Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,073 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:26 AM

Father Kills His 2 Sons With Poison Over Witchcraft Suspicion(photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Father Kills His 2 Sons With Poison Over Witchcraft Suspicion(photos) (305 Views)

Woman Pours Hot Water On Co-Wife Over Witchcraft Suspicion In Ilorin / Father Kills Two Sons With Poison Over Witchcraft In Bayelsa (Photo) / Obituary Of Imo Couple & Their 3 Children Killed With Poison (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Kills His 2 Sons With Poison Over Witchcraft Suspicion(photos) by Sophiejonas: 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2019

The Bayelsa State Police Command arrested Mr Sunday Otasi for allegedly killing his 2 sons with a poisonous substance which was identified as Sniper, over a suspicion of witchcraft.

The 42-year-old father got the help of his younger brother, Levai Ayah, and they tied the boys to trees and forced them to drink the Sniper.

The incident was confirmed by the state’s commissioner for police, Aminu Selah, who disclosed that the father had made a confessional statement, while the search for the younger brother is still ongoing. The third son who was also tied to a tree managed to escape and is in critical condition.

Otasi, who hails from Agbobiri-Okodia in the Yenagoa local government area of Bayelsa, took his three sons, Success 14, Miracle 12, and Godstime 10, to a bush along Glory Drive Road, Igbogene, Yenagoa, with the help of his younger brother, Levai Ayah and tied the boys to trees and forced them to drink the poison.

According to reports, the children were said to have gotten into trouble with their father in September 2018 when a Yenagoa-based prophet, George Odoko, of the George Odoko Outreach Ministries, told Otasi that his children were wizards and were responsible for his illness, and since then, Otasi and his relatives reportedly tortured the children, based on the belief that they had been bewitched by their mother, who was no longer in the family.

Otasi, however, denied killing his sons, saying he only brought them to Yenagoa on December 29, 2018, for deliverance at Odoko’s church, because the prophet could not attend to them and he told his younger brother, Ajah, to return his children to his mother in the village.

He further claimed of having no knowledge of what happened to his children, saying “I don’t know what my brother did to my children on the way back to the village.”

Questioned in his hospital bed, the surviving son, Success, said he and his brothers were taken to the bush and forced to drink poison by their father and his brother.

He further said that his father told them they were going for a church service in Yenagoa, but diverted to the bush where they were tied up and given the substance to drink.He said:

"My father came to take us from our grandmother and told us that we were going to a church in Yenagoa, but when we got to the road, he and his brother took us to the bush and tied me and my younger brothers to trees and gave us ‘Sniper’ to drink.

I managed to come to the road after I used my legs to untie the rope and people saw me and took me to the hospital."
Source: https://lifewithcuttons.com.ng/2019/01/03/father-kills-his-2-sons-with-poison-over-witchcraft-suspicionphotos/

Re: Father Kills His 2 Sons With Poison Over Witchcraft Suspicion(photos) by Sophiejonas: 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2019

Re: Father Kills His 2 Sons With Poison Over Witchcraft Suspicion(photos) by fran6co(m): 2:49pm On Jan 03, 2019
Foolish father, foolish fake pastor, fake pastor everywhere
Re: Father Kills His 2 Sons With Poison Over Witchcraft Suspicion(photos) by Fierce11: 2:50pm On Jan 03, 2019
In this age and time? Smh.
With the help of a single volkswagen tyre, this evil vagabond should be reduced to ash..
I pray he gets served.
*spits

(1) (Reply)

Three Pupils Sent To Juvenile Home / Hisbah destroys 60,000 bottles of beer in Kano (Photos) / Wife Burnt Husband Alive For Refusing To Giver Her His Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.