Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash (35969 Views)

Flight Lt Abubakar Alkali Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Kaduna (Photos) / ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Members Arrive Maiduguri From Niger In Military Aircraft / Air Force Officer Who Married 2 Weeks Ago Dies In Borno Aircraft Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Jonadull: 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
PointZerom:

Yoyou will not die. God is by his side.
Rotfl cheesy

Clown
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Olawalesmarter(m): 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
Daboomb:

Check and you will see that those making these stupid assertions and crying wolf, are from Eastern section of the country and predominantly PDP sympathisers.
If for every soldier lost in battle, the President is declared incompetent, then these ignorant yoots from the PDP/East should go and engage the terrorist and let us see if they can do a better job.

Any small thing, even of their wife refuse to born a male child, they will start shouting Buhari ...as if that will stop us from re-electing him next month.

it is getting annoying they are part of the problem of this country they politicize everything and it is getting annoying. Even if our Army were the best in the World some of them would still die, Sometimes everything go out of control and Accidents and Mistakes Happens but most comments here shows Nigerians are just dumb and it is annoying embarassed
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by PointZerom: 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
Jonathan:
Rotfl cheesy
Clown
Your middle name.
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by musa234(m): 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
Passionfruit:

Receive sense once again, it doesn’t have to be between this two old dinosaurs with no ideas. If only everyone that made this statement will support Sowore and see whether it will be a two horse race.
He's saying the truth bro. I know both Apc and pdp are thesame set of thieves but the fact is that sowore or any other party cannot win this election because of the way we practice election in Nigeria, also the way Nigeria is structured, it will be a miracle if another party wins apart from the two major parties.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by PointZerom: 7:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

it is getting annoying they are part of the problem of this country they politicize everything and it is getting annoying. Even if our Army were the best in the World some of them would still die, Sometimes everything go out of control and Accidents and Mistakes Happens but most comments here shows Nigerians are just dumb and it is annoying embarassed

Shut up....do you want some throwbacks of what APC and northerners said against PDP and GEJ?
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by colestephan86: 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2019
PointZerom:

Why are you in pains?
You are the one in pain, cos u can't stop tagging the president to you life problems. Anyways news flash , he is coming back for another 4yrs and I hope u will survive your pain till then.
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Jonadull: 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
PointZerom:

Your middle name.
colestephan86:

You are the one in pain, cos u can't stop tagging the president to you life problems. Anyways news flash , he is coming back for another 4yrs and I hope u will survive your pain till then.
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by PointZerom: 7:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
colestephan86:

More four years of impoverishment to his people. Igbos survived three years of war for your info.
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Classiqueman93: 7:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
When Nigerian Government and the top heads in the Nigerian army are ready to fight and oust these pigs out of North East Nigeria, they will do so.

Now, they are just busy making money out of the predicament Nigeria is inside.
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by colestephan86: 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2019
PointZerom:

More four years of impoverishment to his people. Igbos survived three years of war for your info.
ode who is talking about your self inflicted war. what you guys don't still understand is that it was business as usual in the other parts of the country during your self inflicted pain
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Olawalesmarter(m): 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2019
PointZerom:

Shut up....do want some throwbacks of what APC and northerners said against PDP and GEJ?

You are stupid, So in your eyes you are campaigning for PDP ? How much are you promise? and what political office are you seeking through PDP must you politicize everything? I was talking base on what happened excluding any political interest. You guys are part of Nigeria problem so you think i was rooting for APC? I am not going to vote for PDP and APC, and i am just talking base on what happened. You guys that politicise everything are part of Nigeria problems
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Wallade(m): 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2019
The helicopter must have been shot down with the artillery of Boko Haram, yet PMB/APC government keep voting funds for security which they originally intend to divert through corrupt means.

1 Like

Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Passionfruit: 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2019
musa234:
He's saying the truth bro. I know both Apc and pdp are thesame set of thieves but the fact is that sowore or any other party cannot win this election because of the way we practice election in Nigeria, also the way Nigeria is structured, it will be a miracle if another party wins apart from the two major parties.

Maybe we should all vote for him and see what happens, so that we won’t blame ourselves when the suffering begins under apc or pdp
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by wink2015(m): 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2019
nwakibie3:
Olaleye Aluko, Abuja

Five crew members, including two pilots and three personnel of the Nigerian Air Force have been confirmed dead in the helicopter crash which occurred in Damasak, Borno State, late on Wednesday.

The deceased are identified as; Flight Lieutenant Perowei Jacob, pilot in command; Flight Lieutenant Kaltho Kilyofas, co-pilot; Sergeant Auwal Ibrahim, flight technician; Lance corporal Adamu Nura, gunner, and Aircraftman Meshack Ishmael, gunner.

The NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, confirmed their deaths in a release on Thursday, noting that their remains had been deposited in Maiduguri, Borno State.

An attack helicopter of the NAF deployed in the fight against the Boko Haram insurgents had been reported to have been lost in combat.

The NAF had said the aircraft was lost around 10.30pm on Wednesday, noting that the helicopter was providing close air support to troops of 145 Battalion at Damasak in Northern Borno State.
Northern Borno is a vulnerable area where the Islamic State of West African Province fighters were attempting to overrun military bases, with attacks on Metele, Buni Gari and Baga in the latest attempted invasion on December 26 and 27, 2018.

The NAF’s spokesman, Daramola, had said, “A Nigerian Air Force helicopter was lost in combat while providing close air support to troops of 145 Battalion at Damasak in Northern Borno State. The mission was part of the ongoing counter-insurgency operations in the North-East.

“The incident, occurred about 7:45pm on January 2. Details of the cause of the crash are still scanty. As soon as the details of the crash are known, they will be made available to the public.”

More details later…

https://punchng.com/breaking-five-pilots-troops-die-in-military-aircraft-crash/

That ijaw man Flight Lieutenant Pereowei Jacob just wasted his life for Northern Nigeria crisis.

Your ijaw people are suffering in the Niger delta region from environmental degradation and ecological devastation. But he went to join the military of a failed republic.

No tangible federal government project in ijaw land and the other parts of the niger delta region.

But the government is spending so much on the military.
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by MrMoney55: 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2019
which war collage ? 6 months course na war collage be that just like going to evening school
PointZerom:
Buhari is a disaster.

To think that the idiot attended USA war college baffles me.
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:03pm On Jan 03, 2019
Every body keeps shouting Boko Haram

Like we dont know that Boko Haram is an object of the Government. Who do you think put them there.

If Boko Haram were as stubborn as the media would make us believe, they should have overrun the entire nation by now like ISIS did to Syria. We should be having resistance groups springing left right and center.

We are here talking about ill equipped soldiers who take only 2 magazine for their rifles to war. If that were s we should not have any military anymore......they should have all being killed by now.

You and I would not be sitting here typing rants.....they would be conscripting us into the army by now.

The fact that these insurgencies are happening in pockets tells me someone of some people up there are sponsoring these guys.

Think about all that loan that Buhari collected that he purportedly dolled out.......who do you think he gave the money to.

Let us not forget what Bubu said the first time he lost an election......he said he was prepared to make Nigeria ungovernable if he did not win. And that was exactly what he did in 2009.

Uptil now, he has refused to proscribe them. Now it is not just Boko Hram.......it has now included cowboys with assault rifles.

When you call blood suckers to come and help you clear a space, better be prepared to continue giving them more blood when you move into the space, otherwise it is your blood they would come for next. That is what is happening here.
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by ugbede69(m): 8:13pm On Jan 03, 2019
our armed forces.are.not weak, ogas r using them to make money...political ogas
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 03, 2019
PointZerom:
Buhari is a disaster.

He may have TRAVELED as usual but never attended CLASSES, I can bet my degrees on that
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Bellings: 8:26pm On Jan 03, 2019
nwakibie3:
Olaleye Aluko, Abuja

Five crew members, including two pilots and three personnel of the Nigerian Air Force have been confirmed dead in the helicopter crash which occurred in Damasak, Borno State, late on Wednesday.

The deceased are identified as; Flight Lieutenant Perowei Jacob, pilot in command; Flight Lieutenant Kaltho Kilyofas, co-pilot; Sergeant Auwal Ibrahim, flight technician; Lance corporal Adamu Nura, gunner, and Aircraftman Meshack Ishmael, gunner.

The NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, confirmed their deaths in a release on Thursday, noting that their remains had been deposited in Maiduguri, Borno State.

An attack helicopter of the NAF deployed in the fight against the Boko Haram insurgents had been reported to have been lost in combat.

The NAF had said the aircraft was lost around 10.30pm on Wednesday, noting that the helicopter was providing close air support to troops of 145 Battalion at Damasak in Northern Borno State.
Northern Borno is a vulnerable area where the Islamic State of West African Province fighters were attempting to overrun military bases, with attacks on Metele, Buni Gari and Baga in the latest attempted invasion on December 26 and 27, 2018.

The NAF’s spokesman, Daramola, had said, “A Nigerian Air Force helicopter was lost in combat while providing close air support to troops of 145 Battalion at Damasak in Northern Borno State. The mission was part of the ongoing counter-insurgency operations in the North-East.

“The incident, occurred about 7:45pm on January 2. Details of the cause of the crash are still scanty. As soon as the details of the crash are known, they will be made available to the public.”

More details later…

I remember it was this same place a guy narrated Nigerian Air force helicopters that help to provide air support to ground troops, he said this helicopter lack night vision what else is there to investigate.
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by uchennaq(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2019
PointZerom:
Buhari is a disaster.

Making a lot of sense bro
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Okeyc230: 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2019
No hope for efficient Nigeria in view
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by LZAA: 9:28pm On Jan 03, 2019
Olawalesmarter:
I wonder why there is a lot of Idiots on Nairaland, This is A War for god sake, even USA are no match for terrorists in Afghanistan, they lost 51 soldiers in Last year November, i think you guys are watching too much hollywood movies to think only those guys can conquer bokoharam. USA have been fighting in Afghanistan since when? and i don't know how there wouldn't be casualties in Any War no matter your arms even if you are well armed to the core, Just pray for the army and stoll all this trash talking
USA armed afghan rebels during the cold war and are now fighting them
Compare 51 soldiers to the hundredsvlost last year due to sabotage and tribalism and then see why nobody in his sane mind is comparing US and here
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by eejo(m): 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
Nigerian Air Force should follow the basic rule of air combat. Helicopters are deployed after Jets have done their job by taking out any ground to air capability of the enemy. Boko haram AA guns on trucks can bring down helicopters. Nigerian needs F 16s to F 32 or Su 25 Jets with Drones to eliminate those jihadist
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by syntax50: 9:53pm On Jan 03, 2019
nwakibie3:
Olaleye Aluko, Abuja

More details later…

1)The NAF had said the aircraft was lost around 10.30pm on Wednesday, noting that the helicopter was providing close air support to troops of 145 Battalion at Damasak in Northern Borno State
AND
2)The incident, occurred about 7:45pm on January 2. Details of the cause of the crash are still scanty. As soon as the details of the crash are known, they will be made available to the public.

WHICH OF THESE TWO STATEMENTS IS THE OFFICIAL POSITION OF THE NIGERIAN AIR FORCE
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Frankicent(m): 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2019
EmekaBlue:
I had goose bumps when i was reading thru d names bcoz my blood bro is an airforce pilot and he always complain of d scrap fighter helicopters they manage.

I pity the families of these fallen air heroes. May their souls RIP

where is he at?
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Askme8: 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
kettykin:
it seems this battle is no longer military battle but spiritual
hahaha u bad shaa
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Yoighaman(m): 10:20pm On Jan 03, 2019
Gallant men...may their souls rest in peace...much love.
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by TheAlchemist: 12:51am On Jan 04, 2019
why was only 1 helicopter deployed for this mission. our military heads are handling this boko haram issue with kids gloves.
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Classiqueman93: 12:52am On Jan 04, 2019
Precious lives are wasted every day. Rip to the dead
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by Xander85: 1:39am On Jan 04, 2019
1759King:
cry
This is the worst time to be a member of the Nigerian armed forces. May their souls rest in peace and may their families find solace.

The best time was when they were executing coups left, right and centre!
Re: 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash by 1759King: 4:56am On Jan 04, 2019
Xander85:

The best time was when they were executing coups left, right and centre!
Every soldier is aware he/she may die in battlefield. If you knew the real truth behind soldiers' deaths at the hands of BHT you'd understand my point. I have people in the military and the public knows absolutely nothing about the real truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe / See The Gift Emir Of Damaturu Gave To President Jonathan / Ministers Who Want To Become Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.