Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains (37140 Views)

Abba Kyari: Abdul-Azeez Suleiman Caught On Leaked Tape Seeking DCP's Extradition / Leaked Tape: Tinubu Promises APC Members Good Money If Buhari Wins / Leaked Tape: Buhari And Amaechi Laughing Out Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by midolian(m): 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2019
Leaked audio: Amaechi’s ex-aide admits voice belongs to minister, explains what happened...

Ibim Semenitari, a former aide to the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has reacted to the audio recording in which the minister was heard expressing shocking pessimistic views about Nigeria and the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

In a press statement yesterday, she accepted the voice in the tape is Amaechi’s but insisted that the minister’s comment had been twisted out of context.

Amaechi, a key political ally of Buhari and is the Director-General of the Buhari/Osinbajo Campaign Organisation, was allegedly caught on tape portraying President Buhari as a dismal failure who has been unable to meet the expectations of various segments of the society.

However, the statement by Mrs Semenitari, a former Rivers State commissioner for Information under Amaechi, reads: “Let me first make it clear that I am not speaking for the Honourable Minister nor for his media team. He has quite competent hands who can do so.

“However, I feel compelled as someone who had sat in at myriads of interviews granted by the Honourable minister both when he was governor and a little while after that to correct what I believe is deliberate twisting of what he had said. First a bit of background to put things in context.

“Anyone who has sat with Amaechi in private discussions or at a media interview will agree that he has been consistent in expressing the belief that most Nigerians do not hate corruption but simply hate the fact that they are not the ones perpetuating the corruption. This has been his view expressed at different times in press interviews. It is for this reason that he has maintained that only a bloody revolution somewhat like the Rawlings revolution in Ghana will change Nigeria.

“During the Jonathan era, he had made these comments at various media discussions during which time he had also lamented about the former President’s refusal to listen and take counsel. Media colleagues at these events I am sure will remember. It is for this reason that I am certain the first recording was from one of those parleys.

“It is possible that the Honourable Minister has also on some occasions spoken about the frugality of the Buhari regime but he did so not in the context of negativity but as a positive indication of a new Nigeria where pain will ultimately translate to gain. Again I say this with the privilege of knowing his governance worldview in this regards.

“The reason I have bothered to speak about this is because this is a clear case of cut and paste. Different conversations taken out of context and brought together to create a narrative that is far from the truth.

“I am saddened by the fact that a purported conversation meant in the first place to be not for reportage and in strict confidence is being peddled. Though I wasn’t present at this so-called meeting but I gleaned this from the supposed comments of the minister in the peddled tape itself.

“Like I said, I do not hold brief for the minister not can speak for his media team but I do owe my country, my profession and posterity the truth that I know. Happy new year again and may Nigeria prosper.”

http://dailypost.ng/2019/01/07/leaked-audio-amaechis-ex-aide-admits-voice-belongs-minister-explains-happened/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by sunnymix: 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2019
undecided undecided

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by CarlosTheJackal: 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2019
Twisted out of context?

God punish you ma

Thunder fire you ma

We are not illiterates and we can decipher simple English

249 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by CarlosTheJackal: 12:09pm On Jan 07, 2019

“Like I said, I do not hold brief for the minister not can speak for his media team but I do owe my country, my profession and posterity the truth that I know. Happy new year again and may Nigeria prosper

Since you don't hold brief for the Minister then Shut up and get out

231 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by Racoon(m): 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2019
“I am saddened by the fact that a purported conversation meant in the first place to be not for reportage and in strict confidence is being peddled. Though I wasn’t present at this so-called meeting but I gleaned this from the supposed comments of the minister in the peddled tape itself.
Still confirming that the conversation actually took place & Amaechi was clearly identified as being behind it.

Amaechi perhaps took the people he was talking to into confidence perhaps that was why he was gleefully disparaging but same time saying the obvious truth about the Buhari's presidency.

How can Amaechi in his right thinking senses make these damaging revelation & joking said they are not meant to be publish? See how rational reasoning always depart from anyone under the spell of this moribund government?

So why is Ibim trying to be clever by half in the usual APC way of being repulsive to the truth esp.when implicated?

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by sarrki(m): 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
Madam leave them

They have nothing to Campaign for

We don’t deal with mediocrity

Next level

21 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by RevenGeMission: 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
The audio was edited background noise chart indicates tge difference

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by press9jatv: 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
#amaechisecrettapeonbuhari Minister for transport caught on a secret tape blasting #Buharias INCONPETENT and UNCARING .
He said that everyone is crying and that the rate of poverty in the country is too high and nothing will change unless everyone dies.
Guys what do you think� is he saying the truth or is it doctored���� @scotcity #scotcity .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_VywHkrgww

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by etebefia: 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
We don't need the explanation, go explain to Bihari.

27 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2019
If the DG of Buhari's campaign and a sitting minister does not believe in him, who am i to differ?...

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by Racoon(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2019
[s]
RevenGeMission:
The audio was edited background noise chart indicates tge difference
[/s]
-Mamman Daura/Abba Kyari audio on Aisha Buhari was denied.

-IGP's "Transmission, Transmitting and Transfusion" video was initially denied but acknowledged when someone broke the agreement to keep it secret.

-Lai Muhammed's infamous video on the alleged #3.5M monthly feeding of the unjustly incarcerated El-Zazzaky was strongly denied by the government until it was forced to do a volte face

-Gov.Umar Ganduje babanriga dollar bribe stuffing video & scandal was so shamelessly denied that it took a Buhari recommendation first before a fraudulent legal backing was obtained to quash it.
"President Muhammadu Buhari......has mentioned that Kano State governor, Umar Ganduje is a responsible leader despite allegations of the governor receiving bribes putting his position in question...."
https://lailasnews.com/ganduje-is-a-responsible-leader-buhari
while the EFCC was so paralyzed that it cant even investigate same scandal.

-Lawal Babachir, Abdulrasheed Maina, Kemi Adeosun, Obono-Obla, VP Osinbajo alleged #5B NEMA scandal, were all shamelessly defended by this useless government despite overwhelming evidence against them even confirming their indictment.

They lied so incredibly that they have bastardized the sensibility of reasonable Nigerians.Now the govt and zombies of course are still doing damage control on this

38 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by sarrki(m): 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s]
Senseless follow, follow jojarajo mentality
Think independently man.

I don’t deal with tribal bigots

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by ayobamiakinrind(m): 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2019
It is for this reason that he has maintained that only a bloody revolution somewhat like the Rawlings revolution in Ghana will change Nigeria.

So, why then is he marketing Buhari?

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by SalamRushdie: 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ameachi Leaked Tape is an eye opener into what the president's aides actually think of him, see below 7 (seven) things to takeaway from the tape .

1. The President doesn't care about Nigerians

2. The President doesn't care about Small Businesses

3. The President doesnt understand the relationship between govt policies and the economy .

4. The President is a poor reader.

5. The President laughs at the suffering of Nigerians .

6. Ameachi doesn't believe Nigeria is going anywhere

7. The President's aides know that poverty and suffering is escalating but prefer to lie to him all is well

Seun, Lalasticlala Mynd44

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by sarrki(m): 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2019
ayobamiakinrind:
It is for this reason that he has maintained that only a bloody revolution somewhat like the Rawlings revolution in Ghana will change Nigeria.

So, why then is he marketing Buhari?

Coz of people like you that wants to loot us dry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by Racoon(m): 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2019
[s]
sarrki:
I don’t deal with tribal bigots
[/s]
Meanwhile you're the numero uno on that list.Guy friend this is a new year.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by sarrki(m): 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s]
Meanwhile you're the numero uno on that list.Guy friend this is a new year.

Also avoid pdp miscreants

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by Racoon(m): 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2019
[s]
sarrki:
Also avoid pdp miscreants
[/s]Yet Amaechi that you venerate so much & in the heat now as well as Ganduje, Wammako, Musiliu Obanikoro, OUK, etc were all formerly of the PDP.Yours is a pathetic case brother.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by Racoon(m): 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Ameachi Leaked Tape is an eye opener into what the president's aides actually think of him, see below 7 (seven) things to takeaway from the tape .
1. The President doesn't care about Nigerians
2. The President doesn't care about Small Businesses
3. The President doesnt understand the relationship between govt policies and the economy .
4. The President is a poor reader.
5. The President laughs at the suffering of Nigerians.
6. Ameachi doesn't believe Nigeria is going anywhere
7. The President's aides know that poverty and suffering is escalating but prefer to lie to him all is well
Fixed! Welcome!

25 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by SalamRushdie: 12:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
Racoon:
Fixed! Welcome!

thanks boss

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by sarrki(m): 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s]Yet Amaechi that you venerate so much & in the heat now as well as Ganduje, Wammako, Musiliu Obanikoro, OUK, etc were all formerly of the PDP.Yours is a pathetic case brother.

I also avoid wadata miscreants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by jlinkd78(m): 12:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
F
Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by JusticeSeeker: 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ma, you've said the fact. Every sane mind wonders about the incoherent flow of the content of those audios. It's a cut and join work indeed.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by buharitill2023: 1:04pm On Jan 07, 2019
ok
Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2019
“It is possible that the Honourable Minister has also on some occasions spoken about the frugality of the Buhari regime but he did so not in the context of negativity but as a positive indication of a new Nigeria where pain will ultimately translate to gain. Again I say this with the privilege of knowing his governance worldview in this regards."... Ibim Semenitari, former aide to Hon. Amaechi (Min. Of Transport)

Wow. This woman is brilliant. The explanation is so convincing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by Teewhy2: 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2019
in every rumors there are always element of truth, If the president doesn't read how will he be able to tackle majority of the problem we encounter.

Are you planning to do a roof parapet?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/11

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by ainas247: 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2019
smiley ibi like say them want to tell us another story again oooo

Do you have a business check my profile

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by KingLennon(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2019
Don't try to paint bad things good ma. The deed has already been done atleast we understand simple English. He should try to explain it to the president maybe he will confuse him...

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2019
Mynd44 becarefull

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by sanmtiago(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2019
Re: Amaechi Leaked Tape: Ibim Semenitari Admits Voice Belongs To Minister, Explains by maestroferdi: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2019
Embarrassment left, right and center for Buhari and APC...

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Seyi Makinde's First Day In Office (Photos) / Obasanjo Visits Ibogun Olaogun In Ogun, The Town Where He Was Born On Boxing Day / Soludo to BAT: SE got Best Ministerial Positions, despite Giving you Least Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.