Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State (39591 Views)

Robot Customer Care Staff Spotted In A VI Bank (pic/video) / New York - Shoe-shiner Makes $900 A Day / Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Gombe Over Buhari's Rejection Of Peace Corps Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by LegendVibes: 3:52am On Jan 07, 2019
A Nigerian Facebook user, George Onmonya is concerned about the growing number of child labourers in Gombe State.

He shared a photo of one of the children supplied by a certain 'Doctor Bile Nuhu' from Gombe, adding that the children are mostly from neighbouring states.

Read his post below;

"Sometime last year I went to Gombe with Remi Adebayo and Joshua Matthew to track down Governor Dankwanbo for an interview. The one thing I noticed in Gombe was the influx of children shoe shiners like this one.

I called several of them to ask them where they were from and they said they were from Katsina, Sokoto, Kebbi, some from as far as Niger Republic and many just knew their village names and don’t know the states they are from.

I am sure they are still everywhere all over Gombe town, children, like this photo supplied by Doctor Bile Nuhu , carrying shoe shining box, roaming around the streets. Is this not child labor? I added this to the question I would ask Governor Dankwanbo anytime I see him. Is Gombe now the dumping ground of Almajiri or center for child labor? Allah ya kiyaye.

Even Chika Francis of AIT can testify I was in Gombe this period."

http://igberetvnews.com/515173/see-viral-photo-of-a-child-shoe-shiner-spotted-in-gombe-state/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by onez: 4:12am On Jan 07, 2019
The Failure called Buhari is a curse upon the North. His policies has pushed a lot of youths to drugs and radicalism with untold consequence. Banditry is flourishing in the North west. The North East has already been overrun by Boko Haram while the North Central is under siege by Herdsmen.

139 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by crownwealth: 4:51am On Jan 07, 2019
If the failure called president is allowed to continue beyond May 2019..., I fear for the future of Nigeria.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by ceejayMAX(m): 4:52am On Jan 07, 2019
Op nor be only gombe o,just like mtn everywhere u go.anyway I will still blame buhari.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by Adebowale89(m): 4:59am On Jan 07, 2019
Gombe PDP state?

thought dakwambo is trying on that side

3 Likes

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by pyyxxaro: 5:23am On Jan 07, 2019
This country is hard sad

6 Likes

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by ImperialYoruba: 5:27am On Jan 07, 2019
He has put down the bowl, no longer begging to eat. He will labor to eat. He should be applauded. There is more that can be done to support his spirit for transformation....and thats schooling.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by Almaiga: 5:37am On Jan 07, 2019
This must be a victim of Bokoharam. It's a pitty that the government is not doing much about the plight of those kids that are affected by the war.

10 Likes

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by KingOfAllIgbos: 5:39am On Jan 07, 2019
He's still way better than 1000s of Almajiri begging around.

This is so sad.... no education for him thus continuing the cycle of poverty cry

25 Likes

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by braveboy64(m): 5:40am On Jan 07, 2019
this what PDP brought to Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by PassingShot(m): 5:43am On Jan 07, 2019
[s]
onez:
The Failure called Buhari is a curse upon the North. His policies has pushed a lot of youths to drugs and radicalism with untold consequence. Banditry is flourishing in the North west. The North East has already been overrun by Boko Haram while the North Central is under siege by Herdsmen.
[/s]
Your frustration can only lead you to depression.

Buhari wasn't the president when your hopeless looting leaders like OBJ, GEJ, Athifkwu and others were looting away the future of today's children including yours.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by brightahia(m): 5:44am On Jan 07, 2019
election is next month, let's come enmass with our PVC to correct this error

3 Likes

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by panini(m): 5:52am On Jan 07, 2019
It's painful to see and know that there are thousands more like him. I served in the North and saw many malnourished barefooted almajiri children begging. To think they have parents... I wonder what they do with the females.

6 Likes

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by aolawale025: 5:54am On Jan 07, 2019
The boy deserves the chance at a better life

2 Likes

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by LuciferKristi: 5:54am On Jan 07, 2019
But Yusuf rides a N100m powerbike past this boy everyday.

The North deserve what they get afterall, without the South it could have been worse.

If Nigeria divides today, this boy's condition will be worse.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by Larryfest(m): 6:10am On Jan 07, 2019
It's like one of the northern governors specifically bought it's denizen's this shoe shining apparatus sef so let's just say the boy is making good use of it very well...

1 Like

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by saltycreatordra: 6:14am On Jan 07, 2019
See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State - Politics - Nairaland hero sele without display
Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:37am On Jan 07, 2019
These are the kinda negative things that Baba is doing all he can to put an end to.
But the little things the lowest of the market men and women are getting from the government is even making some people sad already, they rather share the billions among themselves.
And you see some lazy youth supporting such CRIMINALS.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by Exwizard: 6:37am On Jan 07, 2019
our handy work
Get yours, very affordable
Check image for contact
Ogun Lagos buyers only

1 Like

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by Zzyy(m): 6:38am On Jan 07, 2019
This is normal in d north

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 07, 2019
This boy at this age will make a good president, than the current Mr Lifeless

5 Likes

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by Mmlanrehh(m): 6:41am On Jan 07, 2019
All I want to say is that, THEY DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT US

7 Likes

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 07, 2019
PassingShot:
[s][/s]
Your frustration can only lead you to depression.

Buhari wasn't the president when your hopeless looting leaders like OBJ, GEJ, Athifkwu and others were looting away the future of today's children including yours.

But some one built 400 almajiri schools and 12 universities.. was it not to curb such?

What has buhari done to make life better for them?

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by googlepikins: 6:42am On Jan 07, 2019
Adebowale89:
Gombe PDP state?

read brother read. Awolowo tried with free education sha.

It's clearly stated that they came from Kastina and other APC states

6 Likes

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by Seetto: 6:42am On Jan 07, 2019
onez:
See how they rush , blaming buhari, as if all these were not on ground before buhari becomes president, it is a norm in the north, shabi this one na shoe maker, you go see kids knocking at your door, to dump refuse for you and get paid, buhari is really giving a lot of you nightmare, reason I don't know, buhari has already won the election, northerners a solemnly behind him, his people will never desert him, 9 out of 10 Hausa/Fulani rally their support behind buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by akdjr(m): 6:43am On Jan 07, 2019
Tomorrow now this same boy go come become president of this country because of a game that involves number.
Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by kareemkamil(m): 6:43am On Jan 07, 2019
It shall not be well with all our politicians who troll Nigeria into set back like this.

4 Likes

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by Anigreat: 6:45am On Jan 07, 2019
shocked

This is what the North is known for

They're known for everything backward and negative.

Very useless set of people.
Sincerely i regret sharing a country with these people.

To think these are they people that cling to the seat of power as if it's their birth right, and yet they're still backward.

Thunder fire north!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by Ifyhills(f): 6:46am On Jan 07, 2019
y am I not surprised
Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by bukynkwuenu: 6:46am On Jan 07, 2019
grin children of the ruling region.... kai

being in power without affecting their own.......later they will be shouting igbos are no United..... United kor Manchester ni

1 Like

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by cosmatika(m): 6:47am On Jan 07, 2019
Adebowale89:
Gombe PDP state?

Next time u read before jumping in to disgrace Awo's free education. The post said the children re from Kastina (ur Babu's state), Niger republic, sokoto, & others

1 Like

Re: See Viral Photo Of A Child Shoe Shiner Spotted In Gombe State by ktmoore: 6:51am On Jan 07, 2019
Adebowale89:
Gombe PDP state?

Yes Gombe is a PDP state doing well and the almajiris from APC states are flooding Gombe for better life.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Strange Professions That No Longer Exist / Top Things That Take Your Monthly Salary Silently- Cotenant.com.ng / How To Pass ICAN Exams With Flying Colours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.