Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo (25673 Views)

Civil Unrest In Sudan As Army And Paramilitary Clash / Mike Itkis: Manhattan Candidate Releases Sextape To Woo Voters Ahead Of Election / In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
My humble request is... The US should deploy troops to Nigeria before most importantly after elections.. my opinion... i dont see The Nigerian vote being counted... "Rigged" is the order of the day..

God is my hope pertaining to Nigeria.
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Appleyard(m): 12:43am On Jan 06, 2019
troublemakea:

DRC happen to be the richest African country in term of resources, the big question is who invited US?

i think Buhari needs to learn from this news
GBAM!
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by kjhova(m): 1:15am On Jan 06, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

I wouldnt call him that. I dont exactly agree with his choice of words but I can understand his frustrations. Maybe if we stoppped asking for hand outs and take what belongs to us we wont be where we are

Are you asking for hand outs? Has anyone stopped you from taking what's yours?

The only thing driving his frustration is an inordinate dose of ignorance. Both of you need to pick up a book sometimes.
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 06, 2019
SmartyPants:

They are sending 80 troops...as in 80 men to secure their citizens Oga. Are you suggesting that 80 soldiers deployed from Gabon can invade Congo??
Very possible, they were deployed with full military combat ready and equipments with aerial supports as well as a standby reinforcement team.
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Jaqenhghar: 3:29am On Jan 06, 2019
kjhova:

Are you asking for hand outs? Has anyone stopped you from taking what's yours?

The only thing driving his frustration is an inordinate dose of ignorance. Both of you need to pick up a book sometimes.
You that have picked up a book we can see how you reason.... Einstein.
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Jaqenhghar: 3:39am On Jan 06, 2019
IJEYdiamond:
My humble request is... The US should deploy troops to Nigeria before most importantly after elections.. my opinion... i dont see The Nigerian vote being counted... "Rigged" is the order of the day..

God is my hope pertaining to Nigeria.
US will not deploy anything. Una never see something. Na everything una want make US do for una.
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Rhea(f): 4:10am On Jan 06, 2019
troublemakea:
The US military has deployed soldiers to Gabon amid fears of violent protests in neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo after its presidential election.

US President Donald Trump told Congress on Friday that the first of about 80 troops arrived in Gabon on Wednesday to protect US citizens and diplomatic facilities should violence break out in DRC’s capital Kinshasa

Voters in Congo went to the polls on December 30, two years after they were first scheduled to be held, to elect the successor to President Joseph Kabila, who has been in power for 18 years.
“The first of these personnel arrived in Gabon on January 2, 2019, with appropriate combat equipment and supported by military aircraft,” Trump’s letter to Congress read.“Additional forces may deploy to Gabon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, or the
Republic of the Congo, if necessary for these purposes.”

“These deployed personnel will remain in the region until the security situation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo becomes such that their presence is no longer needed,” the letter continued.

Congo’s electoral commission is scheduled to release the provisional results of the presidential election on Sunday, but it has said there could be delays because of the slow arrival of tally sheets.

https://www.today.ng/news/africa/deploys-troops-gabon-amid-fears-unrest-congo-184785

Story! They are there to protect US economic interests (coltan mines)
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by kjhova(m): 8:08am On Jan 06, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
You that have picked up a book we can see how you reason.... Einstein.
Quite complimentary. Thanks, mate.
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 06, 2019
troublemakea:

DRC happen to be the richest African country in term of resources, the big question is who invited US?

i think Buhari needs to learn from this news

Do you need to invite any sane country to protect her citizens and interest when in harm's way..?

The only thing I take from this is that America value her citizens and interest no matter where they are..!!

And again for the record we should all stop blaming the west for our woes..it's shamefull..!!! Instead knocking our corrupt and rudderless leaders on the head we blame the west...!! Is it the west that embezzle our collective commonwealth or is it the west that produce bad policies made by our leaders on their populace..!!

The problem of Africa is with Africa and her leaders..period...!!!

Peace..!!
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by richiepolymer(m): 7:55am On Jan 07, 2019
I've read a lit of comments from fools here on Nairaland who don't know what colonialism means. Many of you spewing rubbish and wishing american invasion of Nigeria. Una no well.
If you guys can't see the signs that U.S was never happy with Nigeria playing the big brother in West Africa, if you guys can't ask what some american soldiers were doing in the BH forest and were killed by Niger forces, then no hope. Why haven't they invaded Saudi over kashoogi? Na Africa dem wan come......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by Amhatu(m): 1:33am On Jan 08, 2019
@topic, if true why is there a coup attempt in Gabon as of Jan 07, 2019?
Re: US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo by 2019prophets(m): 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2019
HalimatOlosho:
the kind Konji wey hold me today, make person come Bleep me abeg. pm for adress
Lagos only

Lagosian29 should I give them your house adress?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kim Jong Un's Sister Calls Southkorean President Idiot, Warns Seoul Is A Target / Liverpool Stripped Of UNESCO World Heritage Status / Greece Wildfire– Thousands Evacuated As Out Of Control Blaze Engulfs Homes(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.