Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Ghost Of The Past - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghost Of The Past (44290 Views)

Scares Of The Past / 7 DAYS (the Past Came Haunting) S01 / The Lost Ghost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2019
Skubido you're welcome.

Ann2012 thanks a lot.

LightQueen

Izaray grin

Aprilwise

Prudysara

Thank you so much to you all. I really appreciate the support.

Queenitee... embarassed don't worry I won't interfere anymore.

Chigozie1010 grin sorry sir

Kaycee9242

Treasure17 thanks a lot.

Zyzxx kiss thank you

Dimssy thanks a lot and I'm doing really fine. Thanks for asking.

AndyGlobal sorry bro. But thanks for coming.

Honourable365 thanks for asking. I'm doing great. This is like a come back story. It's been long since I last read literature stuffs but cool all corrections have been noted. Too bad I already finished this one but I'm working on No Right Way To Love, I hope to do a better job on that one.

Damselposh please I will appreciate. I like Eva and Pure Haven kiss or just give me hollandia

Thank you all embarassed I sincerely appreciate the support.

08120912480...my WhatsApp number in case of necessity.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by lordlek: 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2019
KimberlyWest:
Skubido you're welcome.

Ann2012 thanks a lot.

LightQueen

Izaray grin

Aprilwise

Prudysara

Thank you so much to you all. I really appreciate the support.

Queenitee... embarassed don't worry I won't interfere anymore.

Chigozie1010 grin sorry sir

Kaycee9242

Treasure17 thanks a lot.

Zyzxx kiss thank you

Dimssy thanks a lot and I'm doing really fine. Thanks for asking.

AndyGlobal sorry bro. But thanks for coming.

Honourable365 thanks for asking. I'm doing great. This is like a come back story. It's been long since I last read literature stuffs but cool all corrections have been noted. Too bad I already finished this one but I'm working on No Right Way To Love, I hope to do a better job on that one.

Damselposh please I will appreciate. I like Eva and Pure Haven kiss or just give me hollandia

Thank you all embarassed I sincerely appreciate the support.

08120912480...my WhatsApp number in case of necessity.
Me unko
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 21, 2019
lordlek:

Me unko

Sorry boo. embarassed but you know I appreciate your support.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2019
Enemy's within
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Kaycee9242(m): 8:57pm On Jan 21, 2019
I was thinking Alex was nefarious without knowing that Daniel has another devil to contend with. Kimberly thanks so much, you are doing a great job here
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Slimzzy00: 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
I read this from the beginning and I must to say Kimberly you are really talented. this story is one of the best I've ever read this year. even me a literature student can't do much of this
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2019
I knew it, so our Aunty Shade has a son.
Josh better be Daniel's son
Re: Ghost Of The Past by aprilwise(m): 10:56pm On Jan 21, 2019
Everyone has Innocent faces and guilty hearts. No one is a saint . Thanks Kimberly West.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 22, 2019
CHAPTER NINE

Another Monday morning meant another stressful work week.

It's been slightly over two weeks since Josh returned to his mum. He was fine and everything was back to normal.

Amanda couldn't be more excited for herself and her son.

Daniel's presence made her even more excited. She was happy he was taking out time from his busy schedule to take care of a child that wasn't even his.

Although sometimes, his presence brought discomfort to her. It got her mind going in the direction it shouldn't be going at all. The last time he visited. He stayed up till 9 Pm and when it was time for him to leave, she almost begged him to stay. Thank goodness she shut her mouth tight before she vomited the words. She knew clearly well that despite the divorce and everything. Her love for him was still very much alive.

When she heard he got married, she had promised herself that she would let him be and move on with her life but with him constantly visiting, she didn't know how long she would keep that promise anymore.

She was still lost in thought when a knock sounded on the door.

"Who's there?" she hurried to the door.

"Naomi."

She opened the door with a huge smile on her face.

"I like that smile." Naomi said to her equally smiling.

"Where's he?"

"In the room." She supplied.

Naomi dropped her handbag and started towards the bedroom. "Josh baby, I brought chocolates."

Amanda smiled. Josh's kidnap brought her one time best friend back to her and she was glad about that.
Naomi was her friend back then in the University. They were really great friends and enjoyed each others company until they started to drift apart. She and Naomi didn't exactly fight and she still couldn't put a finger to what happened between them. But she was happy they were back to being friends.

Since they became friends again. Naomi visited almost everyday bringing chocolates for Josh who never hid his excitement whenever he saw her.

Naomi soon came out with Josh by her side carrying the box of chocolates.

"Amanda, tell me about it."

Amanda gave her a puzzled stare. "About what?"

"The reason for your smile."

"Josh is the reason." Amanda replied and went back to her cleaning.

"Nop," Naomi waved her hand. "don't give me that. I know the smile of a woman in love."

Amanda laughed lightly. "Tell me about the smile."

"Don't change the topic. Is it that your hot handsome boss or Daniel."

"None."

Naomi shook her head. She was never the type to give up easily. She always made sure she got whatever she wanted. Be it information or person!

Naomi followed Amanda as she walked to the kitchen.

"Do you still Iove Daniel?"

The question came as a shock to her. she never saw it coming. "Naomi, get your thoughts straight. Daniel is a married man."

"A married man that you're still in love with." Naomi chided looking closely at her to see how she would react. Unfortunately, Her face gave off nothing. She maintained a neutral expression.

Naomi rolled her eyes while she wasn't watching. Things were not going her way!

Shade couldn't even get her self to think clearly as she ran down the stairs of her office.

She had received a call from Alex telling her to meet him at the restaurant across the street and from the tone of his voice, she knew that all wasn't well at all. She just hoped nothing was wrong with Daniel.

"Shade, where to?" her colleague asked. They have never seen her going across the street to do anything.
She turned with a nervous smile. "I need to see someone in Kachi Restaurant."

With that, she walked on faster until she got to where Alex sat, waiting.

"Hope there's nothing wrong?" she asked immediately.

He stood up with a smile that didn't reach his eyes.
"Not at all. Can we go to my car?"

She gave him a confused look. "Why?"

"Quit asking and just obey me if you want things to still remain the way they are."

She was puzzled by that statement but she still followed. She and Alex had become so close and hearing him talk to her that way got her really angry. What did she do to warrant such tone?

Once seated in his car, he turned to her and grinned mischievously.

"What's wrong with you?" she questioned. Now visibly angry.

He smiled, "You! You're one hell of a deceitful fellow. How long did you think you could keep the secret?"

Her heart thudded heavily in her chest. God, not what she's thinking. She decided to play innocent. "What secret?"

This time around, a laugh followed and he turned his face away from her and focused on the roads. "You know what, I won't tell anyone and in return, you know what to do. I've always had a thing for you and your fine body," he turned and winked at her. "Give me what I want and I'll keep your secret."

One part of her was angry at him for vomiting such nonsense to her and one part of her was wishing it was a dream. He couldn't have possibly found about her most guided secret. No way, even if he's a well trained private investigator. "Alex, go to hell."

He laughed so loudly that she wondered if he had gone mad.

Shade took her bag and made to step out of the car.

"I spoke with Nancy," he paused to see her reaction. She reacted just the way he had anticipated. She sat still with her face to him and her mouth open from shock. "I know about our little cutie."

"Wha..." the word died in her mouth.

"I haven't see him but I know he will be cute. Knowing his pretty mum only has eyes for fine men." he half-mocked.

"Alex, please what do you want? Please don't tell anyone about this. I beg you." tears was already in her eyes. "It was a terrible mistake I made back in my university days that resulted to that, please."

How did he meet Nancy and why would he find out about it just when her marriage was beginning to take a new turn. She and Daniel have become so close once more. He sometimes return late due to work related issues but a day never goes by without him buying her one thing or another and reminding how what she meant to him and how beautiful she was.

"God, not now!" she lamented

Alex loved to see women in this kind of situation, they looked so vulnerable and they are always ready to do anything for their secret to be kept safe. He remembered seeing a woman so dear to him looking like this few years back.

"Alex, please." She cried out as his hand travelled up her thighs. "Please, don't do this."

He brought his hands to himself. "No baby, it's either this or I tell Daniel. Choose one."

"How much do you need?"

He smiled. "Do I look like a beggar? In fact, I don't want your body anymore. I'm telling Daniel."

Shade looked at him with tears in her eyes. "Please don't, this will ruin my life. I beg you Alex. Please."

He played deaf and brought out his phone. "As the good friend I am. The right thing would be to tell Dan and let him handle his own issues."

Shade's face was already wet with tears. " please, help me keep this secret."

"I will try. Meet me in Mifes Hotel by 5 Pm today, we will sort things out there."

"Alex please, I don't want to cheat on my husband. Please let me pay you off. Please, any amount you want."

"Money can't buy me. I'm priceless," he smirked.

"Please Alex," she begged again. He was asking her to do the impossible. That would be a sin against God and against everything she's ever lived for. She couldn't even bring herself to think of his filthy hands touching her. The hatred she had for him returned in full force. She suddenly hated him, she despised him like a plague. "You can't do this to your best friend."

He flashed his teeth at her. "I thought you were smart. I didn't know you were just like your dummy husband."

She turned to him. The hatred she now has for him so visible. "Are you even his friend or his enemy."

"Haven't you figured it out yet?" he asked, a mischievous look on his face.

"You're a demon." she spat out and stepped out of the car.

Laughing, "don't forget our appointment." He called out to her.

Shade went straight to her car. Her head, her face and her make up was a mess. There's no way she would go back in there and continue working, she no longer cared if they fired her or not.

She sat down in her car, crying like a new born. The thought of telling her mum about Olumide came to her mind but she quickly dismissed it. Her mum would just die of heart attack. Just few people knew she got pregnant while in the university and her mum wasn't one of those few people. She and her roommates hid it so well from people after a futile attempt at abortion.

Daniel struggled hard to concentrate on his work. But it seemed his struggle yielded no fruit.

There was so much going on in his mind.

Josh's kidnap of which the police have started their investigation. This new feeling for Amanda, that's he's been trying so hard to fight.

Lately, he's been buying gifts for his wife and trying to be closer to her than they used to but it seemed that the more he tried to get closer to her, the more his feelings for Amanda grew.

He couldn't help but remember all the sweet moments they've had together.

"I really need to work," he said to himself. "and no, my feelings for her died years ago after she got pregnant for another man."

The problem with first loves, no matter how they wrong you, you never seem to love them less. He knew it and he was trying so hard to crush the feelings.

He stood up like he was being chased. He needed to talk to someone and no other person than Alex. A friend who has been with him through thick and thin. It was Alex who first told him about Amanda's affair, then he didn't believe him and they quarrelled bitterly over it but as time went on, she drifted apart from him, that was when he started to she was having an affair and when she got pregnant, it confirmed his suspicion.
It was a heartbreaking thing to hear. The news tore him apart, he cried like a child and when she showed no iota of remorse, he moved on with his life. He thought the hatred he had...he at least thought he had, would last forever but seeing her again and remembering how things used to be between them brought back the love he had for her in a way he never experienced before.
He gave instructions to his secretary and left for Alex's house.

The thirty minutes drive to Alex's house really did wonders to his brain. He was a lot calmer when he arrived.

"Hello Uncle," Miranda greeted the moment the door opened.

"Hy Miranda, how are you doing?"

"Fine,"

"Studies?"

"Very fine uncle, I'm just doing my best."

Daniel smiled at her, "just keep doing your best. Everything will be fine. Where's your dad?"

"He went out like long ago, I'm sure he will soon be back." she heard the sound of a car driving into the compound. "He's back."

She left him and ran out to meet her dad.

He breathed heavily as he sat down. He barely rested his back on the chair when his phone rang. "Hello officer."

It was the police officer incharge of the shooting incidence at the airport. He called to tell him that his presence was needed at the police station.

Finally, they were getting a headway in the case. He pocketed his phone and ran out, almost hitting Alex on the way.

"Calm down bro, is your wife in labour? Where are you running to?" Alex questioned.

"The police station at Zone 7. My presence is needed there."

Alex blinked severally, "Why?"

"Have you forgotten that someone tried to kill me at the airport?"

"Oh that, Good luck!" Alex left him and walked into the house.

"I will come back later." He shouted after Alex.

"Alright. I hope they catch the person soon."

Daniel didn't even respond as he hurried to his car.
Alex seethed as he rushed into his bedroom.

Pulling out his phone, he dialed on his favourite contact. "His on his way to the police station, Zone 7 division. You know what to do." he spoke as soon as the person picked the call.

"Yes boss." the person at the other end replied.

"Do a clean job this time around. I don't want stories."
With that, he ended the call and walked to the kitchen.

He needed to eat and sleep now that his plans were finally falling into place.

He finally had Shade at the tip of his finger.

And Daniel? He has like three alternatives to finally get rid of him and make him pay for his sins.

He laughed wickedly as he dished his food.

The first time he met Daniel, he had good intentions until that day when Daniel ruined almost his whole life.
That was when he was just starting to be friends with Daniel.

He already had Miranda then and things were not going too well at his end, not financially though cuz the moment he met Daniel, he took it upon himself and made sure he never lacked money.

He had just returned from the children's playground where he went to clear his head and think about his life, something he had been doing a lot since he met Daniel. They were both of the same age and Daniel was way more successful than him and that made him to start doing a lot of thinking on how to better his own life, if Daniel his own age mate could make it that big, then he could also do it.

Daniel wasn't married and he didn't have a baby mama and he on the other hand already had two baby mama's.

That day he had made up his mind to reconcile his differences with Miranda's mum and finally settle down with her despite the cheating...lot of cheating going on on both ends. He was cheating on her heavily and she was also doing the same, but he couldn't get his mind off her. She was his first love and the mother of his first child.

That particular day, he made up his mind to start doing the right things.

So he entered the car that Daniel had gotten him and started towards Miranda's house. He drove fast, whistling and praying in his mind for things to go well. Just at the entrance to her house, he saw the most heartbreaking scene in his life.

There she was with her head on Daniel's shoulder as he patted and ran his hand over her hair.

He closed his eyes severally to make sure it was not his head playing games with him but each time he closed them and opened them, he met the same scene again. They didn't even notice him, they were too engrossed in what they were doing to even notice when he drove away.

To say he was pained that day would be an understatement, he was hurt beyond measure and he was betrayed. Since that day, he started to despise Daniel.

'Daddy," Miranda called behind him.

He hissed and turned to her. "What? "

"I'm going out to visit my friend."

"Male or female."

"Female." she replied and he nodded at her to go.

She thanked him and ran out of the house.

She smiled warmly when she saw him. He was so handsome and had dimples on both sides of his cheeks just like Daniel.

"Miranda Hy," he said as soon as she got to him.

"Hello Israel,"

"Hope you're fine." he asked, when he saw the dark circles beneath her eyes.

"Yap. Very fine. I took your advice and studied last night."

He smirked, showing the dimples again. "So glad you took my advice. You deserve a plate of ice cream for that." he held her hands and led her to the road leading to the popular children's park.

Miranda felt blessed to have come across him that day, on her way back from school. Finally she had someone her age even though wiser and smarter, to talk to since her parents obviously hated her with so much passion.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 22, 2019
LightQueen:
Enemy's within

Within and around. They're everywhere.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 22, 2019
Kaycee9242:
I was thinking Alex was nefarious without knowing that Daniel has another devil to contend with. Kimberly thanks so much, you are doing a great job here

Thanks dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 22, 2019
Slimzzy00:
I read this from the beginning and I must to say Kimberly you are really talented. this story is one of the best I've ever read this year. even me a literature student can't do much of this

grin grin thanks a lot.

I'm sure you can. You just haven't tried yet.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 22, 2019
queenitee:
I knew it, so our Aunty Shade has a son.
Josh better be Daniel's son

Amen o cheesy
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 22, 2019
aprilwise:
Everyone has Innocent faces and guilty hearts. No one is a saint . Thanks Kimberly West.

The enemys have the most innocent faces and the sweetest smile.

grin I'm not saying that everyone that has these traits are enemy's o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Slimzzy00: 7:18am On Jan 22, 2019
KimberlyWest:

grin grin thanks a lot.
I'm sure you can. You just haven't tried yet.
lol you are almost right I'm just a lazy writer
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 11:10am On Jan 22, 2019
The story lines are awesome KimberlyWest. Nice update. Every unfriendly friends planning evil against me. Die by fire. grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by do4luv14(m): 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2019
Ann2012:
Silensa come here ooooo

hmmmm SILENSA abi,
Skubido don tire you nah silensa now abi,

iffa vex nah you go say ah dey vex ehn?

come bia nwoke SILENSA iffa catch u ehn
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
kimberlywest baby you deserve some acolades, you just cleared my curiosity, alex cant hate daniel like that without no deep reason, wow, infact communication is just the key, Daniel is suffering from sin he knows nothing about and alex on the other hand his doing what he will regret doing to his friend when he later discover the truth... for shade no secret can be kept forever, she is just a revenge tool for alex, am just happy daneil already have josh and her mother as shock absorver, if not he will die of attack if alex succeeded with his mission

kimberlywest men... you deserve some accolades

welldone and thanks for the updates
Re: Ghost Of The Past by BlessedNiel: 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2019
Finally catch up
Well done Kimberlywest
Quite a story you've got here
Very interesting to say the least
And a BIG FAN you've got in me
Was wondering why Alex hates his friend so much
So it's all about a woman?

Daniel not aware of Shade's child,
Shade not aware of Daniel's x-wife

If the statement above is true then it's 50/50
Re: Ghost Of The Past by damselposh(f): 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2019
Ewooo, Aunty Shade get pikin, and I was rooting for her already.

Well done Kim
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2019
do4luv14:

hmmmm SILENSA abi,
Skubido don tire you nah silensa now abi,

iffa vex nah you go say ah dey vex ehn?

come bia nwoke SILENSA iffa catch u ehn

cheesy grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2019
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Ghost Of The Past by uchesmith14: 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2019
Nice one @Kimberlywest keep the good work going.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
Really? Now Daniel that was terrible, really really
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 23, 2019
Treasure17:
The story lines are awesome KimberlyWest. Nice update. Every unfriendly friends planning evil against me. Die by fire. grin

Die by fire.

Amen! smiley
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:11am On Jan 23, 2019
zyzxx:
kimberlywest baby you deserve some acolades, you just cleared my curiosity, alex cant hate daniel like that without no deep reason, wow, infact communication is just the key, Daniel is suffering from sin he knows nothing about and alex on the other hand his doing what he will regret doing to his friend when he later discover the truth... for shade no secret can be kept forever, she is just a revenge tool for alex, am just happy daneil already have josh and her mother as shock absorver, if not he will die of attack if alex succeeded with his mission

kimberlywest men... you deserve some accolades

welldone and thanks for the updates

grin You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 23, 2019
BlessedNiel:
Finally catch up
Well done Kimberlywest
Quite a story you've got here
Very interesting to say the least
And a BIG FAN you've got in me
Was wondering why Alex hates his friend so much
So it's all about a woman?

Daniel not aware of Shade's child,
Shade not aware of Daniel's x-wife

If the statement above is true then it's 50/50

The power of a woman grin

Thanks a lot for following/reading. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 23, 2019
damselposh:
Ewooo, Aunty Shade get pikin, and I was rooting for her already.

Well done Kim

Thanks dear.

grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 23, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update ma'am

Thanks for reading sweetie.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 23, 2019
uchesmith14:
Nice one @Kimberlywest keep the good work going.

Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 23, 2019
queenitee:
Really? Now Daniel that was terrible, really really

Hope your Dan hasn't disappointed you? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again By Ola Rotimi, A Review / The Cyber Lover / Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.