Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? (53992 Views)

This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? / Friends Mourn As 26-year-old Lady Dies Months After Her Wedding. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by dominusgai(m): 8:09pm On Jan 08, 2019
majekdom2:
Identify, study the patterns and happenings in people’s life before you assume their responsibilities. One hard lesson I learnt. What has she been doing in her 26 years. It is your mum’s fault. She didn’t ask the right questions.
In what planet is it the moms fault? What kind of questions on this earth is she supposed to ask the girl?

The girl is 26 not 16. She doesn't come home late. There was no where in the story where the girl was said to be keeping late night.

Or are you telling me you expect the mom to be checking the note book of a 26 year old girl to know if she is going to her lesson?

Or are you telling me if the 26 year old daughter of your sister comes to ask to stay with you in the city you will be asking 21 questions?

Please list the questions she was supposed to ask, let us know them.
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by dominusgai(m): 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2019
4dor:

Yes your mum is 100% at fault. Why? In this time and age she doesn't know you have to stay away from extended family members.

I don't know if you ara a Christian, but if you insist on not helping your family, you should not bother helping strangers, it is stron hypocrisy as all part of the bible preaches that charity begins at home.

Secondly, no transgenerational wealth can come about without extended families bond. Read about all wealthy families that has had wealth for over 100 years, they involved their relatives.

One of the reasons the south south lacks family with wealth beyond 50 years is this mentality. You do now that Dangote was not the direct son of Dantata but the son of a relative.
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by dominusgai(m): 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2019
andyanders:

Then, you are confusing people by saying that the guy is a friend to your mother. You should have stated that a neighbor who has shop close to where your mother has her shop, took advantage of the grown lady of 26.

You made the public see him as a friend to your mother.Tell your mother to tell them to go find somewhere to address the issue as both of them are full blown adults.

OK, first of all, there is no taking advantage of anybody here. I repeat anywhere and anytime, the average village girl is twice more sexually promiscuous that her city counterpart.

The fact that she could hide the affair without coming home late shows a high level of intelligence and calculation only gotten through practice.

The lady has always been promiscuous, I mean it did not take her long to get hooked up, almost as soon as she came.
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by delpee(f): 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2019
Next time, your mum should render help from a distance. Sometimes it's wiser to allow parents take full responsibility for their children's upbringing while you provide financial support.

I had a similar experience and I know others too. I was just lucky that my ward's sister and her husband appreciated my efforts and doused all the tension.

Life has changed. There are many irresponsible parents hoping others will rehabilitate their wayward children for them. Beware.
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by dominusgai(m): 8:30pm On Jan 08, 2019
QuitNotice:
Sorry I am so harsh, but you need to pay more attention to your english. A couple of novels would be great.

Talking about your mum, you only take people in when you have the time to groom them. She didn't pay much attention to the girl's activities. Women know women, even after a mere glance. Your mum didn't put in enough effort to check mate that girl's activities

So you are expecting the mom to monitor a 26 year old woman, or try to give her extra attention as if she is a baby. Hmm
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2019
dominusgai:

In what planet is it the moms fault? What kind of questions on this earth is she supposed to ask the girl?

The girl is 26 not 16. She doesn't come home late. There was no where in the story where the girl was said to be keeping late night.

Or are you telling me you expect the mom to be checking the note book of a 26 year old girl to know if she is going to her lesson?

Or are you telling me if the 26 year old daughter of your sister comes to ask to stay with you in the city you will be asking 21 questions?

Please list the questions she was supposed to ask, let us know them.
wisdom sometimes is hard to come by but by experience. If you ask the mom if she will take another family member who is about 26 years, she will tell you No, this means she has learnt. It’s as simple as this. Before she helps the next person, she will ask what she has been doing with her life and what she wants for herself not making choices for the person. Is it by coming home late. A girl of 26 with no tangible skills is definitely looking for the next man who is willing to get her pregnant or take her as a wife.
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Adewale1603(m): 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
The lady and her mother are mad like really mad, very very mad, like super mad, terribly mad, like high level madness, customised madness, HD madness, Superior quality madness, highly durable madness angry
that HD madness got me, like seriously, High definition, true colour 1366 x 768
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by shollish(m): 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2019
would like us to talk.
Ardar:

yes I do
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Briller: 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ardar:
Hi everyone,

I have a very serious family problem, my parents decided to take a female relative of ours from our home town to come live with us in Port Harcourt, due to the fact that she couldn't continue with her education and had to learn a skill.

This lady was enrolled in one of these computer centers to at least be a computer literate since non of my family members had the time to teach her and she wanted to learn.

Every morning she goes on an errand for my mom before moving along to learn in the computer center, not knowing she was dating and sleeping with a guy.

My mom never thought she would ever behave in such a stupid way, I mean coming to an unknown place for the first time and already dating a guy within a short period was something my mom never expected.

She got pregnant a month before Christmas, she told no one and waited till we all travelled back home to tell her mother. All of a sudden we started hearing rumors of how the girl we brought back home got pregnant and my mom was to blame for it.

This girls mother took out the all the blame on my mom and not her daughter, this woman said that my mother neglected her daughter to fall prey to men in the city but took care of me because am her own child, till today my mom and the ladies mother are not speaking to each other.

For Christs sake this lady is 26 years old and 4 years away from clocking 30, am younger than the lady and due to my introvert nature i tend to stay indoors and out of trouble not even because of my mom, if I wanted to become wild i would have, a long time ago.

So pls is my mom truly at fault here?

OP, your mom did nothing wrong. She only wanted to help. Unfortunately, she underestimated the young girls of these days who are sexually hyperactive. You guys were even lucky.

My own experience was my help I brought from a remote northern village. She was a very well mannered, extremely beautiful girl, and she was bringing guys to sleep with her in my house without my knowledge. I would never have believed if anyone had told me. I only found out when I got her a new phone and she was struggling with how to use it so she brought the phone to me to help her. Guess what I saw, a sex tape of herself and some guy. This was just 2 weeks after her resumption. Five years down the line, she is still staying with me but that singular act thought me never to underestimate any human being.

1 Like

Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Zivaharry(m): 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ardar:
Hi everyone,

I have a very serious family problem, my parents decided to take a female relative of ours from our home town to come live with us in Port Harcourt, due to the fact that she couldn't continue with her education and had to learn a skill.

This lady was enrolled in one of these computer centers to at least be a computer literate since non of my family members had the time to teach her and she wanted to learn.

Every morning she goes on an errand for my mom before moving along to learn in the computer center, not knowing she was dating and sleeping with a guy.

My mom never thought she would ever behave in such a stupid way, I mean coming to an unknown place for the first time and already dating a guy within a short period was something my mom never expected.

She got pregnant a month before Christmas, she told no one and waited till we all travelled back home to tell her mother. All of a sudden we started hearing rumors of how the girl we brought back home got pregnant and my mom was to blame for it.

This girls mother took out the all the blame on my mom and not her daughter, this woman said that my mother neglected her daughter to fall prey to men in the city but took care of me because am her own child, till today my mom and the ladies mother are not speaking to each other.

For Christs sake this lady is 26 years old and 4 years away from clocking 30, am younger than the lady and due to my introvert nature i tend to stay indoors and out of trouble not even because of my mom, if I wanted to become wild i would have, a long time ago.

where u De for pH..... I wan see you self.
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ardar:
Hi everyone,

something tells me you did it wink
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by PHOTSEE(m): 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2019
Cut long stori short, d girli don get husband abi ehe no go marry the girl why him put for family way, abi the girl rotten pass like dat. tying the nut between the guy and girl is the possible way of your mom to redeem her self.

1 Like

Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by pussyAvenger: 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2019
Rosarie:
My dear the one I saw growing up made me vow never ever to carry family relative to stay with me.they always end up been ungrateful.no matter what u do.
selfish, family destroyer spotted
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Rosarie(f): 11:21pm On Jan 08, 2019
pussyAvenger:
selfish, family destroyer spotted
dead brain,; leech with a myopic mind spotted.mumu
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by 4dor: 11:25pm On Jan 08, 2019
dominusgai:

I don't know if you ara a Christian, but if you insist on not helping your family, you should not bother helping strangers, it is stron hypocrisy as all part of the bible preaches that charity begins at home.

Secondly, no transgenerational wealth can come about without extended families bond. Read about all wealthy families that has had wealth for over 100 years, they involved their relatives.

One of the reasons the south south lacks family with wealth beyond 50 years is this mentality. You do now that Dangote was not the direct son of Dantata but the son of a relative.

Read my statement again, at no point did I say relatives mustn't be helped. You can help them but you also have to keep them at arms length. You also can't talk about generational wealth with people that have an entitlement mentality. It can't work.

1 Like

Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by pussyAvenger: 11:41pm On Jan 08, 2019
Rosarie:
dead brain,; leech with a myopic mind spotted.mumu
l know your type... and your type will never never cross my path

Now go fly your kite. Dunce!
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Rosarie(f): 11:46pm On Jan 08, 2019
pussyAvenger:
l know your type... and your type will never never cross my path

Now go fly your kite. Dunce!
u got no part.no direction.empty can.u can't even put ur feet on my foot print.so we can never cross dumb skull.next time u think befre u write thrash.see name sef pussy avenger kai.u be real fool.hopeless thing.can u say this name before ur father or mother.failure of a child
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Organs(m): 11:55pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ishilove:

And I disagree with your disagreement. Are we forgetting here that this lady is an adult who should know better?? She is responsible for her poor choices, nobody else. Did Ardar's mother tell her to go deek hunting? Did Ardar's mother tell her not to comport herself? Do you need education to have common sense? Was she a virgin when she began dating who got her pregnant?

Please, stop passing the buck here. The lady is 4 years away from 30, not a naive teenager. She is solely for her predicament.

Ishilove, if a man gives you attention and cares for you a lot, two things will happen, if you get all that love and care at home, you will have the confidence to shine your eye wella and make better choices. Now, if you're away from all the things you are used to, (fetching water from the stream, firewood cooking etc) but living in a better environment, with electricity, easier life but with no real care, compassion, love etc, the first man that comes telling you how beautiful you look, you will start dreaming about him. Simple test, if you have a househelp, maiguard or driver, or anyone you are "doing a favor" constantly and have a honest and sincere conversation with them about them and them only and discover a lot you don't even know.
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Organs(m): 12:02am On Jan 09, 2019
jesmond3945:
you are very intelligent, this is exactly what happened. You shouldn't have typed so much sha lol.

Thank you Bros. You call me intelligent and put Very in front of the intelligent. I will do shakara wella today. By the way, can i take this "very intelligent" to the bank and exchange for some =N= grin grin grin grin
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by pussyAvenger: 12:09am On Jan 09, 2019
Rosarie:
u got no part.no direction.empty can.u can't even put ur feet on my foot print.so we can never cross dumb skull.next time u think befre u write thrash.see name sef pussy avenger kai.u be real fool.hopeless thing.can u say this name before ur father or mother.failure of a child
Sweetheart is this the best you can pull off?

You ain't no challenge. Go play with those in your league..
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Organs(m): 12:09am On Jan 09, 2019
sharpwriter:

You really touched something deep here....may not be far from the truth of what happened when we look at it from your point of view. Africans are less empirical at connecting dots on issues.

Excellent point Sharp Guy!!

1 Like

Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Organs(m): 12:11am On Jan 09, 2019
jesmond3945:
yes your mum didn't have time for her, there was no emotional connection she acted as if she was doing a favour not that she really wanted to. My conclusion came from were you said nobody had time to teach her anything.

See Smart Intelligent Nmadu! If i know your address, i will send kolanut to you!!!
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by tzoracle: 12:35am On Jan 09, 2019
Ardar:
You know the worst part is that the guy that got her pregnant is even a friend to my mom.

Are they still friends ? grin grin
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Seahawk: 12:41am On Jan 09, 2019
Not when the person is a 26 year old woman

thorpido:
Not exactly your mom's fault but if you bring a girl from the village to stay with you,you should have spent time educating and counselling her.
The moment you notice anyhow waka,you put her on the next night bus. angry

Boys for city tear eye and 'bush meat' dey quick fall.

The milk is spilt and there is little you can do now.Your mom has to take part of the blame.When someone is staying with you,you are responsible for that person's care and guide.
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by jesmond3945: 2:09am On Jan 09, 2019
grin
Organs:

Thank you Bros. You call me intelligent and put Very in front of the intelligent. I will do shakara wella today. By the way, can i take this "very intelligent" to the bank and exchange for some =N= grin grin grin grin
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Kellydrive1: 2:13am On Jan 09, 2019
[quote author=Ardar post=74541797]You know the worst part is that the guy that got her pregnant is even a friend to my mom.[/quote

The guy is a friend to your mum...I don't get ..as in he is firing your mum too or what ..?..that guy must be firing from all cylinders ..you are lucky he didn't get you ..
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by thorpido(m): 8:32am On Jan 09, 2019
Seahawk:
Not when the person is a 26 year old woman

As long as she's under my roof, I will still exercise some authority and guidance or she has to leave my house.

1 Like

Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by rita25(f): 9:45am On Jan 09, 2019
NO!!!!!!
Your mum is not to blame if she did not train her daughter well from infancy to date she should not blame someone else,,,,the daughter is obviously spoilt from where she is coming from.
Ardar:
Hi everyone,

Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by jakandeola(m): 11:42am On Jan 09, 2019
Ardar:
Hi everyone,

is it a crime to have sex at 26 are u a virgen? Hippocrates like u the girl is in pain not with her parent u are lucky to have mum den u run mouth like okada

1 Like

Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by jakandeola(m): 11:44am On Jan 09, 2019
Ardar:
Hi everyone,

did u mum show equal love to u? hippocrates
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2019
andyanders:

Mehn, understand that she is already 26 and can code herself to look so innocent but any slightest opportunity, she will collect one round come back and pretend as if nothing happened. At her age, they shouldn't have taken her in because she can even break a home by sleeping with the man of the house. She is the that type that can pretend and be moving like snail around the house and once an opportunity comes her way, she will go for a quick one.

The mother to the op shouldn't be blamed of her action but can only be blamed of bringing in a full blown woman to stay with them. She should have encouraged her to marry and learn handwork in her husband's house.
Didn't she stay with her own mum up to that age without anything happening? If she was actually the way you portray her, she would have gotten preggy long before going to stay with the aunt. 26 yo doesn't mean in a scenario where the aunt is old enough to be her mum. Her negligence stinks from every direction. If you manage to take care of your daughter till she is 26, and a family member assures you they can take it from there, and you oblige, only for her to end up in the family way, in the wink of an eye, I don't think this would be your reaction.
Re: Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ardar:
You know the worst part is that the guy that got her pregnant is even a friend to my mom.
And your mum's fault doubles grin
Abeg don't tell the girl's mum oo; make e no break firewood for your mama head wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

34-yr-old Mother Who Died During Childbirth Along With Baby Set For Final Burial / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice / We Confessed To Each Other, Should I Be Worried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.