Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

What Australians Think About Nigerians - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Australians Think About Nigerians (52582 Views)

Who Noticed This About Nigerians Who Have Family Members Abroad? / Check Out Australians You Would Never See On TV (photos) / New Rwandan Here...what Should I Know About Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Auladimeji1: 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
haryomikun:

Isn't there tribalism? How is instablog promoting bad image?

Are the stuff on instablog doctored or they're real events in Nigeria

Alaye swerve comot here jareh
one of the instablog staff spotted. If you are among those damaging Nigeria reputation, God will damage your own before half of this year.Amen
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by haryomikun(m): 2:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
Auladimeji1:
one of the instablog staff spotted. If you are among those damaging Nigeria reputation, God will damage your own before half of this year.Amen
God doesn't work for a nitwit like you. And this year, I'll succeed far more than you've ever succeeded in your entire lifetime

1 Like

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by frank202012: 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2019
taiyeayodeji:
if you will be truthful to yourself.the negative name that people have about nigeria did not start now.you seem to be biased.i love to say the truth.nigeria had a very bad reputation before Buhari came unless you are not truthful.some of this negative view is even caused by nigerians living abroad.in malaysia ,nigerians are not rented house because of their nationally.they are known to be scammers and people are afraid if them.we blame everything on government.the truth is that the whole system in nigeria is corrupt.a situation in which people believe that it's ok when politicians steal and nothing is wrong provided everybody is enjoying.a situation in which people even defraud members of their own family.i will say that corruption starts with the ordinary people and in the home and escalates in to the everyday life and government.there is corruption in every country in the world but the level of corruption is very low as compared to that in nigeria

shit hole country
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by 2nattie(m): 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
Na Nigerians ain't that smart, to be honest Nigeria is a baby in internet fraud business.

Countries like Russia is the king but you'll never ever hear their media reporting such news even USA.

Do not be deceived. Some unscrupulous Nigerians are rebranding Internet fraud
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by abordmay(m): 2:47pm On Jan 06, 2019
helinues:
Replying yourself by yourself...lol

Anyways, that is one person opinions. I have friends in AU and NZ with different views to this.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2019
I will not mention tribe, but i am sure all us here lready knew the people that are good in internet fraud.
If you Qoute me, then you're a victim.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Lovemaester: 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2019
plainol:
This is Nigeria!
'
A nation with a leader whose Identity is in question.
A nation with a leader whose age is in question.
A nation with a leader whose certificate is in question.
A nation with a leader whose competence is in question;.
A nation with a leader whose integrity is in question.
A nation with a leader whose patriotism is in question.
A nation with a leader whose followers' sanity is in question.
A nation with a leader whose love for humanity is in question
'
Welcome to Nigeria,
'
The home of most gullible and confused people on earth.
The home of people starving to death but chanting Sai Baba!
The home for the Poor and sickly myopic political followers
The home where anomalies are normal
The home where a Failed leader is seeking Re-election
The home where truth is hate-speech and lie is truth
The home where democracy is upturned and youths don't talk
The home with a leader with an open nature of Adolf Hitler.
'
Our home, where we have a leader,
'
Who stole NNPC's $2.8 billion (1977), $25billion (2018)
Who mismanaged $150 million PTF (1998)
Who has caused this nation brain-drain by his incompetence
Who believes that lawful expression is a treason
Who cannot tolerate criricism or opposition
Who has actively supported and encouraged terrorism
Who made our treasury experience rape and drain
Who is legendary for tribal and religious bigortry
Who insults Nigerians at will before foreign audiences
Who defies court order having no regard for Rule of Law
Who is anti-people...never signing bills good for masses.
'
You are welcome to a nation with a leader whose business in office is blame past government while having no competence to deliver on his own campaign promises. Sai, what a nation!.

though I understand ur hatred for buhari, there have been worst leaders in the last 16 years, buhari is better than atiku which u are advocating for, and I believe he is taking us there albeit very slow but surely
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by HeWrites(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2019
DaRuud:

PMB should just chatter 7 planes filled with Nigerians let s go there and warn them

angry

90% of Nigerians will go missing...

Everybody don find his way be that grin

1 Like

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2019
Beside corruption, foreigners think "Nigerians are a proud and confident people".

1 Like

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by urahara(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
taiyeayodeji:
yes.the negative view about Nigerian are being propagated by the media and also the people of [b]Nigerians.some European countries are much more poorer than Nigeria but [/b]you will never see them talk about it on their media.in Germany,you see alot of people sleeping outside in the cold with no home ,you will not see it on their tv.alot of people are in the europe with no source of living and hungry.you don't hear it on social media.Nigeria is far better than some countries thou many may not believe it.The problem is that we are our own problem.The opposition party sees it as a duty to tell the outside world that nigerians are suffering,the government go out to seek aid from international bodies that their people live in poverty ,hungry bloggers are used by politicians to spread bad news about nigerians. foreigners learn everything they know about nigerians on social media.you will never see our Nigerian media proclaim something good about nigeria .80% of what they do is negative.when you ask an average nigerian about nigeria.they tell you nigeria is a bad place and some people even call Nigeria a zoo.when.you call your country a zoo,then what do you want others to call it.every country has got its own bad side,right now we are dealing with corruption ,corruption is a big problem in Nigeria,it was handed over to US and it will take years to bring to a minimum level.it may be very hard to eliminate corruption but it can be reduced.the negative view people have about nigerians is also displayed abroad,some nigerians living abroad engage in very bad activities and bring bad reputation to the country .so the problem is not only with the government but also with the people itself.

That my friend is a very funny falssssse statement
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by ernieboy(m): 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
Na Nigerians ain't that smart, to be honest Nigeria is a baby in internet fraud business.

Countries like Russia is the king but you'll never ever hear their media reporting such news even USA.
not true bro, most Russian hackers are smart enough to hide their identities, many Nigerian scammers are not smart enough to hide their identity, I won't be surprised if some of the scams attributed to Nigeria are not actually done by russans masquerading as Nigerians.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by anonymous1759(m): 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
The Real thives are the Westerns they reap a whole nation apart and still talk sh*t... Whenever the Slave trade issue is being raised you guys try to cover it up like it's cool...

The real Scammer are the Foreigner hackers who Steal information and sell it out to Nigerians and mind you No Nigerian will have you guts to Steal in someone's country without the help of international collaborators...

Western are not just scammers they're Devilish creating War just to sell weapons, and also fire viruses which leads to incurable sickness all because you want to sell vaccines...

Before you guys came to colonize us We were taking good care of yourself. Nothing like HiV, cancer, tumour etc...

I know some senseless Nigerians will support them because of interior complex... A fellow Nigerian can criticize Nigeria not a Foreigner..

Because the Westerns will never tell their children that they themselves aid fraud just because they want to paint us bad like they used to. But our fellow Nigerians will support them Shame on you guys...
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by OkumagbaBOY(m): 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
nairalanduseles:
Stupidest post i have ever seen been living in Australia for donkey years married a white Aussie and we have 2 kids ......she read this and just laughed.....ignorance is a disease
so is it true or not .... because am scared......I will be leaving for France any moment from now and I want to be updated about this.....tell me please
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by hustler2828: 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2019
Nigeria dey do internet fraud? Nigerians are still babies when it comes to internet fraud. They still defraud individuals. In US, UK, and Russia fraudsters don't have time for individuals they deal with business and big corporations like eBay,amazon,PayPal and lots more.
Also the are very serious with covering their footprints. As such they become very difficult to trace and arrest . But in Nigeria the mumu gboy that received $2000 will rant any how on Facebook displaying aba made Gucci thereby drawing attention to himself. Every institution in Nigeria is corrupt even its citizen.
If you are saying Nigeria is the home of corruption in the world I won't argue with you. But internet fraud, assassin, and what have you, Nigeria is still a learner.

2 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by americaninja1: 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:

Nigerian be like petty thieves weh dem dey catch but the Russians and Indians are d main jagaban for wiring, hacking and data theft fraud
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Kemisparkles: 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2019
Comparing the internet fraud in Russia to what we have here locally, you'll see that the oyinbo people are doing it with dignity...unlike naija boiz wey dey sacrifice on top white man picture in a calabash...
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by ajl: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
Most Nigerians don't understand how important Nigeria is to the black race. Nigeria is the symbol nation for the black man. The western media tearing down Nigeria is the same as the media in the USA or any western country tearing down the black population there. Yes, so many things are not going good in Nigeria but the western propaganda against Nigeria is real. It's aimed at showing the whole world that something like slavery and colonialism is justified, and that the black race can never be civilized. Worst part is that the Nigerian people are not helping themselves because the worst among us are elected to rule over us. What's more self-destructive than that.

The level of scam and crime are higher in many western and more developed countries than in Nigeria. The amount of money lost to fraud in USA is huge and incomparable to what is lost through fraud in Nigeria. In terms of amount of money lost to fraudsters, Nigeria is still a baby to countries like Russia. But if it's a black man, they would blow the horn 100-times more.

Truth need to be told, let us clean up our acts. Not because of what others think but because we have to in order to move the country forward. At least, no one was saying the same about Nigeria in the 70s or 80s.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by ajl: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2019
OkumagbaBOY:
so is it true or not .... because am scared......I will be leaving for France any moment from now and I want to be updated about this.....tell me please

Remember what your mother taught you about not worrying about what others think of you. If you do, then you may just have to remain in Nigeria. I have lived outside Nigeria for nearly 20 years, most people you will meet are generally ignorant and can't even locate Nigeria on a map. You should worry more about them thinking you are a refugee in their country trying to escape conflict or war in your country.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Timi1990(m): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2019
WellsFargo:

Of course he has heard about me.. Lol

grin
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by olmoRoc: 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2019
igbodefender:
So, I was going through my mail. And I saw this timely writeup below by Quora.com user Alexandra Goldhar. I consider the write up to be a wake up call to Nigerians. This is because it shows us what others really think of us, and how corruption and 419 eyaff pour sand-sand for our garri.

Do you know that Australians are taught in classrooms that Nigerians go through old hard drives of imported second-hand computers to get passwords to steal information from people abroad? (Is that true?)

Read below to find out how Australians view our dear country. Some of the views are funny. Others not so funny.

Minister of Information, Government and Nigerian journalists, you have a lot of work to do o!

In fact, every Nigerian, we need to change our international image fast!

Or else one day, foreigners may be looking at you the way they were looking at the narrator after the cut: as if you have come to their country to steal their hard drives.

What does an Australian

think of Nigerians?

[b]Alexandra Goldhar

"I was once invited to a friend’s house for dinner and I was asked by her mother, ‘what is Nigeria known for’. I was about to mention food, music and movies but this friend’s younger sister blurted out ‘corruption’. Everyone else on the table laughed. Then the father started talking about Nigerian prince scams and all other nonsense. I was told apparently that the sister wrote a paper on Nigeria and corruption.

" I was in a computer class once and the teacher was teaching about e-waste and how in Nigeria, people go through old hard drives and such and find passwords which are then used to steal information from people abroad. I kid you not, the whole class turned around and looked at me like I was going to steal all their money.

"Other conversations with Australians include them thinking there are no fancy cars in Nigeria, that there is crime and a lot of theft, scams as usual , poverty is rampant etc.

"So, the reaction to Nigeria is not very positive.

"However, I should add that the Aboriginal and Torres strait Islander population have a more positive view. I have Indigeonous friends who want to visit Nigeria with me and ask about the food, music and culture."

http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2019/01/06/shocking-you-wont-believe-what-australians-are-taught-about-nigerians-and-computer-hard-drives/

My lecturers brought 419 letters to class (not for discourse analysis), talked about 419 often in several of our linguistics classes and how Nigerian men are not romantic.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by coconat(m): 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2019
[/b][b]u. deserve an award sir
plainol:
This is Nigeria!
'
A nation with a leader whose Identity is in question.
A nation with a leader whose age is in question.
A nation with a leader whose certificate is in question.
A nation with a leader whose competence is in question;.
A nation with a leader whose integrity is in question.
A nation with a leader whose patriotism is in question.
A nation with a leader whose followers' sanity is in question.
A nation with a leader whose love for humanity is in question
'
Welcome to Nigeria,
'
The home of most gullible and confused people on earth.
The home of people starving to death but chanting Sai Baba!
The home for the Poor and sickly myopic political followers
The home where anomalies are normal
The home where a Failed leader is seeking Re-election
The home where truth is hate-speech and lie is truth
The home where democracy is upturned and youths don't talk
The home with a leader with an open nature of Adolf Hitler.
'
Our home, where we have a leader,
'
Who stole NNPC's $2.8 billion (1977), $25billion (2018)
Who mismanaged $150 million PTF (1998)
Who has caused this nation brain-drain by his incompetence
Who believes that lawful expression is a treason
Who cannot tolerate criricism or opposition
Who has actively supported and encouraged terrorism
Who made our treasury experience rape and drain
Who is legendary for tribal and religious bigortry
Who insults Nigerians at will before foreign audiences
Who defies court order having no regard for Rule of Law
Who is anti-people...never signing bills good for masses.
'
You are welcome to a nation with a leader whose business in office is blame past government while having no competence to deliver on his own campaign promises. Sai, what a nation!.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by princfred(m): 5:48am On Jan 07, 2019
majekdom2:
I don’t support fraud or any of it but the reason why you see Nigeria is portrayed bad is because of their loudness. Instead of using the money to do better things back home they will rather buy properties abroad and show off. If you have followed Narcos keenly, you will see that Nigeria is child’s play when it comes to drug but see how Pablo was liked, he even dared contesting the presidency position. Are there no Mafias in Italy. Do they make noise? See the MMM guy, did lavish wedding, louded himself. Do you know if Marvodi the founder is still alive or dead?We are too loud, loud in everything. Even the ones practicing cultism are loud. They show theirselves everywhere, home and abroad. so what do you expect when you loud yourself, the media will “louder” you.
No be lie.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by TMKsouth: 6:31am On Jan 10, 2019
Edodefender:

The Russians aren't loud, obnoxious & braggadocious. Your cousins abroad are offensive breathing talking walking billboards. Should stop your worship of money.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by TMKsouth: 6:48am On Jan 10, 2019
ADRIAN88:

Spot on! If only they knew... South Africans, Brazillians, Russians, the UK, even Americans carry out more internet fraud than Nigerians on a global scale using this particular "Nigerian Prince' scam; we just happen to be the proverbial "Fall guys" of fraud sadly, Lol!

Don't involve SA. angry

South African IP address implicated bcoz your scamming brothers have based themselves in the country in their thousands.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by ADRIAN88(m): 7:10am On Jan 10, 2019
TMKsouth:

Don't involve SA. angry

South African IP address implicated bcoz your scamming brothers have based themselves in the country in their thousands.

Brother it's not me actually doing the involvement; It's verified statistics.

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by TMKsouth: 7:58am On Jan 10, 2019
ADRIAN88:

Brother it's not me actually doing the involvement; It's verified statistics.

Wikipedia! Really?? I hope u don't use them for your homework/business documents.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by ADRIAN88(m): 8:49am On Jan 10, 2019
TMKsouth:

Wikipedia! Really?? I hope u don't use them for your homework/business documents.

Matter of fact, I do my friend (amongst others), and I must admit they've been quite helpful to say the least. Lol!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada / Images That Perfectly Describe Living In Abuja!!!! / Primary School Pupils In Lagos Inside The Blue Line Train Today (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.