Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba (548 Views)

19 Years After, My University Not Yet Standing – Former VP, Atiku Laments / Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest / President Buhari, VP Atiku, Sanwo-olu, Others Mourn Lateef Jakande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by danduke85: 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
WHY FORMER VP ATIKU ABUBAKAR WITH RESTRICTED GLOBAL ACCESS CANNOT LEADBy Heineken Agbamu

Nigeria, with its unique location, diversity and rich natural resources has over the decades attracted and maintained a lot of global ties, partnership and foreign relationship in trade, commerce and direct foreign investments. This has largely been credited to purposeful leadership by individuals with integrity and ingenious ability to formulate attractive foreign policies, backed by solid long term Bilateral Agreements and Relations between Nigeria and many countries of the world including the United States of American (USA).

The emergence of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar as the presidential flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party ahead of the 2019 elections has raised more concerns than excitements owing to his track record of corrupt practices and mismanagement of public funds.

These corrupt activities led to his being blacklisted by the USA. This is because a Senate Report declared him and his family as Foreign Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) and thus unfit to be allowed entry to US because of his involvement in persistent money laundering activity using his political office as the Vice President of Nigeria.

He cannot be a saviour to the sin he created. The released Senate report in 2010 further exposed violation of U.S. Laws by both former Vice President Atiku and his wife Jennifer Douglas who became the clearing agent for illegal money transfers running into millions of dollars. Sequel to this criminality, the US Department of Home Security directed all US diplomatic missions to ensure Atiku is not granted US visa again.

Combating corruption and restructuring Nigeria cannot be steered by a man whose hands are deeply rooted in the damage the country has suffered. As a corrupt man, political hawks and self-centered individuals would remain his closest friends to serve their pecuniary interest.

Being barred from entering the U.S. suggest that, as President, Nigeria would be unable to be fully represented at the United Nations (UN) General Assembly and this would greatly undermine the countries influential powers as the giant of Africa.

Heineken Agbamu wrote this piece from brass in Bayelsa State

@OAM4J, @Mynd44 @Freiburger, @r231

OAM4J, Mynd44 Freiburger, r231

2 Likes

Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by clownboi: 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
OP you said many countries in the world..
Please apart from the US, Heineken Agbamu should name 1 other country.. undecided

i don't like the apc, neither will i make pdp a priority..i would rather vote both of them out..

VOTE OMOYELE SOWORE FOR PRESIDENT NEXT MONTH.
VOTE AAC

Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by thunder74(m): 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
Buhari and Aisha too could not visit USA until Buhari was elected the President of Nigeria. Diplomatic immunity will cover him when he is sworn in as the President of Nigeria this year.

2 Likes

Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by tolufase: 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2019
How does visiting or having unfiltered access other countries guarantee good governance? Buhari had been visiting some of these countries even before he was sworn him. What we get in return; poverty capital of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by MrPolitics: 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2019
If he becomes president, he would have diplomatic immunity and would be allowed to enter the US.
The same happened with Indian Prime Minister

2 Likes

Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by veryLoudsilence: 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
MrPolitics:
If he becomes president, he would have diplomatic immunity and would be allowed to enter the US.
The same happened with Indian Prime Minister

The discuss is not that of tourism, is of influence and investor confidence on Nigeria. who'll do business with you without confidence in your leadership.

3 Likes

Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by midb1: 3:42pm On Jan 03, 2019
I PITY PDP FOLKS SHA!
HOW CAN SOMEBODY IN HIS RIGHT SENSES SUPPORT ATIKU!
HOW, HOW CAN ?

Atiku is a big fraud, he cant enter U.S because they see him as a criminal
Atiku is wanted for prosecution by the American Justice system

Such a man wants to be president of Nigeria and some folks are supporting him .

MAY almighty God never allow corrupt element to lead us again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by ward90: 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2019
Chai!! people com crossover 2019 with this matter? Secondous asked Nigerians to forgive PDP for the mistake they made when they were in power for 16 years, the question I want Nigerians to ask PDP is what was their mistake?

On Atiku Abubakar, May i refer you to....

http://thestreetjournal.org/2011/09/wikileaks-%E2%80%9Chow-atiku-manipulated-40-million-communication-contract%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%93-el-rufai/

https://punchng.com/atiku-haunted-corrupt-demons-el-rufai/

http://saharareporters.com/2007/02/20/vice-president-atikus-burden-corruption

let me be going

1 Like

Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by Godblesspmb: 4:24pm On Jan 03, 2019
As far as other countries see your president as a corrupt criminal, they will not have confidence to invest in your country.
It baffled me how some people will be supporting a corrupt man who is wanted in the US to be the president of our great country.
Any body supporting Atiku is an enemy of this country.
GOD BLESS BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by danduke85: 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2019
Atiku again? It's just a few days to the Election. I guess the reminder is apt at this time. Nigerians need to know the truth and be set free from Wolves in sheep clothing. We cannot repeat governance before 2015 in 2019, never.

1 Like

Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by bantudra: 5:23pm On Jan 03, 2019
thunder74:
Buhari and Aisha too could not visit USA until Buhari was elected the President of Nigeria. Diplomatic immunity will cover him when he is sworn in as the President of Nigeria this year.

what the hell are you talkin about....??

1 Like

Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by midb1: 5:50pm On Jan 03, 2019
ATIKU IS A FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!

I will say this times without numbers

i will rather endure bubu for another four years ; than
be subjected to 8 YEARS OF ATIKU FRAUD

May GOD never allow looters rule us again
Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
thunder74:
Born in 1974 but still with no sense. What do you gain from telling the world that your brain doesn’t work well?
Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by bbamusa: 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2019
Atiku need to throw in the towel, in Keyamo voice. it is not about gaining diplomatic immunity, its about having trust on our leadership to guarantee their investment. who knows? Atiku may re-loot their investment money and make it a monumental disaster.
Re: Why Former Vp Atiku Abubakar With Restricted Global Access Cannot Lead – By Agba by Idokojimmy: 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2019
Here to read comments. But i know PDP will say the APC is also corrupt and that there is insecurity in the country.

I trust APC warriors will shoot that down by saying the anti-corruption was is being better prosecuted as some politically exposed persons including a former Governors have been convicted. They will also say 17 LGAs have not been taken under them. They shall also say rails have been activated, roads are being constructed, power has improved and that Nigerians is attaining self sufficiency in food production.

kwantinu.

But wetin do Atiku no wan go America self? Make him go make this matter rest gan

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Approves N161bn For Nigerian Tertiary Institutions / Is Ndi Igbo Cause To Fail? / Buhari Has Lost The 2019 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.