Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! (1248 Views)

Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2019
Yes, you read that right - how what every nominal Christian think of as their ultimate aim - to make heaven - is actually a sin.

For a better understanding of what sin is - what exactly is it that you're doing wrong - it is appropriate to define it. Here's the bible definition: "Whosoever commit sin trangresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law" (1 John 3:4). Simply put, sin is the breaking of the law.

Now, here's how you sin when you desire to go to heaven:-

In Psalm 115:16 we read: "The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: but the EARTH had He GIVEN to the children of men". In addition, in Isaiah 66:1 and Psalm 11:4, we see heaven as God's "throne" while the earth is man's estate. Don't get it wrong, both heaven and earth belongs to God (Psalm 24:1), but the fact is that God had GIVEN the earth to man as a possession forever.

But instead of being grateful and content with what God had given him on a platter, those lusting after heaven are busy COVETING that which belongs to another - God! In so doing, they trangresses the tenth commandment (Ex. 20:17). Also technically speaking, the second commandment is violated since coveteousness is the same as idolatry (Col. 3:5).

Furthermore, desiring to go to heaven (which we've now seen to be coveteousness and idolatry) is vain - fruitless worship since it is a doctrine based on the TRADITION of men (Mark 7:7). Yes, this doctrine has no place in the Bible, and I challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

In fact, dealing the biggest blow to those who claimed to be 'heaven-bound' is Jesus own words: "For no MAN had ascended into heaven, but the Son of man who came down from heaven" (John 3:13). Peter also taught the same thing when speaking of David (Acts 2:34). Of course, man has no business in heaven, or what is he going there to do?

Instead of inheriting heaven (which is impossible), man is to INHERIT the EARTH (Matt. 5:5, Psalm 37) and REIGN as KINGS & PRIESTS (Rev. 5:10).

So, while I await whoever that will take up the challenge, here is the BIG question: 'ARE YOU STILL DESIROUS OF GOING TO HEAVEN'? Be the judge.
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Heartbender: 8:27pm On Jan 05, 2019
What did you smoke, bro? I need some of that on my bank account.

John 14:3 Jesus said "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am".
As Christians we are asked to think of things above and not below because we are in the world but not of it.
So, satan, not today. Your heresy can't work this time. Try not again

1 Like

Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by icybeth(m): 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2019
There are those who will rule with christ as co-rulers in heaven. Rev 14:1-5

1 Like

Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 11:54pm On Jan 05, 2019
Heartbender:
What did you smoke, bro? I need some of that on my bank account.

John 14:3 Jesus said "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am".
As Christians we are asked to think of things above and not below because we are in the world but not of it.
So, satan, not today. Your heresy can't work this time. Try not again

Greetings brother! Thank you for your response.

Now, let's reason your quoted scripture above and gain even more knowledge. No doubt, you may have assumed that the prepared place Jesus is talking about is 'IN' heaven. But bro, if the rules of Bible study is anything to go by, then you may not have heard the last of John 14:3. So, let's continue with the story...

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the THRONE of his glory: and before him shall be gathered all NATION: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divide his sheep from the goats: and he shall set the sheep on his right hand but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom PREPARED for you from the foundation of the world" (Matt. 25:31-34).

Looking at the above quoted text from the Bible, we can draw a number of sound conclusion:-

1. THRONE: It was prophesied by angel Gabriel that Jesus will sit on the throne of David forever (Luke 1:32). We also know for a fact that king David was a king who rule on earth and not in heaven.

2. NATIONS: Nations are on earth not in heaven.

3. PREPARED KINGDOM/PLACE: Remember the prepard place Jesus talked about in John 14:3, which you quoted? Matthew 25:31-34 has made that "prepared place" known. It is not a place in heaven: it's a place, actually, a kingdom or government right here on earth, as the event of Matthew has shown.

Please feel free to share your thoughts again. Thank you.
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 12:07am On Jan 06, 2019
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 12:23am On Jan 06, 2019
icybeth:
There are those who will rule with christ as co-rulers in heaven. Rev 14:1-5

Thank you for your response.

However, Rev. 14:1-5 is in no way saying that Christ and the saints will be ruling 'FROM' heaven. On the contrary, like I've already shown our brother up there, Matthew 25:31-34 has shown where the seat of government will be.

Please feel free to share more.
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Sirmuel1(m): 1:08am On Jan 06, 2019
Interesting..... Let me call someone here.

Cc
CAPLOCKED
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by CAPSLOCKED: 1:43am On Jan 06, 2019
Sirmuel1:
Interesting..... Let me call someone here.
Cc CAPLOCKED
LOL, ANOTHER TRASH. I WISH I COULD GET SOME OF WHAT THESE ADDICTS HAVE BEEN SMOKING.
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Janosky: 1:49am On Jan 06, 2019
Splinz:

Thank you for your response.

However, Rev. 14:1-5 is in no way saying that Christ and the saints will be ruling 'FROM' heaven. On the contrary, like I've already shown our brother up there, Matthew 25:31-34 has shown where the seat of government will be.

Please feel free to share more.

Rev 20:4-6, 21:1-5, Dan2:44. Matt6:9,10. 2pet 3:13, what's your take?
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Janosky: 1:59am On Jan 06, 2019
Splinz:
Yes, you read that right - how what every nominal Christian think of as their ultimate aim - to make heaven - is actually a sin.

For a better understanding of what sin is - what exactly is it that you're doing wrong - it is appropriate to define it. Here's the bible definition: "Whosoever commit sin trangresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law" (1 John 3:4). Simply put, sin is the breaking of the law.

In Psalm 115:16 we read: "The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: but the EARTH had He GIVEN to the children of men". In addition, in Isaiah 66:1 and Psalm 11:4, we see heaven as God's "throne" while the earth is man's estate. Don't get it wrong, both heaven and earth belongs to God (Psalm 24:1), but the fact is that God had GIVEN the earth to man as a possession forever.

But instead of being grateful and content with what God had given him on a platter, those lusting after heaven are busy COVETING that which belongs to another - God! In so doing, they trangresses the tenth commandment (Ex. 20:17). Also technically speaking, the second commandment is violated since coveteousness is the same as idolatry (Col. 3:5).

Furthermore, desiring to go to heaven (which we've now seen to be coveteousness and idolatry) is vain - fruitless worship since it is a doctrine based on the TRADITION of men (Mark 7:7). Yes, this doctrine has no place in the Bible, and I challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

In fact, dealing the biggest blow to those who claimed to be 'heaven-bound' is Jesus own words: "For no MAN had ascended into heaven, but the Son of man who came down from heaven" (John 3:13). Peter also taught the same thing when speaking of David (Acts 2:34). Of course, man has no business in heaven, or what is he going there to do?

Instead of inheriting heaven (which is impossible), man is to INHERIT the EARTH (Matt. 5:5, Psalm 37) and REIGN as KINGS & PRIESTS (Rev. 5:10).

So, while I await whoever that will take up the challenge, here is the BIG question: 'ARE YOU STILL DESIROUS OF GOING TO HEAVEN'? Be the judge.

True & unpopular but.....
OP, your post will ruffle lots of feathers.
Just get ready for the "mob".
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 5:25pm On Jan 06, 2019
Janosky:

Rev 20:4-6, 21:1-5, Dan2:44. Matt6:9,10. 2pet 3:13, what's your take?

Thank you so much for these passages, all pointing to the coming kingdom of God on earth.

Revelation 20: 4 pictures Christ and the saints on "THRONES", ready to judge - conduct the affairs of the world from that time till a thousand years had passed. The thrones here includes that of Christ, the twelve apostles own (Matt. 19:28) and those whom God had so chosen to sit on thrones.

This first resurrection is truly unique. Those who are resurrected and those worthy of the kingdom of God, death hath no power over them again in the second resurrection, since "...we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 John 3:2). Then truly shall this saying come to pass: "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory"? (1 Corinthians 15:55).

Revelation 21 pictures a new heaven and a new earth. Jerusalem, where king David sits in the past and where Christ will also sit when he returns, will some sort of be rebranded - rebuilt to reflect the capital of the world, where God Himself sits - where "...the tabernacle of God is with men...".

Daniel 2:44 pictures the setting up of God's kingdom on earth. A kingdom that abides forever, headed by Christ and the saints - spirit beings. While this government will be for the people - for man's ultimate good, it will not be a "government of the people" but 'FOR' the people. Indeed, "And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom UNDER THE WHOLE HEAVEN, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him" (Dan. 7:27).

And then Matthew 6:9-10. We may ask: 'How is it that everyone is able to pray what is known as the "Lord's prayer" everyday, and yet not know what they're praying for? Verse 10 is just too obvious. Why pray for the kingdom of God to come and His will be done on earth as it is in heaven, when your aim is to go to heaven? Who is this kingdom coming for?

And lastly, 2 Peter 3:13. Indeed, the saints are looking forward for new heavens and a new earth - a new universe that will be given to the saints of the most High to care for. Where there'll be no more war, famine, diseases, death, sorrow nor tears. A utopian!

Thank you.
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2019
Janosky:

True & unpopular but.....
OP, your post will ruffle lots of feathers.
Just get ready for the "mob".

You're right. A very unpopular one. However, it changes not the truth.

I know I'm swimming against the current - against cherished traditions built on nothing but the sand. I'm not scared of the backlash.

I've been ready but so far non of them is able to stand these truths.
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2019
Sirmuel1:
Interesting.....
Yes sir. When truly understood, the good news is like non other.
It is indeed a very interesting news...
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by UceeGod: 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2019
True! Most Christians refuse to know what the New Earth promised in the Bible is all about. A lot of Christians need to have God's direct illumination through personal study of the Bible and stop depending solely on denominational doctrines and preachings.
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2019
UceeGod:
True! Most Christians refuse to know what the New Earth promised in the Bible is all about. A lot of Christians need to have God's direct illumination through personal study of the Bible and stop depending solely on denominational doctrines and preachings.

Well spoken.

If only we'll study the Bible by ourselves, and not allow some people who themselves are blind to lead us astray.

And then, not just continuing with what you grew up with but "Prove ALL things; hold fast that which is good" (1 Thessalonians 5:21).
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Janosky: 7:07am On Jan 07, 2019
Splinz:

Thank you so much for these passages, all pointing to the coming kingdom of God on earth.

Revelation 20: 4 pictures Christ and the saints on "THRONES", ready to judge - conduct the affairs of the world from that time till a thousand years had passed. The thrones here includes that of Christ, the twelve apostles own (Matt. 19:28) and those whom God had so chosen to sit on thrones.

This first resurrection is truly unique. Those who are resurrected and those worthy of the kingdom of God, death hath no power over them again in the second resurrection, since "...we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 John 3:2). Then truly shall this saying come to pass: "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory"? (1 Corinthians 15:55).

Revelation 21 pictures a new heaven and a new earth. Jerusalem, where king David sits in the past and where Christ will also sit when he returns, will some sort of be rebranded - rebuilt to reflect the capital of the world, where God Himself sits - where "...the tabernacle of God is with men...".

Daniel 2:44 pictures the setting up of God's kingdom on earth. A kingdom that abides forever, headed by Christ and the saints - spirit beings. While this government will be for the people - for man's ultimate good, it will not be a "government of the people" but 'FOR' the people. Indeed, "And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom UNDER THE WHOLE HEAVEN, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him" (Dan. 7:27).

And then Matthew 6:9-10. We may ask: 'How is it that everyone is able to pray what is known as the "Lord's prayer" everyday, and yet not know what they're praying for? Verse 10 is just too obvious. Why pray for the kingdom of God to come and His will be done on earth as it is in heaven, when your aim is to go to heaven? Who is this kingdom coming for?

And lastly, 2 Peter 3:13. Indeed, the saints are looking forward for new heavens and a new earth - a new universe that will be given to the saints of the most High to care for. Where there'll be no more war, famine, diseases, death, sorrow nor tears. A utopian!

Thank you.

The kingdom of God led by Jesus Christ the king would rule over the earth from his heavenly throne . "Thy kingdom come" from where? From heaven of course.
That's the point that stands out in those verses.
thank you
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2019
Janosky:

The kingdom of God led by Jesus Christ the king would rule over the earth from his heavenly throne . "Thy kingdom come" from where? From heaven of course.
That's the point that stands out in those verses.
thank you

Sorry sir, you're ASSUMING that Jesus will be ruling 'FROM' heaven simply because it's a heavenly kingdom, I.e, a kingdom that will be just like the one in heaven. The kingdom is that OF heaven but the ruler of that kingdom will not rule FROM heaven. Two different thing.

You see, not that a literal kingdom will some sort of magically appear on earth, but a representative - the head or leader of that government is what will come. And when He arrives as picture in Matthew 25:31-34 and elsewhere, that is when the kingdom of God on earth begins.

Let's look at this: "I saw in the night visions, and behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, AND A KINGDOM..." (Dan. 7:13-14). Here pictures when Jesus is officially commissioned by the Father. But here's the point not to missed, Jesus is also given "A KINGDOM". If according to YOU Jesus will be ruling 'FROM' heaven, then does it mean the Father is giving him the kingdom to rule FOR/FROM heaven since there's no government already in heaven? I say 'FOR', since Jesus can't be ruling FROM heaven without of necessity ruling IN heaven either NOW or LATER.

Here is the truth of the matter sir. Jesus wouldn't rule FROM heaven because two captain can't be in the same ship, seeing that Jesus at the moment is sitting at the Father's right hand. What it means is that it's the Father that sits on the throne in heaven ruling the entire universe. This is most true when you look at Psalm 110:1, it reads: "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool" (Psalm 110:1). We know for a fact that this promise has not been fulfilled yet since Satan is still very much around. So, since God will have to make His enemies His Son's footstool, which hasn't happened yet, it simply means He's the One ruling, at least for now.

However, if you still insist that Jesus will be ruling FROM heaven, then honestly answer these questions:-

1. What becomes of the existing government IN heaven when Jesus supposedly start his rule of the earth from heaven?

2. Will the ruling of the Father at this time be terminated or suspended or the Father and Son will rule together?

3. Is it true that Jesus is to retire the Father or has He already retired Him?

God is not the author of confusion. The Bible have shown where the Father's throne is and that of the Son. Any claim that Jesus will be ruling from heaven or has his throne stationed in heaven is to fault the prophesy of angel Gabriel in Luke 1:32-33. In fact, Jesus himself have already shown where his throne will be, in same Matthew 25. While it is true that the coming kingdom will be that 'OF' heaven, what is not true is that it will be a kingdom or rulership 'IN' heaven. Can a Nigerian President rule Nigeria from America?

Thank you.
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
shocked
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 8:15am On Jan 20, 2019
shocked shocked

Unchallenged?
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Janosky: 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2019
Splinz:

Sorry sir, you're ASSUMING that Jesus will be ruling 'FROM' heaven simply because it's a heavenly kingdom, I.e, a kingdom that will be just like the one in heaven. The kingdom is that OF heaven but the ruler of that kingdom will not rule FROM heaven. Two different thing.

You see, not that a literal kingdom will some sort of magically appear on earth, but a representative - the head or leader of that government is what will come. And when He arrives as picture in Matthew 25:31-34 and elsewhere, that is when the kingdom of God on earth begins.

Let's look at this: "I saw in the night visions, and behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, AND A KINGDOM..." (Dan. 7:13-14). Here pictures when Jesus is officially commissioned by the Father. But here's the point not to missed, Jesus is also given "A KINGDOM". If according to YOU Jesus will be ruling 'FROM' heaven, then does it mean the Father is giving him the kingdom to rule FOR/FROM heaven since there's no government already in heaven? I say 'FOR', since Jesus can't be ruling FROM heaven without of necessity ruling IN heaven either NOW or LATER.

Here is the truth of the matter sir. Jesus wouldn't rule FROM heaven because two captain can't be in the same ship, seeing that Jesus at the moment is sitting at the Father's right hand. What it means is that it's the Father that sits on the throne in heaven ruling the entire universe. This is most true when you look at Psalm 110:1, it reads: "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool" (Psalm 110:1). We know for a fact that this promise has not been fulfilled yet since Satan is still very much around. So, since God will have to make His enemies His Son's footstool, which hasn't happened yet, it simply means He's the One ruling, at least for now.

However, if you still insist that Jesus will be ruling FROM heaven, then honestly answer these questions:-

1. What becomes of the existing government IN heaven when Jesus supposedly start his rule of the earth from heaven?

2. Will the ruling of the Father at this time be terminated or suspended or the Father and Son will rule together?

3. Is it true that Jesus is to retire the Father or has He already retired Him?

God is not the author of confusion. The Bible have shown where the Father's throne is and that of the Son. Any claim that Jesus will be ruling from heaven or has his throne stationed in heaven is to fault the prophesy of angel Gabriel in Luke 1:32-33. In fact, Jesus himself have already shown where his throne will be, in same Matthew 25. While it is true that the coming kingdom will be that 'OF' heaven, what is not true is that it will be a kingdom or rulership 'IN' heaven. Can a Nigerian President rule Nigeria from America?

Thank you.
Thanks for your comments....
pls ,my response will come later.
Peace,Bro
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
Janosky:

Thanks for your comments....
pls ,my response will come later.
Peace,Bro

Greetings brother. I await your response.
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 4:35pm On Feb 03, 2019
shocked shocked
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 10:23am On Feb 24, 2019
embarassed shocked
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Danhumprey: 9:50am On Mar 10, 2019
Good grief! grin grin grin grin grin grin

The drama and charade that's religions.... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by twosquare(m): 10:34am On Mar 10, 2019
Splinz:
[s]Yes, you read that right - how what every nominal Christian think of as their ultimate aim - to make heaven - is actually a sin.

So, while I await whoever that will take up the challenge, here is the BIG question: 'ARE YOU STILL DESIROUS OF GOING TO HEAVEN'? Be the judge.[/s]
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Chiprince007(m): 11:31am On Mar 10, 2019
Wow... All I'll say is that you're right but your truth is not balanced.. To start, I would say we would go to heaven, but it would be temporary. Its not a permanent location. We would be there for a while.Yes we would inherit the earth but not this one why because it would be destroyed and a new earth would be created
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by UceeGod: 11:31am On Mar 10, 2019
Read and study your Bible, then pray for the Holy Spirit's illumination. God made heaven for Himself and His angels NOT for humans. He made the earth for humans to live.

Right from the beginning, God's plan has always been to rule the earth from His heavenly throne using humans as His regents. That plan was disrupted but not aborted by the devil. In the end, the plan will come into fulfillment when Satan, death and evil has been finally defeated after the millenial reign and great white throne judgment.
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Maxi3k(m): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2019
please can someone describe this heaven to me
Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2019
Chiprince007:
Wow... All I'll say is that you're right but your truth is not balanced.. To start, I would say we would go to heaven, but it would be temporary. Its not a permanent location. We would be there for a while.Yes we would inherit the earth but not this one why because it would be destroyed and a new earth would be created

Thank you sir.

But please, kindly provide proofs in the Scriptures to support your claims, as contained in 1 Thessalonians 5:21.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by blueAgent(m): 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
Chiprince007:

Perfect response.

The Op forgot that when Christ comes the second time the dead in Christ and the living will be changed and taken to....... the question is where?

◄ 1 Thessalonians 4:17
Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with
them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall
always be with the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Desiring To Go To Heaven Is A Sin! by Splinz(m): 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2020
smiley

(1) (Reply)

The Little Voice That Goes Against My Wish Has Done It Again: Trump Loses! / Apostle Joshua Selman Celebrates His 41st Birthday Today / The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.