Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? (31831 Views)

Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? / Lady Calls Out Man Who Has Been Asking Her Out But Got Married In December / Lady Stages Proposal After Facebook Said She Would Be Married In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Goodplace: 12:50am On Jan 05, 2019
Please advice, wish to get married, live in a self contain but working for a salary less than 80k. Is it reasonable to live with a wife in a one room?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by pythonkid(m): 12:52am On Jan 05, 2019
No bro , you have to build a duplex before you get married bro.

452 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by leonard002(m): 12:54am On Jan 05, 2019
Not advisable. Save more and get a better accommodation.

Check out THIS POST if you are a medical or allied student for guidance on medical internship placement in Nigeria

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by kushercain: 12:58am On Jan 05, 2019
Not really. A 2 bedroom is better, especially when you get a kid and either your mom or mil comes over

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by pythonkid(m): 1:03am On Jan 05, 2019
kushercain:
Not really. A 2 bedroom is better, especially when you get a kid and either your mom or mil comes over

Why can't he get married now since he can't afford two bedroom for now , they can do family planning and put heads together to work on a brighter future , if you wait until you save enough for two bedroom my guy u may end up getting married 3years later than intended .

294 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by madone: 1:28am On Jan 05, 2019
If ur girlfriend is OK with it go ahead marry her my guy. If she can marry u cos u dey self come free her. I wonder why people don't know who they are.

169 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Adebowhales(m): 1:29am On Jan 05, 2019
always coming behind me.
Dem take follow follow do this niggae ni.

Op, at the end of it all, you will be left to your fate.
Don't live above your means.
The grass isn't always green at the other side.

Hustlers should stay away from 1xbet.

15 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:39am On Jan 05, 2019
It all depends on you and your wife to be.
Its not the people here that will dictate to you how to start your life.
You won't be living in the self contain forever innit?!
We don't know you and your bae background.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Newboss(m): 2:56am On Jan 05, 2019
I know a guy who did that thing about 4 years ago. Till date, he still lives in a self contain while popping kids like champagne grin grin

Don't do it. It could make you desperate for money irrespective of who you married. You might end up considering doing rituals sef grin grin You don't need such pressure in your life

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by CreepyBlackpool: 3:15am On Jan 05, 2019
no don't marry her now.
Wait till you build a duplex.

When you build a duplex you will come and ask us again and we will tell you to wait till you can afford a mansion.

When you finally own a mansion come and ask us again so we'll tell you to wait till you own an estate.

You're asking us because it's us your getting married to :[

162 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by oluwasegun007(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2019
I don't know how to advise you...

But am of the believe that we know the answer to some questions troubling us...

11 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by allanphash7(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2019
I'm not being rude to you OP but i want you to ask yourself this question(s)

Which apartment were you raised by your parents?

Was your mom contented with what your dad gave out to her?

Was there love and understanding?

Oga OP never allow your emotional feelings to rise upon your DIGNITY, INTEGRITY AND YOUR REASONING because those are the things that make you a man

Live within your means

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by BruncleZuma: 10:44am On Jan 05, 2019
Cut your coat according to your size and available material.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Jh0wsef(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2019
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by kolafolabi(m): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2019
A room self con is OK when you don't have visitors

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Offpoint: 10:45am On Jan 05, 2019
yeah, The sex is always extra ordinary.

Abraham got married to Sarah in a hut

Adam was homeless when he married eve.

My great grandpa got married while still living with his father, my grandpa.

as long as there's enough space for bed, get married and pump those kids.

Happy Easter everyone.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by fergieboy: 10:45am On Jan 05, 2019
people stay in ordinary one room sef and they go born reach 6 pikin

So self con. Is better

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by amamahdaniel(m): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2019
[quote author=Goodplace post=74461386]Please advice, wish to get married, live in a self contain but working for a salary less than 80k. Is it reasonable to live with a wife in a one room?[/� uote]
Useless question. My dad and mum get married in face me and slap you house �. Today they are living comfortably in there apartment.
Its not about how you started but how you finish the race. Rome is not built in a day. I have seen so many couples that live in face me and slap you. Today there case is different. Wise up bro.

14 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by vastolord4(m): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2019
Bro! To avoid gossip and "I told u so", look for a flat.. it's best that way.. cos in that kind of room setup, gossip must de and she must join one team

12 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Bizmagnet: 10:45am On Jan 05, 2019
What matters in marriage is understanding and vision. Some started out in a room (face me, I face you) and are living in their personal apartments today and some started out in mansions and they're no where to be found now. Some are now divorcees despite the glamourous grand and executive starts. Money is important but planning, contentment and vision to be better are more important. Note: Don't marry a slay queen insite a self-contain because she will kill you with depression after slaying away your future. Just make sure your wife-to-be is ok with your corrent status and believe in your dreams. Happiness in marriage is incomparable even if you don't have ability to live in a duplex.
Check my siggy if you need a website/blog/software

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by amalab30(m): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2019
These days material things have taken over and the economy is so bad that 100k can't rent a room again in some places in the country.

I blame the economy and our rulers. finish!

18 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by morgan100(m): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2019
i stay in a room self con, and planning on getting married this year, am saving up for another accommodation already, at least a room and a parlor self con, with a space for dinning. Not that she cant stay with me in a room self con, but i dont want that, in my own little way, i want her to be comfortable living with me, so it all boil down to what u want, and the partner involve and what u can afford, that's why is good to open up very well when u are in a relationship with anyone, dont be claiming omo Dangote and Otedola, when u know say u dey hustle ni.

So it boils down to what u want and what u can afford.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by helinues: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Why not?
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by nho4: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Is not a good idea. If you don’t have enough money at the moment to rent a spacious apartment, kindly wait till you are financially buoyant enough.

Marriage is not a do or die affair... marriage is a scam and is highly overrated.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Lordofthewest(m): 10:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Lmao...how is this even a question? I know many married couples with kids in this Lagos living in self contain apartments.Starting small isn't a bad idea as long as you know what ure doing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by chloride6: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Since you want validation we Will deny you..

No you must get a 4 bedroom flat ensure before you marry..

It's not an ideal situation but at least you can Manage.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by bedspread: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Start the way u and ur wife are comfortable with!
As you grow you shift level..

Don't allow anyone or anything make you live above your Capabilities ....

Life is not a Competition...

But if u can get a one bedroom that has its own Restroom and Bathroom.. that would be great

7 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by SirLakes: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Why not
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by hablink: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2019
shocked

Dude a self con as a newly married couple is a no no!
Who ever made marriage compulsory in the first place is one hell of a conman.
Marriage is meant to be enjoyed, not to continue wallowing in want and ‘suffering and smiling’.
Pull resources together and get a better abode, if it can’t work out now then patience is going to be your watch word.
Make a befitting abode for your coming generations so they don’t curse you.

25 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by princechurchill(m): 10:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Even a mad man living under 3rd mainland bridge got a life partner.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by opyzy(m): 10:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Cut your coat according to your size angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'No Guy Will Buy You N2500 Coldstone & N4000 Pizza Without Asking For Reward' / Which Sex Is More Promiscuous: Male Or Female? / I Am Confused Because I Truly Love Her...............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.