Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,787 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? (2029 Views)

"Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" / See The Six (6) New Bill Signed By Jonathan Before He Step Down As President / Reps Vows To Show The Nackedness Of Tukur If He Step Into The National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by azorjiu(m): 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2007
The Tribute reported this evening that the coalition of (other) polital parties could not arrive at a consensus representative. What a shame! Why can't atiku use his number 19 and step down knowing that buhari is more saleable than him? His avarice will never allow him reason. He is not fighting for democracy. He is fighting to control the nigerian external reserve.

More worrisome is this: http://www.inecnigeria.org/index.php?cateid=40&contid=264

Why won't INEC leave atiku to contest and fail?
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by hotslink(f): 11:31am On Apr 18, 2007
Why should he step down. He has the right to exercise his franchise
Is Buhari not a former military man? Must Nigeria leadership continue to revolve around Ex-soldiers.
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by dblock(m): 11:41am On Apr 18, 2007
Buhari isn't corrupt, he didn't launder any money. Atiku on the other hand, is deceitful and incompetent.
I find it funny that people see Atiku's case as a battle against PDP
Atiku is just as corrupt as all the people in PDP, where was Atiku not too long ago, wasn't it PDP
Atiku only left PDP becuase, he fell out with OBJ. Atiku is corrupt and he has little to offer.

J.F.K's IQ is 160, Bush's is 140, Atiku's would be around 80, below average. Atiku is a fool, he wasn't in the military becuase he couldn't afford the uniform. Atiku wouldn't run for president if Nigeria had no Oil money.

Do you want me to write a thesis, or do you understand why Atiku is no hero, he is not innocent, He is not a victim of PDP's wrath but rather a product of PDP
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by Seun(m): 11:50am On Apr 18, 2007
I think I know what he wants: immunity. If he doesn't get into office, he knows he's definitely going to jail.
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by babasin(m): 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2007
@Seun,
I think I know what he wants: immunity. If he doesn't get into office, he knows he's definitely going to jail.

Based on what offence?
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by Seun(m): 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2007
He knows. He was indicted over the PTDF issue. Once his immunity expires, Mallam Ribadu will jump on him. cheesy
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by babasin(m): 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2007
He was indicted over the PTDF issue. Once his immunity expires, Mallam Ribadu will jump on him.

and OBJ was not indicted?
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by Seun(m): 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2007
OBJ was accused of spending PTDF money on a national concern without the senate's permission - that is autocracy. Atiku was accused of enriching himself with some money - that is theft. One is worse than the other.

However, concerning our honorable President, have you noticed that Yar'adua has a political puppet-master? wink
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by smile4kenn(m): 2:52pm On Apr 18, 2007
Seun:

Thats definately wrong
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by atiku07(m): 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2007
hotslink:

Why should he step down. He has the right to exercise his franchise
Is Buhari not a former military man? Must Nigeria leadership continue to revolve around Ex-soldiers.

see u who told u he is noy saleable well in your dreams buhari is much worst than atiku buhari's image in the south is as dented as anything u can ever think of on earth. talk of being tribalistic buhari is the one talk of sentiments buhari is there talk of any attrocity buhari has it all.

who knows about PTF well categorically buhari used the so called ptf funds then to enrich himself and his cronies and the northern region was developed up to this level with the poor niger delta people money and buhari and abacha then were all there saying the south is not yet ripe for developement what a heck

spare me buhari i can bet it if he get there then nigeria will become islamic republic i assure u cause the frame he has when he was a millad then i what is causing reigious crisis till today those he had groomed up with sentiments in them

may GOD help NIGERIA
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by babasin(m): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2007
for his determination to see through the huddles of OBJ and finally WIN, I will vote for Atiku.

Thats character we need in a leader.

That side; he needs few good men his cabinet and things would turned around.

Abacha hold $1 to N80 for five years because he had qualified people working with him.

IBB held the most free/fair election in Nigeria because he worked with best-brain.

Above all, the court is always there as final say for any dictator in the making.

Life is not about wrong or right. It is about believe in something, fight for it and see it to the end.
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by dayokanu(m): 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2007
Just give one good reason Atiku should step down.
Buhari is not sellable to the south and the others dont have the national spread Atiku is the only one.
As at 2003 Atiku was more popular in Nigeria than OBJ almost all the governors are his friend that was why most governors supported Atiku against OBJ. In the Senate Atiku is very popular ever wonder why he has not been impeached ith all the allegations OBJ is dangling round his neck every week. Reverse the trend for just a day make Atiku president for 3 days and let him propose to the senate to impeach OBJ I am sure OBJ wont last that day in the senate.
Atiku is widely seen in Nigeria a the symbol of our struggle against OBJ even eight of my friends that were OBJ fans after seeing the daylight robbery perpetrated by the PDP in their respective states are now clamouring for Atiku to come to their rescue and every Nigeria is now seeing Atiku as the way outof OBJ draconian rule/control
OBJ in his folly has succeded in making Atiku more popular
with his control of the state machinery could do nothing against Atiku. Most Nigerians dont care about Atiku befor but now,
We love Atiku cos we hate OBJ simple
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by dapsycool(m): 9:49pm On Apr 18, 2007
Na atiku some people they hail like this, God forbid, if atiku wins which is impossible i'll relocate to Burundi, he's a desperate thief, he never fought for 9ja, he's extremely desperate to be the president of 9ja, -no pity that guy o, those who formed AC are hungrier members from PDP, bisi akande get very bad record for osun state
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by joshO: 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2007
@dayokanu
As at 2003 Atiku was more popular in Nigeria than OBJ almost all the governors are his friend that was why most governors supported Atiku against OBJ. In the Senate Atiku is very popular ever wonder why he has not been impeached ith all the allegations OBJ is dangling round his neck every week. Reverse the trend for just a day make Atiku president for 3 days and let him propose to the senate to impeach OBJ I am sure OBJ wont last that day in the senate

Are you for real?? That Atiku is this popular in the senate is the more reason you should be wary. No less than 80% of the senate is currupt which no doubt explains their sympathy for him in his 'travails' with that "Monster" that wants to put sand in their garri. That "Monster" in Aso rock that allowed EFCC start something that may soon catch up with them. You think they are not scared, worried by where all that will end. Many of them have benefitted from Atiku'sĀ  'generosity' one way or another. He spent the first 4 years of this administration perpetuating himself in office through dealings with the senate and other 'big men' in Nigeria. You think members of the senate are interested in changing the status quo of chop till I die? Why do you think the budget got passed early this year? You think they are happy with that? Please let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Even Babangida is more popular in the senate than OBJ and that's because these men know how to play the politics of power, rather then do what it takes to change our nation. I continiously maintain that anyone who eventualy changes Nigeria should prepare to be unpopular, especially in the Senate!! Anyone who changes Nigeria will be he that the movers and shakers dislike and majority of the press vilifies. If you continue to form your opinion from the front pages of the Sun, theNews, thisDay newspapers then any genuine leader will never get your support.

Don't be deceived. Atiku is the worst possible choice of all the presidential candidates. You need to get close to him and his confidants to understand their desperate, power hungry mentality. You can hate OBJ all you like, but don't let this hate drive you into 'endorsing' a pilfering, conniving and greedy monster like Atiku.
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by omon(m): 10:46pm On Apr 18, 2007
Buhari calling for a consensus opposition candidate is fraudulent. Why PDP and Yar Adua were busy campaigning and selling their ideas, Buhari wants to use this back door to still vote when he has not even told Nigerians what he wants to do, The same goes for all of them (plus ATIKU). Only Yardua with isi 7 points agenda and UTOMI have managed to sell their ideas.
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by uchetobi(f): 9:49am On Apr 19, 2007
Why should he step down is he not a Nigerian? Who has the right to vote and to be voted for
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by McKren(m): 11:04am On Apr 19, 2007
@ Dayokanu

JoshO has simply said most of what I would have said.
Atiku's popularity soared as a result of his illicit dealings between 1999 - 2003 when he was the de-facto PresidentĀ  of this country, most of those who support him are only fantasizing how they will enrich themselves in his Government if he becomes President. Yes he is popular but sometimes in life it is not how popular you were when in power that matters but how history will remember you.
IBB is a clear example of this, OBJ made his mistakes but trust me 20years from now history will remember him more kindly than Atiku.

I don't want to try to sell OBJ to anyone, in the first place their is no need for that because hate or love him he is going. But the worst mistake we will make in this country is to vote Atiku to spite OBJ.
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by Tobiegal(f): 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2007
uchetobi:

Why should he step down is he not a Nigerian? Who has the right to vote and to be voted for

Word!

I mean, y d beef? y not call on yar'dua 2 step down, he's d one dat is ill now.

But hey, Atiku has gone tru a lot in d hands of d dragons, d truth is, there is more to dis dan meets d eye.

If he wins, a probe is for-sure, i mean, like we wld drag d ugly old face 2 d ground so bad dat, he wld also end up in d mud! grin

Bt, d truth, or sth close to it wld be revealed. bt yar'dua, he's jst a puppet!

i dont knw y pple dont cee dat, he's a puppet pure n simple!
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by saintchux(m): 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2007
I don't think that Akitu is corrupt as people call his name. We have people that are more corrupt than him that is still contesting this election and nothing has happened. So what all this aspersion on his person. OBJ is part of PTDF, let forget all this semantic they are using. If after eight years the only place Atiku defrauded this country is in PTDF then he is not corrupt.
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by omon(m): 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2007
So if people are more corrupt, should that exonorrate him to contest to lead the same people he is stealing from, that is 'mumu' of the highest order!
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by omon(m): 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2007
Wether you like it or not, OBJ's Govt has produced more geniune middle class Nigerians that any recent Govt.
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by lewa(m): 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2007
Why should Atiku step down a retired General,a known tribalist/islamist who refused to campaign in the S/E in 2003,apart from Chuba Okadigbo's town?
Buhari has not told us what he forgot in 1985 at the Presidency!Also as a former dictator/maximun ruler,his antecedents are well known~force,totalitarianism,absolutism!
Atiku has every right to contest as dictated by the Federal Constitution just like any other Nigerian for the highest office in the land!
Some tunnel vision critics of Atiku have spent many a day lampooning his character~OBJ by extension who over saw the sham and fraud of last week's election ;then is no better.Same goes for Yar Adua who by association is the candidate of this coterie of criminals,thugs and brigands!
OBJ,INEC are all afraid of Atiku;that is why all these challenges are thrown o his path~if Atiku wins(only God knows),the same EFCC is gonna shackle OBJ and send him to gaol~a taste of his own bitter medicine
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by azorjiu(m): 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2007
of all candidates standing, atiku is the most corrupt (probably more corrupt than kalu).

he is relying on his campaign against obj to sweep the votes on saturday (than God obj is not contesting).

if he had wanted pdp to lose as he claimed, he would have stepped down and support someone else, but his greed would not allow him.

his vaulting ambition will bring him to ruin, mark me.

in a free and fair election, yar' adua will defeat atiku and buhari put together, so that gives an insight into the result to be announced on sunday.
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by hooplarr(m): 8:21am On Apr 20, 2007
First off, I agree with Hotslink about Nigerians not submitting to militocracy. We're through with the iron fisted experiments. It's time for a new lease of freedom.

I have nothing against Buhari but his record of human rights abuse causes shivers to spiral through me.

I quite agree that Atiku should also be allowed to exercise his franchise, but a individual indicted for gross abuse of office, corrupt enrichment and blatant plundering of public funds for personal aggrandizement should not be allowed a chance in our nascent democracy.

Nigeria is still reeling from the double whammy of immense foreign debts and corruption so the last kind of leader we need is one who dips his hands into public funds with impunity.

Atiku is a shred of the ruling PDP, with the same manifesto well schooled into his psyche. Yes he only left PDp cause of the fallout between him and BABA!!

Who needs a man who bought a house in Maryland, Washington with $10,000,000 and furnished it with $70,000? Who wants a man who has almost crippled the power sector single handedly and making a swivel to say he guarantees power if elected?

I doubt if the immunity clause will save him cause I for one don't ever want to see him in power

Ribadu, please be on guard,
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by ubamu2029: 8:41am On Apr 20, 2007
@ hooplarr,

spot on.
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by Backslider(m): 9:47am On Apr 20, 2007
@joshO

EXACTLY

we will just wait and see what will happen to Atiku ( he is however powerful) But the fast track court set up to deal with all this people should PLEASE be honest.

Atiku is only fighting for immunity.
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by dapsycool(m): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2007
Thank God peeps know Atiku is a blatant criminal, if u vote for him u get case with God, The guy irritates me
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by Seun(m): 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2007
Whether you like it or not, OBJ's Govt has produced more genuine middle class Nigerians that any recent Govt.
How can you credit the president for the natural progression of a society during peacetime? That's unfair.
People work very hard in order to make themselves middle-class, but you can't even give them credit for it. angry
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by debosky(m): 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2007
I agree with you Seun, but if a president has acted in a way to make the environment a little more conducive for this 'natural progression' to occur, then he deserves some credit as well.
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by alabiyemmy(m): 5:17pm On Apr 21, 2007
lets wait till the results are announced before he runs to the courts, may be the courts will declare him winner this time - Atiks my foot.
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by debosky(m): 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2007
the courts declared Obi winner, so its not entirely impossible in this case

we will see whos rigging machinery is greater - PDP or AC? cheesy
Re: Greedy Atiku. Why Can't He Step Down? by alabiyemmy(m): 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2007
Rigging or no rigging - do u think Atiku will ever win?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Toothless General Ibb / Newly Created Ministry Of Niger Delta A Secret Step To Scrap NDDC / No Plan To Release Al-mustapha, Lagos Govt Says !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.