Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,950 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Set Smart Writing Goals With The Following Tips - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Set Smart Writing Goals With The Following Tips (331 Views)

5 Ways To Achieve Your Writing Goals In 2022 / Smart Writing Virtual Assistant Wanted / Life Goals Are Problematic — except This One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Set Smart Writing Goals With The Following Tips by storypoet(m): 12:28am On Jan 07, 2019
At the beginning of each year, businesses and private individuals make resolutions or set goals for the year. As a writer, you are in a serious business. So I expect you to set smart writing goals for the year.

If you are want to be a professional writer and you really want to set smart writing goals, I expect that your overall goal will reflect the following activities.

Write Everyday
Read Everyday (materials in your field)
Rehearse
Publish a book
Qualities of a Great writing Goal

Specific:
Your writing goal should be something you see and understand at a glance. Your goal should not be something like: I want to write well. I want to write many things.

That is a bad goal. make your goals to be specific like: I will write 2 novels this year. You can go further to write the titles of the novels you want to write and a short description of the story line.

Attainable
Your goal should be something you can do. If your goal is too big that you cannot attain it, it is not a goal. Don’t say, I will write and publish one hundred books this year.

Mesurable
Make sure that your goal shows a clear difference between when it is met and when it is not met. It will help you know the progress recorded on your goal attainment.

Time-Bound
Every smart writing goal is time-bound. that is, it is your goal must be linked to a specific time when you expect to achieve them. It is a great thing to say, I will write and publish one novel this year. It is another great thing to say, I Will start writing from January. I expect to finish writing by June. I will edit and Publish in the second half of the year.

Similarly, you can break down the goal to smaller sizes.

Relevant
I believe this is the main thing. If you want to set smart writing goals, your goals must center on writing. D’ont set goals outside writing when you are actually a writer. You are a writer but you are setting goals on how to buy paint brush. Are you a painter? What are we going to call that?

After you have set smart writing goals, please make sure that you do the following:

Write regularly
Read related materials in your field. Every writer is a researcher.
Make sure that at the end of a given period you will have something great to show.
You have known how to set smart writing goals now. okay. I hope you also know how to generate a good story to write. Click here to get a good story and start writing.

Published on
https://storypoet.com/2019/01/02/set-smart-writing-goals/

Visit www.storypoet.com to read more.

(1) (Reply)

Strength / 217j / Woman!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.