Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo (25669 Views)

Civil Unrest In Sudan As Army And Paramilitary Clash / Mike Itkis: Manhattan Candidate Releases Sextape To Woo Voters Ahead Of Election / In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by truthstands20: 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2019
Beloved President Trump, Nigeria needs this same action from you in next month's election. Incumbent president has already strategized how he'll rig the election by all means. The Electoral body and security agencies have all been compromised. Pls do the same for Nigeria next month. We want you to send uncountable number of monitoring teams to be part of the election especially the collation centres. We want free, fair and credible election. Anything short of that may spell doom for Nigeria.
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Not only in Africa but in the world. 50% of Coltan that is used in making mobile phones come from DR Congo.
I blamed Belgium, USA and foolish leaders like Mobutu, Lauren Kabila and Joseph Kabila for destroying that country.
Paul Kagame of Rwanda also is benefiting from depletion of Congo's Resources.

Most especially blame mobutu seseko..he brought this upon his country......

He presided over a kleptocractic regime....the democratic Republic of Congo is unsettled today coz of him especially.
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by R0ckefeller: 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2019
if you want us troops in Nigeria just go to twitter and continue to tag trump am sure in the next 1 hour he going to see it. and you can also try puttin too.
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Most especially blame mobutu seseko..he brought this upon his country......

He presided over a kleptocractic regime....the democratic Republic of Congo is unsettled today coz of him especially.
Exactly! The idiotic Mobutu lived a lavish lifestyle. He orchestrated the operation kill Patrice Lumumba(DR Congo's first prime minister) supported/Financed by USA and Belgium.
I hope they have a good leader in future because, that country will be the most populous nation after Nigeria by the year 2030.
There is potential in DR Congo and Africa as a whole.

God bless Africa!

1 Like

Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by sangresan(m): 2:06pm On Jan 05, 2019
Joromi12:
Same way them go deploy troops to Niger and ghana. When Buhari refuses to stand down

Many of you don't really know much about the country you live...Have you ever seen an American military deployment in Nigeria?

Look, Nigeria belongs to British sphere of influence...Ask those who know what that means.
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by sangresan(m): 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2019
tstx:
Africa... The most useless continent on the planet.. 21st century and we still depend on Foreign troops to keep our countries safe

Two New US Air Bases Will Be Launched in Africa This Year

Many European countries also depend on American troops...Dem be useless as well?

Africa no dey useless...Na we dey Bleep up.

1 Like

Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Exactly! The idiotic Mobutu lived a lavish lifestyle. He orchestrated the operation kill of Patrice Lumumba(DR Congo's first prime minister) supported/Financed by USA and Belgium.
I hope they have a good leader in future because, that country will be the most populous nation after Nigeria by the year 2030.
There is potential in DR Congo and Africa as a whole.

God bless Africa!

Oooh u reminded of Patrice Emery Lumumuba who was assasinated when the neo colonial projects starting taking effect and coup started visiting africa.

I think he was killed one year after sylvanus olympio was assasinated in Togo in 1963.
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2019
sangresan:

Many of you don't really know much about the country you live...Have you ever seen an American military deployment in Nigeria?

Look, Nigeria belongs to British sphere of influence...Ask those who know what that means.
they have bases around us dont they? What is nigers business with usa
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:14pm On Jan 05, 2019
tstx:
Africa... The most useless continent on the planet.. 21st century and we still depend on Foreign troops to keep our countries safe

Two New US Air Bases Will Be Launched in Africa This Year
Even though, I don't support foreign troops in a sovereign nation. Should we say European countries and Qatar are useless by accepting US troops on their soil.
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by chiedu7: 2:20pm On Jan 05, 2019
Jayslicky:
They should first come to Nigeria to monitor the elections, before buhari includes his gay cows among the voters.
U no like the dullard
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Oooh u reminded of Patrice Emery Lumumuba who was assasinated when the neo colonial projects starting taking effect and coup started visiting africa.

I think he was killed one year after sylvanus olympio was assasinated in Togo in 1963.

He was assassinated in 1961. He bearly spent a year as a prime .minister before he was executed. The statement he uttered in front of the king of Belgium during a conference in Belgium made him a target of the imperialists. He wanted Belgium to pay for all the atrocities they committed in Congo.
5 decades after, the Belgian govt apologised to the family of Patrice Lumumba and Congolese.
Sometimes, when I see Europeans complaining about mass migration from Africa and middle-East, I just laughed at their stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by troublemakea(m): 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:
I see some comments from dummies saying US should come to Nigeria.
It seems you don't know how international body respects Nigeria. Our contributions as the big brother in West Africa and Africa can never be overlooked.

2019 election is going to be free and fair.

Look at you.....you really think America respect that?

remember they once predicted Nigeria's division in 2015 and got troops already stationed in Niger incase of any unrest

this is America bro.....anything to protect their interest and lest I forget did u read the news where 40 Americans are storming Nigeria to explore the country?

1 Like

Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by LegitHustler: 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2019
HalimatOlosho:
the kind Konji wey hold me today, make person come Bleep me abeg. pm for adress
Lagos only

How much you go pay cool

1 Like

Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by troublemakea(m): 2:50pm On Jan 05, 2019
HalimatOlosho:
Lagos only

whatsapp number?
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

He was assassinated in 1961. He bearly spent a year as a prime .minister before he was executed. The statement he uttered in front of the king of Belgium during a conference in Belgium made him a target of the imperialists. He wanted Belgium to pay for all the atrocities they committed in Congo.
5 decades after, the Belgian govt apologised to the family of Patrice Lumumba and Congolese.
Sometimes, when I see Europeans complaining about mass migration from Africa and middle-East, I just laughed at their stupidity.

Noted@bolded.

Yes they can say such about mass migration but let us tell ourselves the truth what has been the fate of Africa on account of her independence.

African leaders has allowed themselves to be consumed and trapped by power....this is a fact.

Today Africa is the food that is been eaten at the dinner table of civilisation...

The truth is that since African countries started getting her independence and her leaders started to emerge the story has been different.

The issue lies on who to blame if not same africans...

So of what use do we this thing called independence cause I hv not seen any improvement whatsoever on the future of Africa despite I will agree that there is a little bit difference but not that too visible.
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by troublemakea(m): 2:56pm On Jan 05, 2019
sangresan:

Lol look at this one and you think America fear British? and what even makes you think Britain cares about Nigeria undecided

when US speaks or want to act 100 of Britain can do nothing but just keep mum and watch

2 Likes

Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by 2019prophets(m): 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
HalimatOlosho:
Lagos only

wooah shocked

are you for real?
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2019
troublemakea:

Look at you.....you really think America respect that?

remember they once predicted Nigeria's division in 2015 and got troops already stationed in Niger incase of any unrest

this is America bro.....anything to protect their interest and lest I forget did u read the news where 40 Americans are storming Nigeria to explore the country?
This is now 2019. Nigeria is still standing as an entity, their prediction failed.
Share me the link to that news, please.

1 Like

Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Hilbertrudolf(m): 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2019
Update update
If you know you no �
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Maduawuchukwu(m): 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2019
EVarn:

1. Why will an armed robber bring ID card to the crime scene?. Nobody is that dumb, it was probably planted there intentionally. The robbers probably stole that ID card from the real owner and planted it at the crime scene to misdirect police investigation.

2. That guy in the pic is too handsome and cool to be a thief or killer. You guys should reason with sense.

It's alright though, getting that guy in the picture and questioning him may provide leads to the perpetrators of the crime,especially if he can remember where and how he lost his ID card. Just don't go around announcing him as a criminal,you haven't proven him guilty yet.

Sorry for your loss.

Don't mind that man. He and the person on the pics have an issue and he decided to tarnish him. They both are from Ashawo thread In sexuality section
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by SmartyPants(m): 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2019
R0ckefeller:
lol a troop could contain as large as 200 soldiers so you should be able to calculate 80 troops now lol

No there is no formation within the military called a troop. The word just loosely translates to soldiers. 80 troops literally means 80 soldiers.

1 Like

Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Stanweezy(m): 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2019
If u look at US Army to join military go dey hungry u but when u see Nigerian army how dey are slaughtered like chickens in North East without adequate weapon at their disposal ur morale go just fall
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Noted@bolded.

Yes they can say such about mass migration but let us tell ourselves the truth what has been the fate of Africa on account of her independence.

African leaders has allowed themselves to be consumed and trapped by power....this is a fact.

Today Africa is the food that is been eaten at the dinner table of civilisation...

The truth is that since African countries started getting her independence and her leaders started to emerge the story has been different.

The issue lies on who to blame if not same africans...

So of what use do we this thing called independence cause I hv not seen any improvement whatsoever on the future of Africa despite I will agree that there is a little bit difference but not that too visible.
I will still blame the problems of Africa to neocolonialism. Neocolonialism gave birth to puppet and greedy leaders we have in Africa.
The few that resisted interference were either assassinated or ousted from power.

Till today the French speaking nations in West Africa are being controlled by France. France controls their currency reserves in Paris. You dear not go against France, the loyal onces stays longer in power because they have the backings of the Superpowers.

We keep talking about corruption in Africa, but the beneficiaries of the loots from Africa are African corrupt leaders, the big cooperations and superpowers. As Roberto Salviano, an Italian investigative journalist said in one of his interviews he said; "the most corrupt city in the world is London because that is where most of the money laundered are kept or used in buying properties" .

Instead of African leaders should think and find solutions to the issue of Africa, they brought another new thief to start stealing our resources which is China. Don't be surprised that another recolonisation is happening in Africa by China. Two countries are under the grip of China economic colonisation which are Djibouti and Zambia.
I laughed at African leaders, as you have said in your comment, "what use is the independence".
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by SmartyPants(m): 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2019
BabaO2:

They are not like Nigerian/African army, they are effective and efficient with the aid of tools doing what 1000 African soldiers can do assigned to just one. However, the choice of Gabon even make their motive more suspicious. Gabon is closer to Goma region, where they have many deposited mineral resources.

Such hyperbole. Is there any example in history where the US has even attempted an invasion with such a small amount of men?
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by EVarn(m): 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2019
Maduawuchukwu:

Don't mind that man. He and the person on the pics have an issue and he decided to tarnish him. They both are from Ashawo thread In sexuality section
na wa o
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Whobedatte(m): 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2019
HalimatOlosho:
Lagos only
Scammer. Guy wey dey pose as a lady
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Whobedatte(m): 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2019
HalimatOlosho:
Lagos only
Scammer. Guy wey dey pose as a lady
Old format
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Aremson14(m): 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
tyup:
Nigeria wouldn't be spared should there be a sign of unrest in the forth coming election

why Nigeria would not be spared is because Nigeria being the giant of Africa if there should be any form of unrest what other African country can contain the influx of Nigerian refugees undecided mynd44 this should hit front page
How many us assets are in Nigeria i wonder if Nigeria and DR congo are d same place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power / Kim Jong Un's Sister Calls Southkorean President Idiot, Warns Seoul Is A Target / Liverpool Stripped Of UNESCO World Heritage Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.