Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,526 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) (27349 Views)

Ebele Iyiegbu Launches Handbag Collection In Abuja Amidst Fanfare (Pictures) / Iyiegbu Obi Cubana's Compound, House In Anambra - PHOTOS / Copyright Case: Davies Iyiegbu Secures Victory In Court Against Globacom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by enemyofprogress: 9:19pm On Jan 06, 2019
Na wa

God wil not give Buhari power to ring dis election
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by TEYA: 9:54pm On Jan 06, 2019
Denikayan:
Case lost already

Did he have a patent on it? Any law binding document binding his invention.

If No, He should not waste money

He can never win.

A 3RD class law student will win case for Adenuga
Read it again, NCC gave him the rights to the intellectual property
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by IbrahimDamola: 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2019
SalamRushdie:

didn't you read it was written he had a valid copyright with the NCC.... Why are you Buharist so unhappy to see people try to prosper ...

They are cursed sadistic hungry zombies, if you earn more than the 30k they earn as hungry youths, you are their enemy. I spit on their zombie skulls. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by GoodMuyis(m): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2019
bestman09:
I pray he wins the case but this is Nigeria

Taken

Presently, I have a portable model of wooden-cloth Wardrop but have refused to give the sample to a furniture to make, because I wanted to make a business out of it
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by GoodMuyis(m): 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2019
SalamRushdie:

didn't you read it was written he had a valid copyright with the NCC.... Why are you Buharis so unhappy to see people try to prosper ...
taken
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by greatman247(m): 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Sue their ass. Useless network. Na dem do advert pass, na their data worst pass

LOL. You are so right. Glo and 9mobile are the most useless network. Even their brand ambassadors don't use their network.
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by SpaceAngel: 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2019
Suing globacom? They will not appear in court. The guy most likely does not understand how things work over there. Wish him luck too. undecidedT
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by SalamRushdie: 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
GoodMuyis:

Poor you, grin grin grin grin
NCC doesn't offer Patent Certificate

you don't need a patent for this but just a copyright to protect his idea he gives to 3rd parties and the Nigerian Copyright commission provided that to him ... I have copyrights and 3 patents so I know what I am saying ..
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by ehinmowo: 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2019
propsvila:
If you are a startup Entrepreneurs before you pitch your idea to any investor make sure you have secured the patent right and Copy right. Some investors are thieves looking for an idea or intellectual work to steal.

Can you give a breakdown on how to go about this? Someone told me that one cannot patent an idea, is it true?

1 Like

Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by RCDIY(m): 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2019
Denikayan:
Case lost already

Did you read the post at all?
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by davidadenrele: 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2019
Well copyright infrigment in Nigeria depends on how intelligent the copyright owner was able to register is business idea, be it music content business idea content or film content if you have a business idea that you want to sell to a gaint coy like globalcom ensure you have all the content of the idea duely and intelligent register in the law court, backed up with Nigeria copyright commission in this way, you can lay claim to the patent and right of your idea and blue print, to be honest from a technical point of view the chances of winning this case is very.....very slim however from a legal point there would be a compensation, based on tbe ground that negotiation with Glo was on going and there was a record of video showing there were presentation about the idea in progress with negotiation this should be a lesson to aspinring young talented Nigerians with brilliant ideas, to get a lawyer read and understand about copyright laws register your blue print and right to patent of idea in reputable law court this will give a good edge over any person infriging on copyright freedom failure to do this is just a waste of time and effort suing your respondent.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by nastyesco(m): 11:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
Denikayan:
Case lost already

He can never win.

No disrespect but Ur ignorance even in the face of evidence is mindblowing, them suppose donate ur brain for research for Medical institute as you refuse to use am
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by donqx: 1:21am On Jan 07, 2019
smiley
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by Ajaka01: 1:21am On Jan 07, 2019
this 1 is true. m fully cognizant of dis case, I Neva knew it will come to limelight. The young man behind dis is an intelligent young man. I know why I said so, he intelligently waited for d right time to publicize dis case. The young man is doing well in the field of IT. He is also an ambassador of Torley wine. I thought he gave up on d case. We shall c aw everything will turn out to be. All d best bro, may God c u tru as you fite for ur right.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by pek(m): 5:10am On Jan 07, 2019
This is a no case. I don't see any copy right infringement here. Glo has sole ownership of their cards. They can brand it anyhow they deem fit or place ads on it.
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by StevenOba: 6:27am On Jan 07, 2019
Ok
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by Shezkid: 6:54am On Jan 07, 2019
nastyesco:

No disrespect but Ur ignorance even in the face of evidence is mindblowing, them suppose donate ur brain for research for Medical institute as you refuse to use am

It would even be better if yahoo boys use it for rituals
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by faheez(m): 8:47am On Jan 07, 2019
Denikayan:
Case lost already

He can never win.

shut up, and you think a SAN would be defending him if it's that easy to lose the case?
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by Xisnin(m): 9:20am On Jan 07, 2019
GavelSlam:
Looks like an open and shut case to me, but the law is not always as it seems to be.
There is more to this story.
I don't think ideas can be copyrighted.
He didn't invent anything.
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by Laeroy(f): 10:21am On Jan 07, 2019
Denikayan:
Case lost already

He can never win.

Hello goodmorning..... Please I need legal advice on an issue.....Can we talk please?
Re: Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) by shyman(m): 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2019
SpaceAngel:
Suing globacom? They will not appear in court. The guy most likely does not understand how things work over there. Wish him luck too. undecidedT

As expected, they didn't show up earlier and got fined
afterwhich they honored other invitations

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dele Momodu And Femi Otedola Pose By Otedola's Yacht (Photo) / Restaurateur Cries Out After Being Confronted With Bills Worth Millions By FIRS / How To Borrow Money From Access Bank - Salary/non Salary Earners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.