Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? (51425 Views)

10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics / List Of Art Courses You Can Study Without Literature In English / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by ABUPHARM(m): 9:57am On Jan 07, 2019
seunH:

Initially, I wanted to ignore your post but when I realized that you claimed to be a veterinary student, I had to pause and give a response in order for you not to mislead innocent people reading your post and assuming it to be correct and authentic because it is been posted by a vet student. For the sake of clarity, I'll itemize the issues one by one.
Firstly as a vet student you claimed to be, it is not fair to unjustly lambast a field you voluntarily chose to study thereby giving false impression to innocent people about the profession, my brother you never can know who is who that may be reading this post and may be influential (present/future), whose decision may be antagonistic to the profession simply based on your post he read "after all wetin vets dey do sef no be to treat dog".
Secondly, you claim its only dogs Nigerians treat and to be honest that made me doubt if trully you are a vet student because throughout my stay in vet school I hardly came across dog/cats except during practicals. If vets only treat dogs, why then do they study ruminant medicine and surgery, small animal medicine and surgery, swine medicine, avian pathology and medicine, wildlife medicine and even fish pathology and medicine, take note you must go for clinical postings for all the aforementioned, if these animals don't need treatment then what is the point studying the above or don't you know that cattles, pigs, sheep, horses, goat, poultry and even fishes fall sick and it is only a veterinarian that is licensed to treat them except you will acquire the services of a quack for a cheaper amount (of which I don't think a man with a poultry capacity of more than 1,000 birds would want to try it).
Thirdly you said "forget self employment" when you had not yet graduated, the implication is that whatever you know about self employment after vet school is hearsay and not from personal experience. Truth be told that even the worst antagonist of the veterinary profession would never say what you said because for God sake in 300 level you will be taught poultry production/pathology/medicine, swine production/pathology/medicine, ruminant (goat, sheep, cattle) production/pathology/medicine, fish production/pathology/medicine, even that of horses and camels. In addition to the above you must compulsorily go for postings both (internal and external) to facilities where the above animals are produced/reared and yet with all these knowledge you dare say "forget self employment" when with less than 50k you can start up a small poultry and with your veterinary knowledge can even make yours stand out !!!! habaaaa!!!! my brother!!!!
Finally I must admit that employment into civil service and private sector may not be easy which I believe is not perculiar to the veterinary profession alone, but I belief that with the knowledge an average veterinarian is exposed to, a veterinarian by the grace of God has no business with poverty except the person doesn't know what he or she is doing. Let me stop here. Thanks

If I had been this much enlightened, I wouldn't have wasted my precious time and years vying to get pharmacy as a course of study.
Back then in 2014, when I was admitted to study vet. med in UI, owing to the mis-information from ignorant folks about the course and different forms of stereotyping, I turned down the offer.
Later when I got admitted into pharmacy school and when I mingle with vet. students I finally get the actual picture of the course. Some moments in the past, I couldn't help to forgive myself not taking the admission.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by gentleibraheem(m): 10:12am On Jan 07, 2019
Sighs . . and fortunately nobody mentioned accounting
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 07, 2019
GeoOla25:
Geology:
geology is a very lucrative job but the problem is the opportunity to see coils to horn your skill. I am working on becoming a software developer but with time I will continue a master in geology to enable me create relevant software in the field.
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Emmafman1(m): 10:37am On Jan 07, 2019
dbos11:
Nairalanders please, what are those courses you won't even advice anyone to study in Nigeria?

For me i think it's Anatomy and Physiology because their works are being done by doctors already embarassed sad

Let's hear ur own view please and ur reasons

Please help us move this to frontpage, let's educate ourselves
Does this shit still exist?
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by keentola(m): 10:39am On Jan 07, 2019
psychology
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Abcruz(m): 10:48am On Jan 07, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
why your useless kama hasn't caught up with your useless politicians destroying this nation?

Hear the word of the Sovereign LORD o simple one:

Wealth obtained by fraud will dwindle, but whoever earns it through labor will multiply it.--proverbs 13:11

Desist from belonging to the generation of men that sees betrayal as cleverness, feeding on the agony of their own kind, and rejoicing at the expense of their own soul.
Trading their destiny for vanity and their eternity for Benz.
Look!

There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.--proverbs 14:12

For God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad.--ecclesiastics 12:14

Accept Jesus with your whole heart and soul, and Incline your ears to the reproves of life for your own good and for the good of the children after you.!!!"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Abcruz(m): 10:57am On Jan 07, 2019
osazsky:
Bet9ja cuz it pays alot,got 110k today without stress, just study ur over2.5 and thank me later, I have said my own o

Hear the word of the Sovereign LORD O simple one:

Wealth from get-rich-quick schemes quickly disappears; But the one who gathers by labor increases it over time.--proverbs 13:11

Greedy people try to get rich quick but don't realize they're heading to poverty.--proverbs 28:22

Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you.--Job 22:21

The ear that listens to the reproves of life abides among the wise!!!
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by JJOF(m): 11:05am On Jan 07, 2019
Orestino:
Let me pitch my tent here and sip kunu

I'm an electrical/electronics engineering student though and my course is arguably one of the best anywhere in the world including Nigeria
I hope ur certificate earn u gud money. Last last na papa adamu workshop u go go learn work. Elect engineer wey no fit fix extension na elect engineer?
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by 3thelicioux(f): 11:11am On Jan 07, 2019
Deicide:
Computer Science
Please give your reason

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by JJOF(m): 11:13am On Jan 07, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
If you have your way.... Just travel abroad....
You re very shallow minded i swear.
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by DanDeeBoss(m): 11:18am On Jan 07, 2019
JJOF:

You re very shallow minded i swear.
OK....
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by JJOF(m): 11:21am On Jan 07, 2019
Mubarak05:
Pls why? cos am studying biochemistry nw 300lvl
How can some1 b in his penultimate year in skol, n stil dnt knw if his course is lucrative or not? I'm very sure u dnt evn yet ve any plan 4 urself afta graduation. Nigeria educational system is a waste.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by DaddyBen009: 11:37am On Jan 07, 2019
Irenemmeso:
beggie beggie
At all at all na winch
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by stillondmatter: 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2019
Denikayan:

Nigeria is finished!

Even a scammer is now proud of publicly declaring his ill gotten wealth.

You will understand in later stages of life when the tears, agony and pains you have caused people faraway, will be back for you

Karma is a bitch, It will rape you.
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by tzoracle: 1:04pm On Jan 07, 2019
ufondunenye:

Don't mind him, he doesn't know that biotechnology is the koko now, and it's related to the course I applied for my masters this year.

wink
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 07, 2019
religion, history, fishery/forestry and wildlife
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Vincad: 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2019
BaronBright:

Mtcheewww.. you know the worst part? Not only am I studying Biochemistry, I am now doing it in a low-grade school. Imo state University. Am just tired. I am in my final year now. People say I am still young(20), and I can resit for jamb and do medicine at once. As e de be now, that is the best way out o. Coz even in my school, it takes them like 3 to 5 years to clear students for NYSC and then another wahala again waiting for NYSC. I have put two and two together. I'll take my chances in the med school. Make im be as e go be.

I also studied biochemistry in Imo Stress University, graduated 2016, went for service 2018. Is Agomuo still the HOD? That man no like our set at all.
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Olumyyde(m): 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
Alright, calm down. grin
Ok na, I don relax. Lol. cheesy
Dudeweedlmao:
Alright, calm down. grin
Ok na, I don relax. Lol.
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
Do what you love.

Until you find what you love you haven't found your purpose in life yet. As for me I rather live a happy life doing something I enjoy and love than doing something I feel indifferent about just because it pays. Success isn't defined by money.
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Mubarak05(m): 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2019
JJOF:

How can some1 b in his penultimate year in skol, n stil dnt knw if his course is lucrative or not? I'm very sure u dnt evn yet ve any plan 4 urself afta graduation. Nigeria educational system is a waste.
Mr man...Type with sense, I'm only asking because I want him to shed more light on what he Said, so don't come here typing gibberish..

Thank you
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Kayceenaz(m): 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2019
1234IKECHhukwu:
Psychology & Philosophy.
I beg to differ. May we know why?
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by oyetpel(m): 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2019
amaniro:
Political science because you don't need it to be a political activist or a politician.

I think political science is about analyzing politics, surveying politics and sharing your views... You can even write history, biography or autobiographies of politicians or past and present governments.

The course is not about becoming a politician.

PS: I am a science student

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Okpueze1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
cutesmilez:
Lol. Baba where u get dis assertion from? No mislead people abeg bro. That's not true
I am not misleading anybody. Go and check if you can do Masters in Psychology with your first degree in Philosophy in Nigeria.
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Jman06(m): 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2019
ABUPHARM:

If I had been this much enlightened, I wouldn't have wasted my precious time and years vying to get pharmacy as a course of study.
Back then in 2014, when I was admitted to study vet. med in UI, owing to the mis-information from ignorant folks about the course and different forms of stereotyping, I turned down the offer.
Later when I got admitted into pharmacy school and when I mingle with vet. students I finally get the actual picture of the course. Some moments in the past, I couldn't help to forgive myself not taking the admission.
The pasture is always greener on the other side! You wouldn't appreciate your pharmacy now until you step into the shoes of vet doctors! You are making your judgment based on your encounter with vet students in school forgetting that most students always try to put up the impression that they are studying the best course while in school. Reality always hit them in the labor market though. Meanwhile, as I type this my friend who is a vet doctor is in Enugu hustling on feet for a Pharmacist in his distribution company.

Some people would have everything they need but won't know how to use them. That is life for you.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by amaniro: 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2019
oyetpel:

I think political science is about analyzing politics, surveying politics and sharing your views... You can even write history, biography or autobiographies of politicians or past and present governments.

The course is not about becoming a politician.

PS: I am a science student

PS I'm an art student and I tell you people don't regard the course ;because why? you can't sit down "analyzing " politics while politicians are there making money, it feckless and absurd. Its just lowkey Government.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by LegalOpinion: 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2019
Onlinealaba:

I don't know what drew my attention to this thread maybe cos of the alaba market, but sir I will like to clear your view on 'uneducated trader' .. It still baffles me that some 'educated' people still doesn't know the meaning of education.. Going or passing through a higher institution is not the meaning of education, education is acquiring and gaining knowledge, a young boy from the village comes to learn a particular trade and during his course of apprenticeship he acquires more knowledge and skills in the particular trade which when he becomes a boss of his own he apply the knowledge gain over the years to his business and in no time he grows and become multinational. Come to Alaba market today and see young boys(uneducated traders) raking in millions. Am a trader and educated cheesy

There is a great difference and such distinctions are spotted in so many ways viz;

How you begin to see things.
Social intelligence.
Situational intelligence.
Conduct
Articulation.

I see how constructive you are in your response herein and it's obvious you are educated.

The "uneducated main market trader" will never respond this way.

Yes you can get education outside the four walls but my brother, nothing compares to formal education.

Mark Zukerberg dropped out of school to start Facebook and he went back to school when he was ALREADY A MILLIONAIRE.

Dangot was already a successful businessman when he went back to school.

George weah was already a millionaire and after contesting elections without success, he was advised to go back to school if he must become president of Liberia.

Obasanjo was already a millionaire when he went back to school.

Education is not a guarantee for success but without adequate formal education, your chances are not the same with your educated peers.

Check the former super eagles players who went to school and compare their recognition and opportunities with their uneducated colleagues.

Look at Jay Jay Okocha and Kanu Nwankwo, as influential as they were with all their achievements in Africa and world football, FIFA has not seen any need to appoint them.

But look at the ones that went to school before or after their playing days, they are all meaningfully engaged.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Philson1(m): 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2019
smeag0l:
Maybe just less than 1% of the lot. The average salary of a lawyer that just started practice is about 50k. That of engineers is almost twice while that of doctors is about 75k

you lie.
no doctor who knows his beans will settle for 75K bro. get your facts right
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by felixmuyiwa: 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2019
Oyo State CBT centres

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by frozen70(f): 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2019
holuwamosey:
hmmmm nice but aw cme does people from d east who did nt study bussiness admin tends t do well dan does dat studied bussiness admin. Education is purely scam in our nigeria of today

You need to see where a non graduate and a graduate business man reasoning and arguing

One is arguing in a reasonable way
While the other is arguing senselessly

Besides that igbo's are business oriented
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Officute(f): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2019
dbos11:
Nairalanders please, what are those courses you won't even advice anyone to study in Nigeria?

For me i think it's Anatomy and Physiology because their works are being done by doctors already embarassed sad

Let's hear ur own view please and ur reasons

Please help us move this to frontpage, let's educate ourselves
my dear u are right I don't have an idea what to do with my physiology certificate
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by BaronBright: 11:09pm On Jan 07, 2019
Vincad:

I also studied biochemistry in Imo Stress University, graduated 2016, went for service 2018. Is Agomuo still the HOD? That man no like our set at all.

Agomuo, he's even getting worse as time goes on. That man na better devil. All he just wants is to siphon BCM funds, just for only himself. The students can go to hell for all he cares. Am really tired o.
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by smeag0l(m): 6:10am On Jan 08, 2019
Then the doctor had better build his or her own hospital or be ready to work in 2-3 hospitals(stressful) at once. My point is that , although se doctors earn above that, majority of doctors in Nigeria earn between 75k to 100k for a start.
Philson1:

you lie.
no doctor who knows his beans will settle for 75K bro. get your facts right

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University / Ambrose Alli University In Pictures / When You Are The First Graduate In Your Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.