Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women (1370 Views)

Man Set To Marry Two Wives From Same Community In Abia State (Photo) / Four Brothers Marry The Same Day In Delta, 2 Marry Two Wives Each. Photos / Abiriba Man To Marry Two Ladies Same Day In Abia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by 2buffagain(m): 7:32am On Jan 06, 2019
It seems all is not well in Imo state.
The state's commissioner for Happiness begs men to marry more than one women from the state at a time in order to curb prostitution and redundancy among Imo women.

It would not be untoward to assume the current state of things could be as a result of the state's reputation of being one of the most expensive states in Nigeria to marry a woman. This does not bode well for the women from the state, as most young men of age are increasingly becoming uninterested in shelling out so much out-of-pocket just to marry, especially in the county's current economic climes.

Perhaps the current state of things will trigger a change in these expensive cultural practices.
But I doubt it. Champions of these retrogressive traditions hardly ever learn.
In fact, I expect them to swarm this thread any moment now.

source: http://www.informationng.com/2018/02/marry-two-or-more-wives-to-reduce-prostitution-imo-state-commissioner-for-happiness.html

Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by dingbang(m): 7:35am On Jan 06, 2019
Will she pay the bride price?
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by Shelumiel: 7:35am On Jan 06, 2019
Source please
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by 2buffagain(m): 7:37am On Jan 06, 2019
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by Chizuru01(m): 7:41am On Jan 06, 2019
APC is trying their best to make IMO State Kenya or Zimbabwe. ChukwuAbiama won't allow them
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by Baawaa(m): 7:41am On Jan 06, 2019
He is doing is job, ministerfor happiness indeed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by MichaelBukamzy(m): 7:43am On Jan 06, 2019
Hahahahahaha. only if the groom price is worth it. being with women these days is stressfull. but who told her that it would end prostitution?these days na married woman dey do am pas.
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by youngberry001(m): 7:43am On Jan 06, 2019
dingbang:
maybe nah free cheesy
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by mark1703official(m): 7:49am On Jan 06, 2019
hope your husband don marry another wife join you

#change begins with you

1 Like

Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by 2buffagain(m): 7:51am On Jan 06, 2019
MichaelBukamzy:
Hahahahahaha. only if the groom price is worth it. being with women these days is stressfull. but who told her that it would end prostitution?these days na married woman dey do am pas.

It might also end redundancy as well, as she put it.

All my Nigerian booty calls are igbo chicks right now. At least 2 of them are from Imo.
I won't be marrying any of them. I can't bring myself to be dragged to some igbo village in naija to pay so much to one opportunistic igbotic nigga to marry one woman that is no different from any other.
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by 2buffagain(m): 7:54am On Jan 06, 2019
dingbang:

Even if an igbo person is on fire,
He/she will still try to convince you to pay them money for the privilege of you helping them to put out their fire.

They are a hopeless lot. grin
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by dingbang(m): 7:56am On Jan 06, 2019
2buffagain:

Even if an igbo person is on fire,
He/she will still try to convince you to pay them money for the privilege of helping them to put out their fire.

They are a hopeless lot. grin
hey chill, i'm Igbo. Please apologize
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by MichaelBukamzy(m): 7:56am On Jan 06, 2019
2buffagain:

It might also end redundancy as well, as she put it.

All my Nigerian booty calls are igbo chicks right now. At least 2 of them are from Imo.
I won't be marrying any of them. I can't bring myself to be dragged to some igbo village in naija to pay so much to one opportunistic igbotic nigga to marry one woman that is no different from any other.
hahahahaha. mah nigga.lol at opportunistic. but seriously they aint worth it mahn. They are all farm tools.

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by 2buffagain(m): 7:57am On Jan 06, 2019
dingbang:
hey chill, i'm Igbo. Please apologize

Nope.
If you are an exception to this norm, then simply be it. You get no apology.
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 06, 2019
Hope they will empower the men financially
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by dingbang(m): 7:58am On Jan 06, 2019
2buffagain:

Nope.
If you are an exception to this norm, then simply be it. You get no apology.
you dont get to say all igbos are hopeless, thats wrong and you know it. Let's be civilized please.
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by 2buffagain(m): 8:02am On Jan 06, 2019
dingbang:
you dont get to say all igbos are hopeless, thats wrong and you know it. Let's be civilized please.

Yes, hopeless, because this situation as reported by this thread is as a result of igbotic greed when it comes to nuptial things.

You actually prove yourself to be a part of said hopelessness by refusing to even acknowledge said greed, which is the root issue behind this tribe's mentioned problem as per the title of this thread. Good Men would rush Imo babes, but igbotic greed won't let that happen.

Acceptance and acknowledgment is the beginning of solving every problem....something I hardly see any igbo person do or admit to...purely due to bias. Your bias won't help you solve your issue. When I meet an igbo person who admits to this general attitude of their tribe , they get my respect.

I did not insult you personally, so if you decide to feel a kind of way about me saying the truth about your tribe, then thats your own bro.
Facts is facts, as evidence of this thread.
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by gaby(m): 8:08am On Jan 06, 2019
Lol
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by Equal2DeTask(m): 8:08am On Jan 06, 2019
Baawaa:
He is doing is job, ministerfor happiness indeed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

She
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 06, 2019
so the commissioner is aware that the economy is bad. if be the case, they should reduce their bride price to the lowest
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 06, 2019
Ok
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:37am On Jan 06, 2019
Ok
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by Offpoint: 11:38am On Jan 06, 2019
One wife is enough burden, two is a suicide mission.
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by Blackfire(m): 11:38am On Jan 06, 2019
Minister of what ?.....

Faints
Re: Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Begs Men To Marry Two or More Imo Women by habsydiamond(m): 11:46am On Jan 06, 2019
My question is.... Na how many her husband marry.. because dem give her post na she come dey give advice wey no make sense...

(1) (Reply)

Woman Beats Her Friend Mercilessly For Sleeping With Her Husband (video). / Man Organized Surprise Party For Girlfriend, See What Happened. / Pretty Girl Dies On Her Birthday After Being Beaten By Boyfriend See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.