I wonder how people talk without taking a look at history

Still on Edo State, Oshiomhole was an ACN governor in a PDP leadership.

Comparing with what Lucky Igbinedion of PDP did in same PDP leadership, Oshiomhole was miles ahead.

Any body who lived in Benin between 1999 and 2016 will tell you that.

So what's the rationale behind your hurried assumption?
Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 03, 2019
buharitill2023:
the way thief lucky igbinedion, thief anene and thief obj ruin edo STATE for 8yrs, i will never forgive or support pdp in my life.
and i don't know why any sane electorate in edo will ever think of voting for pdp.
very the, they destroyed all the good companies and gave Edo people a bad reputation.

PDP,never again
Re: Obaseki Inspects The 55MW Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant In Edo by braveboy64(m): 6:10am On Jan 03, 2019
nice

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Campaigns For Muhammadu Buhari In U.S / ECOWAS, AFDB Sign Agreement & Contracts For The $22.7M Abidjan-lagos Highway / NYSC Corper Goes Into Hiding, Crying As Gunmen Storm Their Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.