Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me (8553 Views)

The Cry Of A Heartbroken Nigerian Husband In Houston whose wife cheated / She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by lonelygirl: 3:41am On Aug 10, 2010
I am in a situation that is probably familiar to most. I married for love but unfortunately the igbo man married for other reasons that are unknown. Now before anyone bashes me or makes insulting comments. I made a mistake and I am going to learn and grow from it. Moving forward I have discovered my husband has been chatting with lady from Gabon. Now she has to apply for Lottery every year and she hasn't gotten picked yet. Also my husband came in the country illegally and after talking to lawyers I cannot file for him without him leaving the country or getting the 10yr bar. Recently he flew her mother down for the weekend without my knowing. I am trying to figure out what are they planning to do since the lady cannot fly to the US? Has anyone experienced this? Also we have been seperated awhile and he keeps promising that he is using this Nigerian woman for something but yet he will not divorce me. And they talk about my son like its theirs and she told him to bring my son home. It doesn't seem like he is using her so I am stomped. And yes my next step is divorce to protect me and my son. But I really would like to be enlightened to what they are planning. Is there anyway for him to file behind my back and sponsor her Why fly the mother down?
Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by Tudor6(f): 7:20am On Aug 10, 2010
I really dont understand the story ib ur post. Couldnt you be more detailed?

6 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by Pweety4me(f): 8:02am On Aug 10, 2010
Hhm!

mods do ur job plse smiley
Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by Spyker: 11:01am On Aug 10, 2010
Your post is not clear but i think flying her mother down may be for medical reasons
Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by seyibrown(f): 12:10pm On Aug 10, 2010
What is he using this 'Nigerian woman' for that he cannot tell you? Why is he flying this woman's mother to the US without letting you know?  He is hiding something that he doesn't want you to know. He knows if you know what exactly he is up to, you might take steps to protect yourself which might not favour him! I don't think it is fair that he is holding on to you when he doesn't want you! [b]It looks like he plans to hold on to you for as long as it takes his new woman to win the visa lottery! He needs to come out clean, let you know what is happening so that you can both look at how his plans affect you and your son! If he won't come out clean, it probably is because you are likely to be the loser in this game he is playing! And don't let him lie to you![/b]

Discuss what has been happening with your lawyer and let him advise you what steps you need to take to protect youself and your son! Don't let him take your son out of the country until you've finalised your divorce.

2 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by lonelygirl: 3:09pm On Aug 10, 2010
I do apologize for not being clear. Basically I married a Nigerian that illegally came into the country. He got me pregnant we got married. I have discovered for the past 2 years he has been communicating with a Nigerian woman back in Gabon. She even calls my phone and harrasses me. Since he is taking care of her and her mother I do not know why. I am going to meet with a lawyer this week to see what I can do about this. He obviousy doesn't respect or love me. And the safety of my son and I could be in danger. I am trying to figure out why he will not divorce me when I cannot file for him. I feel humiliated but I have to lean on God, be smart, and get the heck out of this mess and marraige before I get involved in trouble. They are probably doing scams. I saw where she was trying to convince somebody to talk to his brother so they could get her money. I stuck around to see if God would move in this marraige but its time for me to move on. We have been seperated for a year so I am glad that happened because I feel more safe. If this is not clear than I do not know how else to express myself. I am just trying to figure out what benefit would he have staying married to me when I cannot file for him? And also why is he flying the mother down The lady is from Gabon and they only pick about 30 people each year from that area so the chances are very very slim she will get citizenship! Thanks for all the replies and God Bless!!

2 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by lonelygirl: 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2010
Also I would like to add I saw an email where he sent her a pic of our son. She then said this is our son. He did not stop her from talking bad about me. She told him to bring my son home to Nigeria and he said be ready to fight because I am not going to let him go that easy. It looks like he loves this woman and is honest with her. I have never seen an attachment this strong considering she is in a different country. Can a man love that hard from afar? He told me he is using her for something but I cannot even imagine what that could possibly be. It seems like he tells her everything that goes on here. She knows we are not living together because he told her. But he lies to me. I just needed to vent and I thank those for listening!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by mamagee3(f): 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2010
Unnecessary Cry for help.
Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by seyibrown(f): 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2010
Flying the lady's mom to the US makes me think he might have been married or betrothed to the woman before he came to the US. They might even have kids! If she is harassing you, she either thinks or is sure she is the main woman! Taking care of the woman and her mother means their is something really serious going on! If he is using the woman for something, is he also stringing the mother along? Very likely there is a bond he can't break. Be smart, don't let him take your kid out of the country!

8 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by lonelygirl: 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2010
Mama gee I am not sure what you mean by unecessary. I am sure your life is perfect and you haven't needed help for anything? You could've left that comment off the board. People go through trials and tribulations and for you to make snotty comments make it worst. Some of you people are insensitive and probably do not have blood flowing through your body.

5 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by chemali: 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2010
lonelygirl:

Mama gee I am not sure what you mean by unecessary. I am sure your life is perfect and you haven't needed help for anything? You could've left that comment off the board. People go through trials and tribulations and for you to make snotty comments make it worst. Some of you people are insensitive and probably do not have blood flowing through your body.

lonelygirl, just ignore mama-gee.

it is a common knowledge here that she is a roaming lunatic that thinks and reasons with her butt rather than her head.

ignore her completely.

7 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by favouredjb(f): 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2010
@lonely gurl,its so clear and glaring for all to see that ur man is in love with that oher woman nd dt he's a 419er.you are still still not clear on the nationality of the woman,u first said she's nigerian residn in gabon,and later said she's frm gabon.

3 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2010
May God have mercy on you mamagee

@Poster
Where was the mum before he flew her over?

Your story is still not quite clear, DID he come in illegally , got you pregnant, married you and then got his papers from there?

Did it ever occur to you that an illegal immigrant is a criminal and isnt someone you should trust your life and future with?

3 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by VPersie: 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2010
Unnecessary Cry for help.

@mama-gee

You are really incurably idiotic. You are definitely a slow-poke. If you know how your stupidity dey burn me for body. Idiot, Anohia. angry angry angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by lonelygirl: 5:32pm On Aug 13, 2010
favouredjb

why would you say its clearly that he loves the woman. You could've let your comment to yourself. We are not discussing whether he loves her or not we are discussing my situation and safety of me and my child? Your literacy seems to be challenged because your post is not clear english. Shame on you!
Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by lonelygirl: 5:36pm On Aug 13, 2010
Jenny

Thanks for the insight. I would not automatically consider someone who came over to the states illegally a criminal. If I came from a country with lack of opportunity I might do the same. My story should be very clear at this point if you read my previous posts. Came over to this country with no papers. We date, I got pregnant, we married, and he still does not have his citizenship. I cannot further clarify myself but it should be able to comprehend. Thats the puzzling part. I really need to know where the mum was at before he flew her down here. Her flight originated from Dallas. But she could've flown there and he could've just paid for her flight from there. The mother would not fly down here without a very very good reason. Until I figure it out I am keeping my son safe and filing my court documents. Thanks ladies for your input!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by Outstrip(f): 4:15am On Aug 18, 2010
Put a flag on your sons passport. Since you are already separated don't worry about what he is doing with the other woman. Plan your life for you and yoru son. Life is too short

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by isalegan2: 1:37am On Apr 27, 2013
jennykadry:
Did it ever occur to you that an illegal immigrant is a criminal and isnt someone you should trust your life and future with?

undecided

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by topsyking: 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
wow..this one dey use style advertise his product..
Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by mgbeketoto: 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
I wouldn't worry too much about the intrigues of others. . .ESPECIALLY IN MARRIAGE.
It appears you do not have a HUSBAND. . . but a 'BABY DADDY'!
Please, treat yourself as a BABY MOMMA ONLY. . . YOU HAVE NO CLAIMS TO THIS MAN IN QUESTION.
He is not a husband, but an OPPORTUNIST! kiss

3 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by Nobody: 4:58am On Aug 08, 2013
next time marry or date people from your race

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by deb501: 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
thank you for all your help

i've finally got the girl i love in my life again just how i wanted and shes never loved me like this before. i don't know what i would have done without your spell to help make that bond between us and i cant wait to spend my life with her.

if you want great results then you've found the right place. quick and effective results.

now whenever she needs someone to talk to or to look after her she comes to me and i ow it all to the temple because our love has never been stronger.

thank you so so much for everything orinokosolutiontemple1@gmail.com

http://orinokospelltemple.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/9163550-thank-you-my-life-has-never-been-better
Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by hope2sweet: 6:04am On Aug 23, 2014
i was married to my husband George Morgan, i love him so much we have been married for 5 years now with two kids. when he went for a vacation to Florida he meant a lady called Clara, he told me that he is no longer interested in the marriage any more. i was so confuse and seeking for help, i don't know what to do until I met my friend miss Mercy and told her about my problem. she told me not to worry about it that she had a similar problem before and introduce me to a man called Dr OLORI who cast a spell on her ex and bring him back to her after 3days. Miss Mercy ask me to contact drolorisolutionhome@gmail.com I contacted him to help me bring back my husband and he ask me not to worry about it that the gods of his fore-fathers will fight for me. He told me by three days he will re-unite me and my husband together. After three day my husband called and told me he is coming back to sought out things with me, I was surprise when I saw him and he started crying for forgiveness. Right now I am the happiest woman on earth for what this great spell caster did for me and my husband, you can contact him: drolorisolutionhome@gmail.com

Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by johnsonautio: 11:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
I have just found the right spell caster who has bring back my happiness by helping me get my ex back after 2years and i must thank my Dr. ukpoyan who has play a very vital part of my life making me a great person and the most happiest person today you are a great man who is bless by God with traditional healing spell caster, after Dr. ukpoyan has help me get my ex back he also help me recover what i have lost from me i must thank Dr. ukpoyan for the life he has restored back for me and my happiness. Now i am doing well in my work happily with my wife, Dr. ukpoyan is a very great spell caster you need to know just meet him and your problem will be over.. Email him via: dr.ukpoyanspellhome@gmail.com
Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by Agrika: 3:09am On Oct 06, 2014
Mtchew... na scammers thread sef
Re: My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me by SAMBARRY: 8:21am On Oct 06, 2014
mgbeketoto:
I wouldn't worry too much about the intrigues of others. . .ESPECIALLY IN MARRIAGE.
It appears you do not have a HUSBAND. . . but a 'BABY DADDY'!
Please, treat yourself as a BABY MOMMA ONLY. . . YOU HAVE NO CLAIMS TO THIS MAN IN QUESTION.
He is not a husband, but an OPPORTUNIST! kiss
gbam.you have nailed it. I was already wondering why you weren't here only for me to see your other moniker cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wife Leaving Husband Because He's 'too Good' / 30 Year Old Lady And Her 28 Year Old Younger Brother Sharing A bed / My Husband And Family Don't Like Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.