Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,841 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � (30572 Views)

I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) / Moist Beach Club: I Visited The Most Beautiful Beach In Lagos - Video / Nurse Who Visited Nigeria Over 35 Years Ago Moves Man To Tears In UK. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by Hoodbilonia: 10:01am On Jan 31, 2019
i dare u to baff cold water
u go hail
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by Fidelismaria: 10:04am On Jan 31, 2019
jesmond3945:
Beautiful place but why are you lonely in these pics?

Lol

Lonely ?

Isn't lonely a state of mind?

I believe the right word should be 'alone'

anyways it's a beautiful city

3 Likes

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by fmcjunior(m): 10:06am On Jan 31, 2019
pls the ice castles don't melt during the day ba? cos I was wondering if they will carve it everyday

1 Like

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by BabaCommander: 10:12am On Jan 31, 2019
flyca:

Are you saying that God does not like them?

Lemme flip that sentence for you:
Harbin my Harbin, God loves us, see people living inside Sun.

Does it make sense?
Your reply was excellent and apt, but still don't forget that "it pleases the eyes to see the sun"

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by IchBinBrait(m): 10:14am On Jan 31, 2019
flyca:
Dressing and Food.
Wear as much as clothes as possible, also warm hat, scarf, thick gloves, socks, shoes.

For me, I wore 2 pairs of woolen socks, 3 pants, four tops(inner long-sleeve tuttle neck vest, 2 sweaters and a down coat).

For your shoes, it should be skidproof because in Harbin there is much ice on the road.
Then put a warming pad on in your socks.

I still felt cold anyway. My fingers were red and sore. Harbin is cold

.......but how do you feel comfortable wearing all of those at once?

You guys are really trying.
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by KendrickAyomide: 10:22am On Jan 31, 2019
Post more pictures sissy
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by ayomide8990(m): 10:27am On Jan 31, 2019
China is always my dream Country,i love the Country,i wish to be their one Day
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by sweetTai(m): 10:30am On Jan 31, 2019
This isn’t cold. It’s -48 degrees in Chicago, Illinois as we speak. And -61 (negative 61degrees) in St. Paul, Minnesota.

1 Like

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by Conqueror89: 10:31am On Jan 31, 2019
flyca:

Bros, how many people do you want me to be with? If I post certain pics now, people like you will still scream ”showoff”, “intimidation”, nyenyenye.
Now take a careful look at the pictures attached.
And bounce off!
grin cheesy you are funny o.
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by deybholar(f): 10:33am On Jan 31, 2019
Chilisauce this place is calling your name tongue
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by flyca: 10:35am On Jan 31, 2019
fmcjunior:
pls the ice castles don't melt during the day ba? cos I was wondering if they will carve it everyday
The weather is not hot enough to thaw the ice. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by pomide(m): 10:44am On Jan 31, 2019
Beautiful... I hope you had some sort of Health Plan when traveling here o.. like a Travel Insurance. Protect Yourself o smiley
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by pacespot(m): 10:45am On Jan 31, 2019
I wish this weather is distributed all around the world. In fact, I love harmattan, winter, snow, and all the cold weather. It is unfortunate some races have taken over the best parts of this planet: Russia, Canada, USA, China, Europe, Australia, etc. They don't have mosquitoes in those places, their citizens enjoy the best temperature in the world and economy. If I must relocate to these countries, it has to be because of their weather. I love cool places.

African sun can fry human brain

3 Likes

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by caius(m): 10:45am On Jan 31, 2019
Surely on my bucket list.....

1 Like

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by dayveed1(m): 10:48am On Jan 31, 2019
flyca:

wow.. Has there been any cases of people dying due to this harsh weather?
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by dayveed1(m): 10:51am On Jan 31, 2019
Guys in Dubai will be ranting about the heat and people in Russia, China and Canada will be complaining cold weather.. Oga Gan oo..

2 Likes

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by introvertme: 10:56am On Jan 31, 2019
flyca:

YOU speak Chinese?

1 Like

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by Mathelosopher: 10:59am On Jan 31, 2019
What a lovely experience!

1 Like

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by flyca: 10:59am On Jan 31, 2019
dayveed1:
wow.. Has there been any cases of people dying due to this harsh weather?
Well, people usually kit themselves up well enough not be frozen to death.
But I've heard of rare cases where people get stock outside at night, maybe because of too much snowing or hazy weather. And they don't make it by morning.

1 Like

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by RevenGeMission: 11:04am On Jan 31, 2019
olumose001:
Small Nigeria harmattan cold dey do me like say I go die, if I should come there I'll definitely die, or develop hypoxia

Dem dey look face before dem grant visa grin
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by magzey: 11:18am On Jan 31, 2019
I went there in the summer 2012 not so cool as such grin
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by b03liberty(m): 11:25am On Jan 31, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
Interesting
Interesting keh Here na die in winter
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by kponkedenge(m): 11:32am On Jan 31, 2019
Babacele:
O boy! So Moscow and Arctic get cousin in China. Spices, pots and hard drinks especially spirits would know no gender here be that o. Heard most chinco women start nine months projects during this time . Nice thread, flyca.

Russia isn't even as cold as Canada during winter.
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by Originalsly: 11:43am On Jan 31, 2019
Hmmm......you should be in Chicago now.... see how quick you dash to the Ice City for warmth! Nice thread...nice pics!
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by encryptjay(m): 11:47am On Jan 31, 2019
Great thread. It's gonna be lovely traveling to one of these countries.
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by tym92(m): 11:53am On Jan 31, 2019
pacespot:
I wish this weather is distributed all around the world. In fact, I love harmattan, winter, snow, and all the cold weather. It is unfortunate some races have taken over the best parts of this planet: Russia, Canada, USA, China, Europe, Australia, etc. They don't have mosquitoes in those places, their citizens enjoy the best temperature in the world and economy. If I must relocate to these countries, it has to be because of their weather. I love cool places.

African sun can fry human brain
u gat me laughing bro
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by madgoat(m): 11:56am On Jan 31, 2019
chukxie:
That's my person! I've never been to Harbin. Having transversed the length and breadth of this large country, Harbin is one of the frontiers I'm yet to visit. Would have loved to visit this winter but wifey thought the weather would be too extreme for our daughter. I'm longing for the breathtaking experience of Harbin!

Liar... Dey there dey deceive urself. Na one village for Abia state u come dey form grin
Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by alfaman3: 11:58am On Jan 31, 2019
flyca:

Bros, how many people do you want me to be with? If I post certain pics now, people like you will still scream ”showoff”, “intimidation”, nyenyenye.
Now take a careful look at the pictures attached.
And bounce off!

See as you are surrounded by people but still lonely.

4 Likes

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by Explorers(m): 12:00pm On Jan 31, 2019
Nice one flyca.

2 Likes

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by flyca: 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2019
alfaman3:

See as you are surrounded by people but still lonely.
Lol. Even if I hug and kiss them, you will still find something ugly to say. Negetivity is in your blood. Anyway, they are just classmates, it's not that deep wink

3 Likes

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by alfaman3: 12:07pm On Jan 31, 2019
flyca:

Lol. Even if I hug and kiss them, you will still find something ugly to say. Negetivity is in your blood. Anyway, they are just classmates, it's not that deep wink

So you wanted to show off with mere classmates which everybody has. Classmating is not companionship. I even thought you went on a holiday bragging about 18k ticket. But this is just a secondary school class trip probably paid for or subsidised by the school board.

Only those who hate hearing true facts complain about negativity. I don't have time to be negative.

2 Likes

Re: Introducing Minus 25 Degrees! I Visited The Ice City! � by koliks(m): 12:13pm On Jan 31, 2019
flyca:
People of Harbin are nice and warm.
There were many tourists too.
They might be nice. That i don't doubt but they are definitely not warm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Visit To The Popular Sobi Hill In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) / A Nairalander Shares Overnight Beach Camping Experience At Enukunmi Eleko Beach / Fashola Visits Main Bridge Of The Bonny-Bodo Road Project (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.