Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,095 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:49 AM

INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls (11993 Views)

200,000 Corps Members Deployed For Elections – NYSC / INEC Releases Final List Of Presidential, National Assembly Candidates For Polls / Enugu: APC Assembly Candidates Disown Call For Polls Postponement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by adebuk47(m): 1:21am On Jan 06, 2019
The Independent National Electoral Commission will hire about 40 per cent of its ad hoc workers for the February 16 and March 2 elections from members of the National Youth Service Corps, the National Commissioner and Chairman of its Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye, has stated.

Between 300,000 and 400,000 corps members would be needed for the two elections out of 800,000 to one million workers to be deployed in different polling booths during the exercise.

According to the INEC commissioner, the expectation is that the corps members will serve as presiding officers in about 120,000 polling units and the estimated 30,000 voting points and settlements.

He also stated that should there be any shortfall, the commission would make use of students from federal tertiary institutions.

Okoye spoke in Abuja where he shed light on the number of ad hoc employees to be deployed for the February and March polls including the additional 30,000 voting points that might be created by INEC.

He said, “There are 119,809 polling units in Nigeria and maybe additional 30,000 voting points will be created. Each polling unit and voting point will have not less than four ad hoc staff. We have a total of 8,809 registration areas and each of them must have collation officers.

“All the local governments and area councils must have collation officers. INEC will conduct elections in 1,558 constituencies and it requires between 750,000 and one million ad hoc workers. The commission can only harvest around 40 per cent of its ad hoc staff need from the corps members.”

Okoye explained that each of the polling units would be manned by a presiding officer and three assistant presiding officers.

The national commissioner added, “Where voting points are created, there will be at each voting point an APO (VP) and three APOs appointed by the commission under the supervision of the presiding officer. The presiding officer shall delegate the responsibility of accreditation, preparing and issuing of ballot papers to the assistant presiding officer (VP) in-charge of a voting point.

“The commission will also deploy collation officers in all the registration areas/wards throughout the federation as well as supervisory presiding officers to all the registration areas/wards. The commission will deploy registration area technical support staff in all the registration areas/wards.

“The commission will also deploy collation officers in all the local governments in the federation and appoint returning officers for all the strands of election that will be conducted.”

According to Okoye, INEC does not create voting points based on geography.

He said, “The voting points are created based on multiples of 500 and a maximum of 750 registered voters or as may otherwise be determined by the commission. The determining factor in the creation of voting points is the number of registered voters in a particular polling unit and the need to make it easier for all registered voters to cast their votes expeditiously.
“Voting points are not stand-alone polling units. Voting points are appendages of the existing and main polling units. The APO (VP) in charge of a voting point reports directly to the presiding officer and hands over the votes harvested from the voting point to the presiding officer after counting and recording in the appropriate forms.

source:https://thebiggestgists..com/2019/01/inec-to-deploy-400000-corps-members-for.html

4 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:22am On Jan 06, 2019
We can't just wait for this election.....

Sai Baba

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by Odingo1: 2:27am On Jan 06, 2019
The Youth corpers that Buhari killed in 2015 election have died and forgotten, this ones should be careful expecially the ones in the North.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by olajizz01(m): 3:00am On Jan 06, 2019
a

1 Like

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by Bizmagnet: 4:32am On Jan 06, 2019
Corpers should be very careful. Your life counts more than any election preconditioned with political machinations.
Check my siggy if you need a website/blog/software.

8 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by amalab30(m): 4:54am On Jan 06, 2019
During the last Election, my friend serving in Kebbi almost had his arm severed. What kind of country are we where lives aren't valued.

To every prospective corper to be used. Don't be fooled by the money, to avoid stories that touch, security of your life is Paramount.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by ukehnonny: 5:05am On Jan 06, 2019
Hiring them is not a big deal, but putting securities in place so no life will be lost.

6 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by safetyInspector(m): 5:09am On Jan 06, 2019
Is like this election is already giving you a sleepless night or are you not in GMT+1 time zone? By this time last four years I remember the likes of SincereNigerian but today we don't see that Moniker anymore. Take chill pill, no matter who wins, 4 years will come to pass and Nigeria will remain the same. In Nigeria, people cry of corruption when the corrupt system doesn't favour them but immediately it does, they will see no corruption in the corrupt system. It is an unfortunate situation but that is how it is in this Country.
post=74490864:
We can't just wait for this election.....

Sai Baba

27 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by fasho01(m): 5:10am On Jan 06, 2019
Just ensure their safety..

Don't want what happened the last time a lifeless individual lost the elections to happen again. Thunder ought not to strike at the same spot twice
Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by dokyOloye: 5:11am On Jan 06, 2019
I hope Buhari's terrorists will not butcher them like they did 800 of them after the idiot lost in 2011.
Come to think of it,d terrorist cow herder in Aso rock was even justifying their deaths .
Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by Quality20(m): 5:14am On Jan 06, 2019
Odingo1:
The Youth corpers that Buhari killed in 2015 election have died and forgotten, this ones should be careful expecially the ones in the North.
u deserve to b hired by inec to provide sefety course on how to b careful to d corp members
Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by Ekpekus(m): 5:31am On Jan 06, 2019
How many Youth corpers do we have in Nigeria that 400k are deployed for election?

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by helinues: 5:36am On Jan 06, 2019
Good. Hope they will also be protected.. Cos I dont trust Nigeria politicians oo
Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by sayisayi(m): 5:47am On Jan 06, 2019
Morgue assignment in certain states.
Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by Oweku: 5:57am On Jan 06, 2019
I want to use this moment to commit the life of every Corp member that will be participating in this election into the hands of Jehovah for his devine protection..

Jehovah just like the mother chicken protect her chicks, please protect this ones.. They will go and return safe in Jesus mighty name, Amen kiss

18 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by homealone00: 6:13am On Jan 06, 2019
If posted to the south west you don't have a problem. But if north or potopoto yeast, pls be careful... They are both hostile communities.
Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by Ecstasy9(m): 6:29am On Jan 06, 2019
Oweku:
I want to use this moment to commit the life of every Corp member that will be participating in this election into the hands of Jehovah for his devine protection..

Jehovah just like the mother chicken protect her chicks, please protect this ones.. They will go and return safe in Jesus mighty name, Amen kiss
Amen
Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by Ecstasy9(m): 6:32am On Jan 06, 2019
amalab30:
During the last Election, my friend serving in Kebbi almost had his arm severed. What kind of country are we where lives aren't valued.

To every prospective corper to be used. Don't be fooled by the money, to avoid stories that touch, security of your life is Paramount.
I thought kebbi is always peaceful. Corps members are willing to participate in this election because they need money.
Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by Judybash93(m): 7:02am On Jan 06, 2019
Back in 2016 when i was serving my father land, we were asked to register so as to be pooling agents in Imo state. i blatantly rejected the offer due to the fear of being lynched and the guys that went actually came back with some level of fear due to the way the locals treated them back them. Some were even beaten.. please stay safe guys, this country ain't worth the stress we're putting in

1 Like

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by sammie99: 7:07am On Jan 06, 2019
Provide security 4 dem i beg you o inec
Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by Dabiridamilare(m): 7:44am On Jan 06, 2019
amalab30:

cry cry

I'm a serving Corp member in Kebbi ooo.
I pray everything goes well this period.

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by arabbunkum: 7:50am On Jan 06, 2019
We need an assurance that Buhari will not like them again as he did in Bauchi.
Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by Abiboss: 7:57am On Jan 06, 2019
dokyOloye:
I hope Buhari's terrorists will not butcher them like they did 800 of them after the idiot lost in 2011.
Come to think of it,d terrorist cow herder in Aso rock was even justifying their deaths .

You're Calling book boys buhari boys and dey are still terrorising is govt are you sick

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by klever18(m): 8:00am On Jan 06, 2019
if you are posted to Abuja and Lagos give thanks to God.

am still remembering the corps members killed in portharcourt during 2015 elections

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by omega2128(m): 8:15am On Jan 06, 2019
ALERT
IF YOU ARE A CORPER IN TARABA STATE, BALI LG
if you are post to Gantiba 1, 2 or 3, if INEC can not provide you with helicopter don't go, don't let them fool you with pickup van.
4 to 6 hours mountain climbing
all night driving,
and many other terrible experience

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 06, 2019
Taking some of them to slaughter.
Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by Damfostopper(m): 8:27am On Jan 06, 2019
me wey dey oyo state dey get double mind in whether to do it or not.... but I need money....

BTW states with high volatile election violence....1. Rivers.... river of blood.....
2....Cross River.....
3.....The eastern states.... as the are protesting no referendum... no election ....
4...Bayelsa....
5....Plateau ....
Borno, Zamfara, Kaduna, Bauchi, Yobe, Benue, Kogi, Nassarawa, and Kano.....

I don't know how far for this south west states
Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by BabaIbo: 8:27am On Jan 06, 2019
Please is there anyone here who has the link on how to apply for INEC Adhoc staff for this coming election?

or who knows how I can go about it?
Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by NickD(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2019
homealone00:
If posted to the south west you don't have a problem. But if north or potopoto yeast, pls be careful... They are both hostile communities.
Keep quiet. Ever heard a corp member has been killed in the east because of elections? All you know is to display your useless tribalism. Have some sense in this new year.

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Deploy 400,000 Corps Members For Polls by Certitude(m): 8:32am On Jan 06, 2019
How much are they paying?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banditry: Police Arrest Chinese Nationals, Miners In Kogi, Niger, Kaduna / Crusoe Osagie: Oshiomhole Desperate To Revive His Drowning Career / Floods Kill 20, Injure 37, Destroy Properties Worth ₦1 Bllion In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.