Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? (22675 Views)

What Is The Dumbest Thing You Believed As A Child / The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by finalboss(m): 2:08am On Jan 10, 2019
Mariangeles:
The Dog-dey-see-spirit part na true o! shocked
hello, can you prove this ?
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Teaser0904(f): 2:09am On Jan 10, 2019
Nobody fit scam me,am a wise child till date. grin
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by finalboss(m): 2:14am On Jan 10, 2019
uuzba:

Are you just looking for attention? So what is your hope in life? Who made you? How did this whole universe appear? Have you gone through all the records of the world written and unwritten? Do you think things just appear like that? Who made oxigen? What is atom? Who made it?

Find answers to these questions before you ever die. Because you must surely die one day just as everybody dies and you will remain alive and face whatever part of eternity you gained for yourself.

Jesus is the person who created human beings and gave you your free will to think and behave as you like.
He came from heaven to earth to tell you that actions have consequences. To love each other and love God. He worked miracles to show that he is not any ordinary human being and he rose from the dead because he is the master of life and existence. Death has no power over him.
death has no power over him but he was killed abi. Okay jesus also made atom and oxygen or wtf you talking bou

5 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by finalboss(m): 2:21am On Jan 10, 2019
@uuzba. little one, can you prove all the things you typed logically ?. You should be able to diff btw jesus and your imaginary God. Please reply me with facts only. Can you Even define death ? Jesus created human beings ? You must be high on weed. I hate long notes if you can't reply me with proofs. Just walk away. What do you even know about the universe ? Bemused theist

5 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Ekaka1(m): 2:22am On Jan 10, 2019
mohince:
Dat if lizard see my teeth, it wont grow again
Also dat if you burn red-neck lizard head and sprinkle it on your crush urine...e don be for una be dat....you even fit .. grin embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by uuzba(m): 2:34am On Jan 10, 2019
finalboss:
@uuzba. little one, can you prove all the things you typed logically ?. You should be able to diff btw jesus and your imaginary God. Please reply me with facts only. Can you Even define death ? Jesus created human beings ? You must be high on weed. I hate long notes if you can't reply me with proofs. Just walk away. What do you even know about the universe ? Bemused theist

I've given you the attention you sought
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by AnanseK(m): 2:37am On Jan 10, 2019
ExAngel007:
if a man touches me I get pregnant

Still true

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by odogwunaija(m): 2:42am On Jan 10, 2019
I once believed that if u eat rice after eating mango u'll die

2 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by kenny160: 2:47am On Jan 10, 2019
Eaten too much of beans will grow on ur head

2 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by finalboss(m): 2:51am On Jan 10, 2019
uuzba:

I've given you the attention you sought
i understand you little one. Walk away

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by patomberekpe(m): 2:59am On Jan 10, 2019
that Jeruselem, Is in Heaven grin
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by madjune(m): 2:59am On Jan 10, 2019
I believed that the sardines inside the red Titus pack were actually alive that i always told my Mom to lock up the kitchen cupboard lest they escape.

2 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by AreaFada2: 3:13am On Jan 10, 2019
ExAngel007:

My dear, it still depends on where, with what and how he touches you o. That is not totally wrong.

Parents were just "coding" with the word "touch". grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Burgerlomo: 3:19am On Jan 10, 2019
Me dey believe that people used to come through the tv antenna cable down to the tv grin

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by trumpcoat(m): 3:20am On Jan 10, 2019
Eating head of fish make you dull
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by lilian789: 3:28am On Jan 10, 2019
Onnasucs1:
That goats grow into Sheep/Ram then sheep/Ram finally grow into Cows
jezz, you must be really notty when u were small!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by fyneboi79(m): 3:28am On Jan 10, 2019
Existence of heaven and hell.

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by AreaFada2: 3:34am On Jan 10, 2019
plaetton:

LOL.
My own was even worse.

I believed that the stories of Jesus, the miracles, crucifixion, the resurrection and ascension, as well as other biblical stories were occurring or had recently occurred in the my neighboring villages.

I was in shock when I finally discovered that they were 2000-3000 yr old fairy tales from very very distant lands not even in our continent.

I wept. cry cry

I wept that my people had been conned.
grin grin

If the stories really happened or not only God knows for sure 100%.

But my question is: if the story was that 2000 years ago, one 15 years old Calabar or Ibadan girl got pregnant without having sex AND gave birth to a messiah, would Africans believe it? How likely is it that Europeans (who claim to only believe in science) and others will believe that story?
From the prevailing world religions today, why did none originate from Africa?

Is it that, like all the good ideas & resources we have had in Africa, we just refused to package our traditional religion attractively to interest others without African ancestry abroad?

Take for example, many Hollywood stars are now Buddhists or practice some Eastern religion. People across the world now eat "sushi" (raw fish Japanese food). Ethiopia has an old cuisine of raw meat. But it never caught on or interest other people.

Las las if you package your ideas, philosophy, beliefs & way of life attractively, persist & persevere with it, soon enough others will sit up and notice you with respect.

The Queen of England has visited Hindu temples, covering her hair & removing her shoes. Hindus of India have more gods than Africa as a whole. Offering food to them in shrines like a babalawo or dibia would do. But nobody dare call Hindus pagans today.

That is reality. Call your fine clothe a rag and others will help you to use it wipe the floor like a rag.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by olyrayy(m): 4:12am On Jan 10, 2019
Davash222:
I once believed that Education is the key!!!

Bro, education is still the key, it's school that isn't the key. Education is life long, you should consciously take steps to learn, even after leaving school. Imagine how hard life would be for you if you weren't literate.

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by olyrayy(m): 4:13am On Jan 10, 2019
AreaFada2:

But my question is: if the story was that 2000 years ago, one 15 years old Calabar or Ibadan girl got pregnant without having sex AND gave birth to a messiah, would Africans believe it? How likely is it that Europeans (who claim to only believe in science) and others will believe that story?

Is it that, like all the good ideas & resources we have had in Africa, we just refused to package our traditional religion attractively to interest others without African ancestry abroad?

Take for example, many Hollywood stars are now Buddhists or practice some Eastern religion. People across the world now eat "sushi" (raw fish Japanese food). Ethiopia has an old cuisine of raw meat. But it never caught on or interest other people.

Las las if you package your ideas, philosophy, beliefs & way of life attractively, persist & persevere with it, soon enough others will sit up and notice you with respect.

The Queen of England has visited Hindu temples, covering her hair & removing her shoes. Hindus of India have more gods than Africa as a whole. Offering food to them in shrines like a babalawo or dibia would do. But nobody dare call Hindus pagans today.

That is reality. Call your fine clothe a rag and others will help you to use it wipe the floor like a rag.

Bro, you too get sense.
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by omargre(m): 4:17am On Jan 10, 2019
that mothers eat alot of food to give birth
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Nobody: 4:19am On Jan 10, 2019
If you write someone's name and burn it with fire, the person will die.

I wrote the name of my bully called Oliver one holiday. I came to school the next day expecting not to see him. Oh, he came to school alright and still beat my a$$ as usual.

5 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by shege45: 4:19am On Jan 10, 2019
Cana and undertaker were brothers
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Biodun556(m): 4:36am On Jan 10, 2019
unity004:
grin i remember back then our uncle make us believe that fish fall down from the sky with rain water. when is raining, we will jump out into the rain searching for fish. lol

Fish actually fell from sky during rain in Thailand. Google it or watch on youtube.

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Biodun556(m): 4:39am On Jan 10, 2019
That World will come to an end in 1995. It was so serious that year.
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by ozonechrome: 4:46am On Jan 10, 2019
SUPERPACK:
if you swallow orange or udara seed it will grow on your head.
Believing that India defeated Nigeria 99-1 and Sam okparaji died after scoring the only goal for nigeria

This is a lie I still believed the Sam story until now.
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Jaysas1(m): 4:51am On Jan 10, 2019
Wen I will gently close d freezer just to see when d light goes off...

2 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by fascowilly(m): 4:56am On Jan 10, 2019
ExAngel007:

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Princepri(m): 5:21am On Jan 10, 2019
AreaFada2:

Africa: Egypt and Ethiopia were well recorded in the bible. in fact the garden of eden was recorded in the bible as Cush (Ethopia). Egypt was world power. See most of those countries ended up changing their names. Everything in the bible is real, and there are proves. The bible was wrritten by most prophets in Isreal because they were God's Chosen people and from them the gospel will spread. so the bible revoted around them

2 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by uuzba(m): 5:24am On Jan 10, 2019
finalboss:
i understand you little one. Walk away
I gave my little attention because you said you learnt something in Catechism.
Cathechism implies that you are a CatholIc. But for whateveer reason, you relaxed in your faith, or maybe allowed some Pentecostal church to swoop you off your feet, preach nonsense to you and now you are in a state of annoyance and trying not to believe in God. You already know about the Trinity.
The Catholic church contains the full store of faith. This is what I have explained to you without quoting Bible verses. All I said however is in the Bible. Every line. I just said it in a reasoned out way hoping for you to pick the reasoning as well. Other denominations just quote verses of scripture without being able to reason anything. I don't ever try to preach to them because they didn't write the bible, but just qutote verses to suit their selfish needs (Tithe money for Pastor's jet)never reasoning out anything.
If you are the 1 sheep that missed it's road, Jesus will leave the remaining 99 sheep he already has and look for you. He does not mind. Maybe I assisted him, maybe not. You have your free will.
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Nobody: 5:25am On Jan 10, 2019
Go to school, when you graduate and get a job you will be very rich. Tunder fire all the people who told me that.

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Babaken(m): 5:36am On Jan 10, 2019
I once believe that if you kill wall gecko inside the room the whole building will fall.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Funny Questions Younger Children Ask: Share Yours. / Do Women Still Bear Their Husbands' Names After A Divorce? / After Being Single For Soo Long, Im Now Scared Of Getting Married. Please Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.