Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication (3708 Views)

CWO Mothers Dancing Zanku, Legwork, Shaku Shaku And Gbe Body / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Dances 'Shaku Shaku' At Sharon's White Wedding (video) / What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Using Padlock With Key Or Key For Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 06, 2019
The word SHAKU SHAKU was actually gotten from the word shackles, which means chains or hand/leg cuffs.

I've heard a lot of people say "any dance goes in God's presence" I just shake my head when I hear such because God is principled and will not take some things we do, he cannot adjust his standard for any reason. Sincerely, I was in the gang of the dance too, but always wondered it's origin. There was a time I read that DAB means Demonstrating Anti-Christ Bow, now it's "shakushaku" that you put your hands at d back like handcuffs, you bring it to the front like handcuffs,you take it to your ears again,you then do your head like someone with coccidiosis.
This dance defines all dimensions of slavery/
bondage .

Let us ask ourselves these questions
1. What is the efficacy of the dance?
2. What's the origin of the dance?
3./What was the inspiration behind the dance?

Fine, God's grace is sufficient for us but WISDOM IS APPLICABLE TO DIRECT and in all your getting GET WISDOM. A lot of Christians put themselves in some bondages they shouldn't be because they are imitating some rubbish.

God will keep protecting us o.

Study the picture below
# MuseumStudies

By Awo Ifatola

Source: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1036174149902925&id=100005310494736&set=a.378330102354003&refid=52&ref=opera_speed_dial&__tn__=EH-R

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2019
I just know that one day someone would write this... everything is now spiritual

Smh...

4 Likes

Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:15am On Jan 06, 2019
smh
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:16am On Jan 06, 2019
What about zanku
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by gaby(m): 9:19am On Jan 06, 2019
A tipper load of Bullcrap as expected...
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 06, 2019
shocked
Abegii! The op writer make sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by StormInc: 10:57am On Jan 06, 2019
OP do you want to tell me that you don't listen to Olamide or Slim Case songs?
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
StormInc:
OP do you want to tell me that you don't listen to Olamide or Slim Case songs?
Why should he/she? A Christian shouldn't listen to such music in the first place. Anybody that does that is not a Christian
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by JJOF(m): 1:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
So u xpect me 2 go n research d origin of any dance b4 i can dance it? Ok, i ve heard u, come n stop me 4rm shaku shakuing na, or dabbing. Mtchew.
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by farem: 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2019
Nmahgood:
I just know that one day someone would write this... everything is now spiritual

Smh...

Yes, everything is spiritual!
Even what you just wrote has been existing looooong ago!
It has only been waiting for through whom it must come, which is you!
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by StormInc: 2:45pm On Jan 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Why should he/she? A Christian shouldn't listen to such music in the first place. Anybody that does that is not a Christian

I have always said and continue to say that Christianity is baseless. It is impossible to live a "Holy Life" according to the Bible in this modern world.

If you claim you don't listen to those songs, fine. Now, what have you done to let people know that listening to those songs will send them to "Hell fire".
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by JJOF(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2019
StormInc:

I have always said and continue to say that Christianity is baseless. It is impossible to live a "Holy Life" according to the Bible in this modern world.

If you claim you don't listen to those songs, fine. Now, what have you done to let people know that listening to those songs will send them to "Hell fire".
Abeg who ever said listening 2 those songs would send u 2 hell?
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by StormInc: 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2019
JJOF:

Abeg who ever said listening 2 those songs would send u 2 hell?

Why won't it? No one has the liver to say it? How does the music of Burna Boy, WizKid, Davido give glory to God. Are they promoting the Gospel, or they are preaching Secularism and Vanity according to the Bible.

Shouldn't you as a Christian be concerned that Burna Boy's soul will go to hell if he doesn't repent. But no, you support them. You sing "Your bombom bigger than Bombay on Friday" and sing "I worship you Lord" on Sunday.

Why won't you go to Hell.

Just so you know, I am not a Christian because I know it is all Hogwash
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by JJOF(m): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2019
StormInc:

Why won't it? No one has the liver to say it? How does the music of Burna Boy, WizKid, Davido give glory to God. Are they promoting the Gospel, or they are preaching Secularism and Vanity according to the Bible.

Shouldn't you as a Christian be concerned that Burna Boy's soul will go to hell if he doesn't repent. But no, you support them. You sing "Your bombom bigger than Bombay on Friday" and sing "I worship you Lord" on Sunday.

Why won't you go to Hell.

Just so you know, I am not a Christian because I know it is all Hogwash
I'm not supporting dat xtians shld listen to such songs. The truth is dat those songs affect our spiritual growth. But i think it will b wrong 2 say it'll take sum1 to hell.
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by olumide81(m): 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
The man pictured is my descendant....... My shakushaku dance is in solidarity of him. Shikena
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by StormInc: 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
JJOF:

I'm not supporting dat xtians shld listen to such songs. The truth is dat those songs affect our spiritual growth. But i think it will b wrong 2 say it'll take sum1 to hell.

Answer this Question.

Can you make Heaven without Evangelism? When I mean Evangelism I don't mean coming out early morning to preach. I mean both living a holy life that pleases God and others can see and emulate.

Imagine if David Ibiyeomie posts a video of him singing along to WizKid's SOCO, we all know the whole world will crucify him and call him names.

Imagine if Oyedepo was spotted at Olamide Live in Concert, the whole world will crucify him.

What do I mean, the people who call themselves Christians know that these things are not right, but they do it because there is no much eyes on them. Take an ordinary person in church, make him a Pastor and you will see him playing only Gospel songs.

Christianity is Hypocritical
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by JJOF(m): 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2019
StormInc:

Answer this Question.

Can you make Heaven without Evangelism? When I mean Evangelism I don't mean coming out early morning to preach. I mean both living a holy life that pleases God and others can see and emulate.

Imagine if David Ibiyeomie posts a video of him singing along to WizKid's SOCO, we all know the whole world will crucify him and call him names.

Imagine if Oyedepo was spotted at Olamide Live in Concert, the whole world will crucify him.

What do I mean, the people who call themselves Christians know that these things are not right, but they do it because there is no much eyes on them. Take an ordinary person in church, make him a Pastor and you will see him playing only Gospel songs.

Christianity is Hypocritical
I think i get ur point. Instead of saying "xtianity is hypocritical", say "some xtians re hypocritical."
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2019
StormInc:

Christianity is a choice. You are not force to believe in their doctrines. Yes it is possible to live a holy life according to the scriptures in this modern world. The bible is there as a guide while the messengers of God are to tutor people about the scriptures. Having personal relationship with God makes it more easier for Christians because God is not far but closer than you think. Coming to preaching to many persons about wordiness, I have and still do till Jesus calls me home. It is sinful for a Christian to ever listen or play music that doesn't glorify God.
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2019
JJOF:

Such songs lead men to hell. Do you the power of music? Music pierces the soul and mind. It wakes your subconsciousness to a point that you would sing to the lyrics. The spirit of God doesn't dwell among brethren that sing such hence they wouldn't be accepted in heaven. The apostles of old were singing hymns of praise to exhalt Yahweh not dancing to songs that glorify Satan. The lord uses his word to judge. The question he ask his children in the judgement throne is "Did you follow what was written in Eph 5:12, Heb 2:12, Psalm 71:23, Psalm 105:2,Psalm 101: 1, Psalm 150:1-5
, Col 3:16?. These verses of the scriptures portray singing praises to him not shaku shaku
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by StormInc: 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Christianity is a choice. You are not force to believe in their doctrines. Yes it is possible to live a holy life according to the scriptures in this modern world. The bible is there as a guide while the messengers of God are to tutor people about the scriptures. Having personal relationship with God makes it more easier for Christians because God is not far but closer than you think. Coming to preaching to many persons about wordiness, I have and still do till Jesus calls me home. It is sinful for a Christian to ever listen or play music that doesn't glorify God.

Post a thread and tell people to stop listening to Timaya, Burna Boy, Patorankin and the rest a'dem
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
StormInc:

Post a thread and tell people to stop listening to Timaya, Burna Boy, Patorankin and the rest a'dem
You would see that soon.
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by UceeGod: 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
Weither it's spiritual or not, bottomline is it doesn’t glorify God in any way. Any of such dances shouldn't be allowed in the church. The rate at which the church is being influenced by the world is worrisome. The church should be influencing the world not the other way round.
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Godsfavour78: 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2019
Omo this one moz me especially the picture. See as d guy resemble olamide. grin

God forgive me for dancing shakushsku. Its ignorance. Omo as I see d pic I reason am say this guy really dey shaku shaku oh.
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by StormInc: 7:51pm On Jan 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

You would see that soon.

OK. Quote Me when you create it
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2019
StormInc:

OK. Quote Me when you create it
Noted
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by JJOF(m): 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2019
UceeGod:
Weither it's spiritual or not, bottomline is it doesn’t glorify God in any way. Any of such dances shouldn't be allowed in the church. The rate at which the church is being influenced by the world is worrisome. The church should be influencing the world not the other way round.
Pls sir, can u pls show us how to id dances dat glorify god?
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Zodiac61(m): 12:17am On Jan 07, 2019
Why don't you guys just get a life?
Everything is spiritual these day!!!
No wonder the country is in a mess!!!
Spiritual dance, spiritual warfare, spiritual music, spiritual everything.
Na wa oh ... man don tire for this God nonsense.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 19, 2019
JJOF:
Pls sir, can u pls show us how to id dances dat glorify god?
I tire
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by alphaNomega: 4:51pm On Jan 19, 2019
The first post on this thread convinces me that religion strongly supports sadistic behaviour.

Allow people to enjoy things!

It is a dance people do when they are happy. It does not harm anybody!

Bloody sadists!
Re: The Origin Of "Shaku Shaku" Dance - Spiritual Implication by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
Godsfavour78:
Omo this one moz me especially the picture. See as d guy resemble olamide. grin

God forgive me for dancing shakushsku. Its ignorance. Omo as I see d pic I reason am say this guy really dey shaku shaku oh.

grin

(1) (Reply)

Copulating Catholic Priest Johnpaul Chukwuma Okeke / Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum / Breaking News: Gov. El-rufai Bans Christians From Preaching In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.