Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com (1870 Views)

Microsoft Just Released NET MAUI Extension For VS Code / Open Source VTU Portal / wizGrade School Manager is Open Source - 100% free + source code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 10:52am On Jan 03, 2019
Hi guys, compliments of the season, i just released the first version of an icon pack that i have been working on at jolloficons.com, its a compilation of different icon design styles and African inspired emojis. Its a project that was inspired to have some African style/touch, i wanted to create icons that africans can relate to one way or the other and at the same time be used globally.

As a Visual Designer i was able to bring my creativity with some tech skills to create something that could be used across different platforms or projects you might have, from web to mobile apps, software , hardware, to print, fashion and any project at all, they are also free to use and modify. I would be adding more icons and illustrations as we go on into the year.

All icons were created with popular open source design software Figma, as one of the Figma Design Advocates for Africa, its also my responsibility to teach and preach the goodness and awesome things you can design with the software "Figma". Visit figma.com for more.

Link to the project on behance https://www.behance.net/gallery/74246891/Jollof-Icons-Volume-One-2018 1

Here are some images of the icons. Do check the site out. jolloficons.com

You can also drop suggestions and ideas of icons that you would love to be added to the collection

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 10:53am On Jan 03, 2019
Jollof emojis

1 Like

Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 10:54am On Jan 03, 2019
Jollof isometric icons category

Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 10:55am On Jan 03, 2019
Jollof 3d icons

Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by klazbaba(m): 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
Nice one.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 2:48pm On Jan 03, 2019
Thanks bro
klazbaba:
Nice one.
Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by silento(m): 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2019
Can use them for my project
Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 12:27am On Jan 04, 2019
good to know, feel free to download and modify the icons to suit your porjects, more icons and better improve site coming soon. Spread the word
silento:
Can use them for my project
Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by SetrakusRa(m): 2:03am On Jan 04, 2019
Awesome.. nice job
Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 7:55am On Jan 04, 2019
Thanks a lot
SetrakusRa:
Awesome.. nice job
Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2019
Visit Jolloficons.com for your projects, we are working on version 1.1 would love to get feedback on icons you will like to have added to the site
Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:53am On Jan 06, 2019
good job bro, impressive

1 Like

Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by talk2hb1(m): 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2019
Great Job Bro

1 Like

Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by Appguru(m): 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2019
Good Job!
More grace.

1 Like

Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by CodeTemplar: 11:20am On Jan 07, 2019
Nice work.

1 Like

Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 5:03am On Jan 08, 2019
Thanks bro
CodeTemplar:
Nice work.
Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 5:04am On Jan 08, 2019
Thanks a lot. God bless
Appguru:
Good Job!
More grace.
Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 5:04am On Jan 08, 2019
baba, thanks
ClintonNzedimma:
good job bro, impressive
Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 5:05am On Jan 08, 2019
i appreciate
talk2hb1:
Great Job Bro
Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by lzar: 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2019
gbozy:
Hi guys, compliments of the season, i just released the first version of an icon pack that i have been working on at jolloficons.com, its a compilation of different icon design styles and African inspired emojis. Its a project that was inspired to have some African style/touch, i wanted to create icons that africans can relate to one way or the other and at the same time be used globally.

As a Visual Designer i was able to bring my creativity with some tech skills to create something that could be used across different platforms or projects you might have, from web to mobile apps, software , hardware, to print, fashion and any project at all, they are also free to use and modify. I would be adding more icons and illustrations as we go on into the year.

All icons were created with popular open source design software Figma, as one of the Figma Design Advocates for Africa, its also my responsibility to teach and preach the goodness and awesome things you can design with the software "Figma". Visit figma.com for more.

Link to the project on behance https://www.behance.net/gallery/74246891/Jollof-Icons-Volume-One-2018 1

Here are some images of the icons. Do check the site out. jolloficons.com

You can also drop suggestions and ideas of icons that you would love to be added to the collection

Thanks.
I Need some icons with african feal for a social network for africa

1 Like

Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 8:04am On Jan 11, 2019
Hi can you send me a mail please? Gbmilla@gmail.com. Thanks
lzar:

I Need some icons with african feal for a social network for africa
Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by EvilSec: 5:44am On Jan 13, 2019
gbozy:
Jollof isometric icons category

Only the first three is African inspired because of the traditional caps, everything else looks pretty normal to me. No African stuffs there. Except if you want to say Africans head are shaped like that and we always have a line in the middle of our head "just being sarcastic btw". Even those three are just dumping traditional caps on normal emojis. You should try adding some tribal marks. And the emojis should look chocolate in colour. You can also research the pictures of famous masquerades and masks across Africa and create emojis for them. But overall, you did great buddy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Released My First Open Source Project Jolloficons.com by gbozy(m): 8:33am On Jan 13, 2019
Thanks for the feedback
EvilSec:

Only the first three is African inspired because of the traditional caps, everything else looks pretty normal to me. No African stuffs there. Except if you want to say Africans head are shaped like that and we always have a line in the middle of our head "just being sarcastic btw". Even those three are just dumping traditional caps on normal emojis. You should try adding some tribal marks. And the emojis should look chocolate in colour. You can also research the pictures of famous masquerades and masks across Africa and create emojis for them. But overall, you did great buddy.

(1) (Reply)

Learning Java Algorithms:merge Equal And Unequal Arrays. / Crystal Report In Vb.net / Can I Learn Python On My Own? Even With No Previous Knowledge In Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.