Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / . (2225 Views)

No 1 Best Web Designer | See everything you need to know about Blogging / Admind Please Delete This Thread / Mods Please Unban My Account And This Thread Cc Lalasticlala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by ediko5(m): 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
bladeshakers:

A little bit of observation would have prevented this insult.

First messages on this thread on jan 04 after which i got a client and delivered.

Next messages came on the 9th when I didn't have any project on hand.

And if you are so sure of my coding skills and level how a coding challenge between the both of us right here on nairaland so the world can see you the novice is really.

Ooh and by the way, you can check my current project for a procurement and logistics company in china - Hugo Diamond
http://www.hugodiamond.bladeshakers.com {90% completed} and maybe have a feel of my "not even intermediate coding skills."

P.S Saw your site http://www.webtechgarden.com - surely an "expert coder" can do better and eeh your contact page - http://webtechgarden.com/contact-us/ is totally broken maybe you should redirect some of your time and energy to fixing that and I am pretty sure a little customization won't hurt the ThemeGrill WordPress theme you are using either.

Thanks, Ebere.

my site you quoted is an abandoned project. I used that site as a practical to lecture someone on coding. I haven't been to that site for so many months now. It is a product of practical web development class.

Meanwhile i never remembered calling MYSELF a full stack web developer which I AM NOT.

Google the meaning of a FULL STARK WEB DEVELOPER before you start jumping around.
Re: . by ediko5(m): 1:57pm On Jan 14, 2019
bladeshakers:
PLEASE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM and see how ediko5 insulted me for no reason. I feel very insulted as having checked some of the guys projects http://www.contactbook.com.ng and http://www.webtechgarden.com he is not even in the same league as my kid brother who I am still teaching.

Please guys,

This might be a faceless, public forum but you have no right to insult anyone you see.

A little bit of maturity would go a long way.

Thanks, Ebere.

You are a pathetic homo sapien, Did i tell you i'm a full stark developer?

Oh, i can build the lowest standard sites in the world, but the fact remains, you are not and can never be a full stark developer with this attitude of yours.

Gosh, see desperateness
Re: . by ediko5(m): 2:02pm On Jan 14, 2019
makavele2:
Where did I say your website was crap? I dont

By the way, you talk too much to even be intermediate

So I repeat, you are a junior programmer going by all

standards. Finally your comprehension skills are zero.

Cos it seems you read and find it hard to understand

what is being said.

My brother this guy argues off-point.

Imagine he went and modified his post just to point to my sites which i termed "Abandoned Projects" even as a junior coder that he refers me to, i am not desperate neither do i go about spamming every where for jobs but i bet this guy that he can't work in my present company as the software developer which is what i do right now.
Re: . by makavele2: 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2019
ediko5:

My brother this guy argues off-point.

Imagine he went and modified his point just to point to my sites which i termed "Abandoned Projects" even as a junior coder that he refers me to, i am not desperate neither do i go about spamming every where for jobs but i bet this guy that he can't work in my present company a the software developer which is what i do right now.

I have met quite a lot of them like this on Nairaland.
The way I treat them is invite them over to my office,
open Notepad and tell them to build something; no matter how small.
And your guess is a good as mine!
Re: . by DualCore1: 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2019
bladeshakers:

and talking about API, that is just a way an application exposes some of its interface to the outside to manipulate its data hence the name Application Programmable Intrface. So if you looked at the site you would know there is no need for API as it does not communicate with any third party applications. Yea, you could write an API on your server and have your frontend call it but over kill for this.

Thanks, again.

Your backend should expose ALL its functionality through an API. You should control what resource is available to what consumer through authentication. Ideally your frontend should have no direct business with your backend... the API is the middleman. You think creating an API is overkill? No it isn't. Don't think of it as being overkill, think of it as being scalable.

One of your projects has an order tracking system and from what I'm seeing (you can correct me if I'm wrong), you think you don't need an API for that. Well, the front facing application may be the only consumer of your backend resources for now and you would think it wise to just hardwire the frontend to the backend. But, what happens when your client tells you they want a mobile application (Android, iOS, etc) for that same order tracking feature? This is where an API will shine.

To be frank with you, I saw your threads a couple of days ago asking for jobs and I was like... if this guy is really a full stacky, he shouldn't have this much time to play. That's just my opinion.

I have read your responses to the two individuals tackling you here and I'll just say this... (this is solely my opinion though and I am not afraid to be wrong)... You seem like a comfortable big fish in a small pond. The problem is, the "bigness" of the fish and the "smallness" of the pond are only a figment of your imagination. In reality you're a very tiny fish in a very tiny school of fish in a very mighty ocean, honestly... very tiny, atomically tiny. Don't feel bad though! if its any consolation, we all are tiny and inconspicuous and we all are in the same big ocean (including those two people giving you headache, the difference is that they know it already). The difference between you and that other tiny guy over there could just be attitude, acceptance of the reality and a determination to be less tiny.

You got to accept the fact that you know relatively nothing and try to learn something new everyday to have less nothing to worry about not knowing. I'm not here to bash you, I really want you to put things into perspective and instead of thinking you have been insulted, look for a way to profit from this thread. Look at me, I have been here since 2008 or so, I don't think there's any type of web application I haven't built on the LAMP stack. I have gotten to the point where I spend hours writing codes and at the end they don't fail any tests and I am uncomfortable about that. I code for the bugs but when I don't see bugs I don't think I'm that good... I just think I have pushed my luck further at this fraud called me, again! I finally found the phrase for it a while back... "impostor syndrome" (Google it).

You seem to have a lot of time and energy on your side. I would say weldone on the projects you've done. I would also say you should get along with the times and embrace new techs. I'm not one of those PHP-bashing guys but I'll advise you to explore other techs and ground yourself up. The next time you should be getting in a developer war with anyone, you should be spitting out your Github and Stackoverflow profile links... not screenshots of your IDE or links to projects.

Btw, anyone reading this and thinking of a good place to learn full stack development, I will recommend FreeCodeCamp.org. When you done with that and you got all 5 certificates, you can look deeper into JS with the "You Don't Know JS" series available for free on Github (Google it). You can also look at the book "Eloquent JS"... for some, that book goes downhill from Chapter 4, so watch out.

Happy coding.

2 Likes

Re: . by makavele: 12:56am On Jan 20, 2019
modestbrowser:

Thank u so much.

whatsapp chat

Picture proves it . .
You have to keep calm and learn
Not talk like a woman
When I get lucky I'll meet the real mark
You talk to to much to be a man
Check your nairaland now I just quoted you now
No see I'm o ly talking cox u said I didn't do what I did
with my makavele handle

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheap Premium Website / How To Change SMF Forum Favicon Without Any Mods / Order and Chaos 2 unlimited runes hack cheat tool download Android iOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.