Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (342856 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Chevronstaff: 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2020
Okato:
Hello everyone, please who know the likely questions for family reunion, for those who have gone for interview, please what are the questions asked by the consular.
Have you gotten an appointment date from the embassy?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nolia66(f): 9:05am On Jul 16, 2020
Okato:
Hello everyone, please who know the likely questions for family reunion, for those who have gone for interview, please what are the questions asked by the consular.

- where,when and how you met your spouse
- if your spouse has been married previously or has any kids
- date of birth
- where they were born
- house addy
- what happened when you guys first met
- how many times you have met
- if you guys have ever lived together
- where you guys stayed
- the last place you guys met
- you will also be tested on a lil German
- where your spouse does and where they work
- how much they earn
- your source/s of income
- what you do

That is basically it, I had my interview on Tuesday and it went very well. My interviewer was a young dude and he made the interview very comfortable for me, almost felt like I was gisting with a friend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DebbyD1(m): 9:35am On Jul 16, 2020
modelly:
Did you spouse do anything over there that made the visa processing time shorter? And also what documents did you submit, i misplaced my school certificate

I responded to this earlier, my previous post was removed and I was banned for a reason I don't know.

Anyways, summary of my last post is that I think your lost certificate won't be a problem if you can provide Police Report + Affidavit for the lost certificate. Just submit them along with the Statement of Result that you currently have with you.

Even if you submit the School Certificate, they will still visit your school to verify the authenticity and confirm you were truly a student on the institution as claimed.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DebbyD1(m): 9:37am On Jul 16, 2020
nolia66:

- where,when and how you met your spouse
- if your spouse has been married previously or has any kids
- date of birth
- where they were born
- house addy
- what happened when you guys first met
- how many times you have met
- if you guys have ever lived together
- where you guys stayed
- the last place you guys met
- you will also be tested on a lil German
- where your spouse does and where they work
- how much they earn
- your source/s of income
- what you do

That is basically it, I had my interview on Tuesday and it went very well. My interviewer was a young dude and he made the interview very comfortable for me, almost felt like I was gisting with a friend.

I guess it was the same guy that interviewed you that interviewed my wife as well. She said the young guy was really helpful and nice to her

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Fabulousaify(f): 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2020
DebbyD1:

I responded to this earlier, my previous post was removed and I was banned for a reason I don't know.

Anyways, summary of my last post is that I think your lost certificate won't be a problem if you can provide Police Report + Affidavit for the lost certificate. Just submit them along with the Statement of Result that you currently have with you.

Even if you submit the School Certificate, they will still visit your school to verify the authenticity and confirm you were truly a student on the institution as claimed.
Please is it police report and affidavit or either of the two?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by buckkie: 12:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
Hello everyone , please does anyone know if German embassy is attending to people with expired work permit for renewal now as i can see they started attending to family reunion appointment , I have called them but they kept saying they have not resumed so I am just curious as they are granting interviews , isnt it same VISA section that does both . Please help me if you have any information as my visa expired due to Covid restriction and no flights in Lagos
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nolia66(f): 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
Please has anyone been asked to submit a new A1 certificate since the one submitted to the embassy has exceeded one year?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Sylviacool: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2020
nolia66:
Please has anyone been asked to submit a new A1 certificate since the one submitted to the embassy has exceeded one year?

Yes
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Fabulousaify(f): 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
I don't understand, will you re write the exam or you just need to go and get another certificate from goethe?
Sylviacool:

Yes
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nolia66(f): 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
Fabulousaify:
I don't understand, will you re write the exam or you just need to go and get another certificate from goethe?

Rewrite
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by emmanero: 5:35pm On Jul 17, 2020
Please house, we need update about the work visa section.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DebbyD1(m): 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
Fabulousaify:

Please is it police report and affidavit or either of the two?

I can't say for sure but I feel Affidavit will hold more grounds if you can only produce one

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by homirefacuny(m): 1:55am On Jul 19, 2020
Hi good people!
I am concerned about some issues and I will need honest opinions from experienced folks. I am currently a student in Germany. I have a partner in Nigeria. I have done my introduction before I left last year. My initial plan was that she would join me this year through the same route(student visa) cos she has a 2.1 in her field which qualified her for the cat A until the German embassy changed the criteria. Now she no longer qualifies for the A category embarassed.
I decided to try the family reunion route, I read a couple of info online and I am very confused right now. “The marriage with you’re the spouse to join, should have happened before you’ve obtained the German student visa”.
Here is my question
Does this means that if I go home to do a court marriage soon, she can’t join me in Germany through this route?
Pls I would like to know the depths of this info before I delve into the process. I am so worried right now sad

All answers will be appreciated! Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by homirefacuny(m): 11:38am On Jul 19, 2020
homirefacuny:
Hi good people!
I am concerned about some issues and I will need honest opinions from experienced folks. I am currently a student in Germany. I have a partner in Nigeria. I have done my introduction before I left last year. My initial plan was that she would join me this year through the same route(student visa) cos she has a 2.1 in her field which qualified her for the cat A until the German embassy changed the criteria. Now she no longer qualifies for the A category embarassed.
I decided to try the family reunion route, I read a couple of info online and I am very confused right now. “The marriage with you’re the spouse to join, should have happened before you’ve obtained the German student visa”.
Here is my question
Does this means that if I go home to do a court marriage soon, she can’t join me in Germany through this route?
Pls I would like to know the depths of this info before I delve into the process. I am so worried right now sad

All answers will be appreciated! Thanks

Edakun I still need answers o. Bitte
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by modelly: 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
Wishing you all the best on tuesday, do let us know the outcome. Thanks
nuel80:
Got my family reunification visa appointment for the 21 of July, my heart beats because I did not make the cut off for A1 language certificate test and the second exam I enrolled for would have come before my canceled appointment in March, and now my appointment came before the exam date. Does anyone have idea what my case would possibly be like?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by bamdexfarms(m): 12:07am On Jul 20, 2020
homirefacuny:

Edakun I still need answers o. Bitte

Hello, where did you get the bolded statement from?... I am also a student in Germany and I went back to Nigeria for my wedding. My wife is also on the family reunion waiting list. To the best of my knowledge, I think one have to live in Germany for 2 years to qualify for reunion.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nolia66(f): 2:03am On Jul 20, 2020
nuel80:
Got my family reunification visa appointment for the 21 of July, my heart beats because I did not make the cut off for A1 language certificate test and the second exam I enrolled for would have come before my canceled appointment in March, and now my appointment came before the exam date. Does anyone have idea what my case would possibly be like?

I think that is not much of a big deal, just go with the certificate you have, use that one to enter first, when you get to the interviewer then you can then explain and tell them you have a pending exam. I bet all they would ask you to do is to resubmit that one at a later date. You just have to make sure you pass this time around. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zamani234: 10:06am On Jul 20, 2020
Hello nolia66, Trust you are doing great. When you went for your interview, did you see people coming in for other categories of visa asides family reunion? e.g work visa,??

nolia66:

I think that is not much of a big deal, just go with the certificate you have, use that one to enter first, when you get to the interviewer then you can then explain and tell them you have a pending exam. I bet all they would ask you to do is to resubmit that one at a later date. You just have to make sure you pass this time around. Goodluck
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nuel80: 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
nolia66:

Okay thanks guys...I had my interview today and it all went well, they have accepted my application without the A1 certificate, though I have presented the statement of result from my last exam and also a document that shows I have registered for the exam before the covid19 changed things.
So far, the interview was cool, I never knew I was on interview until I was told it’s over smiley
Good luck to others waiting for theirs.
I wish myself good luck oooooo

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nuel80: 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
Your entire school certificates are required, endeavor to go with them.

modelly:
Yes, cos someone said here that school certificate is not needed for the visa, what i saw on their website as checklist for nigerans school certificate is stated as requirement

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Fabulousaify(f): 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2020
Thank God for you. Hopefully those of us that haven't gone will come back with the same testimony
nuel80:

Okay thanks guys...I had my interview today and it all went well, they have accepted my application without the A1 certificate, though I have presented the statement of result from my last exam and also a document that shows I have registered for the exam before the covid19 changed things.
So far, the interview was cool, I never knew I was on interview until I was told it’s over smiley
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nolia66(f): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
zamani234:
Hello nolia66, Trust you are doing great. When you went for your interview, did you see people coming in for other categories of visa asides family reunion? e.g work visa,??

All the people I went in with were for family reunion
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by homirefacuny(m): 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2020
bamdexfarms:

Hello, where did you get the bolded statement from?... I am also a student in Germany and I went back to Nigeria for my wedding. My wife is also on the family reunion waiting list. To the best of my knowledge, I think one have to live in Germany for 2 years to qualify for reunion.

I read the bolded on one website for immigration but then I sent a mail to the embassy stating the specific situation above and I was informed she can apply for family reunion. Best of luck to your wife. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by modelly: 11:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
Thanks for sharing, when did you book your appointment? Was it this year?
nuel80:

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by knogbu: 11:10pm On Jul 20, 2020
Thank God oooo.

Please how much is the visa fees?

modelly:
Thanks for sharing, when did you book your appointment? Was it this year?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by knogbu: 11:11pm On Jul 20, 2020
Good one.
How much did you pay as visa fee?
nuel80:

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by knogbu: 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2020
Congrats. How much was the visa fee pls?
nolia66:

All the people I went in with were for family reunion
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nolia66(f): 12:59am On Jul 21, 2020
knogbu:
Congrats. How much was the visa fee pls?

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by modelly: 9:54am On Jul 21, 2020
When did you book for appointment?
nolia66:

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nolia66(f): 11:23am On Jul 21, 2020
modelly:
When did you book for appointment?

June last year
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nuel80: 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2020
How was yours 32,000?
I was asked to pay NGN35,000 and the NGN150,000 verification fee.

Please does anyone know how this lawyer verification thing works? Or how it is done?

nolia66:

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ahmed4002(m): 2:24pm On Jul 21, 2020
nuel80:
How was yours 32,000?
I was asked to pay NGN35,000 and the NGN150,000 verification fee.

Please does anyone know how this lawyer verification thing works? Or how it is done?

The Visa fee depends on the prevailing exchange rate within that period.

The 150K is fixed for the verification process.

The lawyer contact you in order to check your immediate family members.
In laws, school attended, hospital of birth, friends, etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (188) (Reply)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.