Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth (31738 Views)

My Baby's Skin Problem Now A Story Of The Past / 100% Vegetative Result Oriented Ayush Premium Products / Woman Gives Birth To 'Strange' Baby In Aba, Abia State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Vincad: 11:34am On Jan 06, 2019
A woman said to have been in a vegetative state for at least a decade at a private health care facility in Phoenix, Ariz., reportedly gave birth recently, triggering a police investigation and reviews by state agencies in a situation that the state governor's office called "deeply troubling."'

Azfamily.com, a news website for television stations KPHO and KTVK, first reported late Thursday that, according to sources not identified by the website, a woman gave birth Dec. 29 living at a Hacienda HealthCare facility where the staff was unaware that she was pregnant.Two other Phoenix television stations later aired similar reports.

According to some reports, the woman was a victim of a near-drowning more than 10 years ago. Her identity hasn't been reported, and it's not known if she has family or a guardian.

Sources quoted in the reports said the woman was heard to be moaning and that the baby's head was starting to emerge when a nurse came in.

"None of the staff were aware that she was pregnant until she was pretty much giving birth," azfamily.com quoted a source familiar with the situation as saying. That person said the baby was said to be alive and healthy.

Following the azfamily.com report, Hacienda Health Care and state officials issued brief statements about the situation, expressing concern and describing reviews being conducted and steps being taken. But they did not specifically confirm the reported pregnancy and birth.

A Phoenix Police Department spokesperson, Sgt. Tommy Thompson, said only that the "the matter is under investigation." He declined to confirm whether the investigation involved a possible sex crime or elaborate on the circumstances that prompted the investigation.

Hacienda said in a statement it was co-operating with law enforcement and reviewing its security protocols after becoming aware of a "deeply disturbing incident and "an unprecedented matter."

"While federal and state privacy laws prohibit us from publicly discussing a patient's health or case, Hacienda has and will continue to co-operate fully with law enforcement and all the relevant regulatory agencies regarding this matter," Hacienda said in its statement.

Hacienda's website said it serves infants, children and young adults who are "medically fragile" or have developmental disabilities.

For those that protect rapists, "She should have dressed better, she was flirting so she was asking for it", what will you say about this one?

Source : CBC News

5 Likes

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Jayslicky: 11:46am On Jan 06, 2019
Hahaha...... ... Doctors don do kerewa tire for her body.

11 Likes

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by dominique(f): 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2019
Whoever got her pregnant must be a necrophile. Sick people full this world sha

But these oyinbo people are trying, how can you put someone on life support for 10 years and more? I doubt if the average Nigerian will have that kind of patience even if they have the funds and facilities at their disposal.

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by soberdrunk(m): 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
Some men don't have conscience!!! I refuse to end up in the same hellfire with some of these animals....... angry

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Racoon(m): 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
Only God Almighty can do this-Praise the Lord. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Tekecoms1(m): 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
Where else is that possible if not US.
NEXT...........................
Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2019
dominique:

But these oyinbo people are trying, how can you put someone on life support for 10 years and more? I doubt if the average Nigerian will have that kind of patience even if they have the funds and facilities at their disposal.
They value life over there.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2019
That's the more reason we have to send the lifeless Jihadist back to Daura/Sudan.. undecided undecided

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Lexusgs430: 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
Someone has a very weird fetish............ And who was/is paying to keep her alive privately?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Teaser4(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
Who fvck her....how she carry belle...make we ask amaechi cos i dey suspect buhari....

2 Likes

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
No pictures?

Adonbelivit undecided
Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Teaser4(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
Who fvck her....how she carry belle...make we ask amaechi cos i dey suspect buhari....
Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by ClearFlair: 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
dominique:

Well said, capitalist.
Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by bravehost4u(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
That last paragraph is disturbing

2 Likes

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Englov(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ah
Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by kunleweb: 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2019
dominique:

Artificial insemination for experimental purposes

6 Likes

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by oparindeDavid(m): 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ok

Are you a student , a graduate, or you are just someone looking for a constant source of income, then this will be an eye-opener for you.
Did you know that there are over 1Billion persons online as at the moment, imagine selling a product of just N1000 to just 1000 persons, that is a Million already, i will show you how you can achieve this with your Mobile phone or Laptop.
You won't regret this opportunity

Check my signature for more details
Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by 12345baba(m): 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2019
I blame amaechi for this

1 Like

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by kenny5811(m): 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2019
I blame buhari..... ;DI

1 Like

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by dingbang(m): 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2019
All these language wey dem dey speak, all I know is that the person who impregnated that woman should be fished out and arrested.

2 Likes

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by DesChyko: 2:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
Wow
What an unconscious sexual intercourse angry
Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
oparindeDavid:
Ok

Are you a student , a graduate, or you are just someone looking for a constant source of income, then this will be an eye-opener for you.
Did you know that there are over 1Billion persons online as at the moment, imagine selling a product of just N1000 to just 1000 persons, that is a Million already, i will show you how you can achieve this with your Mobile phone or Laptop.
You won't regret this opportunity

Check my signature for more details
Show ur relatives how to make the millions... Or don't u want them to be rich Do u hate them that much?? undecided undecided

26 Likes

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Neddyogu(m): 2:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
No pinshure, no videos? Habaa mana!
Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Gaddafiyusf(m): 2:13pm On Jan 06, 2019
skarlett:
No pictures?

Adonbelivit undecided

You need last rite

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Neddyogu(m): 2:13pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ano put am por pinshure, Ano put am por videos? Habaa mana! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by DWJOBScom(m): 2:15pm On Jan 06, 2019
This is sad sha
Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by chloride6: 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2019
Konji issa bastard !!

grin grin grin grin

Or is she another Mary?

For those that protect rapists, "She should have dressed better, she was flirting so she was asking for it", what will you say about this one?

Another indecent dresser who had it coming has reared his/her ugly head up again...

2 Likes

Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by jomoh: 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2019
Who give an belle
Re: Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2019
A vegetable gave birth? shocked

If a vegetable can be the President of Niger1a, anything is possible. tongue

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State / Aliyu Jauro: Owners Of Faulty Vehicles, Generators To Face Jail Term / Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.