Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot (30598 Views)

Photos From Davido's The 02 Arena "Sold Out" Concert In London / Ikorodu Boyz Featured On BBC Pidgin After Mimicking Davido & Chioma, DJ Cuppy / Chioma Looks Like Jackie Appiah? - Davido's The Chef Chi Agrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by helorin: 1:37am On Jan 05, 2019
But for the advent of social media, the creativity of the kids who go by the Instagram name, Ikorodu bois, would probably have been untapped and unexploited. Recently, Instagram witnessed the fresh talents who are known to mimic trending events on Instagram.

Gradually, they are fast becoming one of the most popular social media impressionists as they are being followed by some of Nigeria’s biggest celebrities, some of whom they have mimicked, such as Davido, Adesua Wellington, among others.

The three brothers live in Ikorodu, Lagos State.

In their latest skit, they mimicked Davido’s spectacular grand entrance at his concert, which held last year. In order to make a grand entrance, the singer was lowered by some strings from the top of a stage. Shortly after, the video of his grand entrance trended on the Nigerian social media space.

As usual, after the concert, the youngest member of the group, Malik, mimicked the video which got Davido’s attention.

Speaking to Saturday beats, the brains behind the group, Tunde Sanni, a 21-year-old undergraduate, described the video as one of the riskiest videos they had shot since the group was formed.

“It was quite a challenge mimicking Davido after we tried it the first time; we had to shoot it again the next morning before we got it. Malik was scared initially but I had to assure him that I was going to hold him from behind. My friend and I held him from behind for us to get that shot. We were all happy after Davido commented a few minutes after we uploaded the video. Another video that was difficult for us to mimic was Adesuwa Etomi’s video with her mother,” he told Saturday Beats.

Asked if they’ve ever nursed the fear of getting a backlash from any celebrity, he noted that the celebrities understand that they are kids. “The celebrities understand that they are children and that is why we clearly stated it on our bio that our videos are just for laughs,” he said.

He further explained his relationship with the others in the group, saying, “They are my younger brothers; the oldest of them is 14 years old, Muiz Sanni, and the youngest is Malik Sanni, who is eight years old. It all started after I discovered my younger brothers could act very well, especially Malik, who usually acts like a girl. After DJ Cuppy released a video of her dancing to her song in Epe, one of them, Malik, mimicked her and it was hilarious. It was after this we shot the video. Malik actually wants to go into acting later in life, but his elder brother, Muiz, still wants to be a doctor.”

He further revealed how the group was started.

He said, “We started officially in October 2017, I am at home presently due to the strike embarked on by the Academic Staff Union of Universities and that gave me time to support them. I am the brains behind it. I simply converted Muiz’s Instagram handle to the group’s name – Ikorodu bois. I told them to start mimicking celebrities the way they could.

“We started with translating cartoon videos into the Yoruba; the first video we mimicked was Kanye West’s video. We did it for fun, and people started reposting the videos. The next video we mimicked was by DJ Cuppy; I wasn’t even around when they shot that video. It was after I got back home later that day that I realised they had uploaded the video on Instagram and it had gained many likes and views.

“We felt very honoured and happy when we met DJ Cuppy at the Rhythm Unplugged event last year; she was surprised when she saw us perform at the event. She even reposted the recent video we did about her family on her birthday.

“We didn’t expect to be invited to perform at the Rhythm Unplugged. When they called us to perform, I was surprised because as at that time, we only had 3,000 followers in November that was after we had mimicked DJ Cuppy’s video. To be honest, it has motivated us to do better, and we are happy with the fact that we make people laugh on the Internet,” he said.

The mimic said that their parents have been very supportive of their venture. “Interestingly, our parents have been very supportive even when I used to make comedy skits. Sometimes when we are shooting a skit my mum usually volunteers to help us. More so, shooting these skits doesn’t affect their studies in any way, when school is in session we shoot only on weekends.”

Gist from GistMore - http://gistmore.com/mimicking-davido-the-riskiest-video-weve-shot-ikorodu-bois

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by helorin: 1:37am On Jan 05, 2019
Watch video of them as they mimicked Davido here >>> http://gistmore.com/mimicking-davido-the-riskiest-video-weve-shot-ikorodu-bois

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:41am On Jan 05, 2019
Keep it up bois......But dont forget that Education comes first!

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by Onyi22(f): 1:42am On Jan 05, 2019
So sad I couldn't read it till the end.....

13 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:46am On Jan 05, 2019
Onyi22:
Heeeyaaa!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by Tonmiwatimmy: 2:31am On Jan 05, 2019
post=74461779:
no be every body get money go school ,

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:46am On Jan 05, 2019
Tonmiwatimmy:

no be every body get money go school ,
.......dat one sef dey!
They should get something doing...

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by Dreddblogger(m): 8:57am On Jan 05, 2019
smiley

Istanbul Woman Caught On CCTV Swallowing A Gold Ring ==> See Photos Here
Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by Bossontop(m): 10:50am On Jan 05, 2019
The greater the risk th greater the reward.....keep it up guys
Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by fergieboy: 10:51am On Jan 05, 2019
This their own better o

No be mr spell wey him fame last for 1week

3 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by kumakunta: 10:51am On Jan 05, 2019
post=74461779:
Depends on your definition of education

3 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by TRUEBLOOD59(m): 10:52am On Jan 05, 2019
loooolz.
Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by aaaaabbbbbccccc: 10:53am On Jan 05, 2019
post=74461779:
This same sentence have led so many people to an unending depression. Your talent should come first while keeping your mind open to absorb knowledge. what's the point of knowledge without financial freedom?

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by Mike008(m): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2019
Onyi22:

grin grin grin see my type of people
Thank God am not alone.

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by helinues: 10:53am On Jan 05, 2019
Best of luck boys
Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by Mike008(m): 10:54am On Jan 05, 2019
See Davido ugly shape
Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 05, 2019
post=74462164:
.......dat one sef dey! Get something doing...

Like roasting Dead Rotten Meatgrin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by Scoozi1999(m): 10:55am On Jan 05, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]wow
Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by sukerefakere(m): 10:57am On Jan 05, 2019
post=74461779:
How did they recruit you for this your BMC job?

5 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by mrjaydee(m): 10:59am On Jan 05, 2019
Onyi22:
u lazy gal
Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by anochuko01(m): 11:00am On Jan 05, 2019
This barbiequeue guy dey use Artificial intelligence take post for NL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 05, 2019
So what
Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by jendhorlee(m): 11:02am On Jan 05, 2019
una don blow
enjoy

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by anochuko01(m): 11:02am On Jan 05, 2019
Onyi22:
oyin ni o
oyin ni
oruko jesu oyin ni
Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by pyrex23(m): 11:03am On Jan 05, 2019
post=74461779:
Up to secondary school I agree but tertiary is just a waste of time n money in this country better to use the money to start a business..
Abi u need certificate to sell barbeque

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by menzo4u: 11:09am On Jan 05, 2019
kumakunta:

Depends on your definition of education
You get sense bro
Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by adegeye38(m): 11:11am On Jan 05, 2019
post=74461779:
Education is good, but education in the right ways
Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by Native101: 11:16am On Jan 05, 2019
YOU WANT TO BE A CELEBRITY ON TIME?

Note that. ......!!

EVERY RICH MAN IN THIS LIFE HAS A SECERET

THEM NO GO TELL YOU ....SO OPEN YOUR EYES MAKE YOU FIND SOLUTION FOR YOURSELVE.....MEET BABA

you can get rich without any ritual, that you can get rich without killing your mother, father, brother, sister, uncle or a poor child on the street. It is real and don't have any side effect. 

Try it now and see. Baba has been preaching the gospel of get rich quick, flaunting different currencies starched ,do not take counsel from the realm of poverty.Take that bold step to your world of riches. Call baba 
on this number zero 7 7 eight. Zero 4 9 five five and state what you want and how you want it. 

The solution is at your door step. Don't hid sickness or your problems, say it out and it will be solve, you have anything to share call baba 
on this number zero 7 7 eight. Zero 4 9 five five For the solution of problems....yahoo+.......help of students.......
...baba b sure number ....giving people magic........... .traveling issues.......eyes problems.........broken bones.......Working on lotto numbers ........infertility.....bringing back your lost love.......business promotion....... Power to win elections........ Spiritual husband/wife......family curses....... Land issues.........witch craft attack...... Etc Flaunts Shrine with Lots Of Dollars, MONEY BAGS...MONEY MONEY.....MONEY BAGS MONEY MONEY.....MONEY BAGS MONEY MONEY.....MONEY. CALL NOW TO MAKE EASY MONEY OR ADD THIS NUMBER ON WHATSAPP FOR 
LITTLE SACRIFICE.whadapp me via z
Re: Ikorodu Bois: Mimicking Davido The Riskiest Video We’ve Shot by menzo4u: 11:18am On Jan 05, 2019
aaaaabbbbbccccc:

This same sentence have led so many people to an unending depression. Your talent should come first while keeping your mind open to absorb knowledge. what's the point of knowledge without financial freedom?
Your type is rare in this present society. Not many people have this type of mindset. Nice one

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today / Femi Otedola Pays Majek Fashek’s Medical Expenses In London / Photographer Sues 2Face And His Wife For N120m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.