Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts (31619 Views)

Night Shifts Will Increase The Risk Of Getting Endometriosis / Women Who Work Night Shifts More At Risk Of Early Menopause / Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by yomi007k(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2019
Customer80:
As i type this, am on duty and i prefer it more than day duty.

Why?
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by yomi007k(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
ladyF:
I’m suffering from chronic insomnia. Who are the people that treat this kind of disease because I need help urgently. cry

LadyF the rich woman.
tongue
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by yomi007k(m): 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
kayalla:
OP just explained my problems. Night shift has changed everything about me. if am not work 6pm shift am working midnight shift, its really telling on me, moody, depression, isolation. i am at work right now

Same here embarassed

1 Like

Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by Cameroonglass(m): 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2019
not just mind
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by kayalla(f): 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2019
Greatzeus:

Are you a nurse or in the military? If you are in the military,that's cool. But if you are a nurse...

i wish i was in either, hospitality o. 24hrs reservation
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by remi4ever(m): 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
feelgoodstuffs:

Sorry Bro... what are you coding?
Thanks man, I am building a social app for Campuses, with loads of features.
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by remi4ever(m): 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
K00da:

Its has to do with ur sitting position. Get a nice chair or use pilow to maintain a good chair to table balance...always rest when you are tired (good codes need a lot of thought).

There isn't much different between me and the wishes @9t. I always code @9t n have being doing so close to a decade now, I don't have any pain or what so ever.
Just make sure u don't try to cheat nature by not giving your body what it deserves. In general, i sleep more than those lazy ones who brag of 9t sleep. Also do evening exercise after proper day rest; this will relax your muscles for a short evening sleep (like say 8-10) b4 u start ur stuffs

Thanks man, I appreciate.
Will try that routine exercise, i do planks and Push-ups thrice a week tho, I'm just too lazy and impatient to stick to it.

1 Like

Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by remi4ever(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2019
Offpoint:

I thought I was alone in this, I'm always on the system as long as there's light. My back pain won't just go away and I've been avoiding painkillers.
Bro, it's not just you oh, the problem is where i stay, there is always light, and i cant just stop coding to take a break..
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by remi4ever(m): 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2019
SolutionMee:

So how do you intend to solve this issue now?
I dunno, i will try more exercises, I had to take this Herb they call "Opa eyin"....
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by feelgoodstuffs(m): 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2019
remi4ever:

Thanks man, I am building a social app for Campuses, with loads of features.

I'd love to learn that. wink
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2019
remi4ever:

Thanks man, I appreciate.
Will try that routine exercise, i do planks and Push-ups thrice a week tho, I'm just too lazy and impatient to stick to it.

You are welcome. It will be easier if u are a footballer...as u will just be enjoying yourself not even knowing u are doing strenuous exercise due to the fun in it
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by Mizjemie25: 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2019
A hospital in Lekki phase 1 needs a Nurse /Midwife
Must possess relevant qualifications with at least 2 years experience.
candidates with proximity to Lekki will be considered.
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV to admin@niyotmedical.com
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by remi4ever(m): 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2019
feelgoodstuffs:

I'd love to learn that. wink
Bro, i love ur spirit. but then, App development aint easy.

I am almost done tho, i am looking for investors.

Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by remi4ever(m): 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2019
K00da:

You are welcome. It will be easier if u are a footballer...as u will just be enjoying yourself not even knowing u are doing strenuous exercise due to the fun in it

aaaah!! Soccer, I play sometimes,but... I am always busy. I love football, and i play decently well, What wing do you play?
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by feelgoodstuffs(m): 2:18pm On Jan 07, 2019
remi4ever:

Bro, i love ur spirit. but then, App development aint easy.

I am almost done tho, i am looking for investors.

Nothing "Good" in this life is easy bro...
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by remi4ever(m): 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2019
feelgoodstuffs:

Nothing "Good" in this life is easy bro...
Yeah, I learnt that already.

I attached some screen-grabs earlier.
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2019
remi4ever:

aaaah!! Soccer, I play sometimes,but... I am always busy. I love football, and i play decently well, What wing do you play?

Das gud. I play as a winger,though I sometimes force myself to play as a midfielder (it always doesn't work well).
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by remi4ever(m): 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2019
K00da:

Das gud. I play as a winger,though I sometimes force myself to play as a midfielder (it always doesn't work well).
I love playing as a 10, but because of my height and dribbling skills, i get forced to play 9.

1 Like

Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
remi4ever:

I love playing as a 10, but because of my height and dribbling skills, i get forced to play 9.

grin 9 na battle ground ooo, I no fit try am
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by remi4ever(m): 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2019
K00da:

grin 9 na battle ground ooo, I no fit try am
Hahahah, Lazy man... grin
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by Offpoint: 3:10pm On Jan 07, 2019
remi4ever:

Bro, it's not just you oh, the problem is where i stay, there is always light, and i cant just stop coding to take a break..
Same here bro.. man got no choice.
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
remi4ever:

Hahahah, Lazy man... grin

grin grin grin
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by Customer80: 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
yomi007k:

Why?
It gives me time for my side hustle
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by camri: 6:15am On Oct 22, 2021
Whobedatte:
Night shift different from night shift o
Try work in an Indian company like nicapaco or metropolitan or dangote sugar factory
You l no say Jesus no b Nigerian
6pm-6pm 30 min break
oga, i greet u sir. E get dis factory job wey i see. The pay is 40k and you d be working on shifting basis. 8 to 5 for morning shift, 5 to 8 for nite shift inbetween is one hour. Its a skincare company and am a graduate. Is it ok?
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by Whobedatte(m): 6:48am On Oct 22, 2021
camri:
oga, i greet u sir. E get dis factory job wey i see. The pay is 40k and you d be working on shifting basis. 8 to 5 for morning shift, 5 to 8 for nite shift inbetween is one hour. Its a skincare company and am a graduate. Is it ok?
Ask of the working conditions
Is it full employment or casual staff ?
If it's the latter , kindly ignore as casual staff in factories don't enjoy any privilege and can be told to stay back at some point .
Do they also follow international standard for safety measures ? Like safety boots , helmets ,reflective jackets etc
Factory jobs here in Nigeria especially if it's Asian owned are not really good to work with
However , you can start to keep body and soul together for the main time
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by camri: 6:56am On Oct 22, 2021
Whobedatte:

Ask of the working conditions
Is it full employment or casual staff ?
If it's the latter , kindly ignore as casual staff in factories don't enjoy any privilege and can be told to stay back at some point .
Do they also follow international standard for safety measures ? Like safety boots , helmets ,reflective jackets etc
Factory jobs here in Nigeria especially if it's Asian owned are not really good to work with
However , you can start to keep body and soul together for the main time
thank you sir. Youve been kind
Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by toygod2: 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
lawa ooooooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Ituk Mbang Hospital, Akwa Ibom, To Be Commissioned By Udom Emmanuel / 'I Went To Libya To Get Free Treatment But This Happened' - Nigerian Man. Photos / Governor Ganduje Inspects Kwanar Dawaki Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.